Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

BlackMK4 posted:

Mmmm.... Exige. Also, hello Pavillions

lol creepy, also, let's hang out at Cars and Coffee the official spot for retired track stars that now have families.

Ether Frenzy posted:

The left rear taillight on my stupid E92 is being troublesome, instead of buying a lotus I went to O'Reilly's and just replaced all 3 of the drat bulbs again since I can't remember which one was the one I originally thought was 'bad' but didn't fix the alert... I regret not buying a lotus instead though, now.

Agreed, buying a Lotus makes you not care about your other car's broken taillights or sticky steering wheel leather or valve cover gaskets weeping oil or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah that looks SoCal in the lighting and palm trees, but there sure ain't nicely paved parking lots that big without cars in them at all times anywhere near me in LA, alternately tell me where this amazing parking lot is and I'll come do a shitload of burnouts and then we can go drive Decker Canyon with my rears on cords, or something.

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug

Dadliest Worrier posted:

Looks great. Which year and how many miles?

Mine’s going in on Wednesday for rear brake service and a new set of PS4s to replace the original run-flats. 75k miles and nothing worse than a few squeaks and rattles so far. Gonna take it for a weekend drive in the Santa Cruz mountains afterwards. I can’t wait to try out the new tires, but I’m a little worried that the car’s going to feel too soft because the suspension’s set up for run-flats.

And by worried, I mean that I’m looking for an excuse to lower the car and swap in Bilsteins.

2014. 91k miles. I got a PPI and everything came back good. Feels pretty tight, no squeaks or rattles. Previous owner took pretty good care of it. I came from a basic truck so all the features are blowing my mind. It seems pretty low already to me!

It has the staggered wheels on the performance summer run flats, so getting these in 225/45/r18 on winter rubber as we're still snowing quite a bit here.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Dadliest Worrier posted:

new set of PS4s to replace the original run-flats.

I asked in the tools thread, but...

My F31 has run flats, no spare, and instructions to call for a tow. Should I bother getting a jack, air pump, and a patch kit? I do a lot of driving on the weekends in bumfuck nowhere Central IL.

Tools thread told me not to bother, but I'd be hesitant to get non-run flats without a kit.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-bmw-m5-wagon-touring-conversion/

40K so far

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Seik posted:

2014. 91k miles. I got a PPI and everything came back good. Feels pretty tight, no squeaks or rattles. Previous owner took pretty good care of it. I came from a basic truck so all the features are blowing my mind. It seems pretty low already to me!

Oh right, I remember now. The car looks great. And yeah, there are tons of features. I'm still finding poo poo occasionally. Just a week ago I finally figured out that the button at the end of the windshield wiper stalk turns on some kind of weird sensor-driven reactive wiper system.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Uthor posted:

I asked in the tools thread, but...

My F31 has run flats, no spare, and instructions to call for a tow. Should I bother getting a jack, air pump, and a patch kit? I do a lot of driving on the weekends in bumfuck nowhere Central IL.

Tools thread told me not to bother, but I'd be hesitant to get non-run flats without a kit.

I'm curious what people think, too. I've got AAA, but I do take regular drives up in the woods outside of cell tower coverage, so maybe I should pick up a kit.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

This is the vehicle that BMW needs to make today. Just like this.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Every forum poster's wet dream.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
That first picture makes it look so drat good. I love BMW rims.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
can't wait to sell my E92 in 2035 with 52k miles for $2.5 million

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
A 1M with 25k on the odometer sold for 56K on BAT yesterday so my 135i has gotta be worth upper 30s right?

Right?

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Yep, after some turd drives into the M5 (I’m a magnet for idiots) I’m doing that.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ultimate Mango posted:

imagine those sales numbers

3 maybe 4? amazing

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Ether Frenzy posted:

Mine will sell for double because mine has twice as many doors. We are gonna be rich :homebrew:

Ultimate Mango posted:

BMW makes cars for people that will buy or lease new cars.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm planning on an E30 retirement

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Lightbulb Out posted:

Ok Jeff bezos

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Lightbulb Out posted:

:hfive:

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Why would someone ruin this m2 like this :(

https://www.bmwofcincinnatinorth.com/used/BMW/2018-BMW-M+Series-a62a6f470a0d04fe0f1deff6100a9ac0.htm

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

All I see wrong is the smoked tail lights? Yeah they're bad but that's pretty easily fixed.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Dadliest Worrier posted:

Just a week ago I finally figured out that the button at the end of the windshield wiper stalk turns on some kind of weird sensor-driven reactive wiper system.
Rain sensing wipers?

