Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Once again conclusive evidence that the Something Awful forums have been the single highest return on investment for any $10 I've ever spent in my entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I'm the obviously horrified toucan in the background, raising my voice against the coming of the sea witch.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I wouldn't want this in my house, but I would love this in some sort of ocean-themed hotel room where I could have a long bath and cackle about being a sea witch.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:shrug: I am on the Something Awful forums. From an outside perspective with just slivers of bits of information it is objectively weird. From the vantage point of personal spiritual clarity and commitment it actually makes a fair amount of sense. I am old enough to make my own grown up decisions about my belief system, accepting the whole thing and not being afraid of being open about it. We (society) have normalized a lot of stuff that was weird and taboo in the past and I should offer the same bit of respect and understanding that I hope to receive.

back on topic though; this whole thread has made me appreciate those $10 I have given to Lowtax all those years back.

Fair amount of sense lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Fair amount of sense lol
3O was being a huge dick, big surprise.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
The bathroom so bad it got an article on a video games website about how bad it was.

That's gotta be some kind of record.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Tbf BATHDOOM was instrumental in that.

Someone write a song so it'll get written about on Pitchfork or something.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Risky Bisquick posted:

Might be a bit hard to sell the house if people can google the story about the floor joist :raise:

Or find photos like this:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Rabbit Hill posted:

Or find photos like this:

Not being an Electricity Guy(tm), what's the fuckup here?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

RoboRodent posted:

I wouldn't want this in my house, but I would love this in some sort of ocean-themed hotel room where I could have a long bath and cackle about being a sea witch.

If they had a matching shower I might agree.

But that tub looks like there’s absolutely nowhere for you to rest your head so why bother having a tub at all.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Load bearing drywall.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

PurpleXVI posted:

Everything

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

PurpleXVI posted:

The big structural thing here is that he cut a wall stud to fit the mirror.. you can see how big the fuckup was by looking at the load-bearing block of wood he put to the right

Electrical might be the lack of nail guards, where he ran through studs to route cabling, weird horizontal orientation of the outlet (non gcfi?), type of cabling used.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

PurpleXVI posted:

Also not an electricity guy, but the main things that stand out to me as potential problems are:
* the horizontal 2x4 has a cantilevered force being applied on it by the vertical 2x4 at its end. Really there should be a continuation of the vertical 2x4 down to the sole plate. In general it's hosed up that you're changing your stud spacing halfway up the wall like that.
* I'm pretty sure there's something in the code about not running romex through studs within a certain distance of the ends of the studs, and I don't think those holes to let the wiring through are far enough from the ends to meet that code.
* I don't see anything holding the romex down to the studs. You're supposed to staple or otherwise hold it down, what, every four feet? I don't think that running it through a hole in a stud counts for that purpose.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Enchanted Hat posted:

In appreciation of the awesome Doom bathroom, I turned the bathroom into a trashy Newgrounds point and click adventure game with jump scares:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RXVk7jrCJl4FozWYkIplbwxLcyQiKqYY

this is perfect

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
Someone liked a tweet from June 2018 responding to my thread about his bathroom plans.

https://twitter.com/chrinfinity/status/1004375843622223872

I'm so glad that my friend noticed this almost a year ago. I am pretty certain he doesn't poop.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

FilthyImp posted:

Joke's on us when Beatmage gets a 6 figure deal to "DIY My Room" on TLC or whatever.

ladies love me cuz I’m #tlcfamous :bigtran:

alnilam posted:

Someone get Anthony Fantano to do a meme video about it.

We’re gonna bring these forums back baby!

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

alnilam posted:

(in the Migos flow)

bathroom be lookin' like axe
visually such an attack
rocks getting moldy and moist
below he cut up the joists
structure is broken and weak
but he thought the ladies would freak
his ego reached for a peak
instead it's bordello chic

looks a horror film curse
details just make it worse
slate and the red looking sorry
color scheme's bootleg Ferrari
entire aesthetic's frightenin'
and it now has garbage lightin'
wallpaper's garish with glitter
mystery still is his shitter

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Ultraklystron posted:

(in the Migos flow)

bathroom be lookin' like axe
visually such an attack
rocks getting moldy and moist
below he cut up the joists
structure is broken and weak
but he thought the ladies would freak
his ego reached for a peak
instead it's bordello chic

looks a horror film curse
details just make it worse
slate and the red looking sorry
color scheme's bootleg Ferrari
entire aesthetic's frightenin'
and it now has garbage lightin'
wallpaper's garish with glitter
mystery still is his shitter

chorus:

SHOW ME THAT TOILET
SHOW ME THAT TOILET BITCH
SHOW ME THAT TOILET
BRRRRRRRRRRRRT

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

woah I would set that as my ringtone

I think these guys would fit the mood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3HwydF6p0

peanut fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 6, 2019

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

PurpleXVI posted:

He compromised the strength/integrity of the wall framing by cutting a stud, without replacing the stud he cut to make room for a medicine cabinet because he does not know what he's doing. He could have just added another stud off-center from the one he cut to correct this problem. Instead he just let it be. The yellow wiring signifies standard 12-2 Romex (20 amp load), which is fine, but some simpleton mangled one of the corner studs in the bottom left corner at nearly the bottom of the stud to fish white 14-2 Romex (15 amp load) up out of the floor. Could have been the original electrician, or could have been him, but either way, the placement of the butchered hole also compromises wall strength.

