Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

G0RF posted:

“I was working on that side of it for the first year, mostly on a vertical slice.

:discourse:

But CIG doens't waste time and resources making useless demos!

Strangler 42 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

I didn't like Rex's steam at first but now I've come to love it. It is genuinely hilarious to see this guy struggle with Star Citizen. All the time in the background there are confused voices saying "Why did I die?", "What happened?", "My ship has no guns.", "I've crashed."

Some bits which made me chuckle:

They thought they got shot at first but no-one was shooting. They work out it was a bug.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390974001?t=1h5m5s

The party system has a bug causing some guy called Mercy to appear on Rex's team when he's actually on the other side. He kills Rex causing much confusion. Rex bans him.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390974001?t=2h19m30s

Zyloh appears. The game crashes almost instantly.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390974001?t=2h43m10s

They kill the guy in the cockpit. The game crashes.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390974001?t=3h47m50s

This guy has to do the same crap shootout (he always seems to have the same gun) on a dusty, rocky canyon every night with a game that hardly works. Man, this is the kind of comedy I love in Star Citizen.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Pash posted:

For those of you interested in how many ways Anthem can gently caress things up, the best loot in the loot based shooter turns out to literally be the starting weapon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ay0oh7/psa_the_level_1_defender_rifle_is_the_best_weapon/

Turns out either damage scaling is completely wrong or the numbers that pop up when you shoot things are complete lies.

Holy poo poo, that's amazing. It's a game about grinding better and better gear for hundreds of hours, but none of the gear actually makes you stronger? They shouldn't have called it Anthem; it should have been called Sisyphus.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

The guy has done a Reginald Perrin.

Guess someone needs to go lay eyes on the actual body because that's a hell of a chain of custody to subvert. Not saying that it wouldn't be easier in India, but there's got to be a squealer somewhere.

Wonder where the widow is.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Peter.Quint posted:

I didn't like Rex's steam at first but now I've come to love it. It is genuinely hilarious to see this guy struggle with Star Citizen. All the time in the background there are confused voices saying "Why did I die?", "What happened?", "My ship has no guns.", "I've crashed."

They thought they got shot at first but no-one was shooting. They work out it was a bug.

The party system has a bug causing some guy called Mercy to appear on Rex's team when he's actually on the other side. He kills Rex causing much confusion. Rex bans him.

This guy has to do the same crap shootout (he always seems to have the same gun) on a dusty, rocky canyon every night with a game that hardly works. Man, this is the kind of comedy I love in Star Citizen.

Just watched a bit after Zyloh joined and the server crashed. There is this wonderful moment after he rejoins where you can see his expression and i imagine him thinking "they are not paying me enough for this poo poo"

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Enchanted Hat posted:

Holy poo poo, that's amazing. It's a game about grinding better and better gear for hundreds of hours, but none of the gear actually makes you stronger? They shouldn't have called it Anthem; it should have been called Sisyphus.

So to be fair, it sounds like its only the weapons that have the issue, armor works right apparently lol. So yes, the starting gun is the most powerful weapon but you need good armor or you will get toasted even faster by end game baddies. So, they got like 50% of it right. Which is all we can expect from a AAA game right? :psyduck:

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Agony Aunt posted:

Just watched a bit after Zyloh joined and the server crashed. There is this wonderful moment after he rejoins where you can see his expression and i imagine him thinking "they are not paying me enough for this poo poo"

Oh there's a lot of that. A lot of rubbing the forehead with his eyes closed as he tries to remember the sweet whale cash he gets for playing this disaster of a game.

I bet the bits of his life when he's not playing Star Citizen seem to flash by and then every night it's back to the rocky canyon...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Peter.Quint posted:

Oh there's a lot of that. A lot of rubbing the forehead with his eyes closed as he tries to remember the sweet whale cash he gets for playing this disaster of a game.

I bet the bits of his life when he's not playing Star Citizen seem to flash by and then every night it's back to the rocky canyon...

Until the inevitable, 'I am hollow like death' post.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

quote:

lol

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

So, what's happened in the last three weeks

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Enchanted Hat posted:

My money is that enemies insta-scale with your gear and they hosed up the calculations.

