Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MilesK posted:

Somebody's definitely had lust on their mind

And people said introducing female models into the game would unleash a torrent of creepy poo poo! Just more FUD for the pile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

MilesK posted:

Somebody's definitely had lust on their mind

This one made me vomit in my mouth a little bit.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

"This game requires no gameboard because the action takes place in your imagination."

Correct.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits
Every time I consider asking what the gently caress is wrong with that AdzAdama guy, I realize that 1. The answer could be far worse than I could possibly want to know, and 2. I don’t really care.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

How do you stream snipe in a game with no objectives or content though

"Aha! I stopped you from pretending to do things, briefly!"

Briefly? Killing him knocks him out of the action for at least 30 mins. He will have to gather everyone back together and then go on another 30 minute shouting session to cover up the fact that they are having to travel back to the objective again.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Peter.Quint posted:

Meanwhile in Rex's stream...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390469849?t=51m45s

That's his second crash in just the bit I watched. Lmao.

"I helped out the team so much on that, they couldn't have done it without me"

So modest!

What amazes me (or not) is how many ships he has and credits. He lost his ship due to the crash, no problem, just file a claim and expedite it because loads of credits.

Once again, totally unrepresentative of how the average peon will play the game.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

G0RF posted:

They do kill people who aren’t identified players in the LARP when encountered. They’re pretty serious about protecting the mission from “hostiles.”

TBH he’s a great stream sniper target, so why not.

Is this doable? Is there possible trolling oportunities in this game now?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Is this doable? Is there possible trolling oportunities in this game now?

I mean... sort of? Mostly not in the game proper, because everything is just so far apart and so loving stupid. But Rex's streams are ripe for it. I spent about half my time packed into a dropship with 20 other idiots and a couple grenades could have killed us all (y'know... if they worked) and made him start the whole thing over.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Omg. :3:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean... sort of? Mostly not in the game proper, because everything is just so far apart and so loving stupid. But Rex's streams are ripe for it. I spent about half my time packed into a dropship with 20 other idiots and a couple grenades could have killed us all (y'know... if they worked) and made him start the whole thing over.

Is there any way to even identify people in-game? I think you have to be in a squad to even see names, right?

Seems like it would be extremely easy to anonymously suicide bomb these outings

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Ok. If they want to LARP on stream, keeping an eye out for hostiles. Let's give them some hostiles.

Are there many servers, or just one?

*edit* Actually let's use the offsite forums to plan our attack.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 5, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Is there any way to even identify people in-game? I think you have to be in a squad to even see names, right?

I don't think so. I think I remember reading something about how you shouldn't have names over peoples' heads for immersion. If there is one in game it's not working right now, you can see the names of your party but nobody who isn't grouped up with you. At one point we had a "no name" guy in the dropship with us and Rex was freaking out and everyone was pointing guns at him, ready to execute him, but he finally came on voice going "no it's me it's me I just didn't get a party invite!" and disaster was averted.

Another time, someone accidentally dropped a grenade while we were running up a hill, and nobody died but it took like ten minutes trying to figure out who dropped it. The guy ultimately fessed up, said it was an accident, and was executed for his failure. If you actually wanted to do something to disrupt his stream I think it would be kind of tricky, mostly because grenades seem to do gently caress-all about 60% of the time, and usually the servers he plays in are either full or close to full. Also, we quit back to the main screen after every 'op' so that we could spin up a fresh server and all join together. Literally every 20 minutes or so they basically server hop to maintain stability.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

How long has this been going on now? 7? 8 years? Is there an end game for Chris Roberts?

We've got fractal grifts now, where grifters are using the grift to grift.

CitizenConned
Mar 3, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Mendrian posted:

How long has this been going on now? 7? 8 years? Is there an end game for Chris Roberts?

We've got fractal grifts now, where grifters are using the grift to grift.
Did some research.
Development started last year.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

Literally every 20 minutes or so they basically server hop to maintain stability.

It's the Gamescom 2017 "fully playable" public demo all over again :v:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
sitting at the Houston airport, with star citIzen on my mind

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the loving texmex here was loving insanely good y'all btw

meanwhile I have slept 2 hours in 3 days because of how stressful these meetings were

but I'm drinking wine and posting in the star citIzen thread again

also lol that anthem got console certified and it bricks loving consoles

Sq42 coming to consoles motherfuckers

I can't wait

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't think so. I think I remember reading something about how you shouldn't have names over peoples' heads for immersion. If there is one in game it's not working right now, you can see the names of your party but nobody who isn't grouped up with you. At one point we had a "no name" guy in the dropship with us and Rex was freaking out and everyone was pointing guns at him, ready to execute him, but he finally came on voice going "no it's me it's me I just didn't get a party invite!" and disaster was averted.

Another time, someone accidentally dropped a grenade while we were running up a hill, and nobody died but it took like ten minutes trying to figure out who dropped it. The guy ultimately fessed up, said it was an accident, and was executed for his failure. If you actually wanted to do something to disrupt his stream I think it would be kind of tricky, mostly because grenades seem to do gently caress-all about 60% of the time, and usually the servers he plays in are either full or close to full. Also, we quit back to the main screen after every 'op' so that we could spin up a fresh server and all join together. Literally every 20 minutes or so they basically server hop to maintain stability.

You could just crash an aurora into whatever ship he's commanding right?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

This sounds like the most tedious horseshit on earth, I'm not surprised that citizens are lined up around the block to do it.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

You could just crash an aurora into whatever ship he's commanding right?

They fixed that years ago, your aurora will just bounce off and explode

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
A new video analyzing CI!G's financials, it's pretty in-depth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EIOuqh0J6w

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Agony Aunt posted:

"I helped out the team so much on that, they couldn't have done it without me"

So modest!

