Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Booley posted:

I'm pretty sure the suppressors are not actually in phobos armor.

Gravis armor legs with the jumping boots, Indomitus arms and shoulder pads, Phobos torsos (check the reduced gorgets) with Indomitus-style full chest Aquilas, Indomitus backpacks with extra exhausts bolted on and grav chute vanes mounted to those, and some sort of custom helmet related to the Infiltrator Phobos helmets, looks like.

EDIT: No, on second look those are Phobos legs (distinctive knee pad) with the jump boots attached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Stephenls posted:

Gravis armor legs with the jumping boots, Indomitus arms and shoulder pads, Phobos torsos (check the reduced gorgets) with Indomitus-style full chest Aquilas, Indomitus backpacks with extra exhausts bolted on and grav chute vanes mounted to those, and some sort of custom helmet related to the Infiltrator Phobos helmets, looks like.

EDIT: No, on second look those are Phobos legs (distinctive knee pad) with the jump boots attached.

Indomitus is a type of terminator armour, you're thinking of Tacticus.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Dang, the only model in Shadowspear that has Kill Team rules the Chaos Space Marines?

I was using "I could build an Astartes Kill Team!" as an excuse to buy Shadowspear.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Doorknob Slobber posted:

So I'm getting into WH and I'm trying to build a kill team, I bought a box that had reivers and intercessors in it and the rules for primaris kill teams also include tactical marines, can I use my intercessors as tactical marines or like, if I bought this box are these guys tactical marines or intercessors or what?

actually3raccoons posted:

They're basically tactical marines, but in (without going into all the lore) really ancient armor. I'd say you could use them, since they should be the right size (Primaris are noticeably larger) and have bolters like a stock tactical would.

EDIT:

As an alternative, if you only need one tactical marine, you could get these guys

Yeah, that.

If you want full boxes of Tacticals with weapon variety, you’ve got three options.

The one you linked to is Mark III armor, one of the earliest armor marks. That box only has a heavy bolter as its heavy weapon option. A lot of the sprue is taken by chainswords, which your regular Tacticals can’t take in Kill Team, so it’s not your best value.

This one is Mark IV, still an ancient armor mark but slightly newer than the Mark III. In shape, this one most closely resembles the modern Primaris Marines, so if you want all your guys to have visually similar helmets, it might be your best bet. Again, though, lots of sprues is taken up by knives, which just count as a “close combat weapon” and which all marines are assumed to have whether they’re on the model or not. Its only heavy weapon option is the rocket launcher, which I am reliably informed is not as useful in Kill Team as the heavy bolter.

This one is the modern, default tactical sprue. It’s a slightly older sculpt than the others with slightly lower sculpt quality, but not so much that you’d notice. It makes Mark VI (beaky helmet, rimless/bumpy shoulders) and Mark VIII (scowly helmer, shoulders with trim) armor, and has way more weapon variety. But no heavy bolter. It’s also ten bucks cheaper than the other two options, and is sold in stores, which means if you find a non-GW hobby store that sells Warhammer stuff you ought to be able to get it at something like a 10%-15% discount.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 4, 2019

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Duct Tape posted:

Dang, the only model in Shadowspear that has Kill Team rules the Chaos Space Marines?

I was using "I could build an Astartes Kill Team!" as an excuse to buy Shadowspear.

I'd imagine keeping your eyes peeled on white Dwarf or The Warhams community site in future weeks would be a good idea.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Hey, is this cool jin-roh looking dude in shadowspear? I can't really tell from the pictures I've seen

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I’m glad gw is going to scrap the current acts of faith and build them from the ground up. Good on them for listening to feedback.

Their response to the variance on the exorcist tank is also promising for the future.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Improbable Lobster posted:

Hey, is this cool jin-roh looking dude in shadowspear? I can't really tell from the pictures I've seen

Those are the Infiltrators, who seem to be the intended replacements for bolter scouts.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I’m glad gw is going to scrap the current acts of faith and build them from the ground up. Good on them for listening to feedback.

