Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Repost that giant effort post you made!

Happy to oblige:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849787#post481442189

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lightning Knight posted:

Lol gently caress no.

Jackson, Buchanan, Johnson, Harding, Nixon, Reagan, and Bush II are all easily worse and you could argue for more.

id say trump is worse than Harding. Harding was corrupt and lovely but not actively evil.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Trump is probably the most incompetent, and his idiocy will particularly impact the status of the US globally for years to come, and his administration''s utter negligence regarding govt programs will also have tremendous effects.

But he ain't started a war yet, he ain't even close to the worst.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Repost that giant effort post you made!

i am a man of the people.

if you think there is anyone worse in presidential history than james buchanan let me disabuse you of that notion.

axeil posted:

This is James Buchanan. He was President from March 1857- March 1861. I am going to explain to you why he is, without debate, the worst president of the United States to have ever existed.

Let's start with his cabinet.

The lovely, lovely Cabinet of James Buchanan

This guy was his Vice-President. His name is John C. Breckinridge. He is of course, most famous for being the god damned Secretary of War for the South. Yikes. Not a good start. Who else ya got?

This is Howell Cobb. He was Buchanan's Secretary of the Treasury. Of course he was more famously the President of the loving CSA before Jefferson Davis.

Jesus Christ Buchanan. Maybe your Secretary of War was better?

Nope. John B. Floyd was a Confederate General.

How about the Secretary of the Interior? Surely that guy has to be-

:laffo: No. Jacob Thompson was Inspector General of the Confederacy States Army. Met with John Wilkes Booth prior to his assassination of Lincoln and instigated a number of anti-Union riots.

Okay. Secretary of State has to be good right? I mean, he wasn't even concerned with domestic issues?

Secretary of State Lewis Cass invented the idea of popular sovereignty which was the direct cause of Bleeding Kansas (although to his credit he resigned after it was clear Buchanan had no idea what he was doing)

On a Cabinet of 8 people half of them would go on to fight for the Confederacy, 1 would die in office (Postmaster General), 1 argued that secession was legal (Attorney General), 1 invented popular sovereignty and 1 was the Secretary of the Navy.

Not the best start.

Dred Scott

2 days after Buchanan was inaugurated, the Dred Scott decision came out. You know, the famous one that said black people aren't actually people therefore you can't do anything to restrict slavery. Taney's decision is bar none, the worst SCOTUS decision in history. While the Court had already decided to rule against Dred Scott, the court's majority was only planning on writing a very narrow opinion. Until Buchanan got involved.

Buchanan wrote Pennsylvanian Robert Cooper Grier and arm-twisted him into supporting a broad decision that would render the Missouri Compromise unconstitutional, declare black human beings as non-citizens and prevent Congress from making any more policies about slavery in the US Territories other than "anything goes".

Buchanan was delighted by the decision and hoped that now with the slavery question decided and the Republicans' platform of restricting slavery in the territories destroyed the country could move on to other more important things :stare:

The Panic of 1857

So, what is a President to do after forcing the Supreme Court to make a decision declaring that black people weren't citizens? Why cause an economic recession of course! 1,400 state banks and 5,000 businesses were shuttered in the summer of 1857. Buchanan's decisive fix for this was...do nothing and restrict the money supply (aka the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do in this situation).

Utah and the Mormons

The Mormons had settled Utah a few decades earlier and were a constant annoyance in the pre-Civil War era. Brigham Young and federal officials had quarreled mightily and a Utah militia massacred a group of Arkansas settlers headed for California. Clearly a crisis was brewing. So what did Buchanan do?

Well, Buchanan listened to rumor-mongers in DC that the Mormons were already in revolt against the US Government. He decided to replace Brigham Young as Utah governor with the non-Mormon Alfred Cumming. Unfortunately he forgot to, ya know, tell anyone else about this which resulted in Brigham Young and Alfred Cumming both asserting they were the Governor of Utah. He then called in the Army, Brigham Young started a guerilla operation and thus, that's how Utah went to war with the United States.

Buchanan started a domestic insurrection because he forgot to send a letter.

Bleeding Kansas

Another domestic crisis where Buchanan got to put his master-level intelligence and political skills to the test.

