Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
would anyone be willing to write my little brother in jail? he's bored and looking for penpals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

would anyone be willing to write my little brother in jail? he's bored and looking for penpals

He got corrlinks or is paper mail only?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

CelticPredator posted:

He said it on the View 5 years ago and I believe someone found it and did the thing of “LOOK WHAT I FOUND!”

Doubling down on something stupid via twitter is probably worse. If he hadn't said anything about it on loving twitter (or GASP! tried to learn anything here) people would probably forget about it. What is it about Twitter that makes people self destruct?

Friends Are Evil posted:

Shudder just got Gremlins 2, in case you needed another reason to jump on that poo poo.

Shudder made a new Critters movie, because why not, and if you go on YouTube and look at the comments on the trailer people are losing their poo poo over it because apparently the Critters series is some untouchable classic. It's pretty funny. The most common complaints are "The acting looks bad." and "The puppets look fake.". I don't understand how some people even function.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

CPL593H posted:

What is it about Twitter that makes people self destruct?

No filter on a class of people who until recently had a large, PR imposed cone of silence on them.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Anonymous Robot posted:

He got corrlinks or is paper mail only?

just papermail, i can send you money for stamps and envelopes

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Hellzapoppin is VERY good.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CPL593H posted:

What is it about Twitter that makes people self destruct?

it seems like a cool place to have chats with pals but it turns out to be a turbomegaphone that can randomly broadcast every dumb thing you might say worldwide to an incredibly hostile audience who mostly pass the time by yelling at idiots

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I did two months in county almost ten years ago and getting daily letters from my then-wife and my best friend were pretty much my only link to sanity, I'd be happy to help him hear from the outside.

Edit: This is a good excuse for me to finally get a cheap printer; I've been getting sicker over the last month or so and it's pretty difficult for me to write legibly at this point, I just don't have the dexterity anymore.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 4, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really hate that we've pivoted from doctors over-prescribing antibiotics to under-prescribing them. This is like the 3rd time in the past five years that I go see a doctor for some kinda disease and I take all the pills and then I'm still loving sick. Like come on rear end in a top hat, just give me 2 weeks' worth of meds, what's it costing you.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lurdiak posted:

I really hate that we've pivoted from doctors over-prescribing antibiotics to under-prescribing them. This is like the 3rd time in the past five years that I go see a doctor for some kinda disease and I take all the pills and then I'm still loving sick. Like come on rear end in a top hat, just give me 2 weeks' worth of meds, what's it costing you.

The general policy with my primary care clinic is that unless you've been sick for at least two weeks, they won't prescribe anything, so you're just wasting your $15 co-pay to go see your GP and you're better off getting a bunch of over-the-counter poo poo with that $15. I hate that crap.

Now, my oncologist, all I need to do is send him a note and he'll send an order for half a pharmacy's worth of poo poo to Walgreens for me.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Can you still just buy fish antibiotics and take them? I remember that being a thing in the prepper community a while back

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Can you still just buy fish antibiotics and take them? I remember that being a thing in the prepper community a while back

It is incredibly loving stupid and dangerous, but, yes, that's still a thing that wingnuts do.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Timby posted:

It is incredibly loving stupid and dangerous, but, yes, that's still a thing that wingnuts do.

Good to know! What makes it dangerous? Not challenging, just curious

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

Doubling down on something stupid via twitter is probably worse. If he hadn't said anything about it on loving twitter (or GASP! tried to learn anything here) people would probably forget about it. What is it about Twitter that makes people self destruct?

It’s not just twitter. Any kind of social media does it.

And I mean I dunno, I’m not defending or condoning anything but when your beliefs are challenged, people often will defend it. It’s human nature. But instead of people being face to face with each other it’s over a dumb social media thing.

It’s almost dehumanizing in a way.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Good to know! What makes it dangerous? Not challenging, just curious

Well, there's the issue of growing bacterial resistance to antibiotics, number one, and the primary cause of that is bacterial strands adapting and evolving because they encounter a particular antibiotic so often. This leads to pharmaceutical companies developing antibiotics that carry more and more dangerous side effects (for example, I was put on cefazolin after my abdominal surgery last year and it caused renal toxicity, nearly leading to kidney failure).

