Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i always assume that the experiments happening inside the underground HAL Laboratories go against most international law

but thats the price for a fun video games :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I started playing Kirby's Adventure for the first time and started to notice it was very familiar.

I had no idea Nightmare in Dreamland was a remake of it and I played the poo poo out of it when I was a kid.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just FYI, you can get the UFO powerup in literally the first level :ssh:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Doc M posted:

That's what I've gathered from watching the occasional interview with TT racers or spectators. There's also a vocal minority of racing fans (and some professional racers) who think motorsport is getting too safe these days and go on about how there's no point if there is no danger (there is still plenty of danger when you're racing cars or motorbikes at high speeds, it's just that the most obvious and glaring safety issues have been ironed out over the years).

The Isle of Man TT is pretty much the last holdout of the old style of motor racing where racers dying from slamming their faces into a roadside building or a telephone pole at 180 mph was just how things were. Nobody batted an eye when the TT was a motorcycle grand prix world championship round back in the day because it all was stupidly dangerous, and it took until the early 70s for riders to start boycotting the event due to "safety concerns".

There's also Goodwood as a bastion of old school dangerous motorsport, to the point where they caught no end of poo poo for refusing to put some kind of catch net over the entrance of a spectator tunnel that runs under a section of the track after a car fell into it after a crash and narrowly avoided crushing a bunch of people. These though are people who look at an almighty crash that leaves basically a flaming shell of a car behind and are disappointed that the driver is able to get out unassisted.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Over There posted:

I started playing Kirby's Adventure for the first time and started to notice it was very familiar.

I had no idea Nightmare in Dreamland was a remake of it and I played the poo poo out of it when I was a kid.

yeah it rules intensely

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Real hurthling! posted:

Tried out the nes games and got confused about why there were 2 of the same game...dear nintendo, just release more games if you are that self conscious about your lovely offering, dont ruin the end of a bunch of games. Lmao at the one thats like "we beat dr mario for you"

They're for children

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat 20HI in dr mario as a child

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A sword is no less an instrument of violence than a gun. The line has been crossed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat 20HI in dr mario as a child

Yeah, because you were a child back when kids were lazy and had nothing better to do. Kids nowadays are all managing their own online brand personas. They don't have time to time to waste getting good at 30 year old videogames, unless that's part of their brand.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
After spending almost all of year 1 in Stardew valley preparing everything I needed to brew beer in the Winter, I managed to be off on my calculations by ONE DAY, which meant I was missing a critical ingredient to make kegs.

So I've been struggling to find stuff to do. It's been a long winter, and the denizens of Stardew have grown tired of seeing me listlessly walk about town, like a ghost in the snow.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, because you were a child back when kids were lazy and had nothing better to do. Kids nowadays are all managing their own online brand personas. They don't have time to time to waste getting good at 30 year old videogames, unless that's part of their brand.

Hi i'm jaylynn and this video was brought to you by our friends at taito and data east

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Chill Penguin posted:

Why would I play this when ROAD REDEMPTION exists?

Speaking of Road Redemption, an update came out for it recently! Everything looks and plays the same as far as I can tell, but load times are a little snappier. There's also a loading progress counter now that I hadn't noticed before. I'd be curious to see a changelog since I can't find anything about it online.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Man when you guys mentioned road redemption I thought you were talking about ride to hell: retribution and I was like, huh??

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

After spending almost all of year 1 in Stardew valley preparing everything I needed to brew beer in the Winter, I managed to be off on my calculations by ONE DAY, which meant I was missing a critical ingredient to make kegs.

So I've been struggling to find stuff to do. It's been a long winter, and the denizens of Stardew have grown tired of seeing me listlessly walk about town, like a ghost in the snow.

Hit the mines
stock up on coal and iron
get any wood fences upgraded to iron
chop the poo poo out of those big trees on your farm and plan an organized, easily harvestable farm patch of trees
make quality sprinklers
build silos

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Tayter Swift posted:

Hit the mines
stock up on coal and iron
get any wood fences upgraded to iron
chop the poo poo out of those big trees on your farm and plan an organized, easily harvestable farm patch of trees
make quality sprinklers
build silos

I actually got to the bottom of the mine on like day 4 of Winter so I have to wait until Year 2 to keep progressing...

But yeah I've been trying to just stockpile resources for the Spring. I guess I could upgrade my fences to iron but smelting iron bars is such a drag.

The quality sprinklers thing is definitely something I need to focus on. I actually have the recipe for Iridium sprinklers but I've only come across a few pieces of Iridium.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Move to Philly
Buy a loft
Start a noise band
Get six or seven roommates
Eat hummus with them
Book some gigs
Paint
Smoke cloves
Listen to Animal Collective
Start some type of salsa company

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RandomFerret posted:

Move to Philly
Buy a loft
Start a noise band
Eat hummus with them
Book some gigs
Paint
Smoke cloves

Lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

I actually got to the bottom of the mine on like day 4 of Winter so I have to wait until Year 2 to keep progressing...

But yeah I've been trying to just stockpile resources for the Spring. I guess I could upgrade my fences to iron but smelting iron bars is such a drag.

The quality sprinklers thing is definitely something I need to focus on. I actually have the recipe for Iridium sprinklers but I've only come across a few pieces of Iridium.

