Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lot of people are elves in Part 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drat elf lawyers always screwing their clients over.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Rereading part 6 and what's up with Jolyne's lawyer being an elf?

oh, You Know

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Don't forget the prison warden being a lemon

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
And the one lady at lunch with a banana :yikes:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

so uh, whats going on with the manga. is there a summary anywhere of everyones motivations and who's looking for the flower and why. this poo poo is bananas

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

What's up with Polpo being a literal giant?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He's fat, everyone knows that being fat makes you big and 9 ft tall

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He's an alien, of course

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Xand_Man posted:

He's fat, everyone knows that being fat makes you big and 9 ft tall
Can confirm, am fat

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Terror Sweat posted:

so uh, whats going on with the manga. is there a summary anywhere of everyones motivations and who's looking for the flower and why. this poo poo is bananas

This is my main reason why I can't get into part 8, everyone wants the fruit and nobody has a good reason why. Like as far as I know the rock people just want to, like, sell it. That makes them the bad guys, because

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Terror Sweat posted:

so uh, whats going on with the manga. is there a summary anywhere of everyones motivations

Gappy - wants to keep flower out of Rock People's hands and maybe use it to fix Holly
Jobin - get lots of perks for being a Successful Fruit Salesman, kill Gappy before Gappy inevitably kills Jobin for being a fuckboy
Rai - grow his fruits and not get killed by Rock People in the process, help Gappy recover flower
Rock People - cultivate fruit and sell it for mad money, also mutilate anyone who gets in the way
Tsurugi - survive, maybe cure his disease
Joshu - unravel the Great Sausage Conspiracy, find God
Mitsuba - get the gently caress out of this hospital, because jesus christ
Caato - lay in her hammock, drinking margaritas and harassing her ex-husband
Yasuho - doesn't really understand what's going on, just kind of following Gappy
The Final Boss - they should be around here somewhere...

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Ryaomon posted:

Like as far as I know the rock people just want to, like, sell it. That makes them the bad guys, because
Honestly the Part is still a blur to me despite having read through it several times. If I recall right, trying to find Josuke's quest to find out who he is somehow got tangled up with the Rock People, and the group sort of cast the first stone at him and he just kind of retaliated. Only now Josuke explicitly wants the fruit to help Holly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Rock humans won't let anyone live that knows about their fruit racket(and doesn't want to buy any), it's just that this time Josuke is on the offensive.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The fruit they’re looking for is actually a special new strain of the fruit IIRC.
Who wants what can be boiled down to Josuke, who wants to fix Holly; Damo and his group, who want it for their illegal fruit trade; Jobin, who was working with them and wants it to elevate the Higashikata fruit business; and the other rock people like Wu who seem to al be related to the hospital and possibly responsible for Holly’s condition. Holly was researching the fruit prior to Wu, and Wu was using it to actually treat his patients unlike Damo and his group. So unless I’m forgetting something (which is honestly pretty likely) there are/were two separate rock human groups that Josuke has made enemies of.

Cato’s goal is still unknown, but considering she went to jail to cover for Jobin she’s most likely on his side. Tsurugi is the only other Higashikata with a clear goal, which was to help Josuke then to help his dad, but who knows what’s going on with him now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so next regular episode of the show probably has sound effects for the intro, right? i think this is about where trish gets her stand if memory serves correct plus the overall directional shift of the show

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

quoting this for the new page cause omg

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think this is about where trish gets her stand if memory serves correct plus the overall directional shift of the show

Yeah, it's Clash/Talking Head, followed by Notorious BIG (where Trish uses her stand).

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

STONE COLD 64 posted:

so next regular episode of the show probably has sound effects for the intro, right? i think this is about where trish gets her stand if memory serves correct plus the overall directional shift of the show

allegedly we're getting the new op next episode

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This is good. I should re-read feedback at some point.

I guess after the anime would make sense.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i don't think they do sound effects in the op anymore, they didn't do it for any of the part 4 ones

and besides that, yeah, we should be getting a new op after this week's break anyways

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Makes sense the next OP is apparently called Traitor's Requiem and they are traitors now.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't think they do sound effects in the op anymore, they didn't do it for any of the part 4 ones

and besides that, yeah, we should be getting a new op after this week's break anyways

Great Days had an SFX version, so it'll probably just be the last OP that gets it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

Honestly the Part is still a blur to me despite having read through it several times. If I recall right, trying to find Josuke's quest to find out who he is somehow got tangled up with the Rock People, and the group sort of cast the first stone at him and he just kind of retaliated. Only now Josuke explicitly wants the fruit to help Holly.

Jojolion is a straight up mess

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Makes sense the next OP is apparently called Traitor's Requiem and they are traitors now.

Also half of them die/technically are already dead ala Bucci.

Also Jojolion is a loving trip and is somewhat more clear rereading it after the Damo fight, how I'm just bummed out waiting for the next issue. Also still love how Gappy goes ora while beating people up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I see the anime thread discussing why Bruno did not die and I kick back and cross my legs knowing the answer is "He just didn't"

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Having his death skipped makes more sense than what actually happened.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lawyers aren't allowed to be elves now? :colbert:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Jolyne's lawyer is actually a dullahan.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CJ posted:

Having his death skipped makes more sense than what actually happened.

I can't even remember what really happened. Did it involve the life punch?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

getting healed by Gold Experience lets your ghost animate your body or something

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Waffleman_ posted:

"He just didn't"

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Gold Experience gave him the life energy needed to actually move and poo poo while Bruno just had the R E S O L V E to repossess his body in the first place. :v:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
All space manipulation stand users get one free ticket to reject death. Vanilla Ice just wasted his.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Basically Part 5 is a bad story. At least it has a couple of cool fights.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I honestly think the answer is just that Gold Experience gave life to his corpse. It doesn't actually get explained but :shrug:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it doesn't really need much explaining. out of the dumb poo poo that actually exists in part 5 i'm pretty fine with 'overabundance of energy from giorno's dumb stand lets bruno exist as a walking corpse for a bit'

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Bruno being a revenant out of sheer determination is actually pretty cool and good, and fits both his character and the pre-existing logic of JJBA. Part 3 has ghosts hanging around for a few moments after death, and Part 4 has a central ghost character who sticks around because of their unresolved business. It's not like he doesn't die.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The way it's portrayed in the anime it really just looks like he decided to not die and Giorno's healing just taped up the body instead of actually saving him. Considering he also makes a turtle with a stand (something I completely forgot about) it could've been Giorno too though with how much bullshit he pulls I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Him possessing his dead corpse out of sheer DETERMINATION/Gold Experience possibly giving it extra life is my canon to his current status. Juries out on having no blood at all though