Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I need to know Wark Says opinion on Scryed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy-- that's a name I haven't heard in forever. :corsair:

Gotta be real with you, I can't recall much of it since it's been a while since I last watched it. It's probably going to be one of those shows I'll rewatch during this year, since I see that it shares some staff with Code Geass(which I love to pieces) and since it's a battle anime, I probably got overly excited when first watching it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Holy-- that's a name I haven't heard in forever. :corsair:

Gotta be real with you, I can't recall much of it since it's been a while since I last watched it. It's probably going to be one of those shows I'll rewatch during this year, since I see that it shares some staff with Code Geass(which I love to pieces) and since it's a battle anime, I probably got overly excited when first watching it.
:hai:
I'm not actually sure why I like it so much, but it's always just stood out as a really good series to me, even though I'm not the biggest shounen fan. I'm not really surprised it's something most people either haven't watched or haven't thought about in years, though. It's just kind of inevitable, it seems.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I feel like brainwashing dude should get a month and a ban, not just a week. Like, if he had just made the original post it might be barely forgivable as (unfunny, unprovoked, and more than a little sick-headed) parody, but when another poster pointed out an obvious and severe moral failing in his idea, he responded with what can only be read as "it's acceptable, if regrettable, for lovely people to suffer sexual violence." No matter how many levels of irony he was on, that was an impossibly awful comment comment to make. In conclusion, gently caress this guy.

Creamed Cormp posted:

I dunno, even if what it takes to turn someone from some kind of women-hating, pro slavery incel into a decent person is brainwashing, the end results are still a huge positive.

just consider for a few seconds that we wouldn't be in this small hands cheetohman hellworld if it was possible to change the brain chemistry of some people for the better.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endorph posted:

for one thing i feel like shutting down people's 'threat processing parts of the brain' might have bad side effects, especially if you're talking about women!

Creamed Cormp posted:

let's try not to conflate chemically-induced political education with conversion therapy, because those are two very different things, TIA. Also you might want to check your definition of "torture".

then just don't use it on women unless they espouse alt-right/fascist/conservative points of views? that's not exactly rocket science

edit : anyway let's stop this derail now, I was just trying to show brainwashing gets a bad rep but could actually have positive outcomes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

afaik their only posts in this subforum have been inane troll poo poo like that so, definitely not hurting anything to keep that poo poo out as long as possible

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The dude's already spent like eight months on probation already and heck, I think you should help him hit that full year probation milestone.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just look at their rapsheet. They also never sincerely contribute or post anything funny, just the shitiest loving hot takes to try to bait people. They deserve a ban and probation for that kind of horseshit at this point.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I decided to go ahead with the week because I queued it almost immediately after getting the heads up on the aforementioned post, but rest assured that, had I known he'd be making as awful a comeback as he did, yeah, no questions asked: That's a month, if not a straight-up ban.

If you read this, Creamed Cormp: Get some professional help, because cheese knows you could use it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ban everyone with more than a few posts in that thread

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Wark Say posted:

I decided to go ahead with the week because I queued it almost immediately after getting the heads up on the aforementioned post, but rest assured that, had I known he'd be making as awful a comeback as he did, yeah, no questions asked: That's a month, if not a straight-up ban.
I mean, I don't see anything preventing you from asking for a month and/or a ban now. It's not even double jeopardy: he's less than a day into his probe.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You could just probe the followup post as well.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark I want to figure out how to use as many different smilies as possible. Can I/we make a list of smilies according to different situations?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Use :black101: for everything!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Wark I want to figure out how to use as many different smilies as possible. Can I/we make a list of smilies according to different situations?

When u post there’s a button you can press to see all of the smileys however if you use them for the sake of using them I will stomp you

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

When u post there’s a button you can press to see all of the smileys however if you use them for the sake of using them I will stomp you

:pram:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Most of them seem fairly straightforward? A few end up being used to convey the opposite, though, like :thumbsup:, which I thought was a friendly "Atta boy!" or "Well done, mate", but turns out most goons use it as a "Well done cocking it up as badly as you did, you arse" of sorts.

D. Ebdrup posted:

Use :black101: for everything!
drat straight. To be honest, though, :zoro: is almost as badass as the frosty, axe-wielding black-metal-smilie.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the bleeing cross-arms zoro smiley always looks like a wooden marionette whose paint is chipping off bad to me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reminds me of the marionette enemies from DMC...2?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
What we really need is a historical catalogue of how all the smilies came into being. Some of those are just incomprehensible.
:bunt:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Carpator Diei posted:

What we really need is a historical catalogue of how all the smilies came into being. Some of those are just incomprehensible.
:bunt:
You should venture outside of ADTRW more. :black101:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
♪ Bookmarked! ♫

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:jpmf:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

:thurman: is the only one you ever need.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

♪ Bookmarked! ♫

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

My god, it's beautiful...

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

:syoon:

Thank you :)

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I’m sad they got rid of :fyh:, which had the weirdest backstory possible. Bacon was involved.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Namtab posted:

There are actually more smileys, taken off that list, but still usable.

The Phantom Smileys

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

:iiasm:

I made this for the DitF thread. What a shame.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

paragon1 posted:

There are actually more smileys, taken off that list, but still usable.

The Phantom Smileys
It's insane how that one thread in QCS was sorta right... and I still wish there were more.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Never forget :crossange:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

littleorv posted:

Never forget :crossange:

I had until you posted this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GorfZaplen posted:

I had until you posted this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I am going to pretend that nobody posted that. Is that OK with everyone?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Its n ot ok. Acknowledge the post and become stronger for it. My power is derived from this.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Nobody uses smugbird enough on this forum

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
To be fair, it looks kinda meh. I mean, just look at it. :smugbird:

Kinda like how :cloud: doesn't really do much for a former Simpsons fan.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The true smilie tragedy is that there are so few uses for :newt:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wark say, opinion on this summary of a manga.

quote:

One day, a tiny girl named Shina appeared inside a roll of toilet paper in the Yamaguchi's residence toilet. She made a stunning impression on a typical middle school student, Nobuo.

"What if I use up all of the paper? Would I be able to see her... na... na... naked?!"

It's the beginning of a story about love, lust and... a sh*t ton of other adventures!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

wark say, opinion on this summary of a manga.

What’s the answer to the quoted question