Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm from Gloomhaven and I say kill em all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
^^^^^^^^^^ I would like to know more.

Omobono posted:

You win or lose next turn. To be fair though, 12 HP should go down to Master Splinter alone, and she* still has her cloak and another invisibility to loot the chest unmolested.

*mindthief was a she or am I misremembering?
On the same line, Bullwinkle is an he and Rocky a they, right?

Yeah, the Mindthief is a rat-lady and the Brute is a He-nox. All Savvas are genderless.

As a reminder to our players, at least one of them has to be still standing at the end of the Round the objective is completed for the mission to be a success - the Scenario doesn't end until the end of the Round in which the goal (kill the Overseer and loot the chest, in this case) is completed.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I think we'll keep the Rock Tunnel use as it is, unless for some reason everyone wants to let me go around punching rocks for a shitload of turns for XP before we open the goal box.

Also if these guys were that unhappy with their enslavement they'd be fighting on our side. No mercy for 'em.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If the Mindthief goes very quick this round and uses her invisibility cloak, she could stamina potion back Scurry for the bottom Loot 2 to try and finish off the boss next turn + loot the chest and like 4 coins.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Diamond Mine Round 7A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

-None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

This is where it gets scary.

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Fearsome Blade.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand3, Discarded4, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 10 with Provoking Roar and Trample.

10. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Car Hater) posted:

code:
"PROVOKING ROAR (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - DISARM
BOT: Round bonus Any enemy who targets one of your adjacent allies with an attack this round targets you with that attack instead, regardless of the attack's range."

"TRAMPLE (72) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PIERCE2
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - ATK2 (Target all enemies moved through) - XP2 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand5, Discarded2, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 35 with Crushing Grasp and Forceful Storm.

35. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

code:
"CRUSHING GRASP (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate EARTH
BOT: LOOT1"

"FORCEFUL STORM (53) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, AOE (check image) - DISARM - Gain XP1 for each enemy 
targeted - Generate AIR - LOSS 
BOT: Round bonus Add +2ATK to all your melee attacks this round. "

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
:actually: this shouldn't be too bad. You're all going first and unless you all miss you should be able to reduce their numbers to a safe amount.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

unless you all miss

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Elephant Ambush posted:

:actually: this shouldn't be too bad. You're all going first and unless you all miss you should be able to reduce their numbers to a safe amount.

This is true, though you'll need to actually kill the scouts for this, and not just rely on disarms and stuns. Those will protect you during the Scouts' turns, but not during the Boss's.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Meh, just kill the boss and Master Splinter can drag the loot plus Bullwinkle and Rocky's unconscious bodies back home.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Yeah, Splinter shouldn't need to cloak this round, so next round she can just go very fast and pop cloak + loot to finish the scenario assuming the boss is taken down this round.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Alright, I'm just dumping as much damage as I can into the boss. Pray to the gods for good pulls!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Reik posted:

Yeah, Splinter shouldn't need to cloak this round, so next round she can just go very fast and pop cloak + loot to finish the scenario assuming the boss is taken down this round.

If we can get things under control I'd like a few rounds to do some stuff, though. Mainly looting.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

MarquiseMindfang posted:

If we can get things under control I'd like a few rounds to do some stuff, though. Mainly looting.

Yeah, that would be a worst case scenario if Rocky and/or Bullwinkle aren't around after this next set of attacks. That's a lot of attack 2s/3s after the first poison attack, though.

Using stamina potions so you have an extra card to toss to mitigate damage might not be a bad idea.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Diamond Mine Round 7B

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (top as a basic ATK2)! Attacks Merciless Overseer (BOSS) for 5 (2base, +1mod +2bonus) damage!
Merciless Overseer (BOSS) is at 7 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (bot)! Does not Move, attacks Merciless Overseer (BOSS) for 4 (2base, +0mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Merciless Overseer (BOSS) is at 3 HP.

The Overseer is almost dead...but if happens, that could spell disaster for our party!

