Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I always wondered if it was possible to fill out the whole sphere grid and how would that effect things like how hard Yuna can hit or something.

I remember the last time I played, Yuna ended up being better at magic than Lulu.

That's because Lulu is kind of poo poo in the lategame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rhonne posted:

I always wondered if it was possible to fill out the whole sphere grid and how would that effect things like how hard Yuna can hit or something.

The spergy endgame of FFX is doing that.

It's just Yuna/Tidus/Rikku hitting for max damage with regular attacks and spamming Health multipliers and that's basically it.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
The expert grid and a lot of the superbosses were in european versions of FFX, so I actually already know a lot of this nonsense.
The expert grid just reshuffles the regular grid a bit and removes some level 1 or level 2 locks. It starts all characters in the middle and allows them to just go down the path of another character.
For example you can immediately make Wakka go down the path that Lulu normally goes down and make him learn spells. Or make Yuna go down Aurons path, et cetera.
I thought it would be amusing playing with it and once made Lulu go down Aurons path in order to make her my heavy hitter, but this is a super stupid idea because her attack animation is dumb and takes way too long and her Overdrive sucks.
Khimari was still useless.

It doesn't really do anything significant.

The FFX endgame and the super bosses are mostly about grinding the monster arena for stat ups, deleting the old sphere grid with erase spheres and replacing it in its entirety with more powerful spheres so you can max out your stats.
It's pretty much required if you want to do the super bosses like the dark aeons and poo poo. Your characters stop mattering long before then, since you can do a very easy 99 level trick as soon as you've gained access to king tomberry (which you can do after doing the Yojimbo cave).

The expert sphere grid is actually worse for the big endgame grind, since it has less nodes and you end up deleting and replacing most of the grid anyways.

It's not worth it.
The last time I had a go at it I ran out of steam after dark Shiva.

If you do buy the remake that has all these features added, make absolutely sure that you do complete the extra trial of the first temple the first time around. You can't return for a long time and by the time you can Yuna is already branded traitor, causing the roadblock of the Dark Valefor fight.
The path gets blocked until you grind it out, which means that you can't get access to Anima (as it requires all the extra trials be completed).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat's dad has had multiple bad experiences with waking up during heart surgery. :suicide:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd never heard of how much of a disaster this Walking Dead game Matt covered was. Jeez.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I had literally never even heard of it, I thought it was going to be about the old not-Telltale one.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

yeah, I was worried it'd be a repeat of the Fallout 76 one of hitting on what's hot without much juicy dirt, but I wasn't really familiar with much of the story and it seemed like he did a pretty good job with it - much stronger episode for sure.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo I wonder what happened to this game. I was at E3 (2013 if I recall) when they demoed this game.

Wooooow. That explains why we never got a PayDay 3.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
"Don't listen to your body, it sucks and lies to you constantly," say two people who abused their bodies so bad they can't sleep right.

Yeah, sounds about right.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie's complex about his body makes more sense if he's the biggest and shortest of the family.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I wonder if there's a lot of random bullshit Woolie cuts out of the Woolie Will Figure It Out episodes. I assumed the recent one with Plague was something he did recently with Plague at this point..... Not something from 3+ months ago.

I feel like he should just mostly avoid doing his intros. He just seems kind of lifeless and dull to me. Maybe it's just him recording in a different way, but it almost sounds unWoolie-like to me.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

MaxDuo posted:

I wonder if there's a lot of random bullshit Woolie cuts out of the Woolie Will Figure It Out episodes. I assumed the recent one with Plague was something he did recently with Plague at this point..... Not something from 3+ months ago.

I feel like he should just mostly avoid doing his intros. He just seems kind of lifeless and dull to me. Maybe it's just him recording in a different way, but it almost sounds unWoolie-like to me.

That's probably just Woolie when he's not "on".

