Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

I remember some speculation about the saddle being a portable family mausoleum, which Mammon carries so that his sins may forever remain a burden on his being
Late reply and possible old news. Went back and looked over Mammon's appearances, the designs of his various saddles and did a small compilation. One thing I forgot to add were a couple statues but much like the 2 Michael panel in the top left, if Mammon isn't depicted wearing a saddle or one isn't visible. A cloak is always draped on his back.

I'm 100% down with the symbolic memorial theory. The two big things to stick out is the temple Mammon had built in his vault which is right before the chamber he's found in, and the design found commonly throughout the vault itself is the same as the silver coins he used to have his family killed. I'd assume that the symbol belonged to whatever race originated that currency, and that Mammon perpetuated it's usage as it's also on the backs of his gold coins as well. Something that probably started off as a mark of pride but became a mark of shame as he got on in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xand_Man posted:

Same, want to be my big <EVIL> boy.

With my poofy evil pants and sweet hat

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

wiegieman posted:

Nah, Jagganoth's the final boss. Maybe Maya, if she's waiting to swoop in at an opportune moment, but we still don't know what her deal is.

i figure the final boss, other than Al-Yisun's own lack of enlightenment, is probably Metatron

he and 2 Michael (and Zoss) are the ones playing the big game here, and I suspect they have something up their sleeve to handle Jagganoth if it becomes necessary

Jagganoth was Metatron's original omnicide scheme but Metatron presumably intended to rebuild after Jagganoth wiped out the rest of the annoying multiverse

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

We don't know for sure what kind of angel (or 'angel') gave Jagganoth the iron feathers he used to become invulnerable, if that's even a literal event and not an oblique description of some weird thing he did.

I don't think there's a bigger game than the demiurges - Zoss and Mettatron are in relation to them, not superseding them.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I wonder who would win in a direct confrontation between Metatron and Jadis

seeing how they're both fully immobile

e: you could hypothetically add wheels to Metatron and turn him into a vehicle but I'm not sure 2 Michael would approve

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 6, 2019

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

ThaumPenguin posted:

e: you could hypothetically add wheels to Metatron and turn him into a vehicle but I'm not sure 2 Michael would approve

2 Wheel Drive Michael

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

2 Wheel Drive Michael

2 wheel drive michael and 4 wheel drive michael were very strong, but no one talks about 3 wheel drive michael for reasons

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

Please stop spoiling the comic

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Shouldn't there be a new page sometime today? I don't want to rush perfection and this comic has had a lot of edge-of-my-seat periods but I REALLY need to know what's going to happen next right now.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Joe Slowboat posted:

We don't know for sure what kind of angel (or 'angel') gave Jagganoth the iron feathers he used to become invulnerable, if that's even a literal event and not an oblique description of some weird thing he did.

I don't think there's a bigger game than the demiurges - Zoss and Mettatron are in relation to them, not superseding them.

Hard to say for Mettatron either way, but Zoss is absolutely a bigger game. Dude is far further along Royalty than all the demiurges put together.

If anything, it seems as though Alison might be his last attachment to the world, the universal war having ridded him of the rest. A way to fix/reboot his original sin. Maybe he'll end up channeling YISUN into full form or someshit, who knows.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Hard to say for Mettatron either way, but Zoss is absolutely a bigger game. Dude is far further along Royalty than all the demiurges put together.

If anything, it seems as though Alison might be his last attachment to the world, the universal war having ridded him of the rest. A way to fix/reboot his original sin. Maybe he'll end up channeling YISUN into full form or someshit, who knows.

I'm pretty sure that loving off is an inevitable part of Royalty

Source: Yisun and later all the other gods did it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

As a senior angel, why would Metatron not have wheels?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1103114841093480448

somehow i'd gotten the impression that jadis couldn't really speak anymore? guess not

e: wait, is jadis blowing up gog-agog's head again just by talking coherently?