Earlier I talked about popular sovereignty. The idea was, rather than have Congress decide whether a state was admitted slave or free, the citizens of that state would decide. Sounds like an okay idea right? Well, except when you don't have very good record keeping and thus don't actually know who live in the state. And making matters worse, if the pro-slavery side just happens to murder all the anti-slavery supporters, well, I guess that's the popular will right? :downs:

At the end of the Pierce Administration two dueling Kansas administrations had been set up. A free one in Topeka and a slave one in Lecompton. The Topkea one had far more people following its rule-of-law by all accounts was the more legitimate government. But James Buchanan, master politician decided to ignore all that and accept the Lecompton government as legitimate.

He appointed Robert J. Walker, a staunch pro-slavery advocate from Mississippi, to be territorial governor. However, soon after Walker arrives even he agrees that slavery doesn't make sense in Kansas and started advocating Kansas be admitted as a free state. Again, Buchanan tried to railroad Kansas into becoming a slave state and even the guy he appointed to the railroading said it was bullshit.

Well, the pro-slave faction in Lecompton wasn't very pleased by all this, and so held an election in 1857 that was so fraught with fraud that Governor Walker threw out the results. All the admitted states had previously sent their constitutions out to voters to be approved. But given what just happened with the election, the Lecompton government was worried about the constitution being rejected. So they just sent it into Buchanan without actually asking its citizens if they agreed with it (spoiler: they did not). Even this was too much for Buchanan so he told Kansas they have to vote on something.

And vote they did. But not on the Constitution, but rather on whether Kansas would allow slavery. However, the Topeka government, not viewing the Lecompton government as legitimate, instructed everyone to instead vote a month later on the same question. Both elections, of course, gave different results. Hopefully by now it's becoming clear why popular sovereignty didn't work.

Walker writes to Buchanan telling him how hosed this whole situation is and begs him not to adopt the Lecompton Constitution. But Buchanan gives no fucks and approves it and call the Topeka government "revolutionary" and insinuates they're in cahoots with the Mormons. Buchanan then literally bribes Congressmen to approve the pro-slavery constitution but the House can see what a sham the whole thing is and doesn't approve it.

The main person who helped defeat the sham Constitution? Stephen Douglas

Buchanan, Stephen Douglas and the 1858 Midterm

Stephen Douglas is most famous for the Lincoln-Douglas debates, which happened during Buchanan's mid-term. Douglas was a moderate Democrat, but a northern Democrat and was sick of Buchanan's Southern appeasement.

Buchanan hated Stephen Douglas so much that he attempted to rig the Illinois state elections to deny Douglas the Illinois Senatorship. The only reason there was a close race between Lincoln and Douglas was because Buchanan was running a bunch of spoiler candidates and buying votes just to spite his rival.

Northern and Southern Democrats were beginning to split as a party, so as a result of shenanigans like what Buchanan pulled in Illinois, the Republicans got a plurality in the House and they subsequently were able to block most of Douglas's agenda.

Buchanan was a whiny baby and thus started spite vetoing bills including a bill that would have established land-grant colleges and a bill that would've given public lands to settlers who stayed on the land and farmed it.

The Covode Committee

Remember how I said that Buchanan had a penchant for trying to bribe people? Yeah, eventually other people figured that out too and the House started investigating him in 1860. The committee's setup was beset by scandal from the start as pro-Buchanan Democrats accused the chairman (John Covode) of acting on a personal grudge (which was true!), but the findings of the commission were so overwhelming they soon drowned out the critics. While the committee failed to find grounds for impeachment, they did issue a report showing corruption, abuse of power and surfaced the allegations about bribery around the Lecompton Constitution (but were unable to prove it).

Even the pro-Buchanan minority report agreed with the facts but argued that evidence was insufficient for any charges.

Secession

At this point, I think you could very easily argue Buchanan as a really bad President. But it is his actions after Lincoln's victory that move Buchanan into the worst of all time.

In October of 1860, the Commanding General of the United States Army, Winfield Scott warned Buchanan that the election of Lincoln would likely result in the secession of no less than 7 states. He recommended the Union take immediate action and station large amounts of federal troops in the South to head off any attempt at insurrection and protect federal property.

Buchanan did nothing.

After Lincoln's victory, and consulting with his Attorney General, Buchanan stated that states did not have the legal right to secede but that the federal government could also do nothing to stop them...in effect giving the green light to the South to start breaking away from the Union. His proposed solution to the crisis was a Constitutional amendment that would affirm slavery in slave states, the Fugitive Slave Act and popular sovereignty forever. Real brave of him.

