Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

remember back when team centrists biggest knock on the left was we did too much purity testing

I submit now, as a good time, to remember that

My grammar is the purest, debase yourself before me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I just want to point out how incredibly insane it is that the current administration is jumping on the “Democrats want to abort babies after they’re born” bullshit.

At this rate, they will by the end of the year literally claim that dems caused 9/11. As in, “the Democratic Party funded the terrorists” literally.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Lightning Knight posted:

My grammar is the purest

A southerner bragging about their family line, said in a southern accent.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Nonsense posted:

Ultimately Pelosi can’t strip Omar of her positions without looking really lovely and old.

should be happening any day now then

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You know the conservative argument that racism doesn't exist anymore and that accusations of racism are just used to silence people? Yeah.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
EVERYONE LOVES ME YOU GUYS!!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1102935743377403905

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

I just want to point out how incredibly insane it is that the current administration is jumping on the “Democrats want to abort babies after they’re born” bullshit.

At this rate, they will by the end of the year literally claim that dems caused 9/11. As in, “the Democratic Party funded the terrorists” literally.

Didn't they accuse Bill Clinton of that back in 2001?

E:
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1064540462848098304

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 5, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

pacerhimself posted:

You know the conservative argument that racism doesn't exist anymore and that accusations of racism are just used to silence people? Yeah.

Talia Lavin, a Jewish author, tweeted recently talking about how she’s afraid cynical weaponization of antisemitism by the right and center against criticisms of Israel would make young people conclude antisemitism doesn’t really exist and I think about that tweet a lot.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Your Taint posted:

EVERYONE LOVES ME YOU GUYS!!

Everyone he cares about loves him, checks out. Everyone else (a majority of the country) can go gently caress themselves.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Lightning Knight posted:

Talia Lavin, a Jewish author, tweeted recently talking about how she’s afraid cynical weaponization of antisemitism by the right and center against criticisms of Israel would make young people conclude antisemitism doesn’t really exist and I think about that tweet a lot.

For a lot of these folks I don't think it's purely cynical; I think at least some of them genuinely don't comprehend a distinction between antisemitism and opposition to the actions of the Israeli state.

Which is kindof a problem to be expected when you have a state explicitly founded on an ethnic identity :shrug:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Nobody tell him that it was in the UK where they have socialized medicine. Also he's citing a story in the Fake News Enemy of the People New York Times.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1102922327942139904

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

For a lot of these folks I don't think it's purely cynical; I think at least some of them genuinely don't comprehend a distinction between antisemitism and opposition to the actions of the Israeli state.

Which is kindof a problem to be expected when you have a state explicitly founded on an ethnic identity :shrug:

Nah they are purely cynical.

And you can tell, for example, what do they think about opposition to the actions of the Islamic Republic

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I mean there’s also what’s going on in Britain with Labour. It’s pretty cynical lol.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1102937311711584256

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

VitalSigns posted:

Didn't they accuse Bill Clinton of that back in 2001?

E:
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1064540462848098304

This reminds of the hilarity of Giuliani's 2008 presidential campaign. Qualifications: Married his cousin, Mayor of NYC, and...only mayor in the history of NYC under which terrorists bombed the World Trade Center...twice.

Then in one of his Trump stump speeches three years ago he said straight faced that the US never had to worry about Middle Eastern terrorist attacks before Obama. Of all the people you'd expect to "never forget." :laffo:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Before Obama was elected to Illinois State House, he meant. That's when it all went downhill

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Ogmius815 posted:

I like AOC too but this is just as dumb as “people like Trump because he doesn’t give a poo poo about what’s happening in the real world of facts. His bullshit is so authentic!”

Expect more from your politicians.

Is this in response to the loving typo lollllll

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Note, this is a poll of CPAC, specifically. Not even a real poll.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Before Obama was elected to Illinois State House, he meant. That's when it all went downhill

Obviously it’s before Obama was born, because Obama is the real Great Satan. 666, 420, etc.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Ahahaha, you're making GBS threads me. Someone even asked this in the Twitter thread.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Casey Finnigan posted:

Oh boy here come the parade of takes calling AOC antisemitic for these tweets from the big boy class of very smart analysts.

Every time I read the comments I regret it. I don't know how AOC stays on her game when 90% of the replies are drunk uncles and "jewish allies" tweeting glorified hate speech or telling her to sit down because she's too new.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Hemorrhaging money so the POTUS can notice they're doing a business in his hotels.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Really looking forward to Democratic leadership denouncing that Trump staffer calling Omar filth. Calling out the GOP's Islamophobia against her is something they are going to do right?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Every time I read the comments I regret it. I don't know how AOC stays on her game when 90% of the replies are drunk uncles and "jewish allies" tweeting glorified hate speech or telling her to sit down because she's too new.

I 100% guarantee you she mutes her tweets when she makes them and has a social media intern point out any good replies worth responding to or signal boosting.

AOC is a congresswoman now. She has staff. She doesn’t do everything on her own nor should she have to.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Who are the 7% of people at CPAC that don't approve of his majesty?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lightning Knight posted:

Obviously it’s before Obama was born, because Obama is the real Great Satan. 666, 420, etc.

It is true that Obama was born June 6, 1966, at 4:20 am

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

KickerOfMice posted:

Steve King, Richard Spencer, and David Duke didn’t think he was Nazi enough and gave the thumbs down.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

KickerOfMice posted:

The press

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sorry founders of America; you hosed up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

KickerOfMice posted:

The Chapo dudes.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Welp, last night I had a dream that I went on a date with AOC. Point and laugh at me as is right and just

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Lol the corruption is so insanely naked. Reminder that Nikki Haley recently got a job on the Boeing board of directors after giving them hundreds of millions in tax breaks.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

big boi posted:

Welp, last night I had a dream that I went on a date with AOC. Point and laugh at me as is right and just

I ain't laughing. Where'd you go? :v:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

big boi posted:

Something you could've done instead of posting this is not doing that

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Axetrain posted:

Really looking forward to Democratic leadership denouncing that Trump staffer calling Omar filth. Calling out the GOP's Islamophobia against her is something they are going to do right?

Start calling them nonstop and maybe it will happen. Do nothing, and reap nothing.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Encouraged to see a major paper running an article like this.

Ilhan Omar’s Criticism Raises the Question: Is Aipac Too Powerful?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

big boi posted:

WHY. WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1102941731627192322

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Last night I dreamed I went to an aol chat room with Anthony Wiener.

It was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Last night I dreamed I went to an aol chat room with Anthony Wiener.

It was pretty good

That Carlos Danger is a sweet talker, lemme tell you