But the other issue is that pet antibiotics have absolutely no regulation whatsoever. There are no standards for labeling, potency, purity, etc., so you have no idea what the hell you're putting in your body. Like, you could think you're taking the fish equivalent of a Z-Pak, and there could be a bunch of other poo poo in there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Social media scares me more than anything. Had I known it would be weaponized like it is, I would’ve never used it.

Or any kind of Online networking thing. I’ve said dumb poo poo in the past. Some of it kind of bad by today’s standards. But because I’ve listened (well, read) more stories of real people and understood their perspectives, I’ve changed.

But like, that doesn’t matter to a lot of people. And that’s what’s utterly horrifying.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

just papermail, i can send you money for stamps and envelopes

No need homie, just the address will do

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I'm glad my social anxiety kept me from posting on the internet for most of my 20s. It didn't keep me from reading y'all's posts and wasting my youth but at least no chud is going to get me for saying something stupid 10 years ago.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

Fish antibiotics are pretty tame compared to the 60s-80s, you had guys shooting up loving baboon and horse hormones. Not that you should just be popping amoxicillin like Flinstones chewables, of course.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Fish antibiotics are pretty tame compared to the 60s-80s, you had guys shooting up loving baboon and horse hormones.

Baseball players were doing that poo poo throughout the '90s.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Does run out of steam a bit towards the end, but the journey there more than makes up for it.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

drat straight

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Opening scene for Avengers: Endgame leaked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOY5TfmfO5Q

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Egbert Souse posted:

...stupid stuff like this should most def have a corner on the internet but I don't always know if I want to be exposed to it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Everyone needs to be exposed to it

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Everyone needs to be exposed to it - Louis CK

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

I still don't get the gag behind Big Chungus

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

I Before E posted:

he is recognizably the product of the legacy media machines that own every piece of our common visual language that is for sale, but completely stripped of all context and meaning beyond that except for the fact that he's large. he's an ironically funny null that can be mashed or reformed into whatever space required for jokes where the punchline is that they make no sense

also chungus is just fun to say

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

he is recognizably the product of the legacy media machines that own every piece of our common visual language that is for sale, but completely stripped of all context and meaning beyond that except for the fact that he's large. he's an ironically funny null that can be mashed or reformed into whatever space required for jokes where the punchline is that they make no sense

also chungus is just fun to say

Yes, I'm familiar with memes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I Before E posted:

This is you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOmG5RO4bNc

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

One year my friend came with an elaborately wrapped box containing a Christmas gift for me. Inside was a smaller item wrapped in gold paper.

It's a two VHS oscar screener copy of Pearl Harbor.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CPL593H posted:

oh this was a dadchat joke, wrong thread whoops

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Please tell me it had a card that said “Pearl Harbor sucks, but I miss you.”

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Please tell me it had a card that said “Pearl Harbor sucks, but I miss you.”

No, but it was an even better gag because he always brought me some really awesome and well thought gift.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CPL593H posted:

i feel like most memes have more context than big chungus, though. like, big chungus is sort of defined by being completely nonsensical.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i feel like most memes have more context than big chungus, though. like, big chungus is sort of defined by being completely nonsensical.

I'm facebook friends with several frequent posters here and one of them posts a lot of memes that are complete loving nonsense. In the case of Big Chungus I think the joke is the lack of context. Also it's funny to say "Big Chungus".

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

CPL593H posted:

One year my friend came with an elaborately wrapped box containing a Christmas gift for me. Inside was a smaller item wrapped in gold paper.

jesus...

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Watching What's Opera, Doc? and enjoying the pure drama of the performance from Li'l Chungus.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

CPL593H posted:

I admire the tenacity of your friend to either find a vhs screener copy or get a DivX screener and record it to two vhs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like how it's always "you don't get this joke because you're old" as if "you don't get this joke because it's not funny" isn't even on the table