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Mr. Apollo posted:

Rain sensing wipers?

A great feature

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Guinness posted:

All I see wrong is the smoked tail lights? Yeah they're bad but that's pretty easily fixed.

Who would even think this is a good idea.. grossssssss

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Lol my dude this has been a thing for 30+ years it's ok

Smoked headlights are a different problem all together

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

BraveUlysses posted:

Lol my dude this has been a thing for 30+ years it's ok

Well yeah, ive seen them on a honda civic lowered with the wheels turned inside.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Smoked tail lights are ok as long as your brake lights are bright enough to shine through.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

fyallm posted:

Well yeah, ive seen them on a honda civic lowered with the wheels turned inside.

Imagine being surprised by smoked taillights in 2019 what an amazing life

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I thought it was in reference to the matte paint? Does the M2 come like that as a factory paint option?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

FROzen paint isn’t new!!!!! And it’s cool :shobon:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I figured it was a wrap.

The taillights are ugly, but it's a pretty mild example of bad poo poo on a car and very easily fixable.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Mr. Apollo posted:

Rain sensing wipers?

Seems to be. Probably nothing special these days, but my last car before this was a 2003 Honda, so I’m impressed.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

BraveUlysses posted:

Imagine being surprised by smoked taillights in 2019 what an amazing life

Thank you. I live a very sheltered life in the boonies.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Mr. Apollo posted:

The 2016 F10 M5s are showing up as CPOs and they’re really good deals.

It's crazy how since we posted this a few weeks ago that both the 2016 535 and M5 clean lease returns have mostly gotten gobbled up already. Of course if one wants an overpriced, overflogged version that's been auctioned twice already, those are still available!

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Smoke Life

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Aaaaand BMW is replacing the engine in my wife's money pit e70 X5 under the N63 Customer Protection Program. I'm number 4 on the list of locals now waiting for a new N63 engine, and number one has been waiting since I think November. They said, "Call back in like July, and we'll probably have a better idea of when you might expect your engine to be ready." Based on mileage, I'm on the hook for 15% of the cost. Not yet sure what that will be...

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

hitze posted:

Smoke Life

I need those. Only got the hella rears.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Lincoln posted:

Aaaaand BMW is replacing the engine in my wife's money pit e70 X5 under the N63 Customer Protection Program. I'm number 4 on the list of locals now waiting for a new N63 engine, and number one has been waiting since I think November. They said, "Call back in like July, and we'll probably have a better idea of when you might expect your engine to be ready." Based on mileage, I'm on the hook for 15% of the cost. Not yet sure what that will be...

Do you get some kind of long-term loaner or something when this happens?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Dadliest Worrier posted:

BMW had me cycle through loaners every two weeks back when the 335D DEF tanks were on national backorder for months, I'd imagine he will end up in a similar situation

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

lol creepy, also, let's hang out at Cars and Coffee the official spot for retired track stars that now have families.

I've never actually been to a cars and coffee :downs:

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Dadliest Worrier posted:

If the car is deemed "undrivable," apparently so. That #1 guy on the list has been getting a "rental" from the local dealership to the tune of $3,000/month, and he's still a couple months away from getting his engine. I don't know if BMW or the dealership is picking up the cost, but I know he's not paying anything for it. Alas, my wife's car is still drivable, so I'm going to pick it up in the morning. They're still reassembling the engine right now. I figure that's about a $10k job. It's the 4.4L V8 twin turbo. That's a screamin' old-lady-car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Lincoln posted:

If the car is deemed "undrivable," apparently so. That #1 guy on the list has been getting a "rental" from the local dealership to the tune of $3,000/month, and he's still a couple months away from getting his engine. I don't know if BMW or the dealership is picking up the cost, but I know he's not paying anything for it. Alas, my wife's car is still drivable, so I'm going to pick it up in the morning. They're still reassembling the engine right now. I figure that's about a $10k job. It's the 4.4L V8 twin turbo. That's a screamin' old-lady-car.

This is the main reason I bailed on our X5M after a year... Best driving SUV we have owned but made me super nervous about long-term reliability. At the time (and I haven't researched it now) BMW was completely denying that there was anything to worry about with the S63 engine in spite of its very close relationship to the N63.

Some days I miss it tho