Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Booourns posted:

MSNBC is not a political arm of the democratic establishment

No, it's not, sorry if you took my post as implying this is one of the times he's right, it isn't, this is one of the times you can see his massive bias and lack of integrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

People want to make a false dichotomy between Fox News and MSNBC.

MSNBC is basically all former republican elected officials or staffers until 5 pm.

Fox News meets with Mitch McConnell to coordinate messaging strategy, and at this point fox news is the media arm of the republican party is the politics arm of fox news is the media arm of the republican party etc

Nicole Wallace is my homegirl tho and I will fight

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

FizFashizzle posted:

This is honestly part of why Republicans have done so well the last 20-30 years, they've sold this narrative of what people believe that is completely false. Most people are well to the left of the mainstream democratic party. MSNBC is probably as close to the center as a major news network gets. The fact that everything else is to the right of them isn't a coincedence.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Saagonsa posted:

That's bad too but doesn't refute the point of the article in any way. Someone who does bad and dumb things can still be right about other things.

the hypocrisy of saying that while regularly appearing on the media arm of the Republican party, during White Supremacist Happy Hour is what we take issue with

Ogmius815 posted:

No you don’t get to make this move anymore. You’ve admitted it isn’t the fact that some people can’t pay for college you don’t like, it’s the whole system. You don’t think college is worth it for anyone. From there, those of us who understand that a college education is a good and valuable thing and what to give it to as many people as possible must part ways with you, a screwball with a chip on his shoulder.

the system is garbage though. The idea of a college education is valuable but as it stands now the system is designed to extract as much money as possible from a bunch of people who have literally just become adults, and holding them hostage because if you don't get a college education your job prospects are massively hampered. That, combined with the constant barrage of ideas from the media and important figures in the lives of young people (parents, teachers, other mentors) about how important "The College Experience" is and the emphasis on extracurriculars (both university sponsored ones like sports, student organizations, and arts programs and ones that are a part of the experience regardless, like the heavy drinking culture that exists on most campuses) burns the idea into the heads of every 13-17 year old in the country that going to college is What You Do and if you don't or can't you're going to be missing out in the present and the future.

The idea of a university as an institution is a good one and i'm not even saying that all of the things that I mentioned in the paragraph above are bad (I like the things the university in my town does for arts, and I enjoy college sports even as I recognize how exploitative they are), and they're obviously important for research and other areas of scientific growth, but the cultural baggage that college carries with it is slowly drowning the whole system as students come out disillusioned, drowning in debt and often unable to find a job that allows them some security.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Radish posted:

MSNBC is garbage like all other cable news. The exact specifics aren't really important since no one should be watching any of it.

local news is even more trash tbh.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pkay posted:

The silver lining is that Sinclair’s influence becoming public has finally shut up the people who constantly claimed that local stations were editorially independent and not an arm of the right wing.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

MSNBC is basically all former republican elected officials or staffers until 5 pm.

Fox News meets with Mitch McConnell to coordinate messaging strategy, and at this point fox news is the media arm of the republican party is the politics arm of fox news is the media arm of the republican party etc

Nicole Wallace is my homegirl tho and I will fight

Wallace got woke HARD after 2008. I guess being Sarah Palin's handler will do that.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

pkay posted:

We’re lucky to have an independently owned local news channel but it’s all murders and horrific things happening. It’s more depressing than national news.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Wallace got woke HARD after 2008. I guess being Sarah Palin's handler will do that.

Nicole Wallace straight up predicted Civil War the other day, and blamed trump for it.

I know wrong forum but she's death krew

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1101890566978224129

What the hell is this?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Even left-wing boomers are confused as gently caress about everything, all the time

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/DeptofDefense/status/968682187779223552

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Let’s play ominous death music over the thing planes do when they’re afraid they’re going to get shot down

DoD straight killing it at social media

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I seriously read this as "..identify myself as a WHITE, but it's one of the great honors of my life," and was getting all worked up and furiously googling what the gently caress was going on. It's hard to get worked up over "wife" now that I just nearly choked over the hypothetical white supremacist Jane Sanders outting herself.

Total Party Kill fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 3, 2019

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SHARIA LAW SCHOOL posted:

I seriously read this as "identify myself as WHITE, but it's one of the great honors of my life," and was getting all worked up and furiously googling what the gently caress was going on.

