Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
PC gamers are the worst. They have an inferiority complex so large it's no wonder they are all morbidly obese 30 year old neckbeard virgins.

Cool people play on consoles. Because they have friends who can sit on the couch next to them. Losers sit at their desk and wear headphones and cry themselves to sleep while cuddling their 144 hz monitor.

Then there are the goofs that hook their computers to their TVs to try to appear to be cool. But no one is sucking their dicks, either.

"Hey, check out my cool video game set up."

"Is that Windows 10?"

"No, it's Win7, I'll never change."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

PC gamers are the worst. They have an inferiority complex so large it's no wonder they are all morbidly obese 30 year old neckbeard virgins.

Cool people play on consoles. Because they have friends who can sit on the couch next to them. Losers sit at their desk and wear headphones and cry themselves to sleep while cuddling their 144 hz monitor.

Then there are the goofs that hook their computers to their TVs to try to appear to be cool. But no one is sucking their dicks, either.

"Is that Windows 10?"

Gaming on a pc is clearly better

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

"Is that Windows 10?"

that would explain the 20 other posts just like yours in the last three pages

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Gaming with your buds on couch isn't much of a thing anymore outside of Ninteno games. A lot of games on other consoles don't even support that as an option at all.

e: and fighting games

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 6, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I put everyone who suggests playing computer video games on non-home-video-game-consoles is superior to playing them on home video game consoles on ignore just like people who equate scovilles with taste.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

"Is that Windows 10?"

meanwhile, in reality, console games regularly ship without local multiplayer

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Local multiplayer is passing the controller to the next person when you die

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

poisonpill posted:

Now really. Co-op is the best. Competitive like Winter Games is second best. Taking turns is inferior to board games so no-one ever did or does that unless they have some sort of inflammation of the brain.

Oh sorry definitely not on-topic for this thread so sue me.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

poisonpill posted:

Local singleplayer

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Waltzing Along posted:

"Is that Windows 10?"

I can seamlessly alt tab between playing a game and reading your terrible post, now who's the loser

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

steinrokkan posted:

I can seamlessly alt tab between playing a game and reading your terrible post, now who's the loser

You, the person with a gaming PC and only one monitor

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Bloodborne isn’t on PC

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

christmas boots posted:

Bloodborne isn’t on PC

*bursts panting through the door*
Yes it is! You just have to sign up for some kind of Sony account and then stream it from an always on live feed on the second week of each month

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

You, the person with a gaming PC and only one monitor

:laffo:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

christmas boots posted:

Bloodborne isn’t on PC

I'm not trolling here but can someone explain what differentiates Bloodborne from Dark Souls enough that people seem to love Bloodborne so drat much?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

poisonpill posted:

*bursts panting through the door*
Yes it is! You just have to sign up for some kind of Sony account and then stream it from an always on live feed on the second week of each month

*Whispering, voice trembling with range*
Get... out.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

"Is that Windows 10?"

It's good to celebrate yourself and expressing things honestly is a way of doing that, but this poo poo is soooo stupid and i think you think it's smart but that's WrOnG bucko

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Boogerman was top 3 Mega Drive platformer material

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What I Want:

a laptop that could handle games at 60FPS on its own, that I could hook into a dock at home that shoots off to my 1440p/144Hz G-sync monitor, and that can be streamed to my Steamlink or, alternatively, have a device in my TV capable of playing my games, I'd be done.

I also don't want to spend much money.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Waltzing Along posted:

Cool people play on consoles. Because they have friends who can sit on the couch next to them.

I wish this was still true. Unfortunately they figured out they can sell X more consoles and copies if they made everyone play online (which you have to pay for) rather than encouraging developers to make co-op games.

Nintendo has the right idea by not only making their consoles portable, but you can use like whatever dozen iterations of nintendo controller that exists now

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

jokes posted:

What I Want:

a laptop that could handle games at 60FPS on its own, that I could hook into a dock at home that shoots off to my 1440p/144Hz G-sync monitor, and that can be streamed to my Steamlink or, alternatively, have a device in my TV capable of playing my games, I'd be done.

I also don't want to spend much money.

I think they do this but the laptop is like $2000+, the dock is another several hundred and you have to provide your own GPU for it so that's another $3-500

e: also while there are a bunch of laptops with discrete GPUs that will play modern games at 60fps, they almost uniformly will set your desk/crotch on fire without a secondary cooling setup

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Boogerman was top 3 Mega Drive platformer material
Wrong

Castlevania: bloodlines, Shinobi 3, Contra: hardcorps

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

"Is that Windows 10?"

But you can play the pee cee on the couch and also local game with friends and they can use their favorite game stick.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Rutibex posted:

Wrong

Castlevania: bloodlines, Shinobi 3, Contra: hardcorps

Wrong

Gunstar Heroes, Vectorman 2 and Strider

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Embarrassing lack of Dynamite Headdy itt

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

my favourite thing about pc games is that devs don't give a gently caress and usually stop patching them quickly or never other patching them at all

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

A powerful self own

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

ChazTurbo posted:

But you can play the pee cee on the couch and also local game with friends and they can use their favorite game stick.

Shhh, don't reveal our secrets to the bozo

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I bought Anthem and so far it's been pretty fun. You get to fly around like Ironman with 3 other assholes in a giant waterfall jungle. Not sure why everyone is so bent out of shape over this game.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Devils Affricate posted:

I bought Anthem and so far it's been pretty fun. You get to fly around like Ironman with 3 other assholes in a giant waterfall jungle. Not sure why everyone is so bent out of shape over this game.

the whole game seems to be in that dumbass waterfall jungle, what kind of game only has one environment? I guess the loading screen is the other environment

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Caesar Saladin posted:

my favourite thing about pc games is that devs don't give a gently caress and usually stop patching them quickly or never other patching them at all

That's not true at all. I'm suspecting you might not now what you're talking about.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

the whole game seems to be in that dumbass waterfall jungle, what kind of game only has one environment? I guess the loading screen is the other environment

Nah you also go inside technology caves

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Devils Affricate posted:

I'm in the same situation, it's really fun! And the face animations are pretty amazing, plenty of cool conversations to be had. The story seems kind on nonsensical, though. But I'm not through with it, maybe I'll be sick of it by the end of the game.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Lambert posted:

That's not true at all. I'm suspecting you might not now what you're talking about.

it happened to me when i bought Nier Automata and had to download a fan made patch to get it to actually use all of my graphics card and not run at 45fps on my 1060

i guess they updated it to add some DLC though?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
That's a console port. I thought you were talking about PC games; stuff like Divinity Original Sin or the like.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
imagine taking pride in console gaming

Or any sort of gaming really I mean jesus christ have you guys met gamers?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Devils Affricate posted:

Probably because the game is so well made the starting rifle is the best weapon in the game

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

no its a pc game, its a game sold on the pc to be played on the pc but also didn't work on my pc without downloading a fan made patch

i guess pc gaming is good for virgin genres like moba, rts, citybuilders etc

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Oh, for sure man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Devils Affricate posted:

People get a bit hyperbolic in the Anthem thread because it's pretty fun to poke fun at a broken product. Also a lot of the top posters in the Anthem thread are weirdos from the Destiny thread who have spent weeks making GBS threads on Anthem in the Anthem thread.

I personally think the game is worth a few hours because there's cool stuff in the game - one of which is flying around with your friends and killing expendable mobs. The issues, imo, mostly come at endgame where the content dries up almost completely...

I never got any gamebreaking bugs or whatever so the experience was smooth for me. But the endgame and decisions like NO CHAT are inexcusable imo

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 6, 2019