Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

https://twitter.com/jkirchick/status/1102723346523934720

in "Western" Europe lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

from a multitude of failures. Now to quote other posters in this thread, shut the gently caress up hamprince

labour's calculation includes $2 billion in missed payments that east coast railways was planning to make, which would seem to assume that that entire part of the railway network became immediately unprofitable upon reverting to direct government control. i dont think that's true, but if it was it would be a good prelude to what's about to happen to the uk's entire trade policy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Just sick of this poo poo
Just loving sick
gently caress the libs

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

chris grayling accidentally sells the entire northeastern english railway network to european scrap metal merchants in exchange for a fleet of austrian navy transports

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

it’s amazing now this anti-Semitic bullshit is getting thrown around and signal boosted by the media simultaneously in the US and UK because of an evil Australian.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Der Meister posted:

it’s amazing now this anti-Semitic bullshit is getting thrown around and signal boosted by the media simultaneously in the US and UK because of an evil Australian.

I'm not sure if Murdoch created the AIPAC though

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It owns that criticizing Bibi is antisemitism but meanwhile in Israel he just got arrested on bribery and corruption charges

Self hating Jews I guess eh

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I assure you that thinking there is no connection whatsoever to this politician bribing everyone and a bunch of other people who have received money pledging undying loyalty to him. In fact, thinking that the bribing politician bribed people is racism.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com runs the washington post which is where that iceburn twitter article came from.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com runs the washington post which is where that iceburn twitter article came from.

actually according to the washington post's Fact Checker column bezos's ownership of the washington post and his role as CEO and largest shareholder of amazon are entirely unrelated

Mellomeh
Jun 12, 2006

Filboid Studge posted:

the bloomsbury ten thing was hysterical teenage vampire castle bullshit of the highest order, same pricks who were loudly happy when Mark Fisher died

yeah very hysterical to take issue with the bunch of scumbags who undermined an accountability process on behalf of their abusive friend

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Kurtofan posted:

Just sick of this poo poo
Just loving sick
gently caress the libs

One hour with a lib will turn any Social Democrat into a raging Maoist.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

I pray that someday our descendants will finally discover incontrovertible proof of the identity of The Real Antisemites

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
British goons are you still 24 days out from Brexit or is someone pulling the break lever on this train?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

they're all loving doomed

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

OhFunny posted:

British goons are you still 24 days out from Brexit or is someone pulling the break lever on this train?

It has been delayed till July(?)/indefinitely. Jupiter made some comments that he will not allow this delay, but everyone knows Jupiter is a joke

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
e

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1102741687896543237

Corbyn must apologize

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I pray that someday our descendants will finally discover incontrovertible proof of the identity of The Real Antisemites

It's you.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Mellomeh posted:

yeah very hysterical to take issue with the bunch of scumbags who undermined an accountability process on behalf of their abusive friend

cancellation culture is hosed up, stands in the way of rehabilitation for individuals, and is deliberately intended to undermine wider solidarity. if someone does bad things, there’s no necessity to allow them into left spaces, but deciding that anyone who once spoke to someone who thought that the original offender wasn’t all bad should be excommunicated is not how movements are built.

I want to explicitly recommend ‘Exiting the Vampire Castle’ by Mark Fisher to anyone itt who hasn’t read it, but the version on opendemocracy is down, maybe because it’s in a book now. anyway it was true and the hoo-hah it caused in 2013 is just as relevant

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Filboid Studge posted:

cancellation culture is hosed up, stands in the way of rehabilitation for individuals, and is deliberately intended to undermine wider solidarity. if someone does bad things, there’s no necessity to allow them into left spaces, but deciding that anyone who once spoke to someone who thought that the original offender wasn’t all bad should be excommunicated is not how movements are built.

I want to explicitly recommend ‘Exiting the Vampire Castle’ by Mark Fisher to anyone itt who hasn’t read it, but the version on opendemocracy is down, maybe because it’s in a book now. anyway it was true and the hoo-hah it caused in 2013 is just as relevant

It's specifically designed to be exploitable by the richest, loudest sociopath who can set the narrative and gather a horde of sycophants.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

how many people gotta call you an rear end in a top hat before you decide it's all a conspiracy by capital. I'm being gangstalked by people who refuse to laugh at my jokes

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

how many people gotta call you an rear end in a top hat before you decide it's all a conspiracy by capital. I'm being gangstalked by people who refuse to laugh at my jokes

I didn't know you were Hamprince.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

What's gonna be real interesting is what happens after labour wins the next GE. The AS stuff is red meat to people who already hate Corbyn but I'm not sure the public at large either buys it or cares.

