Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fallom posted:

Imagine playing Assault Horizon first and then playing any other Ace Combat game

gently caress thats horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mods changed my name posted:

you can transfer your Steam purchases to the stand alone client now, but not the other way around. It's really pretty simple too.

I did not know any of this, but I'm still gonna end up waiting because I don't want to buy it twice.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Division 2 is going to be a slog fest if judged upon by its beta

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

Imagine playing Assault Horizon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress thats horrible

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

Division 2 is going to be a slog fest if judged upon by its beta

So more Division rear end Division?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Division 2 seems to perform like garbage on my PC despite consistently getting 80+ FPS. Maybe there's some frame timing issue? The result is that I get a headache and nausea.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Headache and nausea in games can sometimes be attributed to framerate or field of view stuff, yeah. I can't play any of the Dark Souls games on PC because of that, along with some FPS games that are locked at 65FOV.

I get a very, very specific kind of headache and start burping a lot when I discover a game causes it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It may be that you're seeing either subtle synchronization issues or inconsistent frame render times (i.e. most frames render quickly, but the odd one takes much longer).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my man

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Built a new budget AMD computer last weekend and holy poo poo playing games at 60fps is amazing.
I didnt realize how long in the tooth my last computer was, but other than throwing a 760 in it three years ago, it hadn't been refreshed since 2011.

It's pretty great not having to wait 20 minutes for Stellaris and Battletech to load, and new Doom looks amazing on ultra settings.

I finally think I'm done with D3, moved over to PoE and I cant wait for the new league to start.

Also Apex Legends rules

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Vasudus posted:

Headache and nausea in games can sometimes be attributed to framerate or field of view stuff, yeah. I can't play any of the Dark Souls games on PC because of that, along with some FPS games that are locked at 65FOV.

I get a very, very specific kind of headache and start burping a lot when I discover a game causes it.

Dude what the hell

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

not caring here posted:

Dude what the hell

Eh when I get airsick the first symptom I get (aside from just general nausea) is burping.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's nothing particularly strange about it. It's a precursor to motion sickness.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
humans are pretty hosed up, it is true.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Why can't you be normal like me and just get a migraine with no discernible trigger that makes you mostly blind.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Microtransactions give me kidney stones.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
if u think about it your Jeep has been nothing but microtransactions from Chrysler

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Not terribly micro.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

I have a WT flying play list that includes most of the Top Gun sound track.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q63KufKma5k

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Kairomatic/status/1102740768144277504

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So the Female Gaming Community doesn't want to dress up in cheerleader outfits?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:lol:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Godholio posted:

So the Female Gaming Community doesn't want to dress up in cheerleader outfits?

With front zippers that go down juuuuust far enough to expose their cleavage

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Clearly the only option is for those to exclusively be bought and worn by men.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

Clearly the only option is for those to exclusively be bought and worn by men.
I am looking forward to Secret Satan 2019.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

kid icarus and motherfuckin startropics are coming to nes online next week

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
star tropics was good. i remember renting it and the manual was just a photocopy but someone scribbled in that dip in water poo poo code

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

mods changed my name posted:

star tropics was good. i remember renting it and the manual was just a photocopy but someone scribbled in that dip in water poo poo code

When I rented it it didn't have that and I got stuck at that part until the Nintendo power that explained it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

still trying to get into civ 6. my brain is still broken from civ v, where brave new world made going tall instead of wide a crazy fun mechanic again.

civ 6 broke that over it's knee and forces you to go wide. its kinda like when they went to hex instead of square, and removed the stacks of death from civ 4.

The switch version is really good though. Controls really well and loads pretty fast for a civ game.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

holocaust bloopers posted:

Goddamn DCS F-14 is making me look at new video cards and an ultrawide monitor. This is like freaking catnip for me.

GTX 1660

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

still trying to get into civ 6. my brain is still broken from civ v, where brave new world made going tall instead of wide a crazy fun mechanic again.

civ 6 broke that over it's knee and forces you to go wide. its kinda like when they went to hex instead of square, and removed the stacks of death from civ 4.

The switch version is really good though. Controls really well and loads pretty fast for a civ game.

Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat. I've had fun playing it with the expansions, but nowhere close to the amount of fun I had with Civ V.

I put something like 500ish hours into Civ V, and so far I've only got about 75 or so in VI. I guess on the brightside, this means Civ VII is only three or so years away at this point.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I'm really not a fan of the districts in Civ 6. I bought the latest expansion but have yet to complete a game with it. I do enjoy the mobile port though. Being able to play Civ on my phone or Ipad while waiting at appointments is nice.

I picked up a Nintendo Switch last week and have been playing a lot of co-op games with my wife. It's so much fun! Have picked up Mario Kart, Mario Party, Overcooked 2, and Diablo.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
I picked up Civ VI along with both expansions, and after a few weeks it's safe to say the game just isn't going to grab me. There are some good improvements, good changes, and a lot to like, but I don't think it all comes together like IV and V did.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Pokémon has co-op too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

pokemon has very good co-op

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

There's more to that tweet chain. The people involved acknowledge it was a mistake to run this design without any feedback from women, so are now reeling it back with input from them. Which is nice to see, considering how many blunders are coming from ~*e sports*~ and gaming in general. I mean lmao they should've consulted their desired demographic in the first place but welp :v:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

iKon posted:

I picked up Civ VI along with both expansions, and after a few weeks it's safe to say the game just isn't going to grab me. There are some good improvements, good changes, and a lot to like, but I don't think it all comes together like IV and V did.

civ v was trash until the expansions, so i was kind hoping that 6 would be the same

im still going to try and learn it though. i still love civ but god drat theres times I want to boot up civ v as venice. make fat stacks of gold to toss at all my problems while i use city-states to take over everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ok i finished a lof of tutorials in eve online, the gently caress do i do now????