Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Thundarr posted:

There's basically no way to scale down power in such a way that a whm with Holy and Assize available isn't vastly superior to a stock level 25 cnj, and the devs remain terrified of the idea that actual newbies will be kicked from dungeons in an attempt to fish for high level people running in progress LLDR.
I think they're one hundred percent right, to be honest, and this laser-like focus on making the leveling experience as positive as possible is a good thing. That said the issue with ability paring eventually creating weirdness, IS a legitimate issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
hey it's possible i'm a total idiot but where do i turn in the tomestones of mendacity? i googled the name of the vendor and they... don't exist for me. do i need to pass a certain point of/finish the MSQ?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You need to finish Stormblood in order to buy mendacity gear. Edit: the quest specifically

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
that's what i was afraid of...

woof i'm still far off. i should not have been grinding my roulettes so hard.

thanks!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Catposting since I accidentally finished this dumb stick while leveling through Eureka.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Eureka progress update: Pyros mostly cleared, I'm just working on the 6th Magicite now (and re-rolling the relic for extra lines in the process). Once I've gotten it I'll move on to Hydatos.

The bad news is that I'm Lv. 53. At the rate this is going (read: no Magicite items yet) I may end up hitting 60 before I'm done. :thunk:

Unrelated:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Don't worry about the extra magicite that you will definitely never get. There's a reason Skoll's Claw still sells for 12m gil.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Baggy pants, bowling shoes, poofy arms, and two belts. I'm honestly not sure if I feel like a clown or a final fantasy protagonist but I'm loving what I put together for my NIN set. :v:

Oh, yeah, and a year after I started I finally finished my Skallic collection, last pieces to drop being the maiming chest and gloves. Took nearly a hundred runs total. Only saw the seal 4 times, never managed to win it. That thing is rare!

Minera fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 4, 2019

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The extra magicites are completely worthless unless you want to do dumb poo poo like solo void dragons or something. In Arsenal once you're fully geared out you can run 5/0 and not die to basically anything within your control. The poo poo that will kill you won't matter because it'll kill everyone around you as well.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Veritonsils posted:

Hot dang, what sets are these?

They're all pvp sets. The purple one is sold in the heavensward category i believe, it's for magic dps, but there's also a healer version of it I use where the black parts are made white, and the silver metal bits are made golden. I'll give set lists here:

This is my full outfit.
-Flower Crown from the current holiday event
-Thaliak's Chestwrap of Casting
-Emperor's new gloves
-Bloodhempen Culottes (they're short enough to not show up 90% of the time, and they give cool little ankle bangles)
-Moonfire Calligae

Another PVP set, this time from the stormblood category.
-Electrum Circlet
-Republican Signifier's Chiton (Again, a similar piece is available for healers here)
-Republican Signifier's Fingerless Gloves (no equivalent for any other role, unfortunately)
-Yafaemi Trousers of Casting
-Moonfire Calligae

I'm flattered you liked them, thanks!

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Seeing these gloves without the tats and gross fingernails might've finally convinced me to look into messing around with mods. What're the sites people use to browse this stuff?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The Ideal

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
Giraffe Elf Pride Worldwide

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Peachy Poo posted:

Seeing these gloves without the tats and gross fingernails might've finally convinced me to look into messing around with mods. What're the sites people use to browse this stuff?

There's a couple, and you will absolutely have to wade through nude mods, but this one in particular was on Nexusmods

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I will bow to the will of the thread and post a cat.

However he's mine, and you can't have him.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SL the Pyro posted:

Eureka progress update: Pyros mostly cleared, I'm just working on the 6th Magicite now (and re-rolling the relic for extra lines in the process). Once I've gotten it I'll move on to Hydatos.

The bad news is that I'm Lv. 53. At the rate this is going (read: no Magicite items yet) I may end up hitting 60 before I'm done. :thunk:

Unrelated:

The magicite items are insanely rare. Totalled together you're looking at 25-30 mil for the whole set for good reason. You absolutely will not get them before hitting max level.

They're also completely worthless in practical terms. A full elemental +2 set with Physeos weapon outclasses two measly magicite by a hilarious degree. And unlike magicite items, elemental +2 and Physeos have no RNG involved :v:

If you ever get any of the items for 6th or 7th magicite? Do the smart thing and sell them to dumb rich people.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 4, 2019

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

is there a resource that has complete pictures of all the different dungeon/raid sets?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

y'all heard of catposting but get a load of dog posting

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

johnny park posted:

is there a resource that has complete pictures of all the different dungeon/raid sets?
Garland Data has 3D models of everything and you can go by instance

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

johnny park posted:

https://xivstyle.com

Doesn't have 4.5 stuff yet but otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Peachy Poo posted:

It's all on discord: FFXIV Textools

There's like 5 male mods and 1000 female mods as usual.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Emalde posted:

https://xivstyle.com

Doesn't have 4.5 stuff yet but otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

perfect, thank you

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Not a catte and I will not apologize

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Alder posted:

Haha, I thought I remembered hearing that before. That seems like the dumbest possible way to organize stuff, but maybe that's just me.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Alder posted:

Nah, there's an actual site to host the poo poo on now. https://www.xivmodarchive.com/

Also more pictures cause Little Ladies Day.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

all that garbage and no mod to give miqote beards :wtc:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I hope SE allows us to use the stubble the Warrior of Light has in the latest trailer for Shadowbringers. Derplander is using it in the preview for the FFXV content, so there's no real excuse except apathy if they don't officially implement it. I wanna use that growing beard really bad, because the basic mustache/beard setup looks like a lovely pre-teen on Midlander Hyurs. That one looks pretty great though.

ActionZero posted:

As evidence to the contrary I present this glamour using the Skallic NIN body.

All Skallic sets are good.

yeah you're a lalafell, that's not fair. most things look fair on lalalfell. :colbert:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Once I hit 70, what's the equivalent to Ironworks/Shire equipment?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Scaevan, I think.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brainamp posted:

Nah, there's an actual site to host the poo poo on now. https://www.xivmodarchive.com/

Also more pictures cause Little Ladies Day.

You probably have the only femroe face I can honestly stand, and I sometimes consider fantasiaing into it to be the perfect amazon goddess

but then I remember I already am

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FactsAreUseless posted:

Once I hit 70, what's the equivalent to Ironworks/Shire equipment?

If you’re on Excal, I’ll make you a i380 left side.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Phone posted:

If you’re on Excal, I’ll make you a i380 left side.
I'm not. Where do I spend my mendacity/genesis tomes?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not. Where do I spend my mendacity/genesis tomes?

It's at Rhalgrs reach, but I think it only unlocks after the quest "Stormblood" and the final trial of 4.0.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The Reach. You need to finish 4.0 to unlock the vendor, though. You’re probably going to have to fish for gear upgrades (read: run a bunch of dungeons to get your ilvl up to run the next set of dungeons to run the next set of dungeons, etc), pay for some crafted gear on the MB, or be patient until they unlock the Genesis weekly cap.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tashilicious posted:

It's at Rhalgrs reach, but I think it only unlocks after the quest "Stormblood" and the final trial of 4.0.
Okay, cool. I'll just keep going through the MSQ and running daily roulettes then for tomes. I'm not in a rush, I just want to be in good shape ilevel wise for Shadowbringers.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, cool. I'll just keep going through the MSQ and running daily roulettes then for tomes. I'm not in a rush, I just want to be in good shape ilevel wise for Shadowbringers.

we're like four months away from ShB. Just playing the game and doing dungeons will get you good enough for ShB launch. Before it launches, or around the launch, the tomes will change from genesis to Poetics for top end gear and you'll be golden.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tashilicious posted:

we're like four months away from ShB. Just playing the game and doing dungeons will get you good enough for ShB launch. Before it launches, or around the launch, the tomes will change from genesis to Poetics for top end gear and you'll be golden.
oh sweet lmao, maybe I just won't run MSQ roulette for a while then

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

FactsAreUseless posted:

Tashilicious posted:

This. Wouldn't hurt to get full left side Scaevan and whatever jewelry you can (crafted or dungeons would be fine), but definitely cap Poetics shortly before Shadowbringers.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

oh sweet lmao, maybe I just won't run MSQ roulette for a while then

yeah once you hit cap every roulette will give you tomes. Hell, leveling roulette gives you more tomes when it's capped than 50/60. Almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
There'll also be a vendor in Rhalgr's after MSQ completion that can give you upgrades to i380 crafted gear, which can be handy for filling in gaps while you build your Scaevan set. Look for J'tandhaa at 9.6-11.6, off to the side near the summoning bell.

The best part about handing in Rakshasa gear for tokens is that it doesn't need to be 1 for 1. You can hand in any HQ 380 weapon, for example, and get enough tokens to buy any other weapon, or a handful of accessories, or a piece of left-side gear. You do need Mendacity to buy the extra reagent at 100 tomes each, but Mendacity is easier to get and caps at 2000 instead of 450 per week still. A weapon requires 700 mendacity for the reagent plus 27 tokens. Handing in an HQ weapon that isn't a PLD sword gets you exactly 27 tokens.

The Yama gear doesn't allow for overmelding like Rakshasa gear does, but it's 10 ilvls higher and is roughly equivalent to Scaevan gear, stat-wise. 2 points of extra weapon damage, typically, over the crafted 380 items, notably.