In typical Buchanan fashion, this just pissed off the North and South and the response was so limp dicked that Treasury Secretary Howell Cobb resigned. Yeah, it wasn't even pro-slavery enough for the guy who would become President of the CSA.

Meanwhile, Interior Secretary Jacob Thompson (remember him) starts openly planning Mississippi's secession while still serving in Buchanan's cabinet and Secretary of War John B. Floyd gets caught sending guns to the South.

Buchanan did nothing.

Actually he did less than nothing, because he started having regular meetings with Jefferson Davis and telling him all his plans, who then went and leaked to all the Confederates what exactly the Federal Government was up to.

Buchanan's last real act as President was attempting to surrender Fort Sumter to South Carolina in January 1861. This act of appeasement was such a betrayal that Buchanan's entire cabinet threatened to resign so he instead decided to send a re-supply mission. But he strictly forbade the Union relief force from firing on the Confederates, which force the relief ship to abort its resupply mission.

Conclusion

Buchanan was a corrupt, pro-slavery, petty, coward whose actions turned the Civil War from a solvable insurrection issue into the deadliest war in US history. He's a piece of poo poo and I hate him and I hope you hate him now too.

there's also this. even republican historians have trump near the bottom.

us presidents thread link. please don't be a dick if you come to visit as it's a very nice and friendly thread that's been running for over a year: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849787

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
The only function served by "which president is worst" discussions is signalling which harms you, personally, value more than others.

As a single-issue Chesapeake Bay water quality voter, Trump is the worst for dumping landscaping garbage in the Potomac, and I'm voting for the Triploid Oyster Hivemind in the primaries.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

twice burned ice posted:

OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma exploring bankruptcy

These fuckers are going to get out of paying anything for their drug pushing.

Letting student loan debt be discharged is a moral hazard, but obviously this is capitalism working as intended.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

axeil posted:

Being worse than James Buchanan takes a lot of work. The guy actively undermined the Union and arguably gave the CSA the arms and information they needed to get off the ground.

Trump sucks but he's not out there giving away guns to the Bundy militia.

The fascinating thing is, even looking at Trump now he's clearly in the worst decile and it's hard to see any scenario where he improves his standing. It takes some real effort to be as terrible as Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan, etc. when there isn't even any long-term impact to judge him on.

Yea to be clear I do believe Trump is on the 'bad side' and lol @ the president's legacy already being 'he's for sure on the worst list, yea' not even fully half way through his first term, but when we talk about the 'worsts' even getting past Actual Worst President And Just In General Human in America, James Buchanan, we still have guys like Reagan, Nixon, Harding, and The Bushes (let's be real we should package those two as one and forever lock them in the bottom rung where they belong) dominating the top of the pack.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Trump is probably the most incompetent, and his idiocy will particularly impact the status of the US globally for years to come, and his administration''s utter negligence regarding govt programs will also have tremendous effects.

i view trump as one of the worst modern day presidents, but not the worst, maybe in the top 5. W is probably the worst.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Nail Rat posted:

He could be the worst president of all time in a certain sense, in that he's discredited us on the global stage like no other. At this point the world at large will have no confidence in us as a long term partner on anything because THIS can happen at any time.

Additionally when it comes to the sheer shameless graft he's infected the Executive Branch with the only comparable presidency was Grant's nepotism-stuffed administration.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
didn't even know there was a president thread, cool and good

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

Additionally when it comes to the sheer shameless graft he's infected the Executive Branch with the only comparable presidency was Grant's nepotism-stuffed administration.

Warren G. Harding looks on, laughs and then dies before he can be implicated in anything

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
The argument of Trump being better or worse than someone like Bush 2 gives me a bit of a headache. I think Trump would love to do far worse things than Bush 2 would have ever considered, but his own incompetence, idiocy, and inability to select competent underlings means he fails at it so much. Saying Bush 2 is objectively worse than Trump, by the numbers of deaths and amount of suffering caused, is almost inarguable... but it still feels weird to be giving Trump bonus points in a morality contest entirely because he's too ineffective to accomplish the horrible things that he shouts about wanting to do on a daily basis.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

axeil posted:

Warren G. Harding looks on, laughs and then dies before he can be implicated in anything

Harding was such a fuckin great grifter.

Owning your opponents by dying before you can be revealed.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Lightning Knight posted:

By this criteria every president since roughly Carter is going to take hits from this.