- Bullwinkle uses Trample (bot)! Moves 4 to I2 through H2, J2, K2! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Attacks Vermling Scout 3(E) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Vermling Scout 3(E) is at 2 HP.
Attacks Vermling Scout 5(E) for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage!
Attacks Merciless Overseer (BOSS) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Merciless Overseer (BOSS) is killed!
- Bullwinkle uses Provoking Roar (top)! Attacks Vermling Scout 3(E) for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage!
Vermling Scout 3(E) is killed!

That was some intense treading! Also Bullwinkle had missed out on the Hounds, but adds the Merciless Overseer to his gruesome Trophy collection. Also Car Hater your orders were to end movement on I3 after trampling Scout 3, 5 and Boss, but you would have needed MOVE5 instead of MOVE4, so I presume you meant I2?

35. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

- Rocky uses Forceful Storm (top)! LOSS card!
Attacks Vermling Scout 4(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 3 (3base, +0/+0 mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Vermling Scout 4(E) is at 2 HP and is DISARMED.
Attacks Vermling Scout 2 with DISADVANTAGE for 3 (3base, +0/x2 mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Vermling Scout 2 is killed!.
Backup Ammunition 1st trigger! Gains 1XP.
Attacks Vermling Scout 10(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 2 (3base, +0/-1 mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Vermling Scout 10(E) is at 3 HP and is DISARMED.
- Rocky uses Crushing Grasp (bot)! LOOTs1 and gains 1 coin token.
AIR is now strong.

Now that the Overseer is dead, Rocky's disarms should somehow protect it from the Vermlings attacks.

54. Vermling Scout 4(E), 5(E), 9(E), 10(Es), 7 posted:

- Vermling Scout 4(E) focuses Rocky! Loses DISARMED token.
- Vermling Scout 5(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to I3. Attacks Bullwinkle for 1 (2base, +2mod, SHIELD3) damage.
Heather Shield SPENT, Hide Armor SPENT, Warding Strength 3rd trigger!
Bullwinkleis at 11 HP and is POISONED!
- Vermling Scout 5(E) focuses Bullwinkle!
- Vermling Scout 9(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 2 (2base, +0mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage.
Warding Strength 4th trigger! Gains 1XP.
Bullwinkleis at 9 HP and is POISONED!
- Vermling Scout 10(Es) focuses Rocky! Loses DISARMED token.
- Vermling Scout 7 focuses Rocky! Moves 1 to M3. Attacks Rocky for 2 (1base, +1mod) damage.
Rockyis at 3 HP and is POISONED!

A veritable wall of Vermlings stands between Rocky and those coins. A sad day for capitalism.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Rocky's deck is shuffled!
- AIR is now waning.

Car Hater you have only 1 card in hand at the moment, so if you want to act in the next Round, you'll have to drink your Stamina Potion, do a Short Rest or both!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 8, 2019

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
That must have been a typo, you got it right. Let's stamina potion up Provoking Roar and Skewer

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Literally trampled to death :laugh:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I forgot about the backup ammunition attack with Forceful Storm, that third disarm was nice.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Cool cool, looks like this is about wrapped up. I'm going to hang back and grind a little experience for now, but can loot the chest (and surrounding coins) whenever we're ready to move on.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Gloomhaven bosses frequently get stomped, but that seemed a little gratuitous!

Looks like this scenario is all over but the min/maxing. Just don't take the scouts for granted yet; you shouldn't have much trouble cleaning up and Splinter should be able to win alone if necessary, but they can still put the hurt on poisoned targets.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I have not received orders from one of our players yet - although the options are a bit limited; I would have took what was itt as an indication of intent, but it's one of those days where I forgot to turn on my remote my machine <.<

So the update will happen later this evening GMT!

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

That Italian Guy posted:

I have not received orders from one of our players yet - although the options are a bit limited; I would have took what was itt as an indication of intent, but it's one of those days where I forgot to turn on my remote my machine <.<

So the update will happen later this evening GMT!

Sorry, that's me again! In a different time zone this week.

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 7, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Car Hater posted:

Sorry, that's me again! In a different time zone this week.

No worries, I would have taken your thread post as a declaration of intent if I had remembered to turn on my remote machine today :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Diamond Mine Round 8A

- Bullwinkle uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Provoking Roar and Skewer

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded3, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 9 with Hostile Takeover and Empathetic Assault.

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"

"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"
Bullwinkle (Hand3, Discarded3, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 10 with Provoking Roar and Skewer.

code:
"PROVOKING ROAR (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - DISARM
BOT: Round bonus Any enemy who targets one of your adjacent allies with an attack this round targets you with that attack instead, regardless of the attack's range."

"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand3, Discarded3, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 46 with Opposing Strike and Crater.

46. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

code:
"OPPOSING STRIKE (46) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: Permanent Bonus - On the next six melee attacks targeting you, gain RETALIATE2 - Gain XP1 on 2nd, 4th and 6th trigger - LOSS"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Nice, nice. That should about do it. Just gotta hoover up some coins after this.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
So, hostile takeover the normal one and blow up the elites this turn?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I will merk #9 for sure (unless I whiff)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Well, if Rocky is using the printed bottom of Crater, they're going to auto-kill numbers 9 and 4 by moving to hex F3 since 4 will take both "all adjacent suffer 1" effects and 9 will take the second one. It might be better to put a hurt on 5 or 10? You could Skewer 10 and loot a coin?

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
I think I'll stun the normal one and hostile takeover elite #5 - as the only scout with full health, it seems the most likely to survive (plus then we could get rat-controlled rat-on-rat murder which is pretty fun)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

DarthRoblox posted:

I think I'll stun the normal one and hostile takeover elite #5 - as the only scout with full health, it seems the most likely to survive (plus then we could get rat-controlled rat-on-rat murder which is pretty fun)

That's true. Since the goal requires looting the chest, there's no chance of accidentally ending the scenario early by killing them all.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Diamond Mine Round 8B

- None!

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (bot)! Round Bonus active: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies. Targets Vermling Scout 5(E). Gains 2XP . LOSS card!
- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (top)! Attacks Vermling Scout 7 for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage! Gains 2XP . LOSS card!
Vermling Scout 7 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion, recovers Scurry and Feedback Loop.
ICE is now strong.

Vermling induced vermling-on-vermling violence inc!

- Bullwinkle uses Provoking Roar (bot)! Moves 1 to H2
- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Consumes AIR! Gains 1XP. Attacks Vermling Scout 5(E) for 3 (4base, -1mod, PIERCE1) damage!
Vermling Scout 5(E) is at 2 HP.
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

Bullwinkle gets ready to get slapped around for fun an profit.

46. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

- Rocky uses Crater (top)! Attacks Vermling Scout 9(E) for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Vermling Scout 9(E) is killed!
Backup Ammunition 2nd trigger! Gains 1XP. Attacks Vermling Scout 4(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 3 (3base, +1/+0 mod) damage!
Vermling Scout 4(E) is killed!
- Rocky uses Opposing Strike (bot)! Moves 2 to G3
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).
Rocky executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Crushing Grasp (loses 1HP to reroll Crater).
Rocky is at 2 HP.

And with this, the rat-on-rat violence can begin! Introducing first.... from the red corner. weighing 35 pounds... he hails from the Dagger Forest, and was rated by many, as the best pound for best boxer of the last decade. with 52 wins, 38 of them coming by the way of knockout, and only 4 defeats. he is the former light heavyweight champion OF THE WORLD, Vermling Scout 5(E)!

53. Vermling Scout 5(E), 10(Es) posted:

- Vermling Scout 5(E) focuses Vermling Scout 10(Es)! Attacks Vermling Scout 10(Es) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage.
Vermling Scout 10(Es) is killed!

...aaaand the challenger is down for the count!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- ICE is now waning.

Well this one went as well as it possibly could I guess :) Active players, please make sure to discuss with each others how many rounds you want to mess around before ending the Scenario and please send me orders for that many rounds! The following one is going to be the last update for this Scenario.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 8, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

I didn't go back and check all of the updates, but at least your last few part B updates have been titled Inox Encampment instead of Diamond Mine.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zack Ater posted:

I didn't go back and check all of the updates, but at least your last few part B updates have been titled Inox Encampment instead of Diamond Mine.

Ahahah good catch! I'll go over and fix them.

E: done. Not sure why I haven't set the spreadsheet to import the name of the scenario together with the Round number till now :doh:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 8, 2019

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
I'm going to go slow, but then hoover up everything around me and end the scenario if there's no objections?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Could I get a quick rest before deciding please, and don't let me lose Skewer.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Car Hater posted:

Could I get a quick rest before deciding please, and don't let me lose Skewer.

Sure thing!

Bullwinkle executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Spare Dagger.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

That Italian Guy posted:

Sure thing!

Bullwinkle executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Spare Dagger.

Excellent, gonna move away and land on another coin over to the right before Splinter ends things

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Diamond Mine Round Conclusion

- Bullwinkle executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Spare Dagger.
- Rocky should have lost 1HP for rerolling a lost card during a Short Rest last round.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Bullwinkle (Hand3, Discarded1, Active1, Lost5) is acting at initiative 10 with Provoking Roar and Skewer.
Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded3, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and Feedback Loop.
Rocky (Hand3, Discarded2, Active1, Lost5) is acting at initiative 38 with Earthen Clod and Crater.

The plan is to end this now!
Diamond Mine Round 9

- Bullwinkle uses Provoking Roar (top)! Attacks Vermling Scout 5(E) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Vermling Scout 5(E) is killed!
- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (bot)! Moves 3 to M3. Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

And so ends the reigning championship of Vermling Scout 5(E)...

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (top)! Discards The Mind's Weakness, gains 1XP.
- Master Splinter uses Scurry (bot)! LOOTS2 and gains 5 coin token and the Goal Treasure Tile!

That was some quality looting.

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (top)! No action taken!
- Rocky uses Crater (bot)! Moves 1 to I3.
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

With the overseer dead and the diamond in hand, you head back to Jekserah to claim your reward. Her bodyguards escort you inside the manor where you find her somehow different—more harrowed and grim.
“Wonderful.” She exchanges the diamond for a large purse full of coins. “This will serve beautifully as a focus for the incantations. I wonder if the cultists even knew what they had here. With this, I can summon an entire army of undead!”
She turns to you with a strange glint in her eye. “So then! Are you ready to overthrow the military of Gloomhaven and put control of the city into the hands of the Merchant’s Guild? (11) Or do you not have the stomach to effect real change?” (12)

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- Gloomhaven Square A (11)
- Gloomhaven Square B (12)
Global Achievement
- The Dead Invade
Scenario Rewards
+20 gold each
+1 prosperity
Victory Rewards
+6 XP

Prosperity is good, right? Especially since it means we have unlocked Prosperity Level 2! This means all the Level 2 Items have now been added to the Market Pool and that any new character we create can start at Level 2.

Full Item list with quantities also available in the Market Pool tab on the mobile friendly spreadsheet!

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario9
- Master Splinter: Diehard: never allow your current HP to drop below 4 for this Scenario.DarthRoblox has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Rocky: Masochist: your current HP must be equal or below 2 at the end of the Scenario.MarquiseMindfang has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Bullwinkle: Opener: be the first to kill an enemy during the Scenario.Car Hater has not managed to accomplish the Battle Goal!
Everyone catches up with Bullwikle, who was 1 checkmark ahead due to a +2 checkmarks reward in a previous scenario. Next perk for everyone is in 2 checkmarks.

