Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

onesixtwo posted:

Would play Quest 64 again for sure. I remember renting that terrible game.

It was like the only rpg on the 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I liked Quest 64 and I’d play it again if it was rereleased.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Really hope that those new Tetris99 modes that were datamined a few weeks ago show up soon. Sometimes my internet connection sucks, and I just wanna play some free tetris on my switch.

One of those modes was marathon so hopefully that’s coming soon. Would be nice to be able to practice when I’m offline.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
oh my god play the game boy game

quest for gbc features such things as:
-dialogue
-cutscenes
-a balanced elemental system
-a rival
-a plot
-twists in the plot
-a camera that doesn't pivot wildly, leading to you getting lost after your tenth fight in one of the three featureless caves

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I want to play Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon on my Nintendo Switch.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

snowbaord kids

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Super No Vacancy posted:

snowbaord kids

Snowboard games aren't allowed anymore.

At some point in the last few years The Executives decided snowboards weren't cool anymore.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

PantsBandit posted:

Yes this, a lot. I loved that game on n64.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

At some point in the last few years The Executives decided snowboards weren't cool anymore.

i have that Steep game but i've never played it but I presume it doesnt have cool kids

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

PantsBandit posted:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was right

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Quest 64 just might be the most :effort: video game title ever, at least if you don't count Atari 2600 stuff which at least had the excuse of being released a million years ago.

THQ: "OK, we've got this Japanese game called Eltale or something and they want us to call it Holy Magic Century here in the US. Nobody's gonna buy something with a stupid name like that, we need something more descriptive like Adventure... no wait that's taken, how about Quest? We also need to make it clear this is on the N64 so people won't be confused, so let's add 64 to the end."

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Quest 64 is bad. Play both the Goemon games instead.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Important news: Kotodama will come with stickers

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Surprisingly it's free. I could've thought about tossing them five bucks or so for it, more if it's substantial, so that's pretty cool.

That owns, can't wait.

PantsBandit posted:

I'd love this so god drat much. :smith:

It deserves a bit of a facelift to be honest.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Smash is a great Kirby game.

Apparently, I can play as other characters?... That seems a bit excessive.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

s.i.r.e. posted:

That owns, can't wait.

Considering what they charge for the toys or even digital of extra pilots it's pretty sweet because we're getting 3 new pilots and new missions. Who knows how many of those there will be, and to be honest the mission format isn't the most inventive thing in the world, but as long as the animation and voice acting holds up as it has through the Star Fox bits then I'll be happy. Though Wolf's voice is a bit weird, but I may be confusing him with another character.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PantsBandit posted:

This guy, me and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez gets it.

Yes, bloody Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon is AOC's favourite N64 game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

American McGay posted:

Quest 64 is bad. Play both the Goemon games instead.

Goemon are more of action RPGs but they’re very good. I’d love to see that series come back.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Back in the day I borrowed my friend's copy of the first N64 Goemon game and had a good time for a few hours, then at some point I got stuck because I had no idea where I was supposed to go next. I was a pretty dumb kid.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Goemon is the Dark Souls of Zelda

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I never beat Geomon (and a few other games) because I never had a save pack as a kid and couldn't talk my parents into buying me one for whatever reason, and now I'm kicking myself for not checking it out on the Wii

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

I played the hell out of SSX 3 and Tricky on the GameCube. I would love another one of those for the switch.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Skateboard games too! All _____boards games are now illegal. It's a shame because I'd kill for a Skate 4 or a THPS 5.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

play the gbc game, they sacrificed the third dimension for an actually finished (and fun) product
they... made a holy magic century gameboy game??

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Blotto_Otter posted:

Skateboard games too! All _____boards games are now illegal. It's a shame because I'd kill for a Skate 4 or a THPS 5.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The game that wasn't even on the disk when you bought it

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Looper posted:

oh my god play the game boy game

quest for gbc features such things as:

-a camera that doesn't pivot wildly, leading to you getting lost after your tenth fight in one of the three featureless caves

The camera only pivoted wildly if you ran from battles, and it would be set to the way you were running away. If you just fought/beat the battle, the camera would reset to the way it was facing before the fight.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The game that wasn't even on the disk when you bought it

The game was not even complete when they shipped it

Like it was very obviously the least acceptable product that they could put out to fulfill their 5-game contract

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
You'd think they would have struck when the iron was hot and put out a snowboarding game last year when Chloe Kim was a superstar but welp.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Really hope that those new Tetris99 modes that were datamined a few weeks ago show up soon. Sometimes my internet connection sucks, and I just wanna play some free tetris on my switch.

Puyo Puyo Tetris Demo has a lot of content. You don't really need to buy the full game if you just want to play Tetris.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Circle Nine posted:

The camera only pivoted wildly if you ran from battles, and it would be set to the way you were running away. If you just fought/beat the battle, the camera would reset to the way it was facing before the fight.

do not think to impugn my knowledge of quest 64, mortal

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Your Computer posted:

they... made a holy magic century gameboy game??

it's called quest: brian's journey and i don't think it got a pal release

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tayter Swift posted:

You'd think they would have struck when the iron was hot and put out a snowboarding game last year when Chloe Kim was a superstar but welp.

Who?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

This made me go back and read some reviews for the older Tony Hawk games and I came across this gem on IGN for THPS4

quote:

There's more of everything you love in Tony Hawk 4, but it's still not enough to make us appreciate it significantly more than Hawk 3. It's like having Jennifer Lopez's sister on your tip when you're already with J Lo herself. One or the other is fine, but having both means one is going to waste; although I'd force myself to come up with a solution to the Lopez situation.

loving yikes

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Butterfly Valley posted:

This made me go back and read some reviews for the older Tony Hawk games and I came across this gem on IGN for THPS4

loving yikes

Gaming culture from just a decade ago is so loving cringy and embarrassing. Of course it still is but in different ways.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Butterfly Valley posted:

loving yikes
He's right you know.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DLC Inc posted:

Nintendo you're porting the wrong N64 games. We don't want Turok

Reported.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Gaming culture from just a decade ago is so loving cringy and embarrassing. Of course it still is but in different ways.

Gamer culture has been insufferable ever since the day gaming started being 'mainstream' instead of 'nerdy.' Before then it was just cheezy and awkward. Like the big bang theory, only it was actually funny to watch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want Tuvok the dinosaur Hunter

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can probably get in a humble bundle for like $6 with the added bonus of kb/m support and a resolution higher than 600p.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I want Tuvok the dinosaur Hunter

I want Tuvix the dinosaur hunter

or Tuvix anything really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dwayne "Turok" Johnson