Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

First of all, that's what you get for watching dubs, second,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rainbow Knight posted:

i mean, the goon said "it looks like trash" right there at the beginning you guys.

And then said it had no merit.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Cythereal posted:

Also, it's a minidress. That is not what women typically wear around nerds, that is what nerds want women to wear around them.
As a nerd, can confirm this.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

zoux posted:

John Landis directed The Twilight Zone movie, in which a helicopter stunt gone wrong decapitated an actor and two children.

His son, Max Landis, is widely disliked.
e: the actor was Vic Morrow, the two kids were illegally-hired Vietnamese children. And apparently just one of the kids and Morrow got their heads chopped off by the main rotor, the other kid got crushed by the wreckage.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I knew Max Landis was an rear end in a top hat, and that some jackass director killed people in a helicopter crash, but I didn't put them together.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
How the hell do you get banned from Uber Eats?

Did she order a pizza shaped like a swastika?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TinTower posted:

She's banned from regular Uber and Lyft for constantly rejecting every single driver who seemed to be of Middle Eastern descent (which is pretty much all of them in New York City), and I believe Uber Eats is tied to your regular Uber account so a ban there would be a ban on that platform as well.

She even got banned from CPAC, one of the Trumpiest places, for harassing reporters. She now runs entirely on getting people mad at her and then acting outraged when people are mad at her.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Brie Larson makes a good point about representation in film and film criticism up until she starts pretending that you need to have fit A Wrinkle in Time's target demographic in order to tell that it was a hideous film that sucked donkey dong.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The ban was connected to her regular Uber account, which was because she complained about not being able to get a non-Muslim driver. She brings absolutely everything upon herself and has a massive case of the broke brains.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TinTower posted:

e: tbh Loomer should aspire to the level of extreme onlineness demonstrated by Roger Stone
https://twitter.com/MikeScarcella/status/1102688819885862912

zoux has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Mar 4, 2019

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
hbomber's recent video about woke corps seems applicable here but who knows, maybe that bird post really is 100% her and not some corp shaped post to make some noise around the movie.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/foosgonewild/status/1102272613479473152

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Who takes off their pants before their jacket?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Len posted:

Right, having an opinion or thinking you won’t like it is fine, but the genre snobbery of “oh, another Marvel movie? I only watch legitimate cinema” ticks me off.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

jesus WEP posted:

Who takes off their pants before their jacket?

Just lol if you even wear pants at all. Pants are just short dicked men's conspiracy to hide their shame through social conventions.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

jobson groeth posted:

Just lol if you even wear pants at all. Pants are just short dicked men's conspiracy to hide their shame through social conventions.

Feeling really called out here.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

jobson groeth posted:

Uncalled for and while that is a fringe benefit it is not why I wear pants.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jurgan posted:

Right, having an opinion or thinking you won’t like it is fine, but the genre snobbery of “oh, another Marvel movie? I only watch legitimate cinema” ticks me off.

I love trash cinema and think Marvel movies are boring because they're safe and dull, you don't need to be a snob to find those movies tedious as hell and their humor cringe inducing.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sunswipe posted:

Top Gun's ok, but a few edits make it flawless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFzLnD3foTk

This is amazing

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Len posted:

I just don't think someone has to repeatedly say that they're making an outside observation with every critique if they opened up with an admission of making an observation from a position outside of actual knowledge. It just seems like it goes without saying imo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rainbow Knight posted:

I just don't think someone has to repeatedly say that they're making an outside observation with every critique if they opened up with an admission of making an observation from a position outside of actual knowledge. It just seems like it goes without saying imo

I dunno man. Goons love to see a trailer and make a snap judgement. Not sure if you follow videogames but Resident Evil 7 was a lovely Outlast clone with no combat.

For movies we have Jumanji 2 was a poo poo movie that nobody wanted to see and then there was a goon who matter of factly plotted out the entire Solo movie after seeing a trailer. He refused to see it because "I already know what happens" turns out he only had the plot 10% figured out and actually knew nothing

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Marvel movies are cinematic junk food. They're the artistic equivalent of a bag of chips. Everyone needs to calm their asses down.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

This man is the type of man who mistakes Walter White for being someone you want to emulate, only he chose Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Uh just to nip this in the vastly overgrown bud I did mean that from what I've seen, meaning the trailers and clips and what have you, it doesn't look like a terribly good movie, to me, a person, with views and tastes of my own based on a large variety of things over several years of seeing and enjoying, and not enjoying films. I didn't mean it as an objective statement because I indeed have not seen the finished film and as such can only at best assume as to its quality.

It's cool if you disagree and want to see it, I hope you have a ball. I just wanted to poo poo on some jerks raging about the movie because they've never had a date with a girl in their lives and never will and they decided to take it out on Marvel Product #67.

I wish I had a tweet of a lovely person saying a lovely thing to post here but I don't, someone hook me up, please.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
After I see the movie I'm going to tweet about how amazing it was, even if it was just average. #USAF #feminism #etc

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Heh, I don't even own a television :smug:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

(including the original tweet for context)

luxury handset posted:

"i have a FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT to drop trou and poo poo ON THE FLOOR at this GOLDEN CORRAL i am a PAYING CUSTOMER and i will speak to the MANAGER"

Remember, this isn't actually about freedom of speech. They're doing their best to frame "I want to make everyone who isn't like me a second-class citizen, strip them of privileges and rights, and dehumanize them as much as possible" as a simple disagreement and as "speech [liberals] don't like", instead of as the hateful fascism it actually is. The cruelty is the point, and they're mad that people are taking away their vehicles for being cruel.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don't even own an F-22

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The idea of slobbering over movies you otherwise think suck dick because you agree with the politics is dumb af, this is why Christians unironically enjoy God's Not Dead or Left Behind lol.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Lemme preface this with saying that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being interested in and wanting to see whatever movie. Do what you enjoy and all that.

However, if your sole reason for wanting to give some company your hard earned money is to own the chuds, you're being played pretty hard by blowback advertising.

That's kind of the funny thing about all this right wing outrage over this kinda stuff. They're literally doing what these companies want. They're advertising a product and attaching a virtue (a sense of being woke/owning people you don't like) to consuming it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Saagonsa posted:

Lemme preface this with saying that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being interested in and wanting to see whatever movie. Do what you enjoy and all that.

However, if your sole reason for wanting to give some company your hard earned money is to own the chuds, you're being played pretty hard by blowback advertising.

That's kind of the funny thing about all this right wing outrage over this kinda stuff. They're literally doing what these companies want. They're advertising a product and attaching a virtue (a sense of being woke/owning people you don't like) to consuming it.

Yes, good point, please don't copy the idiots by wasting your money on poo poo to own someone else. It makes no sense.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1102660130812936192

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

There's no way that's real.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah somehow I don't think places with happy endings are generally the same type to sell gift certificates. Or maybe they apparently do now?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I almost want to watch one of these to find out what the gently caress he's doing in fast food joints that gets him banned.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

There's no way that's real.

It's removed for being fake

Edit: but not before he got shitloads of karma and Reddit premium. Time to sell the account and start over new

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Len posted:

It's removed for being fake

Edit: but not before he got shitloads of karma and Reddit premium. Time to sell the account and start over new

Well, they shouldn't have! My marriage is on the line!!!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Sunswipe posted:

I almost want to watch one of these to find out what the gently caress he's doing in fast food joints that gets him banned.

Pouring hot oil on his micropenis?or is that the other crazy youtube guy?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Uh just to nip this in the vastly overgrown bud I did mean that from what I've seen, meaning the trailers and clips and what have you, it doesn't look like a terribly good movie, to me, a person, with views and tastes of my own based on a large variety of things over several years of seeing and enjoying, and not enjoying films. I didn't mean it as an objective statement because I indeed have not seen the finished film and as such can only at best assume as to its quality.

It's cool if you disagree and want to see it, I hope you have a ball. I just wanted to poo poo on some jerks raging about the movie because they've never had a date with a girl in their lives and never will and they decided to take it out on Marvel Product #67.

I wish I had a tweet of a lovely person saying a lovely thing to post here but I don't, someone hook me up, please.

It’s cool, I get that not everyone will like the same things I do. Your first post did come off pretty snobbish, at least to me, but I’ll take you at your word that that isn’t what you meant.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Pouring hot oil on his micropenis?or is that the other crazy youtube guy?

That’s him

https://mobile.twitter.com/DylanLJMartin/status/1101873832003018757

: (

zoux has a new favorite as of 01:47 on Mar 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The idea of slobbering over movies you otherwise think suck dick because you agree with the politics is dumb af, this is why Christians unironically enjoy God's Not Dead or Left Behind lol.

I mean the general feeling is that Marvel makes above average, occasionally great action movies. Why are you acting like you know for a fact they're lying about being excited?