Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Perhaps he should order a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger with no cheese.

Yeah this moron is just upset they won’t let him game the system for his own benefit, it’s the same argument as a hoarder with thirty coupons for the same item in the Walmart checkout line and similarly the cashiers have zero control over what the system lets them enter, so he’s raging against corporate policy that no one involved with the story has anything to do with

Also being genuinely upset there wasn’t any salad is genuinely weird, it’s not anywhere near a given and it wasn’t specifically promised so suck it up and swing through a drive through on the way home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I have an Italian friend that eats mashed potatoes with pasta for some reason

e: as a side dish, if that was unclear

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
take your time, arrive early eat all the things, conversate and dilly dally over deciding dessert. for fun, to keep the evening going. dont matter the place. even if its poo poo.

e: share each others loving food too ffs. but ask first.

i dunno this has just worked for me :shrug:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Splicer posted:

e: I have never made it eaten spaghetti with salad. Who thinks that's some kind of inviolable pairing?

this is how you find out you're a weird person

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Azerban posted:

this is how you find out you're a weird person
I'm not saying eating spaghetti with a side of salad is weird, but it's not something I'd ever have expected someone to assume.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

sneakyfrog posted:

e: share each others loving food too ffs. but ask first.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:catbert: i would have asked and found you incompatible and saved each other valuable time joey

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

CheesyDog posted:

r/relationship_advice
Old lady (51)& Husband (51) HELP me deal with inlaws. PLEASE!
u/InlawOutsider

God this is so horribly overwritten. I am going out on a limb saying 'Dick' brother in law does not suffer fools. Also LOL i am a bit overweight, dont eat beef but pasta and bread are fine. Should be the opposite

Edit also her husband brought up the beef thing lol. Must all be a conspiracy against her, everybody but her is at fault most certianly

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
planet fitness was a little while ago but just saw this and it made me laugh a little

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/planet-fitness-known-no-judgement-zone-allegedly-kicks-man-tourettes-004341713.html

"" posted:

A man from Southwest Florida claims he was asked to leave a Planet Fitness, a gym which boasts a “No Judgement Zone,” due to his medical condition.

Fox 4 Now reports that Josh Ertter visited a Planet Fitness in North Fort Myers, Fla. with his fiancé and his brother when, just minutes after he began his workout, an assistant manager told him he was making too much noise, and he was asked to leave. Employees were made aware of Ertter’s medical condition, Tourette’s, before he began his workout.

“He was like ‘sir, I know you have Tourette’s, and I know you can’t control it, but we’re going to have to ask you to leave. You’re not welcomed here.’ And I was like what? Seriously?” Ertter told the outlet.

Ertter, unsure of how to feel after the incident, told Fox 4 that his Tourettes is something out of his control. “Trust me, I swear if I could stop I would, I don’t enjoy doing this,” he said.

Ertter is hopeful that this incident doesn’t shine a negative light on Planet Fitness, but rather, it will help educate others about Tourette’s syndrome. He said, “I truly want to use this platform as a way to raise awareness for Tourette’s because of the lack of education. To get kicked out of somewhere and discriminated against for that, that’s just ignorance and intolerance.”

Tourette’s syndrome, which typically starts in childhood, is characterized by uncontrollable repetitive movements or unwanted sounds, called tics, which may include a person repeatedly blinking their eyes, shrugging the shoulders, or making noises. The cause of Tourette’s syndrome is unknown.

While Planet Fitness did not immediately respond to Yahoo Lifestyle’s requests for comment, they sent the following statement to Fox 4: “We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate incident that took place at our North Fort Myers club. In this instance, a staff member enforced a company policy in error. While the staff’s actions were not malicious in their intent, we are working closely with the franchise owner to re-educate the staff on our current policies and protocols. We have also contacted this guest directly to personally convey our sincerest regrets.”

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for wanting to take a date to Outback steakhouse?