Their response to the variance on the exorcist tank is also promising for the future.

I can't wait yo see what they do to make the Sister's more reliable, here's hoping for good stuff and maybe flamers getting some love too.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I like what people in this thread have suggested and make the D3 shots/damage stuff just 2 and make D6 stuff 2D3.

Also interested to see what they do with acts of faith to be more reliable + useful but not absurdly op stuff like “get to do a phase again”

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Stephenls posted:

The jump boots are smaller and have only a single supporting strut vs. the inceptors two.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I like what people in this thread have suggested and make the D3 shots/damage stuff just 2 and make D6 stuff 2D3.

Also interested to see what they do with acts of faith to be more reliable + useful but not absurdly op stuff like “get to do a phase again”

Maybe they’ll roll up the Acts of Faith system into stratagems; tbh I’d rather just spend CP and get the AoF effect than roll for it, but I’m also not sure what their design goals are for acts so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
No asymmetric shoulder pads, no deal

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Stephenls posted:

Leaked already.

poo poo that's actually not too shabby.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ghost Hand posted:

poo poo that's actually not too shabby.

Salty hams been making GBS threads on the spider but besides its non-starter summoning buff it's got 2 good guns, a non-degrading BS, and a chance at 2 regenerated wounds a turn. If the points are right and we can run a little pack of these things i imagine they could be quite effective.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Do we know how many attacks the Venomcrawler has from anywhere?

That imager link cuts that bit off.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Indomitus is a type of terminator armour, you're thinking of Tacticus.

That can’t be right. It’s Indomitus armor becsuse it was used in the Indomitus Crusade. And sometimes it has a psychic hood built into it, for Primaris Psykers. Right?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Full Shadowspear contents leaked:

How many Troop slot Scouty guys come in the box? I'm struggling to tell who's part of what in the group shots.

It's -
- 1 Captain
- 1 Librarian
- 1 Lt
- 3 trampoline men
- 3 Sniper rifle cloak boys
- and 10 troops?

Right? And the theory is it's 2 x 5 man identicals?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
1 troop slot. Bigboi scouts can go up to squads of 10 and get a baby Apothecary for the squad if they do.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Very interested in point costs for this new stuff

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I like that the squad can get an apothecary hooked onto it via unit options.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

That can’t be right. It’s Indomitus armor becsuse it was used in the Indomitus Crusade. And sometimes it has a psychic hood built into it, for Primaris Psykers. Right?

No. Indomitus is a terminator armor pattern. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terminator_Armour#Indomitus_Pattern

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Are Deathwatch going to be getting access to the floaty autocannon boi squads?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Harkano posted:

How many Troop slot Scouty guys come in the box? I'm struggling to tell who's part of what in the group shots.

It's -
- 1 Captain
- 1 Librarian
- 1 Lt
- 3 trampoline men
- 3 Sniper rifle cloak boys
- and 10 troops?

Right? And the theory is it's 2 x 5 man identicals?

As its set up its 1 ten man squad since at time of writing you cant have a helix adept in a 5 man squad.

So one, unfortunately.

Artum fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 5, 2019

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Artum posted:

As set up its 1 ten man squad since at time of writing you cant have a helix adept in a 5 man squad.

So one, unfortunately.

Potentially the Medic will be an option like an icon bearer though right? Especially if it's 2 identical 5 man squads - they'll presumably be like the Intercessor sprues and have grenade launcher and sergeant bits enough for 1 in every 5.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Harkano posted:

Potentially the Medic will be an option like an icon bearer though right? Especially if it's 2 identical 5 man squads - they'll presumably be like the Intercessor sprues and have grenade launcher and sergeant bits enough for 1 in every 5.

it'll depend on them changing the wording whenever a codex happens since currently its a squad of 5 guys, and then you can add up to 4 guys and a helix adept, it unfortunately doesnt work like blackshields for deathwatch even though it really should.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

SteelMentor posted:

1 troop slot. Bigboi scouts can go up to squads of 10 and get a baby Apothecary for the squad if they do.