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

He should have cut some out of it, I can't tell if plague is just terrible at explaining this story or if the story is just that meandering and bad. Probably both, I guess.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Pat will be a tankie by the end of 2019

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

hubris.height posted:

Pat will be a tankie by the end of 2019

inshallah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hubris.height posted:

Pat will be a toilet tankie by the end of 2019

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

One of Woolies guests called him "The Great Naruto Bridge of the FGC," on the stream the other night, and I love it. Push that nom de gurre for Summerslam.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

???

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd never heard of how much of a disaster this Walking Dead game Matt covered was. Jeez.

I remember it being announced semi-early in Payday 2's long life cycle, along with Payday 3 and a mixture of titled and untitled projects (have they ever confirmed what Storm was going to be? It was on their page not long after PD2 launched). It was supposed to come out on StarVR, and they put a StarVR headset in Payday 2 as one of the game masks, on top of other promotions like a mission where you get to steal a StarVR headset from a train. Then there was just like no word on any of their projects for a few years.

The big thing that people just kept asking them about was their engine. It's apparently based off a racing game engine, while the building tools for Payday 2 were so messed up that the lack of an "undo" feature actively halted new content for PD2 from coming out. A bit after PD2 came out, it was falling apart with every new content drop introducing new bugs with old bugs popping back up (and they just didn't do bug fixes for a while until that microtransaction fiasco it landed in). All anyone could think was just like "How did they convince a TV studio that they would make a great game with that busted-rear end tech, and how could it look and play like anything but a Payday 2 skin swap even after five years?"

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 28, 2019

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
In case anyone thinks that the stuff pat was sayin was real: as someone who does cardiac anesthesia for a living, it’s completely made up and impossible

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Rexicon1 posted:

In case anyone thinks that the stuff pat was sayin was real: as someone who does cardiac anesthesia for a living, it’s completely made up and impossible

can you explain the path this tall tale took to go from reality to exageration and fables?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

hubris.height posted:

can you explain the path this tall tale took to go from reality to exageration and fables?

I wonder if it maybe did happen and was the result of someone not doing their job, or perhaps it happened a long time ago and the difference in tech would make it possible. Not sure why it'd be impossible, like people waking up mid surgery is a thing, but I'm not a doctor so best guess is that sorta thing is limited to certain surgeries or maybe it's always human error related.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Brightman posted:

I wonder if it maybe did happen and was the result of someone not doing their job, or perhaps it happened a long time ago and the difference in tech would make it possible. Not sure why it'd be impossible, like people waking up mid surgery is a thing, but I'm not a doctor so best guess is that sorta thing is limited to certain surgeries or maybe it's always human error related.

My understanding is people waking up during long surgeries isn't uncommon, but if the anaesthesiologist is doing their job the patient won't be awake long enough to remember. I'm sure there are people who get PTSD from waking up mid-surgery and remembering it, but you don't just like, die of fright, that sounds like an urban legend crossed with Patbrain.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I`m gonna assume that`s in the most recent podcast, but couldn`t Pat have meant that the experience can be so traumatizing that people can get PTSD and that can lead them to suicide? There seems to be some documented cases of that happening.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

hoobajoo posted:

My understanding is people waking up during long surgeries isn't uncommon, but if the anaesthesiologist is doing their job the patient won't be awake long enough to remember. I'm sure there are people who get PTSD from waking up mid-surgery and remembering it, but you don't just like, die of fright, that sounds like an urban legend crossed with Patbrain.

Yeah that's what I had heard, like most of the time no one remembers it, I had also heard some people will remember it in dreams sometimes. I think Pat might've been making the jump that if you're in for heart surgery, something extra scary like that might cause a heart attack, but yeah, that sounds more like an urban legend.

I've been going through the Mario Odyssey LP that Matt and Woolie did, had been putting it off because I generally don't like watching LPs of things I intend to play but I got a Switch and poo poo with my tax return so I've been going through that as I go through the game. The beach level's boss is a big octopus with an orange mustache and hair who's bald and they realized it looked like Pat and riffed on him for a decent bit. Good times.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Dias posted:

I`m gonna assume that`s in the most recent podcast, but couldn`t Pat have meant that the experience can be so traumatizing that people can get PTSD and that can lead them to suicide? There seems to be some documented cases of that happening.

he said that if you wake up during surgery and have a heart condition you die of shock

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
I'm more offended that Pat thinks he knows anything at all about Mage than about his dubious medical stories.

