Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Now I am just imagining Dr. Doom as a Yelp Elite reviewer or food critic giving his Latverian take on different eateries.

"THE PAN COTTA HAD A SURPRISING OFF NOTE OF CITRUS, WHICH PAIRED RATHER WELL WITH THE BLACKBERRY PUREE. THIS PLEASED DOOM. THE SERVICE WAS ADEQUATE FOR THIS LEVEL OF DINING ESTABLISHMENT. The prices were also quite reasonable. 4 OUT OF 5 STARS!!!" :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Artsygrrl posted:

Now I am just imagining Dr. Doom as a Yelp Elite reviewer or food critic giving his Latverian take on different eateries.

Kristoff would be the one leaving the reviews.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Doom definitely complains about everybody on nextdoor

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I love that panel with the smug bite. :v:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

site posted:

Doom definitely complains about everybody on nextdoor

ONCE AGAIN, PEOPLE ARE NOT MAKING SURE THERE NO SQUIRRELS ON PROPERTIES NEAR THE CASTLE AND THEREFORE NEAR DOOM. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, JERRY AND MELISSA.

DOOM DOES NOT WANT A REPEAT OF THE DOREEN INCIDENT.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol I need this account to exist now

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Artsygrrl posted:

"THE PAN COTTA HAD A SURPRISING OFF NOTE OF CITRUS, WHICH PAIRED RATHER WELL WITH THE BLACKBERRY PUREE. THIS PLEASED DOOM. THE SERVICE WAS ADEQUATE FOR THIS LEVEL OF DINING ESTABLISHMENT. The prices were also quite reasonable. 4 OUT OF 5 STARS!!!" :doom:

Well, I think you just gave me a new hobby.

I was about to ask how Doom eats, what with the mask and all, but then I remembered that Doom can toot a horn as he pleases. Surely that's gotta be trickier than shoving some food into your mouth-slot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn’t Squirrel Girl showed Doom on Twitter?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Well, I think you just gave me a new hobby.

I was about to ask how Doom eats, what with the mask and all, but then I remembered that Doom can toot a horn as he pleases. Surely that's gotta be trickier than shoving some food into your mouth-slot.

Honestly the trickiest thing is not to constantly toot one's own horn when one is Doom

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Didn’t Squirrel Girl showed Doom on Twitter?

Turns out he’s got a massive number of Doombots parachute accounts

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Kristoff would be the one leaving the reviews.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

AGREED. NONE BUT DOOM MAY SIGN THEIR POSTS AS THE LIGHT OF LATVERIA.

Doom does strike me as the guy who would sign his posts with "-DOOM"

DOOM CARES NOT FOR THIS 'NETIQUETTE'

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

davidspackage posted:

Doom does strike me as the guy who would sign his posts with "-DOOM"

DOOM CARES NOT FOR THIS 'NETIQUETTE'

nobody invite doom to bss or someone will burn his picture and he'll send the doombots after all of us

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Artsygrrl posted:

And now if Marvel is ever stupid enough to let me write a comic, it will feature Doom taking an Uber.

At the end of the ride, he leaves a one star review.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Random Stranger posted:

And now if Marvel is ever stupid enough to let me write a comic, it will feature Doom taking an Uber.

I dunno, I'd like to think Doom learned from the last time he tried to stiff a working man.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
uber drivers are already stiffing themselves, i dont think they'd complain

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

I want to see him try and fit that armored get-up into a hatchback. :newlol:

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Random Stranger posted:

Desperate to make some extra scratch, Ben Grimm signs up to become an Uber driver using the Fantasticar. His first passenger is a pickup from the airport...

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I used to post on a battle board in the early 2000's.
Somebody (who was a huge fan of the Thing) posted a load of pictures of the Thing hijacking cars/cabs/trucks/ vehicles of all sorts to use in fights or to escape.

It lead to the Thing getting the unofficial motto of "It's Carjacking Time!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm counting this as a panel.

https://twitter.com/stonecold2050/status/1102455217356857344

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Artsygrrl posted:

I want to see him try and fit that armored get-up into a hatchback. :newlol:

If Ben Grimm can fit into an Uber, so can Doom:

I kind of wish that there was a panel of car's suspension getting destroyed, but John Byrne isn't that clever.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I remember reading a few Fantastic Four comics where Ben got out of taxis by just busting out the side instead of opening the door. He'd get banned faster than Laura Loomer.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Random Stranger posted:

I kind of wish that there was a panel of car's suspension getting destroyed, but John Byrne isn't that clever.

That or a cut to outside where we see he's actually riding in a modified 18-wheeler, and he just happens to like the soho cabbie decor.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
But would either fellow fit into the Magneto Mobile?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Doom also eats without taking his mask off, so you can bet Doom is making it worth Doom's while.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Artsygrrl posted:

I recall a Deadpool comic where there was a gag about a Latverian restaurant in New York that featured a "Rooty Tooty Green 'n' Goaty" special. Maybe from Gail Simone's run?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Push El Burrito posted:

I remember reading a few Fantastic Four comics where Ben got out of taxis by just busting out the side instead of opening the door. He'd get banned faster than Laura Loomer.

The F4 are alternatively the richest fuckers around or don't have two nickels to rub together. if it's the former they bought the Uber driver two new cars, the later he wouldn't have be able to get an Uber in the first place.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

not strictly a panel but still

Adventures of Superman (1952), “A Night of Terror”

oh sure buddy go right ahead there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gnome de plume posted:

Doom also eats without taking his mask off, so you can bet Doom is making it worth Doom's while.

He’s been told as much

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

not strictly a panel but still

Adventures of Superman (1952), “A Night of Terror”

oh sure buddy go right ahead there.

These bits in comics and TV always got me. If you swing a crowbar at Superman it bends, or you swing a wooden bat or club at him and it explodes into splinters, that implies that you were strong enough to do that to swing that object so it would bend or break upon impact with an immovable object, which in both cases would take a tremendous amount of force. Same with this knife. It assumes that the attacker would be able to stab that same knife into a brick wall and have it crumple up like that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

New Leaf posted:

These bits in comics and TV always got me. If you swing a crowbar at Superman it bends, or you swing a wooden bat or club at him and it explodes into splinters, that implies that you were strong enough to do that to swing that object so it would bend or break upon impact with an immovable object, which in both cases would take a tremendous amount of force. Same with this knife. It assumes that the attacker would be able to stab that same knife into a brick wall and have it crumple up like that.

It looks like Superman is actually pulling the guy's arm into him with enough force to do that as a form of intimidation.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

New Leaf posted:

I think the idea in that sequence is that superman is pulling the hand holding the knife to get that effect.

Chitoryu12! :argh:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

New Leaf posted:

Superman is holding the guy's wrist, so either he is overpowering Superman or Superman is pulling on his wrist.

Edit: beaten like some randon goon on TV.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 5, 2019

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

chitoryu12 posted:

It looks like Superman is actually pulling the guy's arm into him with enough force to do that as a form of intimidation.

The thug's grip still has to be strong enough to hold it while he does that, and his bones and joints have to resist snapping from all the Super-Force being applied.
:goonsay:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yond Cassius posted:

The thug's grip still has to be strong enough to hold it while he does that, and his bones and joints have to resist snapping from all the Super-Force being applied.

Superman doesn't actually have super strength or invulnerability but some form of telekinesis that only works in very close proximity to his body.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Okay, okay, maybe that wasn't the greatest example but my point still stands.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Skwirl posted:

Superman doesn't actually have super strength or invulnerability but some form of telekinesis that only works in very close proximity to his body.

I thought that was Miracleman, although it's a force field in that case.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

I thought that was Miracleman, although it's a force field in that case.

I was just making poo poo up, Death and Return era Superboy had some sort of "tactile telekinesis."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Pretty sure that's been the excuse at some point or another whenever nerds started smugly pointing out how Superman couldn't actually (for example) catch a falling plane without tearing a wing off or just destroying it or some other bullshit, so the explanation was that Superman unconsciously uses telekinesis to do all the poo poo physics says he shouldn't be able to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I've always liked this gif of Superman dodging the gun.