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 2 are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=1 is worth 2 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +16XP. (New Total 62XP) and +36 gold (New Total 75 gold).
- Rocky:+14XP. (New Total 63XP) and +26 gold (New Total 49 gold).
- Bullwinkle:+17XP. (New Total 62XP) and +28 gold (New Total 28 gold).
That is one filthy rich rat-person :popeye:

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: no progress yet!
- Rocky: 2/4 (Bandit Commander, Merciless Overseer).
- Bullwinkle: 8/20 (Bandit Archer, Living Bones, Living Corpse, Inox Archer, Inox Shaman, Inox Guard, Vermling Scout, Merciless Overseer).
Updated Sheets

City Event 6 posted:

Well this may get awkward, one way or another...

I'm mixing things up a little bit with this update...I'll keep the voting open for the same amount of days, but I'll give people more time to vote on the economic choices and the next Scenario, since these are probably the most important things.
Let's discuss where our party should head to next, even if we don't need to leave immediately...
NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- We've found the location of the Clockwork Cove in a treasure chest in Scenario 1. As the name implies, we would face constructs, traps and puzzles. This is what we can expect from the Scenario:

- Snooping around in the pile of scrolls that Jekserah has sent us to recover, we've discovered the location of the picturesque Crypt of the Damned. If we want to learn more about this so called "Gloom", we'll have to face a bunch of Cultist, Undead and Elemental Demons!

- We may have decided that we like money. Jekserah has plenty of it and even if her methods are definitely not nice *cough* undeads *cough* the city may prosper under the lead of the Merchants. If we want to overthrow the current military junta and join Jekserah as partners, we can head to the Gloomhaven Square A. This is a BOSS Scenario and choosing this is incompatible with the next one in the list for obvious reasons. If we decide to choose this path, we may consider the undeads in this Scenario as allies:

- We may have be having second thoughts about Jekserah, no matter how much money she's thrown our way and into Gloomhaven's pockets in general. We will stand with the Militaristic junta against the undead and head to the Gloomhaven Square B: the City Guards may be bastards, but at least they are alive. This is a BOSS Scenario and choosing this is incompatible with the previous one in the list for obvious reasons. If we decide to choose this path, we may consider the Guards and Archers in this Scenario as allies:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario9
- City Event outcome, A or B!
- Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item and for whom; the current Market pool is available in screenshot format above and also HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
- Our Next Destination!

A big thank you to our players, DarthRoblox, MarquiseMindfang and Car Hater! Hope you had fun :) I'll reach out to Slaan, Phelddagrif and Gutter Owl to let them know they're up next.)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Mar 9, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
MVP = Brute for literally stomping the boss to death like Mario on a goomba. That was hilarious.

City Event: Option B. Get that money! We're firmly established assholes at this point.

Shopping: I vote that both Bullwinkle and Master Splinter should buy a Battle Axe. That thing owns. Cragheart should buy the Piercing Bow.

Next scenario: I vote 11. Full disclosure here, I've never played 11 so I'd like to see it. Also gently caress it let's go all-in on this bad guy thing.

Oh yeah and I agree with the poster below that if we do 11 or 12 we should all donate to the Sanctuary.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 9, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
MVP were those hounds. They were good dogs.

Option A. As hilariously dickish as Option B is, given the state the city is in, I doubt it has much in the way of valuables. Better to keep the people safe.

Shopping. I concur with Battle Axe for our Mindthief. However, I think Rocky should buy nothing. For one thing, much of his damage is "true" damage which ignores shields anyway, so the Piercing Bow is less useful than for, say, a Spellweaver. Also, there's a very, very useful purchase he'll be able to make relatively soon that costs a lot of gold, so it's a good idea to save up now.

Also, if we end up going to one of the boss scenarios next, then everyone should donate to the Sanctuary. Otherwise, get the Battle Axe for the Brute, too.

Next scenario. Either 11 or 12 is fine with me. (I don't envy That Italian Guy the bookkeeping he'll have to do for those!)

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Phelddagrif posted:

I don't envy That Italian Guy the bookkeeping he'll have to do for those!

I'm trying to set up a quick and dirty script that would allow me to input some values when prompted and print out the update <.<

E: I can already see this is not going to happen lol

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 9, 2019