So once Corbyn is PM I wanna see what all these people calling him Hitler are gonna do.. Continue doing so for his entire 15 year reign I guess

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Hentai Jihadist posted:

What's gonna be real interesting is what happens after labour wins the next GE. The AS stuff is red meat to people who already hate Corbyn but I'm not sure the public at large either buys it or cares.

So once Corbyn is PM I wanna see what all these people calling him Hitler are gonna do.. Continue doing so for his entire 1000 year reign I guess

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Hentai Jihadist posted:

So once Corbyn is PM I wanna see what all these people calling him Hitler are gonna do.. Continue doing so for his entire 15 year reign I guess

Hope springs eternal, does it?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hentai Jihadist posted:

The legit same thing that the American far-right did with Obama, which is to claim that every single action he does is the action of a extremely far-left malevolent dictator and tyrant.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Remember that the British press is legally required to simmer down the spin and give all candidates equal airtime in the week leading up to a general election, iirc, and it's during that time that Corbyn's approval skyrocketed in the last one. The media goes through a ton of effort to silence leftists to prevent people from finding out their policies. (unless of course they're Fox News and have drank too much of their own kool-aid)

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

personally i was leaning towards the Nazis but I’m also highly suspicious of the Marijuana Party. no one likes weed that much. they’re hiding something

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Remember that the British press is legally required to simmer down the spin and give all candidates equal airtime in the week leading up to a general election, iirc, and it's during that time that Corbyn's approval skyrocketed in the last one. The media goes through a ton of effort to silence leftists to prevent people from finding out their policies. (unless of course they're Fox News and have drank too much of their own kool-aid)

It may be that I'm a cynical American but laws only matter if your prosecuted for breaking them. What's stopping the media from breaking it to prop up another Tory government? Wouldn't the government just ignore it in that instance?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

It may be that I'm a cynical American but laws only matter if your prosecuted for breaking them. What's stopping the media from breaking it to prop up another Tory government? Wouldn't the government just ignore it in that instance?

Not really sure why this line has got so popular in Labour circles tbh, I didn't see any moderation of the attack lines and Labour's jump in the polls (e:in the last election) is much more likely to be due to them having loads of members who come out and campaign in that period (Tory members tend to be too few and too old for concerted doorknocking campaigns). Even if it was true last time when they'd all convinced themselves he'd win a negative number of voters, the odds the British political class will deal honestly with a leftist who might actually win are zero

Obliterati has issued a correction as of 14:59 on Mar 5, 2019

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Nothing and almost certainly.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

yesterday a union leader from the french customs administration posted a picture of the future offices that are being built to accommodate for brexit

https://mobile.twitter.com/vincentTHOMAZO/status/1102626373833818117

this is the answer from the french director general of customs

https://mobile.twitter.com/gintz/status/1102665484116418560

"the offices will be ready for march 29th. the works are on schedule"

lmbo

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
stoked for the live action Threads remake in a few weeks

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

stoked for the live action Threads remake in a few weeks

They should be so lucky to be wiped out in a nuclear exchange. Brexit is gonna be more like Crossed.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

Hope springs eternal, does it?

in terms of the UK's future im incredibly pessimistic

in terms of Labour's GE chances i'm way more hopeful than I was last time round lol

I went into 2017 ready for may's 100 seat majority.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Remember that the British press is legally required to simmer down the spin and give all candidates equal airtime in the week leading up to a general election, iirc, and it's during that time that Corbyn's approval skyrocketed in the last one.

yes but this relies on

A) them not noticing that happened (everyone noticed that happened)
B) not deciding to do it anyway and eating some fines and zero real consequences

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
look at that bio lol

https://twitter.com/samwshenton/status/1102709032924708866

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

the man deserves to retire before he’s 90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!

Filboid Studge posted:

shut the gently caress up nerd