Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

indigi posted:

if you don't have five or six 5-star cafes in your Plaza, idk what you're even doing. you can get a pokemon from 60 to 100 in a day like ten minutes

e: the Festival Plaza is so easy to exploit once you have a handful of good favorite guests, I'm drowning in gold bottlecaps and big nuggets
Explain me more. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Zedd posted:

Explain me more. :stare:

I don't have the game on me now to find the exact name/stars, but there are certain lottery stalls that always give the same reward the first time you use it after it opens; one of them always gives a big nugget, one of them always gives a bottle cap or gold bottle cap. once you find a person who offers to introduce you to that stall, you favorite them, give them the coins to bring the stall to your plaza and use the stall, guaranteeing you get the item you're looking for. then you replace that stall with the other one you want, and repeat until you're out of festival coins or you have enough of whatever you want.

e: here's a guide that may explain it a little clearer, it only has the bottle cap stall and not the big nugget/gold bottle cap one though. I forget what those are called

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

My favorite part of Incineroar was people of culture immediately noticing he was a heel due to the design sheet and calling out that it'd be Fire/Dark, a neat combination. Then every schmuck out there went "uhh bipedal and muscular?? that's a fighting type" unable to grasp what a heel was no matter how many times it was explained.

Not to mention those who got so ferociously butthurt he was wrestling themed that they refuse to acknowledge he's a dark type and insist he's fire/fighting but with a different label. It's like my dudes I get it, you wanted a sleek quadrupedal tiger. This wasn't it and that is indeed a bummer but it's still a perfectly interesting serviceable pokemon with a fun gimmick. My heart got ripped out when Spritzee's evolution didn't turn out the way I wanted it to but I still bred a good cleric Aromatisse because I eventually got over it. Granted I'm still waiting on a plague doctor-esque pokemon but what can ya do?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

actually it sucks

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In the alternate timeline where Incineroar is a quadruped, people hate it because it's "boring" and also "not cute".

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I can tolerate him but he seems just a tad more cartoony in his proportions than most (maybe it's the huge hands?) and that makes him seem off to me

but I always prefer the more animal-like pokemon and Incineroar is basically a guy in a fursuit

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

indigi posted:

actually it sucks

So does a vacuum and yet it performs a vital service. :v:

Funky Valentine posted:

In the alternate timeline where Incineroar is a quadruped, people hate it because it's "boring" and also "not cute".

Exactly.

Winklebottom posted:

I can tolerate him but he seems just a tad more cartoony in his proportions than most (maybe it's the huge hands?) and that makes him seem off to me

but I always prefer the more animal-like pokemon and Incineroar is basically a guy in a fursuit

He's somewhere between badass and goofy as gently caress I can't help but love him for it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YaketySass posted:

Incineroar's real crime is its shiny not being yellow.

You mean purple like one of his Smash Alts.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Incineroar is Cool and My Friend :mad:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Whalley posted:

Incineroar is Cool and My Friend :mad:

His final smash should have been The Worm.

Just sayin.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
:toot: Happy 8th birthday to:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

less laughter posted:

I think Reshiram might be my least favorite design in the series. Maybe it's the crotch fur

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

so majestic *_*

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

iiiiiiii loooooooooooove reshiraaaaaaaaaaaaaam

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

actually it's bad and the other one is at least kind of good

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

lubby chudder

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I remember enjoying Gen V well enough but looking at the list of the Gen V pokemon, there are some real duds I'd happily forgotten

:effort:

Joltik/Galvantula are some of my all-time favorites though

so fuzzy

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 6, 2019

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I love Zekrom

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Joltik is no doubt the cutest bug type. Even Galvantula is cute.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

indigi posted:

I don't have the game on me now to find the exact name/stars, but there are certain lottery stalls that always give the same reward the first time you use it after it opens; one of them always gives a big nugget, one of them always gives a bottle cap or gold bottle cap. once you find a person who offers to introduce you to that stall, you favorite them, give them the coins to bring the stall to your plaza and use the stall, guaranteeing you get the item you're looking for. then you replace that stall with the other one you want, and repeat until you're out of festival coins or you have enough of whatever you want.

e: here's a guide that may explain it a little clearer, it only has the bottle cap stall and not the big nugget/gold bottle cap one though. I forget what those are called

The way to go is to get a VIP guest who offers you a Level 2 Lottery Stall of the kind that gives you a regular bottle cap (forget what it's called). Every time you level up, take the new stall Sophocles offers you and overwrite the lottery stall with it, then go to your VIP and get the lottery stall back. A Bottle Cap for the cost of 100 FC. You don't really need a way of getting gold ones once you have that set up, you can get regular ones at a decent pace.