President Ark fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 6, 2019

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Shugojin posted:

2 wheel drive michael and 4 wheel drive michael were very strong, but no one talks about 3 wheel drive michael for reasons

probably immediately rolled over on an incline and died of a ruptured spleen

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Bilirubin posted:

probably immediately rolled over on an incline and died of a ruptured spleen

Thought of roundabouts and was exiled from existence.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The interesting thing here (imo) is that Solomon immediately pins this whole thing on Zoss, where if anyone's scheming here its Metatron.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

President Ark posted:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1103114841093480448

somehow i'd gotten the impression that jadis couldn't really speak anymore? guess not

e: wait, is jadis blowing up gog-agog's head again just by talking coherently?

No, Gog's reforming her head from the previous explosion while Jadis is talking.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

It's struck me for the first time just how hosed up most of the Demiurges are. Mottom and Incubus are falling apart, physically. Mammon is senile. Jadis and Gog-Agog are insane, and Jadis is frozen inside a block of ice/stone to boot.

Not that these are weaknesses--they all make up for it somehow--but none of them except Solomon is anything approaching normal.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Was Incubus' sword always a cane?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
My main takeaway from this is Gog-Agog is all worms, even her clothing.

Hypocrisy posted:

Huh. Was Incubus' sword always a cane?

He was tap-tap-tapping along with it when we were first introduced to his corporeal body, but exactly how infirm he seems to be wasn't really apparent until this scene. It looked like he was probably leaning on it last page, but now he's actually wobbling.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Schwarzwald posted:

The interesting thing here (imo) is that Solomon immediately pins this whole thing on Zoss, where if anyone's scheming here its Metatron.

i get the sense there aren't many people who pay attention to the angels these days, so they've got pretty much free reign to do what they want because everyone else assumes they're irrelevant

e: i also get the sense that very few people, if anyone, know the thorn angels are even a thing

e2: vvvv nope!

President Ark fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 6, 2019

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

President Ark posted:

i get the sense there aren't many people who pay attention to the angels these days, so they've got pretty much free reign to do what they want because everyone else assumes they're irrelevant

e: i also get the sense that very few people, if anyone, know the thorn angels are even a thing

Remember when Jagganoth just carried a Thorn Knight around like a toy at the council meeting?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ConfusedUs posted:

It's struck me for the first time just how hosed up most of the Demiurges are. Mottom and Incubus are falling apart, physically. Mammon is senile. Jadis and Gog-Agog are insane, and Jadis is frozen inside a block of ice/stone to boot.

Not that these are weaknesses--they all make up for it somehow--but none of them except Solomon is anything approaching normal.

Witness the might of the twin disciplines of Lookin Good and Feelin Fine.

Panel one Mottom got all the poise of Granny Weatherwax (but none of the moral fortitude of course)

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
i like how despite everybody making GBS threads on incubus here, its pretty clear that gog-agog is the demiurge the others dont take seriously

ThaumPenguin posted:

6 juggernaut star might

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Something interesting I just noticed: the same people depicted in 4-25 show up again in 4-28. Maybe obvious to yall but I didn't realize until now their diminished state. I wonder if at some point Allison will face a similar decline.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
they do not wield the blade of Want

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

make mockery posted:

i like how despite everybody making GBS threads on incubus here, its pretty clear that gog-agog is the demiurge the others dont take seriously

Anti-annelid bigotry, prevalent even amongst demiurges.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Eschatos posted:

Something interesting I just noticed: the same people depicted in 4-25 show up again in 4-28. Maybe obvious to yall but I didn't realize until now their diminished state. I wonder if at some point Allison will face a similar decline.

This is unrelated, but I just realized that Incubus' symbol somewhat resemble's Slaanesh's, which is appropriate at least.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Eschatos posted:

This is still probably my favorite page: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-26/

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Eschatos posted:

allison already overcame the worst of incubus' influence when she re-united with her Power in yre, now she's developing her skills in tandem with her friends and inky is already losing his grip on the reins

the putzes, jamokes, and schlemiels who usually accept his bargain are overcome by their will to power and need to conquer and then left to rot once their campaigns are over. allison still has her own compulsions, but they are the compulsions of a furious dumbass and thus will buoy her over the hungry Pit

