Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Titans seems to be he the least afraid DC thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Titans seems to be he the least afraid DC thing.

It's so much fun and I can't wait to see them gently caress poo poo up next season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

It's so much fun and I can't wait to see them gently caress poo poo up next season.

Yup. Supeboy and Wonder Girl? Totally not afraid to exist in a world where Superheroes are a thing, but not necessarily involved in everything? Hell ya!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Yup. Supeboy and Wonder Girl? Totally not afraid to exist in a world where Superheroes are a thing, but not necessarily involved in everything? Hell ya!

I have one ep to go but I've already been spoiler on Superboy. Also one of the wardrobe people leaked pics of Starfire and Wonder Girl in costume so this Conor Leslie fanboy thing is getting pretty out of hand. Who knew that tv Donna would be so great?

Edit: Look at how glorious this is

https://youtu.be/2gTGya7-VPY?t=103

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 1, 2019

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Opening scene for tonight's Doom Patrol episode "Puppet Patrol."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSLXu576mnw

The Chief is messy, Neg Man likes to sleep on girders (but not Larry), and Cyborg can't stop reliving that night of the explosion.

Bonus: 1st scene.. road trip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8GDKx1wko0

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 1, 2019

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Puppet Patrol was focused on Larry, but there are indications everyone will eventually get to shine.

Cyborg's dad is a dick.

It's always Nazis.

Something pretty great at the end.. one of the Doom Patrol's oldest foes..

The All New Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man!

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 2, 2019

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Binary Badger posted:

Puppet Patrol was focused on Larry, but there are indications everyone will eventually get to shine.

Cyborg's dad is a dick.

It's always Nazis.

Something pretty great at the end.. one of the Doom Patrol's oldest foes..

The All New Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man!

Yeah that was a hell of a closing scene. I'm not sure it's exactly what he wanted but I'm happy for Steve.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Veotax posted:

Trailer for season two of The Tick finally dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuw-x0WyouY

April 5

Yes, it's the right kind of silly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Luke Perry died of a stroke today.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Rip bf from Buffy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Rip bf from Buffy

I think you mean RIP Archie's Dad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Rip guy from 90210

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
RIP Krusty's half brother

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
RIP Ponce de Leon

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Rip guy from the first five minutes of fifth element who inexplicably has their name in the title cards

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Rip guy from the first five minutes of fifth element who inexplicably has their name in the title cards

Studio Exec: "Hmm, how do we get girls to go see this insane film?"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bruce Willis just ain't cuttin it anymore i guess

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, he was a hot young actor in 1997 with a huge teen following.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Also contracts will often have clauses demanding specific billing in the credits or on promotional material regardless of their actual role in a film.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Arrow has officially jumped the shark. I can buy all the magical stuff, the amazing fighters, Diaz being invincible, but I cannot accept a tape hidden in a Rubik's cube that requires solving it a certain way without breaking it.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

Arrow has officially jumped the shark. I can buy all the magical stuff, the amazing fighters, Diaz being invincible, but I cannot accept a tape hidden in a Rubik's cube that requires solving it a certain way without breaking it.

I too was more upset about that then I should've been. Also the line that immediately followed, "I think it's an audio cassette tape!"

:negative:

Why do I still watch this poo poo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Medullah posted:

That feels perfectly comic booky

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheDK posted:

Also the line that immediately followed, "I think it's an audio cassette tape!"

What, you don't think future kids will be mystified by our bizarre old technology?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm impressed they even know the word "cassette."

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TwoPair posted:

What, you don't think future kids will be mystified by our bizarre old technology?

I think there was a commercial, or show or something that pretty much proposed exactly that. I want to say it had something to do with a kid asking "what's a computer?" or something like that, with the implication being that kids only use phones and tablets these days. Clearly what ever it was, it was written by a goddamned alien who had just landed on Earth for the first time. And then greenlit, shot, and approved by several more similar aliens.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I'm impressed they even know the word "cassette."