He's a stupid rear end in a top hat for suggesting a garbage chain restaurant because he's a lazy idiot cheap rear end and she's a mean rear end in a top hat because she demanded a pricey restaurant an hour's drive away for a first date when they're college students. It's more that they're horribly incompatible than anything else, but dude shouldn't be expecting positive reactions from any girl in the world if he thinks Outback is a good date spot. :lol:

I'm very far from cool or hip in any way at all, but I would be put off in her shoes too. Choosing Outback is a weak rear end move.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

does the lunk alarm apply to people curling in the squat rack because those people are the worst

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tetramin posted:

not only can you cook it yourself, but you can do it at home for pennies on the dollar using only flour and water :science:

Is this a reference to the dude who got caught loving dough and then asked his wife to bake the cum-filled mixture?

Cause you should definitely serve cumcaccia on your first date

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I thought McDonalds prices were set regionally and franchise owners had no control over it.

Also isn't a cheese burger without cheese a hamburger?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I'm very far from cool or hip in any way at all, but I would be put off in her shoes too. Choosing Outback is a weak rear end move.
But this means you hate poor people.

It's funny to see the goons with true taste come out of the woodwork to defend the Outbacks and the Olive Gardens of the world.

Now, Red Lobster is where you take your date when you wanna get laid. Those lobster tails the size of Vienna sausages make the patties drop.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
when in doubt always choose a quality darden foods establishment.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Necros posted:

does the lunk alarm apply to people curling in the squat rack because those people are the worst

Nah. They have a different button that you can press that opens up a trap door under them that drops into a fiery pit of hell.

e: actually if that were true I’d start a membership to PF

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Is it snobby if I''d rather eat a bucket of KFC than Olive Garden?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

I think that just means you have functioning taste buds.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Leon Einstein posted:

Now, Red Lobster is where you take your date when you wanna get laid.
Someone taking me to Red Lobster probably would up his odds of getting laid, tbh

Just not that night, because I would be too full of biscuits

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sirens of cheddar bay take no prisoners

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Einstein posted:

It's very woke. The cheaper you get the better. I prove my bonafides to art school girls on Tinder by offering to split a bag of Fritos and some 40oz backwash I've been reconstituting

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Little bit late, but I hate fast casual places. If a first date said Outback was their favorite then that would be a dealbreaker. If I’m going to sit down, order, and wait for my food to arrive, then it’s not going to be at a place where everything is shipped in frozen and reheated by some dude making minimum wage. Local places can be bad too but at least when you go a new one you’re taking a chance on what you get. With fast casual it’s 100% the same across the board. Even fast food has its place, for when you’re feeling lazy after work and want something greasy without getting out of your car. Fast casual like outback, Applebee’s, Olive Garden, red lobster, qdoba, chipotles, five guys, and so on are all scourges that prey on people who don’t know any better.

There’s this idea that if you want to go someplace nice, then you have to get dressed up nice too. You don’t. If you want to check out that Italian restaurant you’ve never been to then you don’t need to have on your Sunday best. Nobody is going to care if you come in wearing jeans and an old t shirt. Some people don’t get this, and that opens up the market for places that offer “good” food without being intimidating. But, the food is only good compared to the even worse garbage you’re used to and the intimidation from the other places is all inside the person’s head.

There are also people who like fast casual because they’re afraid to try anything else. It’s consistent, local restaurants aren’t, and that turns a lot people off. If a potential date is afraid to try something new, then there’s no two ways about it, they aren’t the right person for me.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Coming from a community of rear end eaters, I don't think a single one of you are qualified to be shaming someone's dining establishment choices.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

If you don't like the giant cynical corporation maximizing profit by selling frozen meal kits in a potemkin restaurant you hate poor people :rolleyes:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a bloo bloo I just wanna call people who eat at restaurants I don't like dirty cretins, I thought this was my safe space to do that bloo bloo

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hawowanlawow posted:

a bloo bloo I just wanna call people who eat at restaurants I don't like dirty cretins, I thought this was my safe space to do that bloo bloo

Sir this is a Wendy's drive thru
and what will the lady be having?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Anne Whateley posted:

Someone taking me to Red Lobster probably would up his odds of getting laid, tbh

Just not that night, because I would be too full of biscuits

That's why you do it in reverse, sex first then food.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
Whenever i take my grandparents out to eat they always want to go to olive garden. Then they order spaghetti and meatballs, not even anything that might actually be tasty. They're old i guess

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/AmItheAsshole
AITA for buying my dream guitar? My fiance is threatening to leave me over it.
u/76hkremd

quote:

I've been playing guitar since I was about 8 years old (I'm 22 now). It's always been my dream to own a pre 1960s Gibson Les Paul.

