Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Cable Guy posted:

You're just being anti-semantic...

:ughh:

Booooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Previa_fun posted:

Also Canadian whisky being further right than Bourbon whiskey? :hmmyes:

I suspect this is solely due to Crown Royal somehow positioning itself as a top shelf brand in the US while also pandering every gimmick it can. It is the Donald Trump of Canadian whisky.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1103283187466285057?s=19

Kind of wish AOC would back off of this rather than what she's doing but I'm just a dude.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Insanite posted:

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1103283187466285057?s=19

Kind of wish AOC would back off of this rather than what she's doing but I'm just a dude.

HOW DAAAAAAARE YOU!!!

I do agree though, she should have just said "no."

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why do most maga chuds have "free thinker" in their loving profile

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

HOW DAAAAAAARE YOU!!!

I do agree though, she should have just said "no."

Wait is that a real quote? I assumed it was a joke

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Koalas March posted:

Wait is that a real quote? I assumed it was a joke

haha donald getfiscal is not actually quoting her

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Asema posted:

why do most maga chuds have "free thinker" in their loving profile

Because they use "logic" and "reason" to destroy their opponents.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

eke out posted:

haha donald getfiscal is not actually quoting her

Lmao I didn't even read the username 😂😂

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1103260514363138049

quote:

The former secretaries of the Air Force, Army and Navy, along with instructors at the Air Force and Coast Guard academies, are accusing the Pentagon of deceiving Congress when Defense officials testified last week that medical treatment for transgender troops keeps them off duty longer than other personnel — and of ignoring the military’s own data to the contrary.

“In seeking to justify President Trump’s wrong-headed ban on transgender service members at a congressional hearing last week, Defense Department officials made misleading claims,” Deborah Lee James, Ray Mabus and Eric Fanning, who ran the Air Force, Navy and Army, respectively, in the Obama administration, said in a statement shared with POLITICO.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

fyi this is at 10am eastern

https://twitter.com/scottbix/status/1103285296484007937

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Alright who is watching this poo poo show with me

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Koalas March posted:

*Raises Fist in solidarity*

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Koalas March posted:

Let me save you some time

I dont recall
I dont recall
We are investigating that
Im not aware of that
Theres no evidence of that
I dont understand the question

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

cr0y posted:

I dont recall
I dont recall
Im not aware of that

I think you missed fawning questions from collaborators about how many murders they prevented by putting children in cages (to die).

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

There are so many evil people in this administration but Nielson is on a whole nother level.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Koalas March posted:

word

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

I think you missed fawning questions from collaborators about how many murders they prevented by putting children in cages (to die).

:suicide:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Comittee who will be questioning her is solid

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Koalas March posted:

I'm sure gonna try to listen while I work, but I also have a midterm in 5 hours lol.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The Comittee who will be questioning her is solid

Oh boy, we get to hear from SNL funnyman Dan Crenshaw

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1103283227790323713?s=21

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
More hearings huh, I’m in.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

if middled-aged white ladies like AOC this much then her path to a future presidential nomination is basically set

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1103283734361636865

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

clay higgins and dan crenshaw are gonna be loving awful.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

Good. I want to see any good will he might have had from SNL melt away when he also turns into a whiny, gibbering moron like the rest of the conservatives do in these hearings.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If there is anyone deserving to be locked up it is Neilsen

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

cr0y posted:

I dont recall
I dont recall
Im not aware of that

Don't forget "Thank you Congressman for the question, I very much appreciate it and the opportunity to be here" *pause for thought* *dodges question*

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ewiley posted:

Don't forget "Thank you Congressman for the question, I very much appreciate it and the opportunity to be here" *pause for thought* *dodges question*

Also every Republican will verbally fellate her and thank her for her time and service

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

ewiley posted:

I really think that answers to questions should not count towards the time during a hearing

Caros
May 14, 2008

He loves Melanie so much he wanted to avoid requiring her to have sex with Donald Trump.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/1103094727090544640

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Never go full Magachud

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

Why is that troglodyte Higgins on so many committees? The man is an absolute intellectual void

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

How can you be too batshit for Fox?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this might be the saddest story i've ever seen.

Man's dying wish fulfilled with call from President Trump

quote:

A terminally ill Connecticut man who's a big supporter of President Donald Trump is getting a bucket list wish fulfilled, with help from his Democratic sister.

Jay Barrett, of West Haven, who has cystic fibrosis, left the hospital to begin palliative care at his sister's home last weekend and asked for some sort of contact with the president before he dies.

His sister, West Haven City Councilwoman Bridgette Hoskie, who describes herself as "100 percent Democrat," went on social media to help make it happen. Friends and other supporters sent emails to the White House.

The efforts paid off Tuesday night when Barrett, 44, received a call from Trump.

"Mr. President, through thick and thin, you know there's been a lot of thicks, and there's been a lot of thins, I support you," Barrett said.

Trump told Barrett he's a "champ," and that a personal letter is coming his way.

"You're my kind of man, Jay. ... I'm very proud of you," Trump said. "I'll talk to you again, Jay, OK? You keep that fight going. We both fight."

Barrett told the New Haven Register that he also received calls from the president's son Eric Trump and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development regional chief Lynne Patton on Monday.

Eric Trump "told me they're pulling for me and praying," Barrett said.

Patton, who is from New Haven, said she's coming to Connecticut on Saturday to give Barrett a signed gift from the president. She also reached out to the Trump family after a New Haven Register story about Barrett's wish was posted online.

Barrett, who for most of his life considered himself an independent, voted for President Barack Obama in 2008, but didn't like many of his polices, including the Affordable Care Act.

Barrett said he came to realize he was a Republican and fell in love with Trump's style at the launch of his campaign, and later, because of his policies.

His original goal was to get to Washington to meet the president in person and shake his hand, but he said he's grateful for anything.

Even though he's supposed to have only six months to live, Barrett said he intends to be around to vote in 2020.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mans-dying-wish-fulfilled-call-donald-trumps-son-204049781.html

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

I don't understand how articles like this get written. Do people keep a Rolodex of the crazies that appear on Fox News then watch it obsessively to remember which insane party hasn't been on in a while?

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Feldegast42 posted:

Assuming they aren't lying (:lol::lol::lol:), thats only 5 senators away from having the votes for a veto override

(Actually probably 6 or 7 since Manchin and Sinema might vote for the emergency)

(even if they had them McConnell wouldn't put it the override up for a vote)

Even if you got to veto override numbers in the Senate, it would be even harder to get there in the House.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Guze posted:

How can you be too batshit for Fox?

I think there's an extra factor, a je ne sais quoi, that makes him particularly unpalatable to Fox news' viewership and directors but who knows what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pseudanonymous posted:

I don't understand how articles like this get written. Do people keep a Rolodex of the crazies that appear on Fox News then watch it obsessively to remember which insane party hasn't been on in a while?

I don't have a Rolodex, but I was actually thinking of this dude specifically the other day and wondering why I hadn't seen him in a while.