What amazes me (or not) is how many ships he has and credits. He lost his ship due to the crash, no problem, just file a claim and expedite it because loads of credits.

Once again, totally unrepresentative of how the average peon will play the game.

I don't know, man. I've been watching that Rex stream literally laughing out loud - it's a total disaster. It keeps crashing and even Rex has some critical words for Star Citizen. I think he's beginning to understand what he's signed up for.

Listen to this:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390469849?t=4h39m15s

F IN THE CHAT.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Deadguy2322 posted:

Every time I consider asking what the gently caress is wrong with that AdzAdama guy, I realize that 1. The answer could be far worse than I could possibly want to know, and 2. I don’t really care.

My understanding has been that mentally ill nerds isolated in rural Australia are just as hosed up, if not more, than in rural USA. Though I haven't doxxed him enough to know if this is actually his situation.

Sometimes I like to think it's some sort of goon troll as he only has like one photo of himself and seems to follow thread themes (who the gently caress but goons are still reading :lesnick:'s twitter?)... but after almost 5 years of non-stop art it's hard to imagine this isn't authentic lunacy.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

TheAgent posted:

the loving texmex here was loving insanely good y'all btw

meanwhile I have slept 2 hours in 3 days because of how stressful these meetings were

but I'm drinking wine and posting in the star citIzen thread again

also lol that anthem got console certified and it bricks loving consoles

Sq42 coming to consoles motherfuckers

I can't wait

Press 'F' to delete your user folder

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
press f for bioware's bloated shitcorpse

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
https://reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/axmzq8/what_a_game/

I expected my sarcastic comment to get downvoted insanely fast in the sc reddit, but no. :rimshot:
Even the sc regulars are bored of all the screenshots eventually

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
you can taste it since last year, really

that salty taste of impending loving doom, which in this case means a salty explosion of release from CIG

it's seriously a loving dire situation there and has been for years but the "uhhhhh my God we need this done when" taste is deffo in the soup as a main ingreidiant right now

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Peter.Quint posted:

I don't know, man. I've been watching that Rex stream literally laughing out loud - it's a total disaster. It keeps crashing and even Rex has some critical words for Star Citizen. I think he's beginning to understand what he's signed up for.

I figured it couldn't take too long before the weight of it started to crush even the most purchased spirits

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sarsapariller posted:

That ship is the Vanduul Glaive. It is the "Medium" fighter for the Kilrathi-analogue race that does not actually exist in the game, but you can buy replicas of their ships.

It costs 350 actual US dollars

It’s pretty.

It also didn’t cost Rexzilla jack or poo poo. Looking at him scroll through the list of ships he owned was something else.

But why not? It’s good promotion for CI not G , and it costs them nothing.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

AlbieQuirky posted:

It’s pretty.

It also didn’t cost Rexzilla jack or poo poo. Looking at him scroll through the list of ships he owned was something else.

But why not? It’s good promotion for CI not G , and it costs them nothing.

I just like to reflect sometimes on how even the simplest thing in the game, like a gun or a tank, costs literally 7 times the price of an actual fully realized AAA game

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Tax

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tax is due at the top of the page, not the bottom.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

[move tax to top of page]

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sarsapariller posted:

I just like to reflect sometimes on how even the simplest thing in the game, like a gun or a tank, costs literally 7 times the price of an actual fully realized AAA game
It's important to always come back on that and remember: This is the stupidest loving poo poo in gaming. It's the dumbest, just the most fuckwitted bullshit made by idiots and shysters.

Your posts about it are good, though, so there's that.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Also the gun doesn't work but is just a model of a gun, the tank doesn't work and is just a jpeg of a tank, there are no designs or in-game mechanics to use either of them properly (or at all) and there are no plans to design it, nor coding expertise to create it even if it was designed. Just normal day-to-day for a totally real game development studio that was in no way just Chris Roberts throwing a few hundred million at buildings, staff, and infrastructure.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Rex is back to his normal streaming numbers and he still has the most absurd "viewer" to chatter ratio on twitch

A fake community for a fake game is poetic, like a Kid Rock song

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

It's important to always come back on that and remember: This is the stupidest loving poo poo in gaming. It's the dumbest, just the most fuckwitted bullshit made by idiots and shysters.

“Hold our beer”
- Bioware, EA, etc.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cool Buff Man posted:

Rex is back to his normal streaming numbers and he still has the most absurd "viewer" to chatter ratio on twitch

A fake community for a fake game is poetic, like a Kid Rock song

You just don't understand twitch development.

Why don't you take a break and come back in a couple years?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sarsapariller posted:

They force people to join one of two squads before they set out. Anyone without a name is deemed a threat. That’s how this uninvited guest got executed.

Baldness
Dec 1, 2017

Scruffpuff posted:

Also the gun doesn't work but is just a model of a gun, the tank doesn't work and is just a jpeg of a tank, there are no designs or in-game mechanics to use either of them properly (or at all) and there are no plans to design it, nor coding expertise to create it even if it was designed. Just normal day-to-day for a totally real game development studio that was in no way just Chris Roberts throwing a few hundred million at buildings, staff, and infrastructure.

It is a Tonk not a Tank.

Still doesn't work though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

G0RF posted:

They force people to join one of two squads before they set out. Anyone without a name is deemed a threat. That’s how this uninvited guest got executed.

I like how while the rogue commando was being shot they were talking about kewl mil-sim bro poo poo in the background like MRE's. LOL if you like 2,000 calories of the shittiest carbohydrates know to mankind and days of constipation while a brick moves through your bowels, than go for it.

Like I'm not some sort of gatekeeper for who can talk about the military, I don't really care, its just a job and I joined for the most selfish reasons possible. But poo poo man, find some better aspect of the military to fetishize.