I like to troll around levels 40-50 because that's where most of the iron is. Iron is super important because so many crafting recipients depend on it, like preserves jars and kegs.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

RandomFerret posted:

Move to Philly (like a boss)
Buy a loft (like a boss)
Start a noise band (like a boss)
Get six or seven roommates (like a boss)
Eat hummus with them (like a boss)
Book some gigs (like a boss)
Paint (like a boss)
Smoke cloves (like a boss)
Listen to Animal Collective (like a boss)
Start some type of salsa company (like a boss)

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

RandomFerret posted:

Move to Philly
Buy a loft
Start a noise band
Eat hummus with them
Book some gigs
Paint
Smoke cloves

Lmao

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

That's weird because they actually did announce a third version exclusively for the region that paper comes from.

https://twitter.com/CarbonGlitch13/status/1102331067338448897

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I noticed amazon has a notable amount off on Sword/Shield.

I have no idea if I want the game yet, but figured there is no harm in preordering.

Do we know the differences between Sword/Shield at all?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Have a trailer for the next installment of the Trine series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XwRMNkbXH4

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Astro7x posted:

I have no idea if I want the game yet, but figured there is no harm in preordering.

Is this a regional thing? Because I'm in the US and I only see it with $1.12 off :v:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Astro7x posted:

None at all.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Rudoku posted:

None at all.

I mean I'd imagine there will be the usual "different wild pokemon, different legendary, small story differences".

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Astro7x posted:

They should be functionally identical besides each version having some exclusive Pokémon that the other doesn’t

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Twitter: a respected news source worldwide.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Friday the 13th: The Game is heading to the Switch soon.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

F13 ended up being one of my most-played games of 2018. It's goofy and unbalanced, but pure fun... like a high-production-value version of Mario Chase from Nintendoland.

There's nothing more fun than hiding behind a door and watching Jason break it down with an axe... then smacking him on the head with a frying pan, leaping out a window just as he reaches for you, and miraculously sprinting out the campsite alive.

Don't sleep on this game, people!

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 4, 2019

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

Don't sleep on this game, people!

This would be a good tagline for a Nightmare on Elm Street game...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have no idea why they'd even bother to put such a janky game on the Switch in the midst of them losing their rights battle over the game's content, it just seems like they're dumping a corpse into the lake and hoping fish bite at it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I adored Friday the 13th when it first came out but I can't fathom actually telling people to play it in 2019. The game's dead in the water, there's no future for it, and when I quit they were still tailoring it to lone wolf players. Will the Switch version even have open voice chat, which is like one of the best things about Ft13? I must have put close to 400 hours into it when it first came out but these days I can't muster any enthusiasm for it. I'm just waiting for Dead by Daylight to seal the deal and get A Jason.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Isn't that Friday the 13th game the one that's not dev supported anymore? The dead by daylight game is coming to and has a ton of support though.

Wiki edit: On June 11, 2018, Gun Media announced that it had canceled all future content updates including DLC for the game, citing a dispute between Cunningham and Victor Miller over rights, lawsuit and ownership of the original film as making it "unfeasible now or in the future". The studio still plans to offer maintenance patches.[46][47] Miller won the lawsuit on September 28, 2018.[48]

On September 25, 2018, it was announced that Black Tower Studios would take over as the new development partner for the game.[49]

Sounds good

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 4, 2019

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
The overall consensus seems to be that dead by daylight is more balanced and robust — almost an actual tactical team game — but f13 is a much more fun and wild because Jason is generally much more powerful than the counselors (there were some patches that made the counselors stronger, but those got rolled back I think?).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

asecondduck posted:

So I replaced stick in my left joycon a few weeks ago because I had accidentally broken it. AFAIK it's not an OEM stick because the bottom of it doesn't match the OEM one (there's a stamped X on the bottom, OEM one was flat). No big deal, after calibration it worked great.

Two days ago the drift showed up.

I had always assumed that the drift was an issue with the sticks, but here I am, with a nearly brand-new, non-Nintendo stick that drifts.

Maybe the sticks aren't the faulty part causing the drift?

Can somewhat confirm? My left JoyCon started drifting last year, so I sent it to Nintendo to fix. They wanted me to send, not only the JoyCon, but the Switch console. They charged me $30 because it was an out of warranty repair. A couple months after I got it back, the right one started drifting. I called up Nintendo again, internally pissed because if they charged me another $30 at that point I might as well just buy a new set of JoyCons... but no. They told me the repair would be covered under warranty, because they had replaced the Switch console and reset the warranty. There was something fucky with the Switch itself causing the drift, not a mechanical problem with the JoyCons.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Just reskin the game as a Kirby title.

Play as one of many different versions of the man behind the mask, Meta Knight. The Brawl Version circa 2008 is a little bit overpowered not gonna lie.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
They can release Friday the 13th on a new platform but can't finish the content that was nearly done. I'm sure somehow this makes sense but lame.

It is an awesome game and I'd highly recommend it. One of the most fun times I've had with an online multiplayer game in years. (If you're one of the anti-voice chat people in this thread, you might want to stay away.)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Annath posted:

Is this a regional thing? Because I'm in the US and I only see it with $1.12 off :v:
Damnit, it already went up in price

It was this early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1102576979059052544?s=21