I'm assuming he pig-tailed the 20 amp wiring to the 15 amp wiring somewhere hidden behind the drywall cut-out, which is hella stupid because the loads don't match in the dumbest way possible by going from a smaller feed wire to to a higher capacity wire at the pigtail. There's several ways for this to go badly for him, none of which are likely, but it is a possible fire hazard none-the-less. Also, the standard outlet he installed should be a GFCI since its placement signifies countertop height, and anytime an outlet is within 3 feet of a water source it's code basically everywhere to have a ground fault circuit interrupter. It's very likely that this whole picture is one of the many gently caress-ups he paid 23k to to fix.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
In fairness re: GFCI, you can easily have a GFCI-protected circuit without a GFCI outlet. You only need one source of protection on a circuit so long as that source is upstream from the parts of the circuit that need to be protected. The easiest fix for that problem is to just use a GFCI breaker at the breaker box.

Fixing the other stuff requires opening up the wall and doing some demolition and reconstruction. Hopefully the wall isn't load-bearing!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

In fairness re: GFCI, you can easily have a GFCI-protected circuit without a GFCI outlet. You only need one source of protection on a circuit so long as that source is upstream from the parts of the circuit that need to be protected. The easiest fix for that problem is to just use a GFCI breaker at the breaker box.

Fixing the other stuff requires opening up the wall and doing some demolition and reconstruction. Hopefully the wall isn't load-bearing!

It never hurts to be safe than sorry, so putting a GFCI in place of that standard outlet represents an added expense of a few dollars whether or not he had one in the panel

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It never hurts (...) an added expense of a few dollars
But... but my money!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Nessus posted:

But... but my money!

I mean literally $2-$3 dollars

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lol

I've been telling my wife that I can design/build a table better than most of what's out there. I'm glad I finally proved myself right. Maple and Walnut.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah given the difference in pricing there's basically no excuse not to use GFCI outlets everywhere now.

Also I think it's code now to use tamper-resistant outlets? Not sure if that's universal or just in my municipality.

e. Yeah I think this means everywhere: https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/By-topic/Top-causes-of-fire/Electrical/Tamper-resistant-electrical-receptacles

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I kind of like it, even if it's not in the least practical. The best possible use would be to paint a landscape and turn it into a 3D map of sorts.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

RoboRodent posted:

I kind of like it, even if it's not in the least practical. The best possible use would be to paint a landscape and turn it into a 3D map of sorts.

Hypothetically it's a neat idea, if you look at the gallery it's appears to be a bunch of poorly sanded 2x4s though. I think it could be done a lot better.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I like the table

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I also like the table because it 1) actually looks nice aside from the reduced usable space, and 2) it can be removed from the house for less than $23,000

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The table isn't my taste, but I will always respect curved joinery

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

It's a nice table imo but i would ultimately be annoyed by the non usable part

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

alnilam posted:

It's a nice table imo but i would ultimately be annoyed by the non usable part

Clearly you aren't thinking about all the murders you could get away with. Oops, another person tripped on the rug and hit their head on the table!

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I thought it was a bunch of sand at first, like some kind of zen garden built into the table.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

MiniFoo posted:

I also like the table because it 1) actually looks nice aside from the reduced usable space, and 2) it can be removed from the house for less than $23,000

If the topography was about 1/3 the height that it is, completely recessed, and glass-topped, it'd be pretty dandy actually.

edit: it would also be better with four legs rather than three. The tripod is relatively much less stable especially given the amount of mass in the top of the table.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 7, 2019

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I think it's pretty cool. It seems like if you rotated the mountainy part so it faces the rest of the room, and the smooth part faces the couch, you're not losing a ton of table space.

I think it'd be cooler if it was a nicer wood, or didn't use wood with weird knots in it?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I want a table that doubles as a techdeck skatepark

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

sneakyfrog posted:

ol frosty tips singlehandedly making this here forums relevant again for a brief moment without murder or pedo poo poo *pats bathroom*

And like his bathroom, he did it without his toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Wanna play Battletech on that table.
But not in that horrid bathroom.
Ye olden yikes.