In any case they are obviously incompetent as hell.

e: lol, I'm the hack whisperer. AMA

quote:

Original post: Just did a test and confirmed, it does seem like enemy scaling is based mainly around the level of whatever damaged them. I ended up just crafting the epic version of the same gun so the test would be as 1-to-1 as possible, used the first mob I found in freemode. Took 4 shots with the level 1 gun, took almost the entire clip with the epic. Gear damage doesn't seem to change based on which weapon you are actively using, but level 1 gear was 1-shotting mobs in GM1 with this setup as well.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 7, 2019

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Hav posted:

Wonder where the widow is.

She’s in court in Nova Scotia, where the whole Quadriga mess is being hammered out at great length (and cost).

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Even the tutorials are alpha, tier-0, need refactoring, whatever.

Coming soon: Tutorial JPEG pledges

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I'm not military but after Katrina they would deliver MREs to us from the back of an ambulance each night. They were terrible and the joke about a rock or something was tired after the first hour. I was very clogged up from that event and didn't feel all that great; but because so much was happening I couldn't just pin it down to the MRE destroying me. There was a lot of other factors trying to cause me harm and the MREs were just a small part of it all.

Funny though that I had to eat them for a long time but I barely recall even eating a few of them, but I guess that's how memory repression is supposed to work. :(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

It's like you sold a guy a plate of spaghetti and meatballs for 2000 dollars, then you called across town to ask another kitchen to make 3 strands of spaghetti while you had your cook make the other strands but he'd never seen spaghetti so you drew him a bunch of lines and told him to get to it, then you went back to the customer and told him you were almost done and it was so good but maybe he'd like to wait a little longer and give you another 200 bucks and you'd add cheese, meanwhile the other kitchen had delivered the 3 strands but you didn't like the length so you threw them in the trash and refused to pay, and your cook had gone outside and collected a pile of sticks which he was insisting matched your drawing, so you fired him and cut out some pictures from a recipe book which you took back out to the customer and told him "Look I took some photos of the spaghetti, mmmm look how good, going to need another 100 bucks tho" and at this point it had been 7 hours but this was the stupidest, richest, most patient customer who'd ever lived so he said sure and to keep him interested you fished out one of the garbage spaghetti strands and sent that out on a plate, and then he asked about sauce and oh poo poo you forgot you were supposed to make that, so you told him actually the sauce is in your mind and you need to really savor that single strand and you hired a guy to come in off the street and eat another strand next to him while making orgasm noises and then you told him the meal was over and the strand he'd just eaten was the whole dish and he left you a 5 star review on Yelp.

:lol:

Who told you about my side gig as a pasta eating orgasm faker? Do you have any idea how hard it is to drum up all the people to stand around and clap while this happens? Not to mention the social media clips that need to go out and the vote botting that propels the pasta to the next level of realization.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Quavers posted:

Even the tutorials are alpha, tier-0, need refactoring, whatever.

Coming soon: Tutorial JPEG pledges

A reminder that they actually had an in-game tutorial back in like 2015 but it was incredibly broken and they took it out.

So this is more like Tutorial 2.0

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

I'm not military but after Katrina they would deliver MREs to us from the back of an ambulance each night. They were terrible and the joke about a rock or something was tired after the first hour. I was very clogged up from that event and didn't feel all that great; but because so much was happening I couldn't just pin it down to the MRE destroying me. There was a lot of other factors trying to cause me harm and the MREs were just a small part of it all.

Funny though that I had to eat them for a long time but I barely recall even eating a few of them, but I guess that's how memory repression is supposed to work. :(

Asterix, as usual, got you covered

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sarsapariller posted:

A reminder that they actually had an in-game tutorial back in like 2015 but it was incredibly broken and they took it out.

So this is more like Tutorial 2.0

And the backers approved.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Agony Aunt posted:

Imagine making a game so bad, a man you're paying to pretend to have fun playing it can't do it.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AlbieQuirky posted:

She’s in court in Nova Scotia, where the whole Quadriga mess is being hammered out at great length (and cost).

I read up. It’s quite the story.

I like that the supply of bitcoin comedy is limitless.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

What is Lesnick's opinion on this subject?

Probably something racist and/or disgusting.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
What's happening with the Crytek vs CIG case? Is it over already?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scruffpuff posted:

Imagine making a game so bad, a man you're paying to pretend to have fun playing it can't do it.

We don't have to imagine :D

Jeez, just watch the video though. The guy is twitchy as hell. Its like he is coked up to the nines, but it might just be the red bull.

If he carries on like this his is going to have a psychotic breakdown.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

no_recall posted:

What's happening with the Crytek vs CIG case? Is it over already?

Nope, still plodding along. But Crytek have lost on a few points. It might still make it to discovery.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Peter.Quint posted:

Clips like these are always fun because they show how much Rex viewbots, even without needing the graphs that Cool Buff Man posted. I've never seen a twitch stream that supposedly has 1.5k-3k viewers and has a chat that moves that slow. If you have 1k-3k viewers and your chat is easily readable after you die and not spammed with "F" or some emote, then you're viewbotting.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Rex. Dude. My guy.

Take the loving hat off.

Youre indoors, playing a video game.

#FreeTheHead. #FreeTheHair

Just ban anyone who laughs at your bald spot, its all good.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Sarsapariller posted:

It's like you sold a guy a plate of spaghetti and meatballs for 2000 dollars, then you called across town to ask another kitchen to make 3 strands of spaghetti while you had your cook make the other strands but he'd never seen spaghetti so you drew him a bunch of lines and told him to get to it, then you went back to the customer and told him you were almost done and it was so good but maybe he'd like to wait a little longer and give you another 200 bucks and you'd add cheese, meanwhile the other kitchen had delivered the 3 strands but you didn't like the length so you threw them in the trash and refused to pay, and your cook had gone outside and collected a pile of sticks which he was insisting matched your drawing, so you fired him and cut out some pictures from a recipe book which you took back out to the customer and told him "Look I took some photos of the spaghetti, mmmm look how good, going to need another 100 bucks tho" and at this point it had been 7 hours but this was the stupidest, richest, most patient customer who'd ever lived so he said sure and to keep him interested you fished out one of the garbage spaghetti strands and sent that out on a plate, and then he asked about sauce and oh poo poo you forgot you were supposed to make that, so you told him actually the sauce is in your mind and you need to really savor that single strand and you hired a guy to come in off the street and eat another strand next to him while making orgasm noises and then you told him the meal was over and the strand he'd just eaten was the whole dish and he left you a 5 star review on Yelp.

:ck5:
God drat, I'm dying laughing so hard.

SCLUL
Jan 11, 2019

Sarsapariller posted:

:vince: The comedy has been top tier this week

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inkel posted:

Clips like these are always fun because they show how much Rex viewbots, even without needing the graphs that Cool Buff Man posted. I've never seen a twitch stream that supposedly has 1.5k-3k viewers and has a chat that moves that slow. If you have 1k-3k viewers and your chat is easily readable after you die and not spammed with "F" or some emote, then you're viewbotting.

Well, its just continuing the fine tradition set out by CI!G. After all, there will be a 100 to 1 ratio of NPCs to players in the 'verse, so its only right there should be a 100 to 1 ratio of bots to viewers on their flagship twitch stream.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Sarsapariller posted:

:discourse:

I laughed out loud.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Colostomy Bag posted:

That link took about as long to load as Star Citizen.

Like the Blogs, it requires some persistence to get through.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Rex. Dude. My guy.

Take the loving hat off.

Youre indoors, playing a video game.

#FreeTheHead. #FreeTheHair

Just ban anyone who laughs at your bald spot, its all good.

as a bald spot haver, just own that poo poo. Yell about how you're"the new fighting monks of the Star Citizen age" or some poo poo. Major rep with the balding whale crowd.

No_talent fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Mar 7, 2019

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Are we going to take bets on how long Rex can stand it for the cash? Can he go indefinitely?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I finally found an explanation for what 'open developmemt' actually means for CI not G:

Terry Pratchett, The Truth posted:

“And these are your reasons, my lord?"

"Do you think I have others?" said Lord Vetinari. "My motives, as ever, are entirely transparent."

Hughnon reflected that 'entirely transparent' meant either that you could see right through them or that you couldn't see them at all.”

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lord Stimperor posted:

I finally found an explanation for what 'open developmemt' actually means for CI not G:

My favourite quote regarding Vetinari could be applied to CR as well.

"Ankh-Morpork was a democracy. One man, one vote. Lord Vetinari was the man, he had the vote."

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Vetinari's actually competent though.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

No_talent posted:

as a bald spot haver, just own that poo poo. Yell about how you're"the new fighting monks of the Star Citizen age" or some poo poo. Major rep with the balding whale crowd.

Seriously. Either that or go bald or style yourself after Picard or something.

But most importantly, gently caress wearing a hat, indoors, while playing a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/foundry-42-ltd-rebrands-to-cloud-imperium-games-ltd