It has to be level 2 because the level 1 gives you something else on the first try.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ada posted:

Gen V was the first time I bothered to use a bug-type
They're good friends

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Paras and Venonat will always have a place in my heart as Gen 1 cuties, and there are good bugs from later gens (Shuckle and Dwebble are great), but Joltik is S tier. Really looking forward to the gen 8 bugs.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Ada posted:

I hate most G5 Pokemon and think G5 in general did a lot of stupid things but Joltik is the best Pokemon ever. Tiny fuzzy tingly buddy who can fit in the palm of your hand. Unlike Tynamo, the other cute little guy who captured my heart, he even gets cool when he evolves instead of stupid. Galvantula ended up being my favourite friend on my Black run-through where I chose stupid ugly Emboar. (Smugleaf was the superior choice and I went with him on my Black 2 run.)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Winklebottom posted:

I remember enjoying Gen V well enough but looking at the list of the Gen V pokemon, there are some real duds I'd happily forgotten

:effort:

Remember when people legit thought this thing was getting into Smash because it'd make a feasible echo for Gardevoir (who was "leaked" as getting in) and would be a source of Gen 5 rep?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Joltik wasn't even the cutest bug in gen V

Gen V had a handful of lines that had three stages needlessly (Reuniclus did not need to be three stages for example) but in general I felt it was one of the strongest gens. I do think some of the names we got are a lot more awkward though. Stuff like Throh and Sawk, while to this day still make me think of different pronunciations than intended, remind me more of the beta names for Gen 1 then something they would normally come up with. Pokemon names shouldn't be one syllable I guess.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

less laughter posted:

For real? Happy birthday, Gen V.

And Shaq.

and me

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Diet Poison posted:

For real? Happy birthday, Gen V.

And Shaq.

happy birthday shaq

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

some people say that Shaq is the Gen V of centers

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This is actually a promo shot for the new live action sonic the hedgehog movie

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Im assuming this will double as a general pokemon thread for now?

In SM, does the Exp share reduces the amount of experience the main pokemon receives?

Does the experience the other ones change based on how many pokemons are in my party?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ada posted:

and there are good bugs from later gens (Shuckle and Dwebble are great)

Ah, a person of culture and taste. Shuckle rules.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mr. Nemo posted:

...This is the general Pokemon megathread. Can you double on being yourself? Is this thread Megathread/Megathread?

quote:

In SM, does the Exp share reduces the amount of experience the main pokemon receives?

Does the experience the other ones change based on how many pokemons are in my party?

Both are nos. Your main Pokemon still gets full exp and the others get the same amount of exp regardless of how many Pokemon you have.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Blaze Dragon posted:

...This is the general Pokemon megathread. Can you double on being yourself? Is this thread Megathread/Megathread?

Megathread/Fighting

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is the general Pokemon megathread doubling as the general Monpoke megathread.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mr. Nemo posted:

Get used to switching pokemon, because every pokemon that participates gets full exp while the Exp Share is active

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

indigi posted:

if you don't have five or six 5-star cafes in your Plaza, idk what you're even doing. you can get a pokemon from 60 to 100 in a day like ten minutes

e: the Festival Plaza is so easy to exploit once you have a handful of good favorite guests, I'm drowning in gold bottlecaps and big nuggets

Is there a good guide somewhere? I’ll admit this is one area of Gen 7 I’ve kinda ignored.

E: top of page

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I can’t remember who posted it, but somebody said they didn’t have Zen Mode Darmanitan. I have a couple HA Darumaka in case anyone wants one

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Winklebottom posted:

Joltik/Galvantula are some of my all-time favorites though

so fuzzy

kill pikachu and make joltik the new mascot

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ada posted:

Paras and Venonat will always have a place in my heart as Gen 1 cuties, and there are good bugs from later gens (Shuckle and Dwebble are great), but Joltik is S tier. Really looking forward to the gen 8 bugs.

Paras is very cute, but Parasect definitely vapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

indigi posted:

Incineroar would only be good if it were knee high, but it isn't, so it's not

We already have Hawlucha.