Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

doverhog posted:

These are just the people that got caught now. Just imagine how many people the Koch brothers, or Putin, or the Saudi Royals, rape on the regular. Just imagine what Trump got away with. Is still getting away with.

We know for a fact that Donald Trump flew on Jeffrey Epstein's plane. And Bill Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

doverhog posted:

So how about Worcestershire sauce? It's perfect on everything that's not a dessert, and I don't eat desserts or sugar. If god came down and handed us a sauce, well he wouldn't because it already exists and some english dude made it by accident.

Is this unpopular. :shrug: I can argue with you about sugar or desserts I guess if you want.

It isn't perfect. Some of us are allergic to it. A perfect sauce would be edible by everybody but the fish kind of kills it for a lot of people.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

doverhog posted:

So how about Worcestershire sauce? It's perfect on everything that's not a dessert, and I don't eat desserts or sugar. If god came down and handed us a sauce, well he wouldn't because it already exists and some english dude made it by accident.

Is this unpopular. :shrug: I can argue with you about sugar or desserts I guess if you want.

i like to mix it into my burger patties before cooking them, I don't know about everything but it makes beef pretty tasty

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It isn't perfect. Some of us are allergic to it. A perfect sauce would be edible by everybody but the fish kind of kills it for a lot of people.

That's a thing yeah, I got some kind of digestive issue that sticking to a FODMAP diet has helped. That means I can't eat pizza or onions, for example. I used to eat so many goddamn onions.

It used to suck a lot but now I'll eat meat and put Worcestershire on it and not mind anymore.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think i have only ever put Worcestershire sauce on my cheese on toast

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The best sauce is whatever Caine’s sauce is.

PHUO: the sauce is the only good part of Raising Caine’s. And it’s dumb as gently caress that they give you one cup of sauce for four fingers + fries.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Saying you love ethnic food, authentic food, or authentic ethnic food means you're probably a racist or a bitch.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

riiiiiight

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I really don't like Worcestershire sauce but I do like fish sauce which is weird because those are almost the same thing.

Kind of like how I don't like Brie but I do love Camembert and those guys are right next to each other.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dragon Ball Z Abridged isn't funny or good

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Dragon Ball Z Abridged isn't funny or good
Right thread for this wrong take!

Your posting is good overall, though.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Dragon Ball Z [...] isn't funny or good

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You’re right, it’s seriously brilliant!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I liked the episode where they fought 1/120,000th of a thirty-second fight.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

docbeard posted:

Yeah it owns

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

docbeard posted:

This is my main critique of the series and why I like Abridged so much.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dragon Ball Z Kai is worse than Dragon Ball Z

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

Dragon Ball Z Kai is worse than Dragon Ball Z

everyone always says that until they get to the buu saga

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Kai cuts the Drivers Ed filler

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Kai cuts the Drivers Ed filler

This is what makes it inferior

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

spit on my clit posted:

everyone always says that until they get to the buu saga

The Buu saga had by far the least cut when Z was turned into Kai

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
How many super sayians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Just one but it takes 37 episodes and Krillin dies.

I used to watch Dragonball and don't have anything against it but boy howdy are there a ton of episodes where it was just people screaming for 30 minutes.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Will Smith's last good song was Summertime and after that he became a tacky rear end in a top hat.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Paying for a subscription to a car (I'm not talking about Uber and Lyft) seems really dumb to me. I own a car that I can access at any time. For free. Why would I want to timeshare one?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I own a car that I can access at any time. For free.

Uhhh

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Maybe his daddy bought him a car and pays for all the maintenance too. Who are we to judge the lifestyles of others.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No, I pay for my own gas and maintenance. But those costs don't come every time I want to drive somewhere, and I want a car I can use anytime; not one where I have a "subscription" to maybe use it when I need it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That's great for you but the point of any kind of timeshare is that you can spread the cost, if you want or need that kind of thing.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Something like that probably makes more sense if you only need the use of a car occasionally. It's something I've halfheartedly looked at before though I usually get by with cab service when I need it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Just realized what an idiot I am for renting this apartment instead of buying a home

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Why would you ever put an unexpected expense on a credit card instead of simply immediately paying for it with cash?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Paying for a subscription to a car (I'm not talking about Uber and Lyft) seems really dumb to me. I own a car that I can access at any time. For free. Why would I want to timeshare one?

it turns out in a good amount of big cities you have to pay to park practically anywhere, so if you're going out to do whatever it is you were going to do, you would have to pay $7-8 just to park, and add the amount of gas used in dollars to and from the place on top of that, it's only slightly more expensive to take an uber or lyft. Another reason is if you need to get somewhere, but you're in no condition to drive (see: being drunk, or sick, taking medicine that makes you drowsy, etc.)

also if you want to get technical about things, you can't really access your car for "free"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I only take public transport and Ubers to get around. I've evolved past the need to own a car. Get on my level.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I just never go anywhere.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

This depends on the cost of the subscription and car insurance/other costs, but here, we have a car subscription where monthly fee + everything we pay for our usage currently comes out to less than what it would cost to own a car, park it for free, and never use it. That is, BEFORE purchase cost, fuel, and maintenance.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

I only take public transport and Ubers to get around. I've evolved past the need to own a car. Get on my level.

Moving to a city with decent infrastructure was how Siddharta Gautama did it

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I drive everyday because I work so early that I can't take public transit even if it was convenient for me.

This is good because now I can make grocery stops or run various errands on the way home from work.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Moving to a city with decent infrastructure was how Siddharta Gautama did it

Thought that dude just kinda hung out under a tree or some poo poo.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
kanye west would make a better peter parker than tom holland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Shadowrun setting is indescribably tedious. The basic concept of cyberpunk+magic is pretty cool and the video games are fun, but the backstory just isn't interesting. It's like if Warhammer 40,000 took itself seriously. It's got all the grim darkness but none of the absurdity.