Well yea. Trump is uniquely making it an issue that exists in two realities though, and coupled with literally going backward to pollute *more* puts him squarely in the ‘evil Captain Planet villain’ category and not just ‘make billionaires more rich’ category a la Reagan and the bushes.

The threat of climate change increasing exponentially alongside the certainty that it is caused by humans over his tenure as president is pretty damning as well.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 4, 2019

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dapper_Swindler posted:

id say trump is worse than Harding. Harding was corrupt and lovely but not actively evil.

There's this Harding quote:

Harding posted:

I don't know what to do or where to turn in this taxation matter. Somewhere there must be a book that tells all about it, where I could go to straighten it out in my mind. But I don't know where the book is, and maybe I couldn't read it if I found it.

That's funny.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

twice burned ice posted:

OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma exploring bankruptcy

These fuckers are going to get out of paying anything for their drug pushing.

"Purdue has held discussions to resolve the litigation with plaintiffs’ lawyers who have often compared the cases to widespread lawsuits against the tobacco industry that resulted in a $246 billion settlement in 1998."

Isn't it the same lawyer?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Gatts posted:

If it were Hillary we’d probably be bombing 50 brown people states for her ambition...

Chef kiss

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

HootTheOwl posted:

No lie: Donald Trump in the hall of presidents is amazing. Every other president is standing there dignified, occasionally scanning the crowd and here comes this guy, jacket open, twitching like a madman to deliver the most canned remarks ever. I was laughing the whole time.

Don't forget, he's got Hillary's face. (Or have they fixed that?)

Also,

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

WoodrowSkillson posted:

People keep saying that but given he is trying to start one in Venezuela, his foreign policy establishment is eternally trying to start one in Iran, and the NK talks just fell through because he is a whiny bitch I wouldn't give even the benefit of the doubt on that

The one thing that is keeping us from going balls deep in Venezuela is the general fatigue from being in two decades of endless quagmires, and even then if Fox decided to flip the switch millions of howling chuds would try to boondock down latin america in order to take on godless socialism personally within a month

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1102601276406329349

Whitaker has "quit"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Feldegast42 posted:

People keep saying that but given he is trying to start one in Venezuela, his foreign policy establishment is eternally trying to start one in Iran, and the NK talks just fell through because he is a whiny bitch I wouldn't give even the benefit of the doubt on that

The one thing that is keeping us from going balls deep in Venezuela is the general fatigue from being in two decades of endless quagmires, and even then if Fox decided to flip the switch millions of howling chuds would try to boondock down latin america in order to take on godless socialism personally within a month

I think the biggest thing saving us from that is Trump is too stupid to know how to sell a war to a country that's deeply exhausted from endless war

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lightning Knight posted:

Honestly straight up I don’t think he breaks the bottom ten.

Really? You can think of TEN Presidents worse than Trump? And what criteria are you using to judge them? Because have there been 10 Presidents who actively worked to keep the populace so divided and attacked the Constitution every time he didn't like what was happening? Or actively colluded with our enemies to win elections?

I'm sure you can name one or two, but I think ten would be a stretch.

edit: if i came off like a dick I apologize, as that was not my intention.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

axeil posted:

How do I always forget about Harding?

That said I don't think anyone else has been as direct about the corruption as Trump. Harding and Grant were either ignorant of the bribe money or unwilling to punish their buddies, Trump wants the checks sent to him.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I know some Presidents literally owned slaves but I can’t think of a President who was personally more morally repugnant than Trump.

:yikes:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

skylined! posted:

Well yea. Trump is uniquely making it an issue that exists in two realities though, and coupled with literally going backward to pollute *more* puts him squarely in the ‘evil Captain Planet villain’ category and not just ‘make billionaires more rich’ category a la Reagan and the bushes.

The threat of climate change increasing exponentially alongside the certainty that it is caused by humans over his tenure as president is pretty damning as well.

Yeah, but he is still only #2 on the worst presidents list because Bush got the start on completely abandoning any hint of conservation and also packed the EPA with stooges, at a place where it was a lot easier to stop climate changes effects. Everything heinous that Trump does gets its start with Dubya (and ultimately ties back to Reagan)

So its Trump #3, Dubya #2, Buchanan #1. And depending on Trumps reaction to 2020 (if he gets voted out), its very possible that he allows, aids, or starts an insurrection if he gets kicked out of office, which might let him take the top prize.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Your Taint posted:

Really? You can think of TEN Presidents worse than Trump? And what criteria are you using to judge them? Because have there been 10 Presidents who actively worked to keep the populace so divided and attacked the Constitution every time he didn't like what was happening? Or actively colluded with our enemies to win elections?

