Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Bogus Adventure posted:

Frankly, I wish I was traipsing all around Ferelden and Orlais with Morrigan rather than the shithead mages I get in Inquisition. Dorian is a preening pissant, and Vivienne is a terrible human being.
but this is why they're excellent?????

the inter-mage party banter in DAI is so good, I love it when you have all three in the party and the other 2 dunk mercilessly on Solas's aesthetic. The philosophy/politics stuff is good too but lol "unwashed apostate hobo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Stroop There It Is posted:

but this is why they're excellent?????

the inter-mage party banter in DAI is so good, I love it when you have all three in the party and the other 2 dunk mercilessly on Solas's aesthetic. The philosophy/politics stuff is good too but lol "unwashed apostate hobo"

To each their own, but I loving hated the DAI companions. If I wasn't going for the "good" ending, I would have told most of them to gently caress off.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

NikkolasKing posted:

I'm not willing to lose Alistair just so Loghain can die five minutes later.

There was a small survey on Reddit a while ago but that's all I got.
https://imgur.com/a/70Dnp7x#2HMFIbu

That's cool but you can tell it doesn't reflect the overall makeup of players because the majority of people played humans - at least according to Bioware on their forums!
Like with Mass Effect I bet if you asked on reddit you'd get a big mix of classes but they already said something like 70% played male human soldiers.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I usually save Loghain and install Alistair as king.

Also Loghain is not justified doing what he does in Origins but you understand him a little more if you play Return to Ostagar and read the notes between Celene/Cailan. Cailan was going to marry Celene which means not only does Anora get dumped but also Ferelden would presumably have become a subject of Orlais in such an arrangement. Given how hard Loghain fought to free Ferelden originally it's little wonder he flips his poo poo and abandons Cailan when Cailan is planning to sell out both Anora and Ferelden to Orlais.

The flipside of that is Anora is a power hungry piece of poo poo and maybe some type of lasting peace between Ferelden and Orlais could have been a good thing even if it meant uniting under one banner. But given how much of a goof Cailan is it's easy to imagine Ferelden getting abused badly in such an arrangement.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, gently caress Loghain. As naive as Cailan might be, Loghain was willing to plunge Ferelden into a civil war or let it get overrun by the loving Darkspawn because he hated Orlais. He declared the Grey Wardens traitors, let his buddy Arl Howe torture the gently caress out of innocent Ferelden citizens, and risked a civil war during a Blight. gently caress him, gently caress him hard, he sucks and good riddance.

Agreed.

The funny thing is, I liked Loghain in my first two runs but hated him in my third. When you execute him in front of Anora, it's pretty tragic. He accepts his punishment and you see a glimmer of the honorable man he once was. It's also killing a father in front of his daughter and that sucks.

But if you spare him? He's a bitter piece of poo poo and apparently learned nothing. Return to Ostagar is the loving worst. It's bad enough he advocates throwing Cailan's corpse to the wolves but he's already murdered the poor kid so that indignity is almost tame. But this...
Loghain: All I remember is a fool's death and a hard choice. I'd make the same again.
Wynne: Even knowing all that you know now, Loghain Mac Tir?
Loghain: Even so.

Is the height of awfulness.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This is why I like Loghain killing the Archdemon and dying in the process. He gives Ferelden a symbol to rally around while also removing a very dangerous element from the political equation. Alistair still being alive is optional.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Not every symbol has to be based on lies, for gently caress's sake.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Not every symbol has to be based on lies, for gently caress's sake.

It's Dragon Age. Everything's based on lies.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

NikkolasKing posted:

Agreed.

The funny thing is, I liked Loghain in my first two runs but hated him in my third. When you execute him in front of Anora, it's pretty tragic. He accepts his punishment and you see a glimmer of the honorable man he once was. It's also killing a father in front of his daughter and that sucks.

But if you spare him? He's a bitter piece of poo poo and apparently learned nothing. Return to Ostagar is the loving worst. It's bad enough he advocates throwing Cailan's corpse to the wolves but he's already murdered the poor kid so that indignity is almost tame. But this...
Loghain: All I remember is a fool's death and a hard choice. I'd make the same again.
Wynne: Even knowing all that you know now, Loghain Mac Tir?
Loghain: Even so.

Is the height of awfulness.

Is it though? The army was outnumbered and even if Loghain had charged there's no guarantee that his army doesn't also get destroyed.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Is it though? The army was outnumbered and even if Loghain had charged there's no guarantee that his army doesn't also get destroyed.
Yeah. The story portrays it as villainous, but Loghain not getting his army slaughtered in the prologue is his one good move. By the time the beacon had been lit, the Wardens & Cailan's forces were completely overrun.

