Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

The Ed Olliver part or the positional change thing?

The idea of him taking reps at a different position. The guy's a pure defensive tackle and will probably go in the first round at that position. Usually stud d tackles aren't asked to work out at middle linebacker, and I think the idea that he should is pointless and foolish and probably based purely on size judgments.

Cody Ford looks like a freaking beast, looked really good for any team needing a new tackle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Ed Oliver has been awesome since he was a freshman. People wanna say he is undersized, but he has unbelievable strength. He can accelerate his mass to an unreal degree. Fear him. He's gonna be great.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Nope, sorry TFF ~hivemind~, this is the only tape study I need on Metcalf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCoi5mhwCzY
Our physically-flawless QB demands a similarly lab-engineered wide receiver, yes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

Nope, sorry TFF ~hivemind~, this is the only tape study I need on Metcalf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCoi5mhwCzY

How does such a fast player get so little separation at the college level? This dude is gonna bust.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m preparing myself for the Lions to draft another tight end in the top 10 because they’re the Lions. And because of course they will.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

How does such a fast player get so little separation at the college level? This dude is gonna bust.

Agreed. Maybe he’d get use for jump balls in the end zone.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Dexter Lawrence injured on his first 40 run and won't do anymore combine drills

Still hit a loving 5.05 though

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Play posted:

I don't get that at all. In fact, that's downright retarded

I don't think anyone is looking at converting him, but it is something worth exploring for teams running defenses that can support it in defensive packages(Dolphins, Lions, Patriots- I think the Titans requested he do it).

The Patriots are out there putting Dont'a Hightower as the sole off-the-ball linebacker in a situation where he's literally just beef in the middle of the field. He's got no specific gap in the run game(the 2-gap NT frees him), he doesn't have to chase sidelines to sidelines(you've got wide force defenders funneling runs inside), and aren't going to put a lot of stresses in coverage because the extra DBs- you can pretty much just drop him into a low hole zone over and over, especially if you've got extra DBs on the field(which they do frequently). I mean they had Brandon Spikes out there doing that poo poo, and it's quite possible Oliver tests out as more athletic than him.

https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/1092079767812231168

Hell they've even got the guy out there as a literal "Nose Backer" in those Marble looks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/1102243652900917253

whoa

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They just corrected his 40 time.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Myles Garrett: 4.64
JJ Watt: 4.84

Sweet had a poo poo bench though. He better have some loving get off

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s got insane bend. I really like him

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I want all the DL in this draft. It's insane.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

I want all the DL in this draft. It's insane.

Yeah like 8 of them are good game 1 starter material and it feels so weird.

Lotsa great LBs too

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It feels like Baltimore is just far enough back to miss out on all of these amazing 1st round pass rushers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Devin Bush putting up some numbers, 40.5" vert and 4.44 40.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1102273640215863296?s=20

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns have a good front but do you suppose they get in on these DT/DE's in the first assuming some are left by the time it comes to them? Or do they say "Protect Baker/Baker needs weapons" and go OT/WR?

Or do they do like they sometimes do and draft a CB. Apparently one cannot have enough CBs.

Or maybe the clock and measurement tools are broken/not calibrated.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

People seem to be predicting 3 QB's in the first half of the draft (Jags, Giants, Skins, Dolphins, Raiders all in play) so guys are going to fall.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gatts posted:

The Browns have a good front but do you suppose they get in on these DT/DE's in the first assuming some are left by the time it comes to them? Or do they say "Protect Baker/Baker needs weapons" and go OT/WR?

Or do they do like they sometimes do and draft a CB. Apparently one cannot have enough CBs.

Or maybe the clock and measurement tools are broken/not calibrated.

Browns at 17, right? There's so many options someone excellent will fall, and they can go BPA

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Devin White 4.42

goodness

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

Devin White 4.42

goodness

A lot of smoke of Tampa taking him at 5. I don't know if I love the idea of a LB at 5 but he seems like he'd be a guy who would be worth the pick.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm all in on N'Keal Harry after hearing his background. Big dudes with great hands who couldn't get open to save their life is my jam typically so you throw in the potential to convert an entire tiny Caribbean island into pure strain Ravens fans, well how could I say no?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I wasn't that impressed with Devin White against UCF fwiw. He made some BAD reads that game.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

zimbomonkey posted:

I wasn't that impressed with Devin White against UCF fwiw. He made some BAD reads that game.

He was also the only defensive starter playing

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Good news evaluators have moved on from calling dudes gay and their moms whores

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1101930717943074816

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The NFL is hosed and weird.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

wandler20 posted:

A lot of smoke of Tampa taking him at 5. I don't know if I love the idea of a LB at 5 but he seems like he'd be a guy who would be worth the pick.

Oh hi me from 2009 talking a out Aaron curry

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1102354021409570816

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

EmbryoSteve posted:

Oh hi me from 2009 talking a out Aaron curry

Oh man, I loved Curry and thought he'd be a sure fire hall of famer. Woof.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

wandler20 posted:

Oh man, I loved Curry and thought he'd be a sure fire hall of famer. Woof.

I think most people that year did

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

MakaVillian posted:

I was paying attention to the draft that year and he seemed like the biggest lock of the entire thing. Was anyone predicting he would bust out?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MakaVillian posted:

That was a rough draft at the top all around. Stafford's good, and I guess BJ Raji was good for a while. The rest of the top 10 were all busts of varying degree, Eugene Monroe was ok for a while and there's whatever you think of Crabtree.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Grittybeard posted:

Check out Emanuel Hall now for fun. I swear it felt like he only ran gos and screens.

Strangely Missouri's offense was ridiculously better with him in the game despite that.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1101572079026089986

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/HelloJonMoore/status/1102370336811745280?s=19

Seems bad imo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

can’t believe known cheater Tom Brady cheated at the combine

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

He's track fast

Not a great change of direction or stop n go

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a living, breathing embodiment of the go route

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Alaois posted:

a living, breathing embodiment of the go route

I saw someone touting Metcalfs route running ability to get open.

The example used was a sluggo

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Who is the NFL's best deep pass option that doesn't already have Tyreek Hill while needing someone to fight for jumpballs in the endzone? Brees? Rodgers?

The guy can't separate but if he's got speed and a vertical he could be a WR3 or something. Comedy option a TE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ironic Twist posted:

I was paying attention to the draft that year and he seemed like the biggest lock of the entire thing. Was anyone predicting he would bust out?

He was universally praised and determined to be not only the safest pick in the draft but likely the highest ceiling. The only discussion on him was on the value of taking a LB high.