Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Yeah that politico trash is getting posted all over the forum right now.

Funny how nobody reads it because there is nothing to back up the article in the article. Nor anyone's names nor any sponsors nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

So they're proving her point. Neat.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I just like the slur she said is apparently that if you push another country's agenda exclusively youre more loyal to them than the US. I didnt see any actual slur mentioned in there. And seriously questioning our support of isreal isnt a bad thing. We should question our support of every place we give a billion in aid to every year just to make sure we want to be associated with them.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

bird cooch posted:

Yeah that politico trash is getting posted all over the forum right now.

Funny how nobody reads it because there is nothing to back up the article in the article. Nor anyone's names nor any sponsors nothing.

lol what a loving rag. The first and only paragraph of the article with relevance to the title is about four sentences long and completely devoid of any substance, and the rest of the article is just a recap of news that already happened weeks ago.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

holocaust bloopers posted:

The WH meetings are just a front to send over fast food burgers to North Korea as payment.

That fat little bastard needs to get his Hennessy

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Wanna put a plug in for the “Horns of a Dilemma” podcast.

The most recent episode is about the Russian social media tactics

Also available on iTunes, Google, etc.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

They keep saying "slur" but I can't tell what the actual word was supposed to be.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Chichevache posted:

They keep saying "slur" but I can't tell what the actual word was supposed to be.
Implying that some people will let Israel do whatever they want even when it has serious negative effects on the US is apparently unforgivable anti-semitism.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

It wasn't a specific word. She spoke disparagingly of Likud lobbyists having disproportionate influence over US policy, which got immediately and unfairly translated into her repeating Jewish Puppetmaster conspiracy theorists.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Chichevache posted:

All I can see is she referred to pro Israel advocates as having "allegiance to a foreign country" and somehow that was an anti Semitic slur.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress Israel anyhow. Cut them loose from financial support and let the southern baptists hellbent on bringing about the apocalypse support them solely.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress Israel anyhow. Cut them loose from financial support and let the southern baptists hellbent on bringing about the apocalypse support them solely.

Wow, racist much?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

She said that Israelis (specifically AIPAC I believe) are using their money to influence American politics. And apparently it's anti-semitic to say that Jewish people use money to influence politics.

That's it. That was the slur.

I can't wait for Israel to burn.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Woof Blitzer posted:

Wow, racist much?

Its worth noting that as ADL pushes this narrative, Bibi is actively courting and supporting Anti-Semites to maintain a position of power in the Knesset

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
You're all anti-Semitic for not kissing the feet of the great Nation of Israel!

It's almost like you don't want the apocalypse to happen!

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I've heard Politico described as "TigerBeat on the Potomac" more than once.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Monday that Democrats will introduce a net neutrality bill to replace the open internet rules that were repealed in 2017.

In a letter to her Democratic colleagues, Pelosi said a bill called the Save the Internet Act will be unveiled Wednesday and will be introduced in the Senate as well.

The text of the legislation has not been released, and it’s unclear what will be included in the bill.

thats cool

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Crakkerjakk posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/leahmcel...70%2Fframe.html

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's gonna be the legislative equivalent of a bunch of people posting on Facebook stating that they aren't letting Facebook use any of the stuff they've posted on Facebook.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Lake of Methane posted:

Wanna put a plug in for the “Horns of a Dilemma” podcast.

The most recent episode is about the Russian social media tactics

Also available on iTunes, Google, etc.

War On the Rocks best podcast is Bombshell's

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Internet Wizard posted:

She said that Israelis (specifically AIPAC I believe) are using their money to influence American politics. And apparently it's anti-semitic to say that Jewish people use money to influence politics.

That's it. That was the slur.

I can't wait for Israel to burn.

Woah there, Adolf. Tone it down a bit.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:laffo:

I forgot about that.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

CommieGIR posted:

Its worth noting that as ADL pushes this narrative, Bibi is actively courting and supporting Anti-Semites to maintain a position of power in the Knesset

Wait what are anti-Semites doing in the Knesset to begin with

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

StandardVC10 posted:

Wait what are anti-Semites doing in the Knesset to begin with

Leading it?

People like Bibi and a strong part of the Israeli right wing repeatedly push policies and rhetoric that antagonize Palestine. Stuff that encourages invasive settlement growth, failing to curb violence against protesters and peaceful civilians, language that effectively tells Palestine that they have no path to political parity or civil equality, all that creates a sense of fatalistic hopelessness and resentment that pushes people into violence as a way of regaining some form of autonomy even if it's brief and bloody. They're more than happy to pile up dead Israelis to hold onto the government. Provoke an intifada, then step back and say "See? Now you need a wartime leader who can bomb the gently caress out of Gaza again so you can all feel safe!"

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 4, 2019

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

O'rourke needs Cruz to get his wife to cum if we're gonna continue this analogy to its logical conclusion

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

War On the Rocks best podcast is Bombshell's

Bombshell is the only one of theirs that is listenable because the other ones all have Ben Wittes

Bombshell is very good on its own merits, of course

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Arrest #2 in the NC election fraud case, though I don't recognize who this is! They might be starting small?

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1102697812779778048?s=19

https://abc11.com/more-arrests-made-in-connection-to-9th-district-election-fraud-sbi-says/5167179/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So y’all didn’t catch that the Acting AG just hosed off over the weekend?

https://twitter.com/thehill?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

What's wrong with Ben Wittes?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fallom posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Saturday night "ehhh, gently caress it"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DoktorLoken posted:

What's wrong with Ben Wittes?

Imagine Comey but also Eichenwald

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Can I post a meme? gently caress it I’m posting a meme.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Crakkerjakk posted:

That's one of Charlie Pierce's better nicknames.
Other great ones include Princess Dumbass of the Northwoods, Fred Hiatt's Home Depot of Bad Ideas, and Breitbart's Mausoleum of Unemployables.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If a meme reflect reality, is it really a meme anymore?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

^good timing on that

Random thought while I was looking at something about Hickenlooper running: I'd like to see what Dems actual internal polling says because it seems to me like neither sides base is interested in "bridging the partisan divide."

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Fallom posted:

Barr didn't want a poo poo CoS and all the other empty suit positions in DoJ were taken?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

sharknado slashfic posted:

^good timing on that

Random thought while I was looking at something about Hickenlooper running: I'd like to see what Dems actual internal polling says because it seems to me like neither sides base is interested in "bridging the partisan divide."

Most of the "trusted" polling is by people who profit by centrism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/03/04/ilhan-omar-is-steve-king-left/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6588f459d57a

Let’s see what the author looks like.

Yeah that’s about right.