That said, at that point in the story he already had Jowan infiltrate Arl Eamon's court with the intention of poisoning the Arl. So he was a fuckhead who was planning some sort of treason well before Cailan got himself killed.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 1, 2019

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Raygereio posted:

Yeah. The story portrays it as villainous, but Loghain not getting his army slaughtered in the prologue is his one good move. By the time the beacon had been lit, the Wardens & Cailan's forces were completely overrun.

That said, he was always a fuckhead at this point since he already had Jowan poison Arl Eamon.

Yeah, but isn't one of the reasons the beacon takes so long to light that Loghain left the tower open so Darkspawn could get in? It was never going to be an easy fight, but Loghain did everything he could to make sure it would fail.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Bogus Adventure posted:

To each their own, but I loving hated the DAI companions. If I wasn't going for the "good" ending, I would have told most of them to gently caress off.
Haha that's fine, I can see why people would dislike them. TBH I think the DA:I companions are up there with the ME2 ones as my favorites of any game--they're all very memorable for me and actually quite well-written for the most part, imo... even Sera. Once you get past her incredibly lovely introduction, she's an internally consistent, actually kind of interesting character (who happens to be generally unfunny, irritating, and frustrating as gently caress). I think they could've done a bit more to make Bull more interesting on the surface, too, cuz a lot of the stuff that makes him interesting to me is in banter.

The party banter in DA:I is easily my favorite of any game, and really is the main way you see their relationships with each other building and their reactions to stuff happening in the world. It's a big problem that you only see a fraction of it if you had the banter bug or if you don't spend much time exploring.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Stroop There It Is posted:

Haha that's fine, I can see why people would dislike them. TBH I think the DA:I companions are up there with the ME2 ones as my favorites of any game--they're all very memorable for me and actually quite well-written for the most part, imo... even Sera. Once you get past her incredibly lovely introduction, she's an internally consistent, actually kind of interesting character (who happens to be generally unfunny, irritating, and frustrating as gently caress). I think they could've done a bit more to make Bull more interesting on the surface, too, cuz a lot of the stuff that makes him interesting to me is in banter.

The party banter in DA:I is easily my favorite of any game, and really is the main way you see their relationships with each other building and their reactions to stuff happening in the world. It's a big problem that you only see a fraction of it if you had the banter bug or if you don't spend much time exploring.

Fair dues. The intraparty banter is really good, but it's their conversations with you that frustrated me the most. They have good moments, like reconciling Dorian with his father, doing what you can to help Vivienne's love, and even some conversations about cookies with Sera. However, for the most part they were my least favorite group of companions. I did like Cole, Iron Bull (and especially the insight he gave for making sure you knew everyone in the Inquisition), and Blackwall. I like Varric as well, but I don't feel like he counts as he's a carryover companion from DA2, and I was pretty happy with most of the companions in that game. I just miss characters like Aveline, Isabella, and Alistair. Cassandra gets close to Aveline, but she doesn't have Aveline's sense of humor.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, but isn't one of the reasons the beacon takes so long to light that Loghain left the tower open so Darkspawn could get in?
I always thought the Darkspawn broke through whatever was securing the Tower of Ishal because everyone in command (except maybe Duncan) thought it wasn't a full Blight and underestimated the Darkspawn's full numbers. And certainly nobody expected the Archdemon to be around directing darkspawn to possible flanking position.

Loghain intentionally completely botching the Battle of Ostagar never felt right to me. Loghain's characterization is a bit inconsistent throughout DA:O, but one of the things that is always fixed is that he wants to Ferelden to be secure. And needlessly throwing half his army away doesn't really fit with that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Raygereio posted:

I always thought the Darkspawn broke through whatever was securing the Tower of Ishal because everyone in command (except maybe Duncan) thought it wasn't a full Blight and underestimated the Darkspawn's full numbers. And certainly nobody expected the Archdemon to be around directing darkspawn to possible flanking position.

Loghain intentionally completely botching the Battle of Ostagar never felt right to me. Loghain's characterization is a bit inconsistent throughout DA:O, but one of the things that is always fixed is that he wants to Ferelden to be secure. And needlessly throwing half his army away doesn't really fit with that.

I believe it's implied in Return to Ostagar that Loghain intentionally left the Tower of Ishal vulnerable to the Darkspawn and that he knew they were tunneling under it but basically let it happen.

