Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

this bulbasaur is definitely high on his own supply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Person posted:

I'm Scottish and I find it hilarious. Also the only person I know who was ever punished for speaking Scots was my gran, nearly seventy years ago.

Most of the people mad about the Scottish trainer on twitter seem to be actual scots mad at the poor attempts at a Scottish accent in the fanart and such.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want regional forms of gen 2 pokemon in this gen

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

What type combination you reckon the Snubbull family should have instead of fairy? I can definitely see a Black Shuck themed ghost/dark Houndour I spose'.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Granbull wearing a bowler hat and smoking a cigar.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Pharohman777 posted:

Most of the people mad about the Scottish trainer on twitter seem to be actual scots mad at the poor attempts at a Scottish accent in the fanart and such.

The accent attempts are pretty dire to be fair, they're about as authentically Scottish as Dick van Dyke's accent was authentically Cockney. All the same though, not worth getting worked up over. At least it's not worse than what this anime did to an english accent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAkdNkmyG08

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

Pokemon Sword, Shield, and Strap.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/Ocelot550yt/status/1100932578939424769?s=19

I desperately want this to be the third version, a thing we haven't gotten since....plat? BW had sequels, SM had the ultra versions, XY didn't happen, so yeah plat

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

sun/moon had a third version, it was just two third versions

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brother Entropy posted:

Pokemon Gunsword and Pokemon Gunshield

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Johnny Joestar posted:

i want regional forms of gen 2 pokemon in this gen

There's nothing wrong with having dreams, but I hope you don't think that will happen. You can't milk nostalgia with Gen 2, only with Gen 1, and that's the only thing Game Freak lately cares about.

Also Game Freak never reuses good ideas so we won't get more regional forms despite being a really cool thing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Pokemon Gunsword and Pokemon Gunshield

finally the ff crossover we've all been waiting for

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I think it's kind of just making fun of Scottish people at this point tbqh, in a kind of lovely way. Like kids get routinely punished in school if they use their Scottish accent

Yeah nah mate, noones bullying anyone here. Just taking the piss

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Orre Variant

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brother Entropy posted:

Ehhhhh

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if 'mostly the same game but with just enough changes to justify charging full price again' isn't a third version idk what is

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Yeah nah mate, noones bullying anyone here. Just taking the piss

This was exactly my friend's reaction to Scorbunny, minus the Scottish. Yeah, it's really cute, and she like cute pokemon. But you can tell it's going to evolve into something gross and buff. If not actually fighting it's probably going to have that vibe at least.

I think a lot of this is the trauma of adorable Litten evolving into Incineroar. I don't think Incineroar is bad, and I've come to actually quite like him, but he is decidedly uncute, while Litten is one of the most adorable starters there is.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
All starters are ugly compared to the only good grass starter, rowlet

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the trauma of 'what if a cat but some red on it' evolving into an insanely cool wrestler

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Scorbunny has a goddamned bandage on its nose. It is 100% going to become a fighter.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Brother Entropy posted:

the trauma of 'what if a cat but some red on it' evolving into an insanely cool wrestler

People really were expecting Litten to remain a quadruped. They don't realize that quadrupeds tend to be less versatile then bipedal Pokemon though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I think it's hosed up that people don't recognize Incineroar as incredibly cute.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

As someone who thinks cats are adorable and has no interest in wrestling: yeah. Traumatic. :colbert:

Not making GBS threads on Incineroar. I eventually came to appreciate him on his own terms, and he is a fun goofy pokemon. But he's not got much of a cute house cat vibe to him anymore.

Zuzie posted:

People really were expecting Litten to remain a quadruped. They don't realize that quadrupeds tend to be less versatile then bipedal Pokemon though.
On a related note what the heck happened to Oshawatt? Generations later I just can't wrap my head around that one.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Eiba posted:

On a related note what the heck happened to Oshawatt? Generations later I just can't wrap my head around that one.

I think they encountered Artist's Block regarding where to progress Oshawott's line. Then they went to the local aquarium and saw a sea lion there.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
So i just started Ultra Sun after like 4 gens of no Pokemon (except Heart Gold) and:

.My Pokedex is talking to me?
.I get experiecne for capturing POkemon?
.And they healed my pokemon before the battle with my rival, instead of forcing me to lose and start all over because I forgot to save

In conclusion: Kids today have it too easy and the game I played when I was 10-13 is the best one.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

you wouldn't have had to start all over, you just would've lost half your money

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Mr. Nemo posted:

In conclusion: Kids today have it too easy and the game I played when I was 10-13 is the best one.

That would've been Platinum and HGSS for me, so yeah, checks out.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Brother Entropy posted:

you wouldn't have had to start all over, you just would've lost half your money

You are only making my point stronger.

And now I got the exp share like an hour in from the professor.

I HAVE to go to school? I remember when this was a building I could 100% skip in GS, those were the days.

Edit: Probaly the first time I chose a grass mon for my first run, Rowlett design owns

Edit2: The Crystal for this generation was clearly Pokemon Eclipse, missed opportunity there

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

Sure, but there's an OCD side of me that finds a bit annoying that there's no Pokemon Star, or for that matter ElectricYellow, MindCrystal, DeltaEmerald, Gray, Gray 2, or Z.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Edit2: The Crystal for this generation was clearly Pokemon Eclipse, missed opportunity there

I would have gone with Pokemon Star myself.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I thought Litten evolving into Incineroar was par for the course in starter evolutions and despite that being my starter for Sun, Rowlet is 100% the cutest one.

Yeah, I picked Litten because of Inceneroar.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mr. Nemo posted:

So i just started Ultra Sun after like 4 gens of no Pokemon (except Heart Gold) and:

.My Pokedex is talking to me?
.I get experiecne for capturing POkemon?
.And they healed my pokemon before the battle with my rival, instead of forcing me to lose and start all over because I forgot to save

Your Pokedex is possessed by an electric ghost. Really. They come standard now.

Been kinda funny watching Pokedexes evolve from futuristic pocket computers to just a tablet program.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

All starters are ugly compared to the only good grass starter, rowlet

Rowlet is the most fisher price garbage in the world. It's a soft ball designed to entice brains that haven't formed object permanence yet.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone thinking one of the regional variants won't be a punk rocker jigglypuff is delusional. They even set it up in the UM Pokedex entry.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

can’t wait to hunt for regional variants on the dexnav and maybe set one as my following pokémon. vs seeker

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

alpha_destroy posted:

Scorbunny has a goddamned bandage on its nose. It is 100% going to become a fighter.

That's a piece of cheese.

Xelkelvos posted:

I thought Litten evolving into Incineroar was par for the course in starter evolutions and despite that being my starter for Sun, Rowlet is 100% the cutest one.

Yeah, I picked Litten because of Inceneroar.

Incineroar is adorable because he's a giant buff dude with a heart of gold and rainbows. I 100% feel like he would still climb into boxes that don't fit and lay on your keyboard so really what's the problem?

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 6, 2019

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The bandage is cause she's a football players so she'll be fire normal cause playing footie is the most normal poo poo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The bandage is cause she's a football players so she'll be fire normal cause playing footie is the most normal poo poo.

I get the feeling Scorbunny is going to be like the Greninja of this gen. Something sleek and fast so probs electric or steel although in my heart I desperately want fairy. I still think the company's well aware we don't want any more fire/fighting at this point though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

alpha_destroy posted:

actually it's a nasal aspiration aide

scorbunny is going to become a diseased fire/poison rabbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

can’t wait to hunt for regional variants on the dexnav and maybe set one as my following pokémon. vs seeker

They all get mega evolutions and exclusive Z moves too