Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DeputyRust/status/1101645778307694592

Its cute how the male trainer is now considered the polite/shy English guy in contrast to the rowdy Scottish girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Every default Pokemon trainer, especially the girls, tends to get a fanart personality pretty quickly, and I'm glad this tradition abides.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Infinitum posted:

Scottish trainer is official cannon now

canon, otherwise she'd be Octillery

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

less laughter posted:

canon, otherwise she'd be Octillery

ya fuckin' reprobate

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think it's kind of just making fun of Scottish people at this point tbqh, in a kind of lovely way. Like kids get routinely punished in school if they use their Scottish accent

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

It'll probably die down when new information (aka new things to make fun off) is revealed.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I think it's kind of just making fun of Scottish people at this point tbqh, in a kind of lovely way. Like kids get routinely punished in school if they use their Scottish accent

That's ten kinds of hosed up honestly.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Flopsy posted:

That's ten kinds of hosed up honestly.

Agreed. I'd be like punishing a kid from the South for talking with a drawl or (god forbid) a black child for not talking "white"

Mogki
Aug 2, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Agreed. I'd be like punishing a kid from the South for talking with a drawl or (god forbid) a black child for not talking "white"

Yes, because neither of those things ever happens today

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Mogki posted:

Yes, because neither of those things ever happens today

I don't think that that poster was suggesting that either of those things do or do not happen, only that when they do happen, it is hosed up.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rotom-phone: och... catch... pokémon

sanchez: i know “mon” means monster but i don’t think poké means anything

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Voltorb is just a Rotom possessing a pokeball, change my mind

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

Voltorb is just a Rotom possessing a pokeball, change my mind

Voltorb and Rotom aren't in the same egg group, boom mind changed

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there should be an apricorn variant voltorb that’s electric/grass

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
and a garden gnome Rotom forme that’s Electric/Fairy

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

This isn't true, unless you're posting through a time vortex from thirty years ago, and even then it was a question of using the prestige scottish accent vs the ones seen as lower class.

I can't speak for all Scots but I find the memes funny.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm just disappointed that after all this time they didn't make an Electric/Steel form based on a moment from the Adventure manga when Rotom possessed an action figure.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Rotom Fridge is an action figure in my heart

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Rotom-Generator, the first Electric/Electric Pokemon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm just disappointed that after all this time they didn't make an Electric/Steel form based on a moment from the Adventure manga when Rotom possessed an action figure.

Now I hope the SM anime steals from this and has Rotom possess Team Rocket's newest most gundam-est mecha.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sentakubasami1/status/1102484722188378112

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

Near as I can tell, it kicked their asses once during Jessie and James' first appearance (albeit with the help of several other Pikachu) so they came to the conclusion that it's abnormally strong and therefore worth stealing (and to be fair that's kind of true).

It didn't do jack - it was out of juice and a bike's lamp isn't going to generate enough juice to fry a fly

Then there's also the fact a stray spark ignited Koffing's gasses, which then nuked the center, a feat that the TRio mistakenly attributed to a single Pikachu and have been pursuing it ever since

Then the time they have Pikachu, because it's not with Ash, it's weak as a kitten, so bringing it to Giovanni wouldn't win them any favors, especially since there's a literal forest of them in the region of Kanto any old Rocket Grunt could go to and pick one up if he really wanted one

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

It didn't do jack - it was out of juice and a bike's lamp isn't going to generate enough juice to fry a fly

Then there's also the fact a stray spark ignited Koffing's gasses, which then nuked the center, a feat that the TRio mistakenly attributed to a single Pikachu and have been pursuing it ever since

Then the time they have Pikachu, because it's not with Ash, it's weak as a kitten, so bringing it to Giovanni wouldn't win them any favors, especially since there's a literal forest of them in the region of Kanto any old Rocket Grunt could go to and pick one up if he really wanted one

You're trying to apply logic to a show in which it has never truly existed.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

You're trying to apply logic to a show in which it has never truly existed.

It's a habit I've been trying to kick for 23 years

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pharohman777 posted:

Its cute how the male trainer is now considered the polite/shy English guy in contrast to the rowdy Scottish girl

imo they should both be chavs

he should be nicknaming his pokemon things like Alfaromeo, Mercedes, and Kia

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

It's a habit I've been trying to kick for 23 years

If I'm being honest I'm not in a position to judge really. I feel it's a natural response when confronted with something wildly stupid. On another note, who else here thinks the early game normal type is going to be some variation on the European badger and it'll be an unholy rage machine?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I could read the Male trainer as posh and/or chavie. A city boy, definitely. The female trainer is definitely from the countryside though

Edit:

Flopsy posted:

If I'm being honest I'm not in a position to judge really. I feel it's a natural response when confronted with something wildly stupid. On another note, who else here thinks the early game normal type is going to be some variation on the European badger and it'll be an unholy rage machine?

I'm betting a vole, some sort of fieldmouse, or maybe a shrew. The bird would be some sort of partridge.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 5, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm betting a vole, some sort of fieldmouse, or maybe a shrew. The bird would be some sort of partridge.

I was about to add hedgehog but we got another one just last gen. (The first being shaymin) A shrew would be an interesting addition, however it's gimmick might be too close to yungoose. I can't help but think they would have to be defined by their rapid metabolism and eating habits. If it does follow through they might be the first normal/poison type which would be pretty cool. Bird's definitely going to be a member of the Phasianidae family though.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Flopsy posted:

The american badger is the rage machine, european badgers are chill

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

The american badger is the rage machine, european badgers are chill

Not during mating season they ain't. But I guess if we're talking pissed year round than yeah that's american badger alright.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Flopsy posted:

Not during mating season they ain't. But I guess if we're talking pissed year round than yeah that's american badger alright.

Pokemon introducing mating seasons would be... interesting :v:

Walking along a Route when suddenly a Stantler jumps out of the grass and gores you

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/sindorman/status/1100911636230127616

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

Pokemon introducing mating seasons would be... interesting :v:

Walking along a Route when suddenly a Stantler jumps out of the grass and gores you

Shouldn't have been looking' at his girl mate!

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.

Crosscontaminant posted:

Sounds like someone is missing a whole bunch of Spinda.

I was showing my roommate my living dex and he was like "You don't have all 30 Spinda?" and I looked at him like he was crazy and was like "How did you arrive at just 30? There's like 4 billion" and he looked at me with such horror.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

https://youtu.be/i2q0T7QXETs

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/cynicalplant/status/1101648474167222273?s=21
https://twitter.com/cynicalplant/status/1103025747403390976?s=21

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This loving owns.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I found my 3ds and man I've got some good nicknames in Moon. My team when I turned it on is:

• Clive Barker, the Ribombee
  • Swordfish II, the Vikavolt
  • The Squit, the Araquanid
  • Fam, the Incineroar (this was much funner when it was a Litten i'm sure)
  • Jean Clawed, the Crabominable

I also had Batmoon the Lunala but clearly I was off my game when I named that one. I gotta work out who's gunna be the sixth in my team and finally finish this game. I just had someone tell me to go below the research station to find out about Ultra Beasts.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I've decided that the only way GameFreak can redeem themselves for going back to random battles, is to give us a new form of DexNav.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

I'm Scottish and I find it hilarious. Also the only person I know who was ever punished for speaking Scots was my gran, nearly seventy years ago.