Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess there had to be something around that he could have used. It's not like inanimate objects are in scarce supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I mean Bruno became an inanimate object

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I assume he just took a massive chunk out of the floor.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of curing death, how did Giorno's heal Bruno? He made a big deal to Mista how his ability wasn't strictly healing and that he needed replacement bits.

He turned the air into his body parts.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
there were a total of four stand users in the room when Giorno healed Bucciarati

the boss, Giorni, Bucciarati himself, and Trish

King Crimson and Sticky Finger's powers don't have anything to do with life or death, barring any really weird reveals, so we can rule them out

Gold Experience is bullshit and "oh by the way my stand now resurrects people as no-pain zombies" wouldn't really be any kind of departure from all the other stupid asspulls GE's enabled up to this point. maybe this is just more of that. however, it is a little weird for Giorno to be completely unaware of the consequences of his own stand's power, so maybe not.

but suppose it's the result of Trish's stand. that would mean we've seen her stand do two things:
a) bring Bucciarati back to life, with complications
b) some sequence of events while she was unconscious and nobody else was looking, that left a dinosaur footprint in the ground

clearly Trish's power is to bring dead things back to life, although it has limitations on the state they come back in that we haven't fully explored yet. this is why Bucciarati is experiencing weird side effects, and it's also why I am 100% certain that somewhere in Italy there is a very confused tyrannosaurus rex which is incapable of bleeding, dying, or feeling pain

King Crimson and the boss will be dealt with in the next few episodes and this tyrannosaurus will be the actual main antagonist for the rest of part 5

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

and this tyrannosaurus will be the actual main antagonist for the rest of part 5

With his Stand, [Marc Bolan]

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

somewhere in Italy there is a very confused tyrannosaurus rex which is incapable of bleeding, dying, or feeling pain

King Crimson and the boss will be dealt with in the next few episodes and this tyrannosaurus will be the actual main antagonist for the rest of part 5

excuse me this is the anime thread, mods?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah! But he turned the bullets into the parts of Mista's body that were damaged. Here, he just touched Bruno and instantly healed the hole in his gut, the tear through his left side, and restored all of his blood.

The blood was piss.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Blood is stored in the jellyfish.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Trish's stand is a ghost that happens to look exactly like Bruno. It descended into Bruno's dead body and possessed it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Giorno turned all bone fragments and torn sinew into good bones and sinew

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

he turned all his veins into snakes

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

"my stand erases time and skips past it, not even a candle will realize the moment its been extinguished' or something like that, so I figure Bruno died some point during a time skip that we didn't get to see and doesn't even realize that hes already dead?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

clearly Trish's power is to bring dead things back to life, although it has limitations on the state they come back in that we haven't fully explored yet. this is why Bucciarati is experiencing weird side effects, and it's also why I am 100% certain that somewhere in Italy there is a very confused tyrannosaurus rex which is incapable of bleeding, dying, or feeling pain

You're thinking too small. Clearly the boss is the T-Rex.

amigolupus posted:

The blood was piss.

:golfclap:

dr.acula posted:

"my stand erases time and skips past it, not even a candle will realize the moment its been extinguished' or something like that, so I figure Bruno died some point during a time skip that we didn't get to see and doesn't even realize that hes already dead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNQs_Bef_V8

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 4, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

dr.acula posted:

Problem with this is I don't think King Crimson actually skipped time after Bruno escaped. It would be pretty obvious from a viewer standpoint if he kept skipping time imo unless Araki would actively hide it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Gold Experience is bullshit and "oh by the way my stand now resurrects people as no-pain zombies" wouldn't really be any kind of departure from all the other stupid asspulls GE's enabled up to this point. maybe this is just more of that. however, it is a little weird for Giorno to be completely unaware of the consequences of his own stand's power, so maybe not.

It isn't weird, in fact. Giorno clearly has very little idea of how much Gold Experience can actually do. Remember the life-punch against Bucciarati, Giorno had absolutely no idea Gold Experience could do that. And then the healing through creating body parts, he learned that against the baby Stand.

That Giorno genuinely did not know Gold Experience could undo death is consistent with Giorno still learning what Gold Experience can do. Which goes well with the fact that we, the audience, have no idea about it either because it's complete and utter bullshit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I choose to believe that Gold Experience is where all of DIO's vampire powers went.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

using jellyfish so that you can shoot pee lasers out of your eyes

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ChaseSP posted:

Problem with this is I don't think King Crimson actually skipped time after Bruno escaped. It would be pretty obvious from a viewer standpoint if he kept skipping time imo unless Araki would actively hide it.

Araki actively hides poo poo like this from the audience all the drat time.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Bruno is just keeping himself alive out of sheer willpower and his unparalleled Resolve.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I choose to believe that Gold Experience is where all of DIO's vampire powers went.

Gold Experience is the same as Ultimate Kars's power

well, except weaker and has a lot of powers that Gio forgot about

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I know it's not supposed to be funny, but it kind of tickled me how Bruno gets punched through the gut and just zips the hole shut before going about his business.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I know it's not supposed to be funny, but it kind of tickled me how Bruno gets punched through the gut and just zips the hole shut before going about his business.

He truly is the Zipper Man.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Bruno is just keeping himself alive out of sheer willpower and his unparalleled Resolve.
Such a cheesy line, but that whole "Are you prepared? Because I AM" on the train against Prosciutto and Pesci was off the hook. :frogc00l:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Bruno has very quickly jumped up the list to one of my favorite characters in all of JoJo. At this point o think I only have below Joseph and just above Speedwagon and Josuke.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Bruno is the true Jojo protag of part 5, creative as hell stand that isn't just bullshit included.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Add me to the list of people who isn't really impressed by Giorno, not only is his stand basically just pure Deus Ex Machina but the whole "Dio's son" angle is extremely wasted so far. Plus there are few parts in the story where Araki clearly just wished Giorno just had Crazy Diamond's powers so that he could hand wave away all of the grievous injuries.

Luckily the supporting cast for part 5 is absolutely incredible and makes up for every one of Giorno's short comings, and even Giorno himself has had some excellent fights so far (Bruno, Black Sabbath and Baby Face).

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How come the subs say that he turned the brooch into a turtle when Coco Large is clearly a tortoise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CJ posted:

How come the subs say that he turned the brooch into a turtle when Coco Large is clearly a tortoise.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

CJ posted:

Species name changed for legal reasons.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

Add me to the list of people who isn't really impressed by Giorno, not only is his stand basically just pure Deus Ex Machina but the whole "Dio's son" angle is extremely wasted so far. Plus there are few parts in the story where Araki clearly just wished Giorno just had Crazy Diamond's powers so that he could hand wave away all of the grievous injuries.

Luckily the supporting cast for part 5 is absolutely incredible and makes up for every one of Giorno's short comings, and even Giorno himself has had some excellent fights so far (Bruno, Black Sabbath and Baby Face).

Giorno being DIO's son is basically just a quick way to show that, like the others, Giorno was born into a bad situation that could have easily made him a terrible person. But then he discovered the mafia and now he's a "good" guy.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I love the contrast between the motivations of Josuke and Giorno. Josuke just wanted to make his beloved hometown safe again, and Giorno just wants to take over a ruthless criminal empire.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I know Gold Experience is bullshit and all, but you have to remember that two of Giorno's parents themselves had bullshit powers, so it's only fitting.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Can't believe Giorno has two biological fathers.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

A lot of people are acting like Giorno is the main character when he's clearly the sidekick.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah Bruno is honestly a stronger protaganist than Giorno himself is and a bunch of the story conflict comes from him constantly feeling betrayed by the boss, up to declaring himself against him after finding out he was using them so he could murder his own daughter. Plus his stand is much more interesting than gold experience given it is well defined enough that you don't think he'll just pull out bullshit compared to Gold Experience who can seemingly do anything involving life in some manner.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Vento Aureo is kind of like Final Fantasy X in which the main character is continually like "This is my story", even though the secondary main character is actually driving the main plot.

Only one of the supporting characters is aware of this and yells at Giorno every time he tries to act like the main character.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I kinda wish there was more role model/father figure stuff between Giorno and Bruno.

While Giorno has poo poo together most of the time, he is still exploring the potentials of his stand, which if you recall, he has not used it to actively fight till fighting Bruno. And Bruno, finding someone who wants to clean up the gangs too, wants to seize this opportunity to raise him up and install him as the next Boss as he identifies him also as someone with a deep sense of honor, loyalty, and compassion for the common people.

If we had more interaction like near the beginning between the two of them where Giorno is more green about things regarding the gang or gang workings and Bruno shows him the ropes that would be neat. But I feel like their interactions are so little that you could basically have forgotten their whole plan was to betray the boss this whole time while delivering Trish. You could view that as maybe them being very good at keeping their plan secret, but I feel like its just a missed opportunity for fleshing out their relationship so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I really like Giorno, if only because he feels like a good version of Dio, which seemed impossible before this part. He's charismatic, ruthless, has no sense of self preservation, even for a JoJo character, and he has grandiose dreams of changing the world to fit his whims. The only real difference is Giorno seems to care about, or at least avoid, collateral damage to other people, because his sense of justice isn't based on himself as the most important person in the world.

Also, while his powers are bullshit overpowered a make no sense 90% of the time, I've come to find them to be a lot more amusing than annoying. It feels appropriate that Dio, who had a gently caress ton of weird one note vampire powers, would bring forth the dumbest stand ever.