Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Look at this. LOOK AT THIS. Explain this to me. Why does this exist?

edit: Also this one has to be a trace of a X-Men cover right. Might as well shorten Beast Boy's name to Beast

Madkal fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That ain't too bad for Rob.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

That ain't too bad for Rob.

Batman has no right leg

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Madkal posted:

Batman has no right leg

It was transplanted into Beast Boy's left arm.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Madkal posted:

edit: Also this one has to be a trace of a X-Men cover right. Might as well shorten Beast Boy's name to Beast

That's EXTREMELY reserved for Liefield. I'm kind of impressed.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 1, 2019

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Madkal posted:

Batman has no right leg

I think it’s supposed to be covered by the cape, but it’s still pretty lol

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I love Liefeld. I really do. It's so bad, but the dude loves doing it. He's like the Ed Wood of comicdom. Batman's missing leg has been noted, but based on the leg positioning, it looks to me like it's sticking out at a weird angle, possibly up to 90 degrees (and then disappearing).

catlord fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 1, 2019

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Looks like Bruce has been hitting the Bat-HGH a little hard there.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I respect how Liefeld toys with beauty conventions by having Superman have a smaller waistline than Wonder Woman. Also Supes concaving six pack.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kyle and Donna are on a team? Do they bring up their romance?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Madkal posted:

Liefields Superman looks like he stuffed a cantaloupe down his super pants

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Madkal posted:

Batman has no right leg

Right, there's only one missing limb. Like he said, that's not too bad for Rob.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm actually kinda impressed at the restraint as well, save for scans image John's receding hairline

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1102392381209485313?s=19

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hell yeah

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Has this gotten better yet?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

No.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

😔

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

After what point? Cause the Catwoman courtship stuff was excellent, no matter how it ended.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

Teenage Fansub posted:

After what point? Cause the Catwoman courtship stuff was excellent, no matter how it ended.

I gave up on the title around The War of Jokes and Riddles. I want to know if King got better with it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The best issues are right after there. I say give it a shot till the wedding, maybe skipping the Poison Ivy and Booster Gold stories. At least get to Annual #2 and the double date issues (36+37) which are really great.
Catwoman's post-wedding series is good.

edit: Also Batman/Elmer Fudd if you haven't read it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 5, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The double date is good. The Booster Gold issues are really bad.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I thought the War of Jokes and Riddles was one of the best Batman arcs I'd read in a long while.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
War of Jokes and Riddles did some interesting things (Bruce having Riddler and Joker over for dinner to try make a peace deal was an interesting concept for an issue) but it did that annoying thing I hate where modern writers take villains and make them homicidal maniacs with body counts in the hundreds. I didn't mind the idea of the gang war between Riddler and Joker but for me Riddler should be about stupid riddles and heists and trying to prove he is smarter than everyone, but now he is on a Joker level body count.
Anyway, that's my gripe. The courting stuff post WoJaR is really good (date night being the peak) and it just makes issue #50 really bad because of how good the build up was. The stuff post #50 has been pretty solid but soooooo slow moving. We are currently in an arc where Bruce is experiencing nightmare after nightmare after nightmare without much pay off, and would honestly read better as a trade than single issue because it is the same thing down 6 times over.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Madkal posted:

Anyway, that's my gripe. The courting stuff post WoJaR is really good (date night being the peak) and it just makes issue #50 really bad because of how good the build up was. The stuff post #50 has been pretty solid but soooooo slow moving. We are currently in an arc where Bruce is experiencing nightmare after nightmare after nightmare without much pay off, and would honestly read better as a trade than single issue because it is the same thing down 6 times over.

pretty sure we're only three issues into it

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Doomsday Clock #9 leaked pages.

https://imgur.com/a/49xo7j6

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'll just hide myself under this here rock till it's out on Comixology in twelve hours.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is that... is that Batcow hidden in the lower right of the bat group? This book may just be good after all.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

Teenage Fansub posted:

The best issues are right after there. I say give it a shot till the wedding, maybe skipping the Poison Ivy and Booster Gold stories. At least get to Annual #2 and the double date issues (36+37) which are really great.
Catwoman's post-wedding series is good.

edit: Also Batman/Elmer Fudd if you haven't read it.

Okay. Batman/Elmer Fudd is amazing. I'm personally not a big fan on skipping through stories. I'll pass. I'll read Detective instead, especially since Tomasi is writing for it now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Alpha Centarian?!? Who dug that dude up!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Is that... is that Batcow hidden in the lower right of the bat group? This book may just be good after all.

Oh my god, it is!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I am not spoilering Firehawk being in those panels because I figure no-one but me has cared about Firehawk being in a comicbook since the early 2000s.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'll just hide myself under this here rock till it's out on Comixology in twelve hours.

I.. err. You got any room under that rock for another?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Is that Guy Gardner in the page with John and Hal and Jessica? HiC nonsense averted?

If the actual explanation for "why have none of the DC heroes been dealing with the poo poo in Doomsday Clock" is going to be "they were just in space and stuff" I stg I will whine about it so much

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The perfect balance between Frank's artwork and John's writing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The perfect balance between Frank's artwork and John's writing.

:drat:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Mr Hootington posted:

Alpha Centarian?!? Who dug that dude up!

Centurion (just to be admittedly pedantic). But seriously, seeing him just brought a flood of triangle numbered issues back into my brain. I'm amazed even one other person knew immediately who that was.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

War of Jokes and Riddles did some interesting things (Bruce having Riddler and Joker over for dinner to try make a peace deal was an interesting concept for an issue) but it did that annoying thing I hate where modern writers take villains and make them homicidal maniacs with body counts in the hundreds. I didn't mind the idea of the gang war between Riddler and Joker but for me Riddler should be about stupid riddles and heists and trying to prove he is smarter than everyone, but now he is on a Joker level body count.

You can blame Snyder for riddler having such a high body count due to year zero

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Who is the orange guy with a black tank top with a star on it? In those doomsday clock spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

More Doomsday Clock #9 spoilers.