Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Serephina posted:

Dunking on Geralt is kidna low hanging fruit. He's an idiot who will do ANYTHING if a pretty lady bashes her eyelashes at him, will cheerfully massacre literally thousands of humans and beasts one-at-a-time over the course of a run, but balk at odd plot moments. He thinks he's cool in the same say that the original James Bond novels thought what a 'cool' guy was, but at least the later Witcher games had the world poke fun at him.

So yea, he's a dork who goes to the gym.

I DO appreciate, however, been given a pre-built avatar for these 'RPG' games. Geralt has voice acting, personality, and interacts with the world and it's characters in a way Skyrim etc can't. Also, god forbid, you can actually Role Play as a witcher and try to match Geralts (pretty simple tbh) moral code during quest choices.

tldr: Geralt > Cloud Stife

James Bond is actually kind of a goon who gets dunked on mercilessly in the books, chitoryu's doing a really brilliant let's read of them at the moment. Bond spends most of his time getting tortured and drunkenly totalling Bentleys, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

sebmojo posted:

let's read

lol get outta here!!!

jesus christ

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

sebmojo posted:

James Bond is actually kind of a goon who gets dunked on mercilessly in the books, chitoryu's doing a really brilliant let's read of them at the moment. Bond spends most of his time getting tortured and drunkenly totalling Bentleys, it's great.

I stand corrected!

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Lodin posted:

Remember when people were freaking out over the realistic Pokemon movie?

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1102724579238252544

loving furries ruin everything.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

loving furries ruin everything.

nobody wants to gently caress this sonic, not even furries

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Really makes it impressive how Detective Pikachu rides a fine line between realistic designs while still being cute and recognisable when it can so easily go oh so very wrong. (and when the Pokemon designs are scary and disturbing it's clearly on purpose)

Sonic isn't supposed to be an actual animal, he's a literal goddamn cartoon character, he's Felix the Cat dyed blue with spikes.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Really makes it impressive how Detective Pikachu rides a fine line between realistic designs while still being cute and recognisable when it can so easily go oh so very wrong. (and when the Pokemon designs are scary and disturbing it's clearly on purpose)

Sonic isn't supposed to be an actual animal, he's a literal goddamn cartoon character, he's Felix the Cat dyed blue with spikes.

Oh my god that's exactly what he is

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

nobody wants to gently caress this sonic, not even furries

Thank you for this information furry ambassador to sa, but did you actually survey anyone yet

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

QuarkJets posted:

lol that is most definitely incorrect

This guy wants to gently caress the new Sonic lmao

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sid Vicious posted:

:a2m:

stfu Jeff I've seen you at the meetings

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Sid Vicious posted:

that poo poo looks like every render on furaffinity. the autism helps in not recognizing that it's complete poo poo. also note how easy it would be to make it into a fursuit.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

that poo poo looks like every render on furaffinity. the autism helps in not recognizing that it's complete poo poo.

I'm glad your autism helps with something

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

lol get outta here!!!

jesus christ

Let's pee.

Let's sleep.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Please support my reading to you on Patreon

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah it's a hard career to break in to, very competiti *pauses as sound of knocking on door is heard* Mom PLEASE I'm WORKING!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There are dumber things people get paid to do on Patreon.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Lodin posted:

I don't think anyone ever "freaked out" at the realistic Pokemon. More shocked at Nintendo giving the okay on some of the more bizarre designs like Mr. Mime and such.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SpazmasterX posted:

I don't think anyone ever "freaked out" at the realistic Pokemon. More shocked at Nintendo giving the okay on some of the more bizarre designs like Mr. Mime and such.

It's the internet, there's always some people who overreact like it's their job, and some for whom it basically is.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

screenshot taken from my tester's hosting computer. blue handheld info is sent and synched from me, thouands of miles away.

hail satan

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

From Dust was a really cool game and I really wish it got a sequel that expanded and improved upon it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

From Dust was a really cool game and I really wish it got a sequel that expanded and improved upon it.

The game didnt really get how difficulty works with every level but two being relatively chill, and those two being "memorize whats going to happen because you have to execute the correct strategy immediately at the level start or you wont make it"

Still super fun and I want a sequel

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Lodin posted:

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1102724579238252544

He has a swimmer's build. I like my vidya game characters to be jacked.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Dennis System posted:

He has a swimmer's build. I like my vidya game characters to be jacked.

sonic should really be all big and lanky like usain bolt, a runner's build

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sonic is Felix the Cat dyed blue with added spikes.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

lmao anthem is crashing peoples' ps4s so hard they need to restart in safe mode and rebuild the app database

why the gently caress would anyone look at bioware, and literally every game in their catalogue to this point, and think "yes they're definitely going to nail this looter shooter action game supposedly involving tons of vertical movement"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

unpopular opinion: while I understand that newer AAA games are incredibly hard endeavors to create and a shitload of time goes into making them work, the prevalence of "FUNNY RDR2 GLITCH" videos is annoying as hell, because it shows how people have internalized games being broken as gently caress as some sort of funny easter egg, rather than a bad thing that should be eliminated. The fact that 90% of big games now require an hour or so of day-1 patching before you can even play it is a symptom of that, but it's even worse when you get games like Assassin's Creed or RDR2 that have been patched a bunch of times, and yet you can't go an hour without seeing an invisible NPC cleaning glasses in a bar, or 20 Spartan soldiers spawning out of nowhere and freaking out due to collision detection.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

food court bailiff posted:

lmao anthem is crashing peoples' ps4s so hard they need to restart in safe mode and rebuild the app database

why the gently caress would anyone look at bioware, and literally every game in their catalogue to this point, and think "yes they're definitely going to nail this looter shooter action game supposedly involving tons of vertical movement"

While it's probably bullshit there have also been some claims that the game straight up bricked their PS4.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

e:^^^^^^^^^ see below VVVV

Snow Cone Capone posted:

unpopular opinion: while I understand that newer AAA games are incredibly hard endeavors to create and a shitload of time goes into making them work, the prevalence of "FUNNY RDR2 GLITCH" videos is annoying as hell, because it shows how people have internalized games being broken as gently caress as some sort of funny easter egg, rather than a bad thing that should be eliminated. The fact that 90% of big games now require an hour or so of day-1 patching before you can even play it is a symptom of that, but it's even worse when you get games like Assassin's Creed or RDR2 that have been patched a bunch of times, and yet you can't go an hour without seeing an invisible NPC cleaning glasses in a bar, or 20 Spartan soldiers spawning out of nowhere and freaking out due to collision detection.

the article i saw about the anthem thing was actually a correction to an earlier article about how it was straight-up bricking consoles

the comments on the update about "no actually you just need to do this arcane special reboot poo poo and wait for hours" were almost all "oh thank god, i really want to play this and was worried to buy it!" and again, i'm just trying to square that level of insane hype for an objectively broken shooter made by people who made dragon age inquisition

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lodin posted:

While it's probably bullshit there have also been some claims that the game straight up bricked their PS4.

They updated the articles, it's not a permanent brick you "only" have to boot into safe mode on the PS4 and rebuild the software database. Oh yeah, and the option to rebuild the software database is right new to the option to "initialize" AKA wipe your entire hard drive :laffo:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

They updated the articles, it's not a permanent brick you "only" have to boot into safe mode on the PS4 and rebuild the software database. Oh yeah, and the option to rebuild the software database is right new to the option to "initialize" AKA wipe your entire hard drive :laffo:
not only are consoles just retarded PCs, they now fully emulate the win9x user experience

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Anyone up for some Anthem? I just have to wait for ScanDisk to finish up, then I'm game!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I never get the fun glitches. I see videos or clips in reviews where games bug out in funny ways like ships suddenly taking off into the sky but when games glitch for me they usually just crash or I get stuck on terrain or AI pathing bugs out. If I'm going to play a game that's bugged all to hell, I'd at least like it to be a little entertaining, but noooo, I always get the boring normal bugs.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Harrow posted:

I never get the fun glitches. I see videos or clips in reviews where games bug out in funny ways like ships suddenly taking off into the sky but when games glitch for me they usually just crash or I get stuck on terrain or AI pathing bugs out. If I'm going to play a game that's bugged all to hell, I'd at least like it to be a little entertaining, but noooo, I always get the boring normal bugs.

the only funny glitch I've ever gotten was the one in AC: Black Flag where you go to your ship and there's just a ship-shaped hole in the water. Gradually the ship rises from the murky depths, drowning your entire crew in the process. So at least i got a good one

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
All the skate games are riddled with potentially hilarious glitches. Other than that though I've only encountered the really annoying or game ending ones. I couldn't finish Assassins Creed 3 or Arkham Asylum due to quest things just not spawning.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I never understood why they always have to drastically alter the character designs when they model something in 3D. That sonic just looks nothing like Sonic

I don't think DETECTIVE PICKACHU looks "good" either but all those loving pokemans look like they're supposed to at the very least

This sonic is an impostor

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

he actually is kinda reminiscent of fake crash from the old crash bandicoot games

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Harrow posted:

Yeah same

I played Anthem for at least 30+ hours and the most exciting glitch I got was the sound vanishing :(

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

I never understood why they always have to drastically alter the character designs when they model something in 3D. That sonic just looks nothing like Sonic

I don't think DETECTIVE PICKACHU looks "good" either but all those loving pokemans look like they're supposed to at the very least

He is an imposter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFMSwFabdm4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzHLxtNKUBw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

bloodborne is a great game made even better if you do like a set of two or three low-impact workouts every time you die