If i recall correctly the Red Scorpions have apothcarys attach to individual squads. Makes me want to do a red scorpion force, though I dont know much about them

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Schadenboner posted:

As of right now the WHCommunity facebook person is going around saying that they'll be available to all Codex and First Founding Chapters, but Deathwatch is not confirmed.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Wizard posted:

If i recall correctly the Red Scorpions have apothcarys attach to individual squads. Makes me want to do a red scorpion force, though I dont know much about them

They value genetic purity above all else, hate mutants even harder than normal, and are maybe loyalist Emporer's Children. They're also Forge World's pet chapter.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Technowolf posted:

They value genetic purity above all else, hate mutants even harder than normal, and are maybe loyalist Emporer's Children. They're also Forge World's pet chapter.

See, the EC theory is pretty standard but the squad-level apothecaries and obsessive gene-seed purity thing makes me wonder if they couldn’t actually be Death Guard loyalists afraid of, I dunno, Nurgle’s crotch-rot?

I guess it depends on what they’re so damned :ohdear: to avoid?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Schadenboner posted:

See, the EC theory is pretty standard but the squad-level apothecaries and obsessive gene-seed purity thing makes me wonder if they couldn’t actually be Death Guard loyalists afraid of, I dunno, Nurgle’s crotch-rot?

I guess it depends on what they’re so damned :ohdear: to avoid?

I made a post about it in the Death Thread ages back but if you follow the FW paint schemes the Striking Scorpions get a roman numeral II on all their stuff where the rest of the armies have their Legion number. So, yeah.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
If you want two squads of five, can't you just tell your friends you're using the medic as a sergeant?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I made a post about it in the Death Thread ages back but if you follow the FW paint schemes the Striking Scorpions get a roman numeral II on all their stuff where the rest of the armies have their Legion number. So, yeah.

One of the lost legions?

Huh.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Schadenboner posted:

They flat out refuse to respond to questions about that on FB. Leaks from the book seem to indicate nothing about Deathwatch. So at this point there's two options IMO:

1. Deathwatch don't get access to Vanguard Primaris.

2. Deathwatch get access to Vanguard Primaris through something other than Shadowspear.

I still think #2 is likely. I also think that GW isn't stupid, and if there's an opportunity to sell a boxed set to an entire group of players then they'll gladly do so. My guess is that by the time preorder is available they'll settle once and for all if people can buy it.

EDIT: The posts from the 40K FB Community are now literally going "As for chapters outside that (Grey Knights and Deathwatch) we doubt it for now, but if we get more news, we will pass it on." so I guess the answer is a much more solid no.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 5, 2019

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
There's no way Eliminators or Infiltrators get special ammo with their current rules (auto wounding on a 6+ to hit with AP-2 ammo that starts the game in rapid fire range is bullshit), so I think they'll end up getting their own versions for Deathwatch with minor tweaks to keep them from being unfairly good.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Strobe posted:

There's no way Eliminators or Infiltrators get special ammo with their current rules (auto wounding on a 6+ to hit with AP-2 ammo that starts the game in rapid fire range is bullshit), so I think they'll end up getting their own versions for Deathwatch with minor tweaks to keep them from being unfairly good.

I think SIA is bolter-only (and SIA is granted in an exclusive list of what gets it not like the “anything called a bolter” in the beta bolter rules)?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

this guy is done except the base, I'm happy with how he turned out. I was also worried this would take me forever, but it was only about 6 hours.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Chainclaw posted:

this guy is done except the base, I'm happy with how he turned out. I was also worried this would take me forever, but it was only about 6 hours.

Nice job Chain, I really like the highlights on the robes. One of these days I need to pick up a Cawl of my own, he 's just such a pretty model.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Schadenboner posted:

I think SIA is bolter-only (and SIA is granted in an exclusive list of what gets it not like the “anything called a bolter” in the beta bolter rules)?

"Bolt Carbine" is on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Strobe posted:

The infiltrators might. It wouldn't even be as good as storm bolter vets, tbh.