I mean, off the top of my head you got Andrew Jackson and his intensifying of the Native American genocide, Buchanan's role in pretty thoroughly reinforcing the future CSA, Reagan, HW Bush for all the poo poo he did even before becoming president, and Dubya. That's 5 easy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

By definition anyone arguing that Trump is the worst President ever or is bottom 3ish is saying that he’s worse than those who owned slaves. They’re also arguing that he’s worse than Jackson who engaged in genocide.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Robot Hobo posted:

The argument of Trump being better or worse than someone like Bush 2 gives me a bit of a headache. I think Trump would love to do far worse things than Bush 2 would have ever considered, but his own incompetence, idiocy, and inability to select competent underlings means he fails at it so much. Saying Bush 2 is objectively worse than Trump, by the numbers of deaths and amount of suffering caused, is almost inarguable... but it still feels weird to be giving Trump bonus points in a morality contest entirely because he's too ineffective to accomplish the horrible things that he shouts about wanting to do on a daily basis.

Idk if you can even apply morality to Bush because the guy was a complete nutcase who thought he was on a mission from God to defeat the Devil in the Middle East.

Yeah on a personal level Trump is an odious person who totally would kill a million Iraqis if there was something in it for him but there's not so he hasn't, whereas Bush genuinely believed he was some selfless holy warrior for Jesus and as a result a million people died. Does that make Bush 'more moral'?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Robot Hobo posted:

It depends on how you define "worst."

Trump seems inarguably the least competent president, but he (and we) have been "fortunate" in that he is in office in a time when his incompetence has kept him from effecting the massive scale of harm that someone like Buchanan managed -- partly because we aren't on the cusp of literal insurrection, partly because Trump's not capable of appointing competent underlings, partly because the economy's been coasting along and there are few international threats, partly because the wars we're already in are taxing his ability to start new ones, etc..

Buchanan and Dubya, by contrast, seem both just barely competent enough to make *horrible* blunders.

There must be a dunning-kruger curve function that peaks where there's just enough competency to effect horrible actions and not enough competency to plan for consequences.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
It seems like a pretty safe assumption that Trump would own slaves if transported to the time period of any slave owning president.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Its still legal for trump to lease slaves you know. He's probablyis using em somewhere. And since the government effectively owns millions of slaves and he's the head of the government, I'm gonna call him a slave owner anyways

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Your Taint posted:

12 presidents owned slaves at some point in their lives, apparently, so it might be easier than you think.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

By definition anyone arguing that Trump is the worst President ever or is bottom 3ish is saying that he’s worse than those who owned slaves. They’re also arguing that he’s worse than Jackson who engaged in genocide.

eisenhower and anyone before him probably would have been cool with chemically castrating gays & keeping them imprisoned from the general populace also so I suppose we can say Trump is easily a top 10 president

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The Super-Id posted:

It seems like a pretty safe assumption that Trump would own slaves if transported to the time period of any slave owning president.

Slavery is still legal

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lightning Knight posted:

Honestly straight up I don’t think he breaks the bottom ten.

I think the damage he is doing to relations with other countries will be lasting, and has been devastating. I think it's too soon to rank him conclusively, but he's easily in the bottom five as of right now.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Well yeah people who say Trump is the most overtly repugnant president should add the caveat that he's the most openly repugnant of say, the last 50 years, because I don't know how you get much more repugnant than Jefferson.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Terror Sweat posted:

Its still legal for trump to lease slaves you know. He's probablyis using em somewhere. And since the government effectively owns millions of slaves and he's the head of the government, I'm gonna call him a slave owner anyways

Yeah, there's a strong argument that every president owned slaves, by virtue of overseeing the federal prison system.

I'd have to check and see exactly when prison work programs started etc.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Lol gently caress no.

Jackson, Buchanan, Johnson, Harding, Nixon, Reagan, and Bush II are all easily worse and you could argue for more.

Oh come on, Jackson wasn't that bad.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

how reasonable is it to hold people from 1776 and 2019 to the same moral standard on issues which have been severely litigated, had a war fought over and had an entire civil rights movement over in the meantime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Oh come on, Jackson wasn't that bad.

:eyepop: