Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that's a lol

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I know ponies are pretty low tier but

'Pinky Pie's Party Platform'

https://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/misc/cygnar.html For a very large collection of other various warmahordes coated in 20 layers of neon poster paint

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Hustlin Floh posted:

Why are you assembling jerkoff girl miniatures

They've got some perfectly reasonable Seraphim knockoffs in full plate.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Honestly, if those didn't have the Pony association, I'd kind of dig them. Weird psychedelic ultra-colour mechawar would be hella dope. Gimme mechs covered in living LCD screens that flash brilliant ever-shifting patterns with fluttering streamers of hardlight in all the colours of the rainbow, mechs coated in reflective prisms so that enemy lasers burst into rainbows harmlessly around them, rocket launchers that are calibrated to play a jaunty tune with the roar of the cluster exhaust.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I like the one slipping on soap suds. There's even a little bit of blue dishwashing liquid in there.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Thin your paints Pony Bro.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I stared at that top image for literally 2 minutes trying to figure out why some dumb rear end wedding cake was in the miniatures thread.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Doctor Zero posted:

I stared at that top image for literally 2 minutes trying to figure out why some dumb rear end wedding cake was in the miniatures thread.

Sadly that's basically the actual model, just with some added bedazzling and technicolor cartoon party girls.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Give me a mirror finished jetpack hawk-mech that rains down prismatic beams of energy death from a cannon built to resemble a flaming sword while carried aloft by great hollow wings that flexibly wrap around it as spaced armour and whistle like grand organ pipes when in flight.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vermintide posted:

I know ponies are pretty low tier but

'Pinky Pie's Party Platform'

https://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/misc/cygnar.html For a very large collection of other various warmahordes coated in 20 layers of neon poster paint

I would like to believe that a wargamer's child painted it. I'm pretty sure it isn't, but I want to believe.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

If you weren't sure this is meant to be Cthulu and could be yours for $49 on kickstarter.

WTF is up with the praying hands on top of its wings?

Edit: getting imgur uploads working right on my phone is annoying as hell.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I don't think it's that bad, honestly. Part human, part dragon, part squid/octopus.

It's like how there's so many pictures of the "elephant"-headed alien in the Conan story "Tower of the Elephant" when the clear intension in the text is that the alien has a grasping limb on its "face" and used to have wings that, when unfurled, sort of looked like big elephant ears from a certain angle, but it wasn't a literal buff version of Ganesha.

Ol' Sleepy-Head is like if you threw a human, octopus and dragon together, but there can be many interpretations of that description.

Edit: The "praying hands" look like those little fingers (some?) bats have at the end of their wings that they use for crawling about. This isn't a bad Cthulhu figure, and it's a pretty good star-spawn figure. The price isn't hugely unreasonable, especially if they end up having to print each figure or something.

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 6, 2019

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Quote is not edit, as I have found out.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I appreciate the fact they're trying to do something different than Ol' Shambling Octopus Head, even if I don't particularly like the model itself.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Also part of the mythos is that Cthulhu can shapeshift to some extent so it makes sense that there would be weird forms he uses that don't make sense to mere mortals.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

They can't all be toddler sized miniatures

https://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/cmon-previews-cthulhu-for-cthulhu-death-may-die

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

"I couldn't help it. It just popped in there."
"Ray... what just popped in there?"

T-hoo-luu's been on the protein, from the looks of it.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

thicc

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

He did not skip leg day

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

That is not thin which eats eternal pie

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ugleb posted:

If you weren't sure this is meant to be Cthulu and could be yours for $49 on kickstarter.

I keep seeing this on Facebook it looks like shite.

Just buy the Bones one for half the price it's better http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/cthulhu/latest/77194

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I think the reason we see so little deviation for what Cthulu looks like is because Cthulu is one of the few horrors Lovecraft visually sketched out.

I guess you could say giant praying hands fit thematically because Cthulu is worshipped by humans, and thus might understand the concept. But I always thought the point of these ancient horrors was that they were too old, too important, and too alien for us to understand them or for them to care about us. Like a human observing bugs. It would be weird to taunt the bugs with how scary you are but I guess it does happen.

It's an okay mini but doesn't do it for me

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 6, 2019

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

I appreciate them trying to make him scary instead of a kaiju. one of the betterthulhus, even if the grinning face is creepypasta-tier horror.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Vermintide posted:

Sadly that's basically the actual model, just with some added bedazzling and technicolor cartoon party girls.

PP's lack of detail on large models still baffles me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ugleb posted:

I think the praying hands are kind of neat but that level of detail/sharpness is on par with what I'd expect from 28mm Reaper bones stuff.

I'd never want to CMON one but it's a much nicer model imo.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Ugleb posted:

I don't hate it. Cthulu miniatures are inherently stupid, trying to make a model of something that's supposed to be indescribable is just bad form. I do appreciate how the model looks big, but without taking up a lot of table space, I appreciate the pose.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

PinheadSlim posted:

I think the reason we see so little deviation for what Cthulu looks like is because Cthulu is one of the few horrors Lovecraft visually sketched out.

I guess you could say giant praying hands fit thematically because Cthulu is worshipped by humans, and thus might understand the concept. But I always thought the point of these ancient horrors was that they were too old, too important, and too alien for us to understand them or for them to care about us. Like a human observing bugs. It would be weird to taunt the bugs with how scary you are but I guess it does happen.

It's an okay mini but doesn't do it for me

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits pooping.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Failson posted:

PP's lack of detail on large models still baffles me.
You called?

What if instead of spending precious time and money on designing and sculpting a remotely plausible and interesting model we just mash a few basic solids together, add some old 40k guns, sprinkle it with some random rivets and panel lines, and put the whole thing on train engine wheels? gently caress design, we've got a gold mine right here! :haw:

(it looks even worse from the rear)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Oh poo poo I remember fighting that thing in Metal Slug

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Looks kinda like the technodrome.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pierzak posted:

You called?

What if instead of spending precious time and money on designing and sculpting a remotely plausible and interesting model we just mash a few basic solids together, add some old 40k guns, sprinkle it with some random rivets and panel lines, and put the whole thing on train engine wheels? gently caress design, we've got a gold mine right here! :haw:

That doesn't look any worse than the other stuff in the line, and has a sort of goofy charm about it.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Oh poo poo I remember fighting that thing in Metal Slug

Okay, I loving love it now.

The Moon Monster posted:

Looks kinda like the technodrome.

OKAY, I REALLY loving LOVE IT NOW.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I see a Futurama robot. It has clear mouth/eye spots and everything

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Why’s it have teeth?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Moose-Alini posted:

Why’s it have teeth?

So it can eat coal, of course.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Pierzak posted:

You called?

From the back it just looks like a squished steam train. But the guns sticking out to the side, and the little hatch thing poking out the top just makes me think of Fatbot from Futurama.

I just noticed from the page, the train wheels are wrapped in tank treads, so that's why it's "railless." Very odd design.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Desfore posted:

From the back it just looks like a squished steam train. But the guns sticking out to the side, and the little hatch thing poking out the top just makes me think of Fatbot from Futurama.

I just noticed from the page, the train wheels are wrapped in tank treads, so that's why it's "railless." Very odd design.

Why is the smoke stack at the back. That makes no sense.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Chiwie posted:

Why is the smoke stack at the back. That makes no sense.

Because the guns are on the front. Duh.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Pierzak posted:

You called?

I'm the penile flamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pierzak posted:

You called?

I'm sorry but I just can't love this hosed up tiny train