I just happened to be googling around and found one litterlly exactly like I wanted. It's an Ebony finish with gold with 3 pickups and gold hardware. It was literally too good to pass up, I mean once in a lifetime, will never find again, had to buy it or never have the chance again opportunity. I tried to get financing from the dealer but it just wasn't happening so I took a credit card that had a __10,000 limit that I'd had since college and bought it. It came one day shipping and it is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It looks and plays like a dream.

My fiance is furious that I didn't consult with her, in my take our money is our money and she shouldn't panic. Her take is that I put our financial future at risk for something silly. I'm trying to tell her its not even a risk since these guitars ALWAYS go up in value and it's been my dream. She refuses to see this and to prove it to her the music store I bought it from is willing to buy it back from me, but she's mad now that I won't just sell it back so I shouldn't have said that because I'm never getting rid of this guitar. She is also mad about putting it on a credit card but to me that's exactly what credit cards are for...to buy once in a lifetime things that we can't afford on the spot. She says that's not true at all so I guess we just have to disagree over this because that will never be how I see it.

This isn't a relationship advice post because I'm not selling or getting rid of the guitar. But I want to know I really was an rear end in a top hat for buying it in the first place?

Edit: guitar is loving fake. I called them when the dude on here shared the link tp see if I could get an appraiser and they said they’ve been trying to call me for a few days. I just talked with the music store that sold it to me and they say an employee mislabeled it and put it online when they shouldn’t have, they are refunding my money including shipping. That was a roller coaster of a day. Wow. Nothing lost I guess

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CheesyDog posted:

Sir this is a Wendy's drive thru
and what will the lady be having?

gently caress off with this tired unfunny poo poo.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Elephant Ambush posted:

gently caress off with this tired unfunny poo poo.

I'm sorry if you found this stale and reheated - as the manager I'm happy to offer you a complementary bloomin' onion with your next meal.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

CheesyDog posted:

r/AmItheAsshole
u/76hkremd

Dying at this dudes idea of what credit is for. Good lord.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

r/AmItheAsshole
u/76hkremd

Buy the Tesla, dude. Its a smart move

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That guitar one is loving amazing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tetramin posted:

Dying at this dudes idea of what credit is for. Good lord.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

CheesyDog posted:

r/AmItheAsshole
u/76hkremd

Edit: guitar is loving fake. I called them when the dude on here shared the link tp see if I could get an appraiser and they said they’ve been trying to call me for a few days. I just talked with the music store that sold it to me and they say an employee mislabeled it and put it online when they shouldn’t have, they are refunding my money including shipping. That was a roller coaster of a day. Wow. Nothing lost I guess

I hope she leaves him anyway. buying the guitar in the first place was a dumb, short sighted move with a total lack of concern for involving your future wife in major decisions that affect both of you, it being a loving fake is like double down dumb squared

Also, I love that "our money is our money....to buy a guitar I want".

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
The vast majority of people use credit irresponsibly. If you ever carry a balance, you're doing it wrong.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

You really think picky people like pho? Tripe is often in pho.

In context, you have this backwards; the people who always eat at Applebees and Outback Steakhouse are the ones who won't try pho. My parents are that way and they had never had indian food until they were in their 50s.

Applebees, Chile's, etc aren't popular because they're good. They're popular because they serve the same kind of bland food that most Americans make at home and they have cheap drinks. There's nothing wrong with liking that kind of place but there's also nothing wrong with not wanting to date someone whose idea of good food is bland chain restaurant food. People have different palates

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

The vast majority of people use credit irresponsibly. If you ever carry a balance, you're doing it wrong.

"Nah, theyre the only ones using it right" - Credit Card Company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

these conversations about planet fitness and outback have really pulled the curtain back on how spoiled and classist the denizens of this thread are, lol

lol check out this hot take, indeed it must be the bougie pigs who prefer $5 street tacos to a $15 plate of chicken tenders