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

The best part is knowing that someday Allison is going to make good on her promise and that confrontation is going to be entirely one sided. Because Incubus will still only care about winning and in that moment Allison will only care about ripping his head from his body.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
what does the average day at the pit even look like

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Oxxidation posted:

allison already overcame the worst of incubus' influence when she re-united with her Power in yre, now she's developing her skills in tandem with her friends and inky is already losing his grip on the reins

the putzes, jamokes, and schlemiels who usually accept his bargain are overcome by their will to power and need to conquer and then left to rot once their campaigns are over. allison still has her own compulsions, but they are the compulsions of a furious dumbass and thus will buoy her over the hungry Pit

Did she though? He's still in her head, maybe he's just waiting for the right time. Like, say, after the one demiurge who's actually trying to maintain peace is defeated.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Iron Twinkie posted:

The best part is knowing that someday Allison is going to make good on her promise and that confrontation is going to be entirely one sided. Because Incubus will still only care about winning and in that moment Allison will only care about ripping his head from his body.

Again, we don't really know what Incubus wants. His goals seem to align with hers in some twisted way. While he definitely wants to incite war, it's not certain he wants to rule.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I think we've gotten a pretty clear picture of what he wants at this point. Winning is the only thing that matters. He says Solomon David hasn't won yet, which is mostly another way of saying Incubus hasn't won yet because he has to share his position of power with a bunch of people that he resents for looking down on him. So his solution is to start a war that hopefully gets them all killed.. That doesn't paint a picture of someone who would be fine with sharing the spotlight with Allison in the end. Though, it seems like he hasn't thought at all about what would happen after he's won, given he seems to think ruling is... beneath him? Incompatible with his nature? Allison might be okay with walking away, but leaving someone like that on top?

A clash between Allison and Incubus seems pretty likely.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'd got the impression that Inky and the Jags had a sotto voce pact between them to wreck the other five demiurges, and that a big chunk of Incubus's long term plan was teaching Allison enough that she could then thump the poo poo out of Jagganoth and leave just Allison and Incubus. I assume he has some plan where he can then overcome Allison on his own via deception because if she can thump Jagganoth then no one else stands a chance in a heads up fight.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Incubus's goal is simply the Major's war speech put on a loop.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
incubus is an mgs character

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Brought To You By posted:

I'm 100% down with the symbolic memorial theory. The two big things to stick out is the temple Mammon had built in his vault which is right before the chamber he's found in, and the design found commonly throughout the vault itself is the same as the silver coins he used to have his family killed. I'd assume that the symbol belonged to whatever race originated that currency, and that Mammon perpetuated it's usage as it's also on the backs of his gold coins as well. Something that probably started off as a mark of pride but became a mark of shame as he got on in years.

that symbol looks a lot like U+00A4: "Currency Sign" ¤

iirc it's supposed to be used in cases where the real symbol is unavailable, or if the actual currency can be understood by context and it's not worth the trouble of printing the right symbol for individual currencies, or the currency itself literally just doesn't matter. Or somehow it was just supposed to be used as a placeholder that automatically converts from an abstract amount of currency to the correct local currency. P weird symbol. Works for mammon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dr Subterfuge posted:

My main takeaway from this is Gog-Agog is all worms, even her clothing.

He was tap-tap-tapping along with it when we were first introduced to his corporeal body, but exactly how infirm he seems to be wasn't really apparent until this scene. It looked like he was probably leaning on it last page, but now he's actually wobbling.

He's looking a lot rougher in general, like he probably has pretty much the same deal with his blood pit that Mottom has with her hell fruit

habeasdorkus posted:

I'd got the impression that Inky and the Jags had a sotto voce pact between them to wreck the other five demiurges, and that a big chunk of Incubus's long term plan was teaching Allison enough that she could then thump the poo poo out of Jagganoth and leave just Allison and Incubus. I assume he has some plan where he can then overcome Allison on his own via deception because if she can thump Jagganoth then no one else stands a chance in a heads up fight.

his whole deal seems to be manipulation and exercising his power through other people so I assumed it's a "true power behind the throne" kinda plan. again not too different from Mottom, they all want her to rule just on their terms.