Even if he did, I do still think that Battle was unlikely to be won and Loghain calling his army off was the correct decision. In a hypothetical scenario where Loghain's plan is executed perfectly they're still heavily outnumbered by the Darkspawn and probably lose.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Loghain wants nothing more than the sweet release of death, and it is your responsibility as the protagonist of these games to deny him again and again.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I was having so much fun playing DAI that I started thinking, "You know what would be even more fun? DAO!"

So now I am playing through the original as a city elf berserker that hates humans. Good fun.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Cythereal posted:

Oh please. The Right Choice is letting Loghain die killing the Archdemon, getting rid of the jerk while also giving Ferelden a martyr to rally around.

The best choice is actually martyring yourself on the Archdemon after telling both Alistair and Morrigan to gently caress off, forcing Loghain to live out the rest of his shortened life in a never-ending fight that is probably futile and if he survives it ends in madness anyway. The only competent contender for the throne ends up in charge of Ferelden, and Loghain doesn't get to ride off into the sunset pretending to be a hero.

quote:

Morrigan is a top choice for the worst character Bioware's ever made.

I can think of at least half a dozen Dragon Age characters that are far more obnoxious than Morrigan (she still stinks, don't get me wrong) and let's not even mention Andromeda or the low points of ME3.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Look, I would listen to Simon Templeton read the phone book, so Loghain always gets to live

also, he's my warden's father-in-law, don't want to make thanksgiving awkward

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah, how do you people resist keeping Loghain alive? Such a lovely voice.

Also, people. The Hero of Ferelden had a voice. It was "Angry Lady 2", the one that says "Can I get you a ladder so you can get off my back?" every fifteen seconds.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I really liked the DA:I companions too, Bioware's done well with the companions in all three games when it comes down to it.
And if they do stop making games it'll be sad to lose that facet of it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Look, I would listen to Simon Templeton read the phone book, so Loghain always gets to live

:same:

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Yeah, how do you people resist keeping Loghain alive? Such a lovely voice.

Also, people. The Hero of Ferelden had a voice. It was "Angry Lady 2", the one that says "Can I get you a ladder so you can get off my back?" every fifteen seconds.

My third or fourth playthrough was going to be an angry mage, pissed at the templars and also at Wynne for supporting their abusive bullshit.

I didn't make it out of the origin prelude. That one phrase, over and over again, became absolutely infuriating.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't remember the specifics of Loghain's anime betrayal but I do remember thinking Caillan was a dumb jock idiot so I'm glad of it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I don't remember the specifics of Loghain's anime betrayal but I do remember thinking Caillan was a dumb jock idiot so I'm glad of it.

He was more like a large child. Too sweet to live.

It’s been a while since I played DAO but I don’t remember the battle being so hopeless that withdrawing was a smart move? Duncan and Cailan were in bad shape, yeah, but I thought that was by design, they were bait to draw the dark spawn into a trap, loghain just didn’t spring it.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

exquisite tea posted:

Loghain wants nothing more than the sweet release of death, and it is your responsibility as the protagonist of these games to deny him again and again.

That is true. But the sacrifice of Funny!Hawke is too much. That said, if he appears in DA4, I will consider retconning that choice.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Also, wasn't the entire reason that things looked remotely dire on the field because of the Darkspawn attacking the signal tower? It takes longer for the Warden and Alistair to even light the signal for Loghain's army to attack, which he then ignores.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

He was more like a large child. Too sweet to live.

It’s been a while since I played DAO but I don’t remember the battle being so hopeless that withdrawing was a smart move? Duncan and Cailan were in bad shape, yeah, but I thought that was by design, they were bait to draw the dark spawn into a trap, loghain just didn’t spring it.

That’s what Loghain’s excuse is and what the quartermaster in Inquisition says but I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to think it’s bullshit.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I love Cailan a lot and I made a post about why.

quote:

A character I've loved ever since I first played Origins was the late King Cailan. While not a victim of quite as much hate as major characters like Anders or Sera, he also gets a really unfair reputation in the fandom.

To listen to people talk online, you would think he was a drooling oaf who, when you first met him, was dancing around naked shouting for darkspwn to come fight him. Yes, he was self-assured and confident but you can even bring up this point to Wynne at Ostagar and she says: "The king must always seem confident. His behavior affects the troops' morale."

We might be invincible player characters but for the poor mooks standing there, facing down a horde of pure evil, knowing you are all that stands between them and the absolute destruction of your loved ones, your country and everything else you might hold dear? I think these guys need something...someone to give them heart and courage. Cailan did that. We know he specifically spent mos tof his time at Ostagar with his troops, in fact.

But in spite of all his bravado, Cailan was no fool. This is why I can never think of him as the blithering idiot so many others do. He is the main reason Ferelden wasn't destroyed. Anora tells us that Cailan was well aware of who Alistair was and guess who specifically ordered Alistair away from the battlefield, to a location he thought would be safe? That's right, it was Cailan. If no tfor Cailan, the Theirlin bloodline would have ended there, every last Ferelden Warden would be dead and Ferelden itself would be swallowed up by the Blight. But you see, he's the dope here while Loghain is the genius....

But getting away from matters of the mind, I first fell in love with Cailan because of the kind of man he was. Genius or buffoon, he was a good man. No matter your origin, he always treats you with the utmost respect and courtesy. Even on my second run where I played a human-hating (and rather evil) City Elf who mouthed off to him, and Duncan reprimanded me, Cailan brushed off the insult. He was genuinely shocked and horrified by the kinds of atrocities that went on in the alienage. I hear he also vows to punish Howe for what he did in the Human Noble origin. Again, contrast with Loghain who sells the alienage elves into slavery and rewards Howe for being a murderous traitor.

Also, while Duncan's opening narration and random NPC comments make it clear most people couldn't care less about the Grey Wardens unless darkspawn are currently in the processing of knocking down your door, Cailan volunteered everything he had for this noble cause. Gloryhound or not, he did the right thing by supporting the Wardens and he did it all on his own. Nobody needed to shove ancient treaties in his face or do him a bunch of favors to get him off his rear end.

So....yeah. Not a pivotal character in the history of Thedas but I think he was a highly likable one. He was young, inexperienced, felt he had a huge chip on his shoulder to live up to his father's legacy but in spite of his "soft" upbringing, he was a good and valiant man who might have gotten more practical with time and wisdom. He is Alistair's brother after all and we all know Al is smarter and more capable than he lets on.

TL;dr: Cailan is confident for the sake of his men, he vows to fix the alienage and punish Howe, he is happy to volunteer his services to the Grey Wardens to stop a Blight, he is the only reason Ferelden wasn't raped to death. Well, him and Flemeth.

Also the entire battle strategy at Ostagar was specifically Loghain's. If it failed and there was no hope for victory, it's his fault.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Generic American posted:

Also, wasn't the entire reason that things looked remotely dire on the field because of the Darkspawn attacking the signal tower? It takes longer for the Warden and Alistair to even light the signal for Loghain's army to attack, which he then ignores.

Yes but it's implied in Return to Ostagar that Loghain knew about the Darkspawn tunneling under the Tower of Ishal and let it happen iirc.

My read on it is that Loghain wasn't necessarily wrong about that battle being unwinnable. The Darkspawn outnumbered them by a lot. Part of the reason the battle was unwinnable though is because of Loghain's pride. He refused to allow Orlesian forces to support them in the battle because he was afraid they'd use that as an excuse to try to gain power in Ferelden. Loghain was also suspicious about Cailan dumping Anora to marry Celene. Anora had no kids and was possibly barren, and Cailan had other reasons to abandon her including the possibility of building a permanent alliance between Orlais/Ferelden. Cailan's letters that you read during Return to Ostagar strongly hint at this being his plan.

So was the battle unwinnable? I think yes it was, but Loghain took extra measures to make sure it was. He obviously abandoned the battle plan but he let the Darkspawn take over the Tower of Ishal more easily than maybe they otherwise would have, and he refused to allow Orelsian reinforcements to aid them. If Loghain had charged, they probably still lose. They were so outnumbered, and there were only a few Wardens there.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ginette Reno posted:

Yes but it's implied in Return to Ostagar that Loghain knew about the Darkspawn tunneling under the Tower of Ishal and let it happen iirc.

My read on it is that Loghain wasn't necessarily wrong about that battle being unwinnable. The Darkspawn outnumbered them by a lot. Part of the reason the battle was unwinnable though is because of Loghain's pride. He refused to allow Orlesian forces to support them in the battle because he was afraid they'd use that as an excuse to try to gain power in Ferelden. Loghain was also suspicious about Cailan dumping Anora to marry Celene. Anora had no kids and was possibly barren, and Cailan had other reasons to abandon her including the possibility of building a permanent alliance between Orlais/Ferelden. Cailan's letters that you read during Return to Ostagar strongly hint at this being his plan.

