Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

gbut posted:

Newsflash: majority of US cities abandoned recycling because China stopped importing it. Now the municipalities ship your carefully curated recycling to either landfills or incinerators, or (in a miniscule percentage) local recycling facilities.

My apartment building has a separate dumpster for recycling and this last week I saw the dump truck pick it up with the rest of the trash :smith:

e: a shameful snipe requires picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Chard posted:

My apartment building has a separate dumpster for recycling and this last week I saw the dump truck pick it up with the rest of the trash :smith:

e: a shameful snipe requires picture

Never skip torso day :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chard posted:

Back in like 2003 or so in Humboldt the city came through the alleys and dropped off brand new bright blue recycling bins for our neighborhood to use. About 15 minutes later another truck came through and stole all of them. I love this city.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm the tooltip

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

im Picture

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't know whether I'm Serious Posh Harold, Spagett Jr., or Ugly Julianne Nicholson.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I love the one picture of the guy when he's standing with a group of beautiful women and smiling but he still looks sad.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Can you imagine having that guy as your grandpa?

Why are you sad, grandpa? Is it something I did? :(((((((((((

:negative:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Railing Kill posted:

Can you imagine having that guy as your grandpa?

Why are you sad, grandpa? Is it something I did? :(((((((((((

:negative:

Yeah. He hasn't been the same since 2008.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's Hide The Pain Harold, someone found an extraordinary amount of photos of him uploaded to a stock photo site but even when he's trying to smile he looks like he's about to burst into tears:

Certain online communities became obsessed with him and memed the gently caress out of his photos.

So of course people tracked him down in real life and he became something of an online celebrity.

That's funny I just introduced my wife to The Internet Historian about half an hour before reading this post as she was asking me if that's what he really looks like.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/DolanDark/status/1101488689857753090

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Gentleman, behold!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gripweed posted:

Gentleman, behold!

Those shoes are going to tear apart the second he starts running

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Funny joke occurs to me after seeing image.

MizPiz posted:

Those shoes are going to tear apart the second he starts running

Boom first reply.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wow just they went for the totally smoothe look like a ken doll.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
his shoes are real shoes, but his gloves are just white fur on his hands. I guess it would be silly if he was wearing gloves

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
his arms are loving bluuuuuuuuuue :byodood:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Does anyone have a list of all the live action cartoon movies we're getting in 2019??

I only know of:
Aladdin
Pikachu
Sonic

I don't get it

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Does anyone have a list of all the live action cartoon movies we're getting in 2019??

I only know of:
Aladdin
Pikachu
Sonic

I don't get it

uncreative assholes in hollywood have decided sequels aren't good enough and have decided to scrape the literal bottom of the barrel for IPs to cash in on

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Lion King?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I only know of:
Aladdin
Pikachu
Sonic

I don't get it

Pikachu and Sonic are video games, not cartoons

Memento posted:

Lion King?

And Dumbo. Jesus Christ tthey're making GBS threads out three live action remakes in one year

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They may not be your cup of tea, but at least Dumbo and the Lion King look pretty high effort like Beauty and the Beast and Jungle Book were.

I for one am looking forward to John Oliver as Zazu

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gripweed posted:

They were also both cartoons.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dumbo is high effort, but it also looks bad. The CGI of the title character looks wrong in all the promo material.

Might be because it's a Tim Burton movie, so it's intentional?

Detective Pikachu on the other hand does not attempt to be too realistic, and any Pokemon that looks creepy or weird is looks like it's meant to be that way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bILE5BEyhdo

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 05:36 on Mar 5, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I only know of:
Aladdin
Pikachu
Sonic

I don't get it

I think Beauty and the Beast sold really well or at least well enough to open the floodgates on a lot more live action remakes.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The MSJ posted:

Dumbo is high effort, but it also looks bad. The CGI of the title character looks wrong in all the promo material.

jesus christ, those eyes:stare:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's a Tim Burton movie, for better or worse, so otherworldly creepy is going to be part of it. It looks pretty good in motion, in the trailer

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RareAcumen posted:

I think Beauty and the Beast sold really well or at least well enough to open the floodgates on a lot more live action remakes.

The live action BatB made half a billion domestic and $1.2 billion worldwide, it was one of the most successful films in the history of cinema. Jungle Book back in 2016 fell just shy of a billion, Maleficent in 2014 made three quarters of a billion and Alice in Wonderland back in 2010 made over a billion even though it feels like everyone has forgotten about it.

They've had a few missteps like Pete's Dragon and Alice Through the Looking Glass which didn't do very well at all but their runaway successes mean that they'll be pumping out live action remakes every year from here until the heat death of the universe.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=disneyliveaction.htm

I only know of:
Aladdin
Pikachu
Sonic

Memento posted:

Lion King?

Gripweed posted:

And Dumbo. Jesus Christ tthey're making GBS threads out three live action remakes in one year

Also Dora the Explorer in August and Masters Of The Universe in December.

In 2020 we'll get a GI Joe reboot followed by Micronauts (which will probably be kicking off the Hasbro Cinematic Universe), Mulan and Maleficent 2 plus a bunch more that haven't been fully announced yet such as the Untitled Disney Live Action which will be released on Dec 23 2020.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 05:57 on Mar 5, 2019

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Gripweed posted:

Yes, “making GBS threads out” some highly anticipated movies, that look excellent, with a track record of highly successful live action adaptations.

making GBS threads out, indeed.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Masters Of The Universe

They already got this one perfect in 1987.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yes, “making GBS threads out” some highly anticipated movies, that look excellent, with a track record of highly successful live action adaptations.

sorry mr. Iger, but it absolutely applies

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It's clear to everyone they're just phoning these things in. Disney has a faux-monopoly on the filmmaking industry and can guarantee a positive reaction to anything they crap out.

Or are we going to find out you work for Disney like what happened in the schadenfreude thread last week?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Plinkey posted:

They already got this one perfect in 1987.

There's a documentary called Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story Of Cannon Films which covers the production of the '87 Masters of the Universe and Superman IV: The Quest For Peace which I urge everyone to watch, it's amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgv2hKrsgJ0

Here's a deleted scene about their godawful 1990 Captain America film to give you a taste:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ktQvCmZYo

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MizPiz posted:

Or are we going to find out you work for Disney like what happened in the schadenfreude thread last week?
... What happened in the schadenfreude thread last week?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

the Hasbro Cinematic Universe

Incredibly cursed timeline

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zereth posted:

... What happened in the schadenfreude thread last week?

Dude who worked for youtube got all defensive when people called his company lovely

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Regy Rusty posted:

Dude who worked for youtube got all defensive when people called his company lovely

IIRC he admitted he was trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

dumb. posted:

IIRC he admitted he was trolling.

Did he? If so I missed that.