I...uh...did the same.

WTF.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1102293181880848384

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

he will veto but with trump he might loving fold.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

This is why we need new blood. People who have lived in that bubble most or all of their lives are just so goddamn weird.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

I assume she meant "introducing myself by my relationship to a man isn't very feminist" but it really sounds like a jab at trans people somehow.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I assume she meant "introducing myself by my relationship to a man isn't very feminist"

Yeah that's what she was aiming for

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

enraged_camel posted:

It's nothing new. Several other states (Texas among them) have similar laws.

Yeah just a reminder in the state of Texas if you wanted to receive monetary relief from Hurricane Harvey damage, you had to sign a contract saying you'd never boycott israel

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he will veto but with trump he might loving fold.

Trump never folds, he will show a losing hand at the river and act like he won.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU2cCqA0HJI

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

pkay posted:

Trump never folds, he will show a losing hand at the river and act like he won.

What's the absolute worst possible hand? think it would be 7 high? 2-5 and then skip one so you don't get a strait?

That's Trumps hand every round.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

I know this corner of the internet hates Greenwald, but what did he say that was delusional or even false?

He correctly pointed out that MSNBC was telling Sean Spicer-lever lies about things that provably happened on camera, this of course means that Greenwald is delusional because to D&D reality is wrong and our corporate overlords are always right.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sanguinia posted:

What's the absolute worst possible hand? think it would be 7 high? 2-5 and then skip one so you don't get a strait?

That's Trumps hand every round.

7-2 off suit is the worst hand you can have

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

He correctly pointed out that MSNBC was telling Sean Spicer-lever lies about things that provably happened on camera, this of course means that Greenwald is delusional because to D&D reality is wrong and our corporate overlords are always right.

Calling MSNBC the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party is delusional. It’s a crazy false equivalency that gives cover to Fox News to actually be a propaganda outlet.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

FizFashizzle posted:

To be fair though, that is basically the Democratic Party at this point

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I assume she meant "introducing myself by my relationship to a man isn't very feminist" but it really sounds like a jab at trans people somehow.

It's definitely the first thing. How would it be a jab at trans people? Introducing herself as a "wife" doesn't have anything to do with someone being trans or cis.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Majorian posted:

It's definitely the first thing. How would it be a jab at trans people? Introducing herself as a "wife" doesn't have anything to do with someone being trans or cis.

I don't think it 's anti-trans but definitely anti-feminist.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

This is why we need new blood. People who have lived in that bubble most or all of their lives are just so goddamn weird.

It's not an age thing, well it is and it isn't. Ocassionally second wave feminists in academia can be lovely to women (usually younger people they advise) who choose to do things like get married or have kids especially if they then don't work. I know a couple women who got a lot of poo poo for having childern while working towards a PHD from older advisors. Even in the sciences. My SO gets it pointed at her ocassionally, though not much anymore.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mr Interweb posted:

Not anti-feminist but it's a spat between feminist waves.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Jealous Cow posted:

Calling MSNBC the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party is delusional. It’s a crazy false equivalency that gives cover to Fox News to actually be a propaganda outlet.

It's insane they are trying this just after the incredibly obviously organized "book deal" talking point to try to discredit Cohen's testimony.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1glitch0 posted:

Mr Interweb posted:

I'm glad we're having an incredibly healthy obsession with Jane Sanders again. All she said was she was proud to be married to Bernie.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MSNBC is only "centrist" if you define the two sides as insane fascists and corporate business executives.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Taintrunner posted:

I'm glad we're having an incredibly healthy obsession with Jane Sanders again. All she said was she was proud to be married to Bernie.

No she did some very clear "PC culture has gone too far" eye rolling.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah but she was kind of a dick about it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mango sentinel posted:

No she did some very clear "PC culture has gone too far" eye rolling.

This is a blatant overreaction and mis-characterization.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Republicans posted:

Yeah but she was kind of a dick about it.

I honestly don't think she meant anything by it; it was a little tone-deaf, but her record on feminist issues is pretty solid, so I don't see this as particularly worthy of dissection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Majorian posted:

I honestly don't think she meant anything by it; it was a little tone-deaf, but her record on feminist issues is pretty solid, so I don't see this as particularly worthy of dissection.

If she wanted to, she could leverage this into an appearance on Joe Rogan's show.