I'm also surprised he never played Bloodlines. Yeah it's janky, but it's not unplayable. Hell, I'm playing through it right now (it's good, play it).

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
there's even a mod that makes it slightly less janky.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Bloodlines seems like it'd be a hit with Pat and Woolie, once they modded it to get some of the old jank off.

Cause gently caress that was a rough one on launch.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Man, watching the DS3 LP, and it just feels off having Matt there too. Soulsborne should have forever just been The Chewie and Fuckface Show.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Man, watching the DS3 LP, and it just feels off having Matt there too. Soulsborne should have forever just been The Chewie and Fuckface Show.

Their DS LPs are finally what got me to pick up the games again and finish them. I was always curious about Demon's but wasn't really down to play it. My biggest disappointment was checking out the Demon's LP and it was a livestream where you could barely make out the screen with three extra guys there not shutting up and going so far as telling him what would be in the next room.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
The red letter media let's play of bloodlines is really the only one you need, why add any more

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The actual numbers of people waking up during surgery is insanely small (in the US). Like so small you’ll never have to worry about it in several lifetimes. What people often mistake for waking up during surgery is being woken up prior to extubation. Which is a safe and common practice. Please don’t spread this bullshit about people waking up during surgery because it’s bad for society.

This is even LESS possible during cardiac surgery. The idea that someone grunting or moving at all during cardiac surgery is preposterous because the amount of paralytic we give to people during surgery is enough to paralyze a horse for seven hours.

Also the thing about the defibrillator is also nonsense. He mentioned that the “little thing on the finger fell off” and they thought he was still flatlined. That’s stupid. A) that thing is a pulse oximeter that is NOT what is used to determine heart rhythm, B) if he was “flatlined” he wouldn’t be shocked because Asystole is not a shockable rhythm. You are supposed to continue CPR and give Epinephrine if someone is flatlined.

Rexicon1 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 3, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe canadian doctors are bad because it's free /s

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Tae posted:

Maybe canadian doctors are bad because it's free /s

Lmao

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

this breakdown in Woolie's Degrees of Separation video is incredible

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

thanks for the run down and also lol as well

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Rexicon1 posted:

The actual numbers of people waking up during surgery is insanely small (in the US). Like so small you’ll never have to worry about it in several lifetimes. What people often mistake for waking up during surgery is being woken up prior to extubation. Which is a safe and common practice. Please don’t spread this bullshit about people waking up during surgery because it’s bad for society.

This is even LESS possible during cardiac surgery. The idea that someone grunting or moving at all during cardiac surgery is preposterous because the amount of paralytic we give to people during surgery is enough to paralyze a horse for seven hours.

Also the thing about the defibrillator is also nonsense. He mentioned that the “little thing on the finger fell off” and they thought he was still flatlined. That’s stupid. A) that thing is a pulse oximeter that is NOT what is used to determine heart rhythm, B) if he was “flatlined” he wouldn’t be shocked because Asystole is not a shockable rhythm. You are supposed to continue CPR and give Epinephrine if someone is flatlined.

Are you really surprised pat is wrong about most things he says? :v:

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

The actual numbers of people waking up during surgery is insanely small (in the US). Like so small you’ll never have to worry about it in several lifetimes.

I've had two surgeries, and woke up briefly during one. Though I don't personally know anyone else who has ever woken up. I wasn't really able to see what was going on as it was back surgery, but I wasn't traumatized by it or anything. Then again I guess if you saw someone sawing your chest open that'd be a scary thing. I mostly just remember being confused and somewhat annoyed (as I'd previously had surgery without waking up, but knew I was incredibly resistant to being put under and that it took a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Phantasium posted:

this breakdown in Woolie's Degrees of Separation video is incredible

Billy's power level is too high. I wish there was some kinda magic portal that could retroactively put him in some videos from the Best Friends arc :allears: