Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

DC is in the gutter for making poo poo movies
Aliens is in the gutter after like six poo poo movies

It is time to go full retard

There is nothing left to lose

This was preceded by Superman vs Aliens. Superman learns of a possible surviving colony of Kryptonians and goes into space to investigate. He finds the colony near deserted, save for one survivor, and fully infested with xenomorphs. Away from a yellow sun, Superman slowly loses his powers and must find a way to escape.

It literally ends with Superman flexing a chestburster inside of him to death and barfing it out.

It also had a sequel where Darkseid finds a ship full of eggs and uses them in a plot against the New Gods.

Darkseid gives zero fucks.

Mutant Headcrab fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao, that gag video with a dog wearing a spider costume is about a thousand times better.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Wow if aliens the franchise couldn't get worse after making nothing but dogshit films after the first two, tremendous first two films, we have comic books surging in to show why they will always be the most bottom barrel form of entertainment

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

should have been a twist that dog aliens come out extremely friendly and the movie is the hardened criminals protecting the xenopup from ripley's murderous & revengeful rage

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

lol but seriously I posted:

should have been a twist that dog aliens come out extremely friendly and the movie is the hardened criminals protecting the xenopup from ripley's murderous & revengeful rage

any other animal and the hybrid is real chill all the rape demon stuff comes from the human side

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:hmmyes:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

any other animal and the hybrid is real chill all the rape demon stuff comes from the human side

a lil on the nose but at the point where they're doing 'lol what if there was a dog Alien' anyway why not

Glenn Quebec posted:

The worst part about 3 was unceremoniously killing off newt and Hicks. It was really unforgivable. Resurrection stinks because it has JOSS WHEDONS stink rubbed all over it.

this was the only good idea that existed in 3, unfortunately everything after it hosed it up

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

AvP deathmatch will always be unbeatable simply because playing as Alien you just knew how scared shitless the other guys were, so you would do stuff an AI would never be as adept at doing, like hanging on the ceiling above them for ages as they shone their torchlights around, occasionally hissing to remind them you're near.

I'm also somewhat ashamed to say that I really struggled to play the single player as Marine.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the Predator was really bullshit OP tho, which fit the setting but god I can't imagine how much that would suck with modern multiplayer randomly matching you to racist 13-year-olds mad about optimal builds

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I liked how the basic premise of the series was rape monsters

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The movie Alien is on TV right now. AMC.

COINCIDENCE????

I had a nap at night which always blows so I'll probably be up really late. If that's the case I'll watch Alien later.

Durzel posted:

I'm also somewhat ashamed to say that I really struggled to play the single player as Marine.

:smith::respek::smith:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 5, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Anyone have experience with Alien: Isolation? Is it possible for a gigantic pussy to get through it without upping my dose of a bunch of klonopin?

This is reaching a bit back but worth mentioning:

Most horror stuff generally doesn't faze me and I'm the type to geek out at haunted houses for their design and costuming, so much so that the actors usually leave me alone because I have a big dumb grin on my face the whole time.

Alien: Isolation gave me nightmares for a week. It was great.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So let's go with the klonopin thing then.

I'm thinking of installing AvP 2010 tonight. That really was a decent game. I just hate playing the Marine and if you do the campaign I think you have to do that. :saddowns:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Have you seen Galaxy of Horrors, OP? it's a film Cameron worked on in 1981 and is a near perfect blueprint of Aliens. HOWEVER, it's good in a terribly cheesy way instead of a classic Cinema way, like Aliens. It's interesting to see how much execution matters and in the hands of someone competent, the same story has a totally different energy. I recommend it if you are a big fan of Aliens.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Donovan Trip posted:

Have you seen Galaxy of Horrors, OP? it's a film Cameron worked on in 1981 and is a near perfect blueprint of Aliens. HOWEVER, it's good in a terribly cheesy way instead of a classic Cinema way, like Aliens. It's interesting to see how much execution matters and in the hands of someone competent, the same story has a totally different energy. I recommend it if you are a big fan of Aliens.

Galaxy of Terror? Looks like Galaxy of Horrors came out in 2017. Neither got decent ratings but I'm well aware that that doesn't mean much.

Robert Englund is in it???? :swoon:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Galaxy of Terror, my bad.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ElectricSheep posted:

This is reaching a bit back but worth mentioning:

Most horror stuff generally doesn't faze me and I'm the type to geek out at haunted houses for their design and costuming, so much so that the actors usually leave me alone because I have a big dumb grin on my face the whole time.

Alien: Isolation gave me nightmares for a week. It was great.

man I really need to play Isolation. gently caress it I'm telling Steam to pull it down, let's do this

Dead Space hosed me up, something about the tension, pacing, atmosphere... I dunno, it kinda felt like it could've been a spiritual Alien game. I could only play like a half hour at a time lol

e. it helped that I was playing it on my projector, with all the lights off, and my surround sound cranked

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Code Jockey posted:

man I really need to play Isolation. gently caress it I'm telling Steam to pull it down, let's do this

Dead Space hosed me up, something about the tension, pacing, atmosphere... I dunno, it kinda felt like it could've been a spiritual Alien game. I could only play like a half hour at a time lol

e. it helped that I was playing it on my projector, with all the lights off, and my surround sound cranked

Isolation is waaaay different than dead space. It is in fact, scary as all hell

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm pretty sturdy on scary stuff but isolation is almost too intense to even exist

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Alien 3 should have let Ripley, and company make it home. Weyland-Yutani does a complete PR job on the incident at LV-426. Ripley, Hicks, and Newt are made to look like mentally broken survivors of an unfortunate nuclear meltdown that wiped out the colony and the marines sent to rescue them. The plot could still do the whole prison planet thing, but up the population of the planet. Have WY bribe some corrupt government officials into letting them turn aliens lose on the prison planet in an attempt to create a giant hive.

Have Ripley discover the plot but be treated like a total nut by the media, and anyone else she tries to tell the truth. In the end you could still kill her off but it'd be far more sinister to let some WY assassin do it. After all she went through in the end Ripley gets killed by a bunch of greedy back stabbing corporate hacks for trying to whistle blow. Squeals can continue from there, eventually have the Aliens make it to earth ect...

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Alien 3 should have let Ripley, and company make it home. Weyland-Yutani does a complete PR job on the incident at LV-426. Ripley, Hicks, and Newt are made to look like mentally broken survivors of an unfortunate nuclear meltdown that wiped out the colony and the marines sent to rescue them. The plot could still do the whole prison planet thing, but up the population of the planet. Have WY bribe some corrupt government officials into letting them turn aliens lose on the prison planet in an attempt to create a giant hive.

Have Ripley discover the plot but be treated like a total nut by the media, and anyone else she tries to tell the truth. In the end you could still kill her off but it'd be far more sinister to let some WY assassin do it. After all she went through in the end Ripley gets killed by a bunch of greedy back stabbing corporate hacks for trying to whistle blow. Squeals can continue from there, eventually have the Aliens make it to earth ect...

this sounds awful

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smiling Mandrill posted:

You should write an expanded universe book.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this sounds awful

No way man. If George Lucas has taught me anything its that space movies need more congressional hearings, and overly simplified political conspiracy.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Julius CSAR posted:

Isolation is waaaay different than dead space. It is in fact, scary as all hell

Donovan Trip posted:

I'm pretty sturdy on scary stuff but isolation is almost too intense to even exist

I'm not very far in yet getting power turned on in the room full of body bags and it's unnerving already

also The UI / presentation of this game is so incredibly on point, and it's reeeeally pretty, mostly I play retro games or older games so it's nice to see something that's pushing my system

it said to play on hard for the right experience, was that a mistake

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hard? Lol, good luck. Isolation is terrifying enough without ramping up the ability for the Alien to hunt you.

I think at hard the Alien not only hunts you down more rigorously, but can also smell your fear through the television.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It also picks up the sound on your mic if you’re using that. So you can actually call the alien to your location by saying whatever you want or farting

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Code Jockey posted:

I'm not very far in yet getting power turned on in the room full of body bags and it's unnerving already

also The UI / presentation of this game is so incredibly on point, and it's reeeeally pretty, mostly I play retro games or older games so it's nice to see something that's pushing my system

it said to play on hard for the right experience, was that a mistake

Just wait till later when all the body bags have ZOMBIES IN THEM :downs:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

It also picks up the sound on your mic if you’re using that. So you can actually call the alien to your location by saying whatever you want or farting
Yeah, I thought that was a cool touch but to be honest you really don't need any more help attracting the Alien to you. It's super realistic but also quite a slog from a gameplay point of view.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Is there an expansion to play as newt?

Winstons
Nov 9, 2009

My two cents, Alien Isolation was an amazing game, fantastic sound design and great fun/holy making GBS threads terror. At times I genuinely had to have a beer on hand to calm nerves. Well worth playing.

Winstons
Nov 9, 2009

and on Hard Mode a real Alien is released into your apartment/house

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
kind of hilarious when you consider the source material (Giger's spooky biomechanical space penises) turned into so many children's toys. The alien queen's head is basically a giant clitoris...

I read somewhere that they had to remake the original ALIEN movie posters. Instead of cracking open with glowing green space light, it was hatching from the top as it does in the movie. Which is to say it blatantly showed a gaping mutant space vagina with four labia.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

CelticPredator posted:

that owns

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Speaking of Alien 3, Dark Horse is putting out an adaptation of William Gibson's script for Alien 3.

It's a mix of Alien and a cold war thriller, as there's back-and-forth politicking between the corporation and space communists over the fate of the Sulaco and her survivors. Both sides try to clone aliens from tissue samples, both to horrific results

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Is there a comic book adaptation of the movie Aliens?

I read a Punisher comic book a couple months back and got sucked into the world a bit after I couldn't stop laughing at how hilarious the ultraviolence was compared with how lovely the art is in some of the older ones.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Is there a comic book adaptation of the movie Aliens?

I read a Punisher comic book a couple months back and got sucked into the world a bit after I couldn't stop laughing at how hilarious the ultraviolence was compared with how lovely the art is in some of the older ones.

Aliens: Newt's Tale is the closest I can think of. It's a two-part comic entirely from Newt's perspective. Part 1 is all prequel events depicting the colony's downfall. Part 2 is the events of the movie.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CelticPredator posted:

what the :stare:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The original dark horse aliens comics were dope. Some really fantastic black and white art in there.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

This is about as terrifying as finding out that your date has both a penis AND a vagina.