So was the battle unwinnable? I think yes it was, but Loghain took extra measures to make sure it was. He obviously abandoned the battle plan but he let the Darkspawn take over the Tower of Ishal more easily than maybe they otherwise would have, and he refused to allow Orelsian reinforcements to aid them. If Loghain had charged, they probably still lose. They were so outnumbered, and there were only a few Wardens there.

It's been a long time for me but I seem to remember basically everyone in the war council trying to get Cailan to wait for reinforcements to improve chances of success but he kept thinking the wardens were magic instead of just darkspawn detectors.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Shugojin posted:

It's been a long time for me but I seem to remember basically everyone in the war council trying to get Cailan to wait for reinforcements to improve chances of success but he kept thinking the wardens were magic instead of just darkspawn detectors.

Duncan wanted to wait for reinforcements but Loghain wanted no part of it. I think but for Loghain that Cailan might have been talked into it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Duncan wanted to wait for reinforcements but Loghain wanted no part of it. I think but for Loghain that Cailan might have been talked into it.
Here's the cutscene.

I really like that there's no clear way to interpret Loghain in that cutscene. You can see him as a scheming bastard who is using Cailan's desire for glory in battle to manipulate him. Or as a tired man who is trying the best he can.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Ginette Reno posted:

Oh, I do remember that. My point was more that things looking bad on the field for Cailan and Duncan weren't necessarily because it was a stupid plan and they charged straight into a meatgrinder, but that they were forced to hold out for longer than they ever planned to, because we only see them again after the signal is finally lit well behind schedule.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Raygereio posted:

You can see him as a scheming bastard who is using Cailan's desire for glory in battle to manipulate him. Or as a tired man who is trying the best he can.

Solas says as much when you talk to him about it in Inquisition, so call it a retcon but I think now it's up in the air if Loghain planned to betray Cailan or if it was a hard decision to retreat from a battle that became un-winnable

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 4, 2019

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

SgtSteel91 posted:

Solas says as much when you talk to him about it in Inquisition, so call it a retcon but I think now it's up in the air if Loghain planned to betray Cailan or if it was a hard decision to retreat from a battle that became un-winnable

He says the fade shows both sides as correct depending on whose dreams he's experiencing IIRC

I like that Ostagar is kept somewhat ambiguous even if Logain had ill intentions, it's a nice touch considering the series generally beats you over the head with the morality of it all.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i think the whole "Spare Loghain" thing would have worked better if you were told how to kill the archdemon before you fought him.

it doesn't make much sense to spare him without that knowledge/return to orgamar, even if hardened Alistair/Grey warden Loghain is objectively the best ending.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 4, 2019

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Roobanguy posted:

i think the whole "Spare Loghain" thing would have worked better if you were told how to kill the archdemon before you fought him.

it doesn't make much sense to spare him without that knowledge/return to orgamar, even if hardened Alistair/Grey warden Loghain is objectively the best ending.

You're told repeatedly that Grey Wardens are necessary to end the Blight, I guess it's up to you to believe that or not before Riordan tells you the specifics.

Also while we're on the subject I want to applaud past-Bioware for having the guts to make their standard sassy-boy companion that everyone's supposed to love turn out to be a huge selfish piece of poo poo. Alistair's tantrum when you decide not to kill Loghain is fantastic. Loghain is certainly a villain, but at least he'd only doom Ferelden because of a personal grudge by accident.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Alistair's not wrong, though? There's no reason to think Logain would stay loyal to whatever Grey Warden oath after he intentionally betrayed his people several times over. And as long as he's hardened Alistair and not dumbfuck Alistair he still goes along with the plan for the good of the country, he just refuses to personally travel with you.

I mean I still make the choice every time unless I'm setting up the princess-consort ending because Logain owns but in the context of everything else his reaction is justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Wolfsheim posted:

Alistair's not wrong, though? There's no reason to think Logain would stay loyal to whatever Grey Warden oath after he intentionally betrayed his people several times over. And as long as he's hardened Alistair and not dumbfuck Alistair he still goes along with the plan for the good of the country, he just refuses to personally travel with you.

I mean I still make the choice every time unless I'm setting up the princess-consort ending because Logain owns but in the context of everything else his reaction is justified.

Alistair is extremely wrong. If you didn't 'harden' him he abandons the Wardens and Ferelden to face the Blight without him, when his mere presence as a Grey Warden could potentially save the world. Nothing about that is justified.