Oh it definitely had this dialogue
"What's that?"
"I think it's a small cassette tape."
"What's a cassette tape?"
"My grandparents had one in their answering machine"
"What's an answering machine?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

I think there was a commercial, or show or something that pretty much proposed exactly that. I want to say it had something to do with a kid asking "what's a computer?" or something like that, with the implication being that kids only use phones and tablets these days. Clearly what ever it was, it was written by a goddamned alien who had just landed on Earth for the first time. And then greenlit, shot, and approved by several more similar aliens.

I mean clearly that's an egregious example but there are kids now and there will definitely be kids in the future who don't know what a cassette is.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ToastyPotato posted:

It was apple and it is pretentious

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

It was an ad for iPads. Some kid was like taking photos and drawing and doing schoolwork on one and then an adult says "watcha doing on your computer?" and the kid says "What's a computer?"

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

That's even more hilarious considering Apple still makes computer hardware and software.

TwoPair posted:

I mean clearly that's an egregious example but there are kids now and there will definitely be kids in the future who don't know what a cassette is.

Eventually, sure, and I am sure there are probably a portion of kids who don't know what it is as well, but considering that most media is currently being made by people who, A: Remember stuff from 20-30 years ago and B: Are capitalizing hardcore on those memories right now, it should be safe to assume any kid growing up today who consumes mass media will grow up learning about the stuff and should be aware of things. Assuming they don't come from some kind of broken home where they never speak to the adults in their families or who elder family members no longer have any possessions older than the youngest child. Or they grow up in one of those weird hippy houses where TV and computers are banned despite the parents having benefited from access to those things their whole lives.

I mean, I grew up in a time where it was a lot harder to get information, and I still ended up being familiar with 8-track tapes, despite us not even having a single one in our home. There's some stuff you just learn through absorption so I find it extra funny that the media keeps trying to float this weird kind of ignorance as a normal and possibly endearing thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

As long as people who don't have thousands of dollars to drop on a whim still need to write more than a couple sentences at a time there'll still be netbooks and whatnot. the 40% of Americans who couldn't afford a surprise $400 dollar expense aren't buying their fifth grader an iPad and keyboard attachment.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Skwirl posted:

As long as people who don't have thousands of dollars to drop on a whim still need to write more than a couple sentences at a time there'll still be netbooks and whatnot. the 40% of Americans who couldn't afford a surprise $400 dollar expense aren't buying their fifth grader an iPad and keyboard attachment.

That too. And the fact that schools and most offices are probably not going to switch to exclusively using tablets and phones instead of computers any time soon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chromebooks are the hot item right now. More useful than a tablet with better performance than a netbook. I worked with a customer last month that just bought 500 of them without validating our software would work with them. Thankfully they got to be our beta!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The character who didn't know what a cassette was literally isn't even born yet.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
You guys are ignoring Apple's weird branding obsession with labeling their products something other than what we all agreed on.
Tablet? No Pad
Laptop? No Book
Computer? No Macintosh
I've referred to iMacs and iBooks as computers before and been corrected and not in like a pretentious brand loyalist way but a genuine they think computer=personal computer=non Apple products kinda way.

So in happy magic Apple cult land that kid might know what an iMac is but "wutz a cumpooter?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
At least it looks like Arrow finally got rid of Diaz, and then replaced him with another magically control everyone white guy.

Also again, Argus is chumps. Why do DC black ops groups look so incompetent? SHIELD may of been full of nazis, but at least they looked like they could take care of themselves.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sgt. Politeness posted:

You guys are ignoring Apple's weird branding obsession with labeling their products something other than what we all agreed on.
Tablet? No Pad
Laptop? No Book
Computer? No Macintosh
I've referred to iMacs and iBooks as computers before and been corrected and not in like a pretentious brand loyalist way but a genuine they think computer=personal computer=non Apple products kinda way.

So in happy magic Apple cult land that kid might know what an iMac is but "wutz a cumpooter?"

You hang around strange people.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

At least it looks like Arrow finally got rid of Diaz, and then replaced him with another magically control everyone white guy.

But Kirk Acevedo is Puerto Rican

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

You hang around strange people.

I try not to but if I don't leave Mom's basement every once in a while I get a little stir crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

iBooks is a reading app, not laptop. MacBook is what you’re looking for. And that’s a takeoff of notebook, which is not an Apple thing. Plenty of manufacturers call their laptops notebooks. See also: Chromebook.