Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to be the 2020 Democratic Nominee?
This poll is closed.
Joe "the liberal who fights busing" Biden 27 1.40%
Bernie "please don't die" Sanders 1017 52.69%
Cory "charter schools" Booker 12 0.62%
Kirsten "wall street" Gillibrand 24 1.24%
Kamala "truancy queen" Harris 59 3.06%
Julian "who?" Castro 7 0.36%
Tulsi "gay panic" Gabbard 25 1.30%
Michael "crimes crimes crimes" Avenatti 22 1.14%
Sherrod "discount bernie" Brown 21 1.09%
Amy "horrible boss" Klobuchar 12 0.62%
Tammy "stands for america" Duckworth 48 2.49%
Beto "whataburger" O'Rourke 32 1.66%
Elizabeth "instagram beer" Warren 284 14.72%
Tom "impeach please" Steyer 4 0.21%
Michael "soda is the devil" Bloomberg 9 0.47%
Joseph Stalin 287 14.87%
Howard "coffee republican" Schultz 10 0.52%
Jay "nobody cares about climate change :(" Inslee 13 0.67%
Pete "gently caress the homeless" Butt Man 17 0.88%
Total: 1930 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This clown car is getting out of control

By the way, I randomly voted for O'Rourke in the poll before I knew anything about the candidates, now obviously I support Sanders. Mods can I change my vote??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Don’t forget, there is always Joseph Stalin as the alternative candidate

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Phlegmish posted:

By the way, I randomly voted for O'Rourke in the poll before I knew anything about the candidates, now obviously I support Sanders. Mods can I change my vote??

In the spirit of democratic primaries, the poll is rigged anyway. :smug:

i changed Stalin back to 69 a few times and then gave up lol

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Phlegmish posted:

too late, you're a Beto man now. Draw your breath down, into your third Chakra, the Manipura. Concentrate on your center.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bernie Sanders hates [checks notes] Irish Catholics. It's his turn

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Phlegmish posted:

Bernie Sanders hates [checks notes] Irish Catholics. It's his turn

[looks at ID] I’m a Mexican Catholic, so I can endorse this message.

Also extremely lol:

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1102569048318058496?s=21

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
So if Bernie wins, does he run as an Independent with Democratic support (as he does in Vermont) or temporarily join the party? It doesn't matter to me but I'm just worried he could get robbed of a few votes by very ignorant/confused D voters, states running favored sons, or Republicans running spoiler candidates under ad hoc parties with names like the Democratic Super Party. It's something I could see happening in Florida.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 4, 2019

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

So if Bernie wins, does he run as an Independent with Democratic support (as he does in Vermont) or temporarily join the party? It doesn't matter to me but I'm just worried he could get robbed of a few votes by very ignorant/confused D voters, states running favored sons, or Republicans running spoiler candidates under ad hoc parties with names like the Democratic Super Party.

I'm pretty sure you have to officially join the party in order to be eligible to run in the primary in the first place.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

He will be the Democratic candidate and have a (D) next to his name on the ballet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He works run as a Democrat, because they are in the cannot in all 50 states

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Kingfish posted:

He will be the Democratic candidate and have a (D) next to his name on the ballet.

He’d have to be to avoid a Crowley type situation.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

So if Bernie wins, does he run as an Independent with Democratic support (as he does in Vermont) or temporarily join the party? It doesn't matter to me but I'm just worried he could get robbed of a few votes by very ignorant/confused D voters, states running favored sons, or Republicans running spoiler candidates under ad hoc parties with names like the Democratic Super Party. It's something I could see happening in Florida.

...he's running in the democratic primary to be the democratic candidate

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

fool_of_sound posted:

...he's running in the democratic primary to be the democratic candidate

I guess in theory he could win the nomination and decline it as he does for the Senate but that would be a stupid thing to do.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

Also extremely lol:

Really coming out the gates swinging there

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Is there any way for me to tell how many donors Buttigieg has?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Haha Hickenlooper is dead out of the gates if "I will rationally discuss the issues with Mitch 'I blocked Merrick Garland and got zero political fallout for it' McConnell" is his biggest selling point.

Even the biggest Democratic fans are sick of their leaders looking like pathetic chumps begging for the Republicans to treat them as actually people.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Radish posted:

Haha Hickenlooper is dead out of the gates if "I will rationally discuss the issues with Mitch 'I blocked Merrick Garland and got zero political fallout for it' McConnell" is his biggest selling point.

Even the biggest Democratic fans are sick of their leaders looking like pathetic chumps begging for the Republicans to treat them as actually people.

I hope so but Klobuchar and Biden still seem to have fans, and that's a part of their ostensible appeal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How come nobody ever thought to go to Mitch McConnell's office and ask him to be nice?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Can't believe Obama didn't think of going to Mitch's office and saying "okay what's the problem how do we get to a vote on Merrick Garland" smdh

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
John Chickenhumper

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

fool_of_sound posted:

John Chickenhumper

The American Bolsonaro.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Hickenlooper's restaurant experience is running one of the more mediocre brewpubs in downtown Denver. I'll give him credit for it being way ahead (1988) of the craft brew trend and way before downtown Denver gentrified. He probably would have been a great candidate in 1992 but much like his brewery his time has passed.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ague Proof posted:

So if Bernie wins, does he run as an Independent with Democratic support (as he does in Vermont) or temporarily join the party?

:chloe:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Good job on her part exposing the thing he literally said he'd do in his speech. Real A+ sleuthing here.

Given her questionable command of the English language, it's kind of impressive she was able to manage even that.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

What? I said I don't personally care.

It's what he does in Vermont. He runs in the D primary, wins the nomination, then runs as an Independent.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 4, 2019

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Hickenlooper's restaurant experience is running one of the more mediocre brewpubs in downtown Denver. I'll give him credit for it being way ahead (1988) of the craft brew trend and way before downtown Denver gentrified. He probably would have been a great candidate in 1992 but much like his brewery his time has passed.

yo, their chile beer is good

he sucks though. extremely clintonian democrat

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

fool_of_sound posted:

I hope so but Klobuchar and Biden still seem to have fans, and that's a part of their ostensible appeal.

Saying Klobuchar has fans feels generous

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

Do you think that 'Independent' line will have ballot access in every state?

No, right? And Bernie said he won't concede a single state, soooooo

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Yeah of course Sanders will run as a Democrat if he wins the nomination. Ballot access rules are stupid strict in most states.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ague Proof posted:

It's what he does in Vermont. He runs in the D primary, wins the nomination, then runs as an Independent.

This has been a settled question for years.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Z. Autobahn posted:

Saying Klobuchar has fans feels generous

She has servants

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Ok, I was just curious.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oklahoma's ballot access rules are completely nuts, you have to get signatures equal to 3% of the votes cast in the last gubernatorial or presidential general election and it has to be done by March 1 of 2020, in other words if Bernie hasn't started doing that now he aint intending to run as anything but a Democrat in 2020

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

RaySmuckles posted:

yo, their chile beer is good

he sucks though. extremely clintonian democrat

I've had it, it's fine for a novelty beer but I'm not going to drink more than one of those.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

In the spirit of democratic primaries, the poll is rigged anyway. :smug:

i changed Stalin back to 69 a few times and then gave up lol

A Good Mod.:patriot:

Phlegmish posted:

She has servants

Hey, watch it. The Senator prefers that you refer to them as "thralls."

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hickenlooper 2020: They Can't Lick Our Hick

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Lightning Knight posted:

Also extremely lol:

But it doesn't. Not with Mitch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zerbina Maxwell got mad she was being corrected and lost her goddamn mind on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ZerlinaMaxwell/status/1102592244601835520?s=19

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1102618942047174656?s=19

https://twitter.com/ZerlinaMaxwell/status/1102615174769508352?s=19

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1102621674803994626?s=19

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1102622596313554945?s=19

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"Shaun King is not an ally to white people."

Is Maxwell implying that King isn't black, which was a smear invented by Milo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ague Proof posted:

"Shaun King is not an ally to white people."

Is Maxwell implying that King isn't black, which was a smear invented by Milo?

He has a white mom and a white dad. But his biological father is a light skinned black man and he was conceived during his parents marriage. So obviously something he doesn't like to talk about since it involves his mom's sexual history while she was married (for the same reason an extremely lovely thing to attack him on)