Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah we have no idea what anyone is doing. You idiots get loving lathered up about it every year and it never turns out how you expected

Nobody paid a Giraffe a bunch of money then traded up a single spot to draft a notorious Titty Kisser ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah if anything the league is exactly as stupid as your wildest dream

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I am dreaming that the Patriots decide to trade Brady for peanuts and will be rolling with Hackenberg for the entirety of the 2019 season.

They still win the AFC East.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
AFC East: It’s poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

God he could just sit on Carr and let the chips fall where they may and get Tua or Herbert next year while drafting just defense this year.

Gruden drafting defense lmao

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

FizFashizzle posted:

Gruden drafting defense lmao

Where else is he going to find a great pass rusher?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Good job everyone. We all talked so much collective poo poo about Jason Witten that he is unretiring and Greg Olsen is going to take his place. I hate all of you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Orcland Raiders will realize their mistake and fire Jon Gruden next year, and will hire in his place *checks crystal ball* Jason Witten.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Raku posted:

Where else is he going to find a great pass rusher?

Gruden spent two first round picks on a DE while he was in Tampa.

One was Noah Spence, the definition of just a guy. The other didn't really have his heart in it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Does anyone think Witten will even make it past training camp? Or that this is anything but a face-saving exercise that will see him quietly retire into obscurity before he makes headlines again in a couple of decades for murdering his estranged family and turning the gun on himself?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Slowpoke! posted:

Good job everyone. We all talked so much collective poo poo about Jason Witten that he is unretiring and Greg Olsen is going to take his place. I hate all of you.

Good this will make the cowboys worse.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Quiet Feet posted:

The Orcland Raiders will realize their mistake and fire Jon Gruden next year, and will hire in his place *checks crystal ball* Jason Witten.

Only Hue Jackson can take the Raiders, wait we already did this.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Slowpoke! posted:

The good news is that while Ian Thomas isn't going to be Olsen, there's a good chance Thomas might be pretty good.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quiet Feet posted:

I didn't want this to slip by without acknowledgement.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

One was Noah Spence, the definition of just a guy. The other didn't really have his heart in it.

I see what you did there :golfclap:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Booooooooooo

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It is my wish that when the Raiders move to Las Vegas that the stadium and everything be as glitzy and gaudy and over the top as Vegas can provide. Like, I'm talking whacked out unique.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Noah Spence was drafted 7 years after Gruden was fired, in the second round.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Gatts posted:

It is my wish that when the Raiders move to Las Vegas that the stadium and everything be as glitzy and gaudy and over the top as Vegas can provide. Like, I'm talking whacked out unique.

The stadium should have been done up like the Colluseum in Rome, only made out styrofoam board and faux painted plastic molds.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
The Raiders in Vegas is going to loving own.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1102263387885633536?s=21

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
YES

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Noah Spence was drafted 7 years after Gruden was fired, in the second round.

Bah meant dewayne white.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Does Bort stay with the Jags or what? He still has two years left on his contract, but this year's dead cap hit for him is 16.5M

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Think I remember reading they can cut him post June 1st and gain space. Wont help them in FA.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Should have held out for Carr

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Go Jags! Give him a good home.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Poor Foles. His career dies in Jacksonville.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

ELO Musk posted:

If football doesn’t work out, he can always sign with AEW. I’m sure Khan would be thrilled.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What was the big problem with the Jags last year? Bortles plus Fournette?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What was the big problem with the Jags last year? Bortles plus Fournette?

Pretty much. Bad field position and an offense that turned the ball over constantly killed them. Their pass rush was still respectable but it fell off from the ridiculous pace it'd been on in 2017 also.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

The offensive line cratered due to injuries, and they have awful receivers as well.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Aw cmon. It's not Gaines Adams' fault that when he saw the white light he overran it around the edge

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jacksonville better treat our good pure SB-winning boy right. :argh:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Gonz posted:

If football doesn’t work out, he can always sign with AEW. I’m sure Khan would be thrilled.
That's Big Dick Nick's music!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

purkey posted:

The offensive line cratered due to injuries, and they have awful receivers as well.

Yeah exactly like the Rams. He’s hosed. It makes me inordinately mad because he actually is good with an OL.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
foles in jacksonville spells disaster

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

FizFashizzle posted:

Gonna be funny watching Gruden simultaneously try to boost his value and knife him through the media

The first play in the Gruden playbook

Gatts posted:

Well if they have any kind of brains, they'll copy what the Golden Knights are doing in the NHL and turn the volume up to 11

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 3, 2019

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

corn on the cop posted:

foles in jacksonville spells disaster

To be fair name a team in need of a QB that this doesn’t end in disaster.

If you’re in the market for a FA QB you’re already semi-hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ELO Musk posted:

well, at least he got the completely unexpected second act, and i gotta assume he's getting a buttload of money to ride off into the sunset with