Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

sticklefifer posted:

I know I keep harping on these guys in the thread, but holy gently caress the new Inter Arma album Sulphur English is shaping up to be awesome. They've released 3 tracks so far, and they're all incredibly diverse:

Citadel (death sludge)
Stillness (stoner doom)
The Atavist's Meridian (blackened prog)

The drumming on that 3rd track. :stare: April 12 can't get here soon enough for me.

idk if it's just me but I rarely ever want to listen to single tracks released early by bands I already know I love, I'll just force myself to wait for the album so I don't spoil any of it. so, I'm not clicking those :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Varg posted:

idk if it's just me but I rarely ever want to listen to single tracks released early by bands I already know I love, I'll just force myself to wait for the album so I don't spoil any of it. so, I'm not clicking those :colbert:

Not just you.

One major reason I still haven't heard Agalloch's last album is a couple of tracks off it were missing from Spotify and I've been too lazy to check it out somewhere else, not to mention too poor to buy a physical record without hearing it first.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Varg posted:

Same, they release the good tracks as spoilers and then the rest of the album is mediocre, it's a poo poo practice

loving NB hosed up the violent sleep of reason for me by doing this. I hate them

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 7, 2019

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Mr. Pickles posted:

Same, they release the good tracks as spoilers and then the rest of the album is mediocre, it's a poo poo practice

So basically, releasing all the singles before the album comes out at once?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mr. Pickles posted:

loving NB hosed up the violent sleep of reason for me by doing this. I hate them

I feel you, it's kind of the musical equivalent of spoilers. Though I think some bands do it well; Enslaved's last few albums released preview singles that weren't the best tracks on them, and they just hyped me up for the release even more. I generally don't like to pre-order anything, but there are a few bands where I can't help myself.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

sticklefifer posted:

I know I keep harping on these guys in the thread, but holy gently caress the new Inter Arma album Sulphur English is shaping up to be awesome. They've released 3 tracks so far, and they're all incredibly diverse:

Citadel (death sludge)
Stillness (stoner doom)
The Atavist's Meridian (blackened prog)

The drumming on that 3rd track. :stare: April 12 can't get here soon enough for me.

I don't mind spoiling Christmas...

You're right! This is incredibly diverse AND awesome!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Not entirely metal but I’m going to see Uncle Acid and Graveyard tonight and I’m beyond stoked.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Not entirely metal but I’m going to see Uncle Acid and Graveyard tonight and I’m beyond stoked.

gently caress I forgot to buy tickets to the NY show and now I'm gonna have to pay $60 each for them

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

deedee megadoodoo posted:

My buddy is there with his mom right now

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

I feel you, it's kind of the musical equivalent of spoilers. Though I think some bands do it well; Enslaved's last few albums released preview singles that weren't the best tracks on them, and they just hyped me up for the release even more. I generally don't like to pre-order anything, but there are a few bands where I can't help myself.

Enslaved just drops the first song on the record, or at least they have for the last 5.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
So this thing is happening somewhere in Kentucky. Pretty good lineup.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Detective Thompson posted:

So this thing is happening somewhere in Kentucky. Pretty good lineup.

Yeah that looks cool. Outer Heaven owns, good to see them blowing up.. I'm seeing them again at Metal & Beer fest in Philly in April. Usually despite opening a show they have the best pit of the night

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Wow that lineup actually loving rules

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Nazzadan posted:

Benighted are very good, excited to see them this month with Cryptopsy and Aborted

I play all my dumb metal in my car when driving with my wife and this was the first song in 13 years that made her go "gently caress, this is really intense."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqgYPY6HqCI

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Varg posted:

Yeah that looks cool. Outer Heaven owns, good to see them blowing up.. I'm seeing them again at Metal & Beer fest in Philly in April. Usually despite opening a show they have the best pit of the night

Outer Heaven owns, Tomb Mold owns, Khemmis owns.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
yeah and on top of the bursting at the seams lineup its only 1 day and on a saturday.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Dark Descent is running a 20% off all new merch sale right now including a ton of IBP stuff.

e: I really hate default Zen Cart UI.

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 8, 2019

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOe1v4mTSLI

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

if i have literally never listened to a neurosis album but want to see Bell Witch should I listen to Neurosis in advance or just wait to the show to hear them?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/FApocalypse/status/1104049637806301184

Kvlt! posted:

if i have literally never listened to a neurosis album but want to see Bell Witch should I listen to Neurosis in advance or just wait to the show to hear them?

You know what, don’t listen to anything. Go in blind. You’re in for a loving experience.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

Neurosis are one of the greatest bands of all time lmao of course you should listen to them. What are you even doing with your life?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleshgod Apocalypse is co-headlining with Hypocrisy.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I wish I didn't like Fleshgod as much as I do

but I really loving like them

e- I can't remember if I ever pimped them out before but one of my good HS friends moved away a few years out of HS to keep chasing his music making dreams. I knew him as an incredibly talented drummer but apparently he's switched to vocals on some really "gently caress you I'm going to Hell with the top down" metal and it owns bones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMczbkwI1XY

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 8, 2019

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Omnikin posted:

e- I can't remember if I ever pimped them out before but one of my good HS friends moved away a few years out of HS to keep chasing his music making dreams. I knew him as an incredibly talented drummer but apparently he's switched to vocals on some really "gently caress you I'm going to Hell with the top down" metal and it owns bones

You're right. This loving owns and I just bought it.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Neurosis are one of the greatest bands of all time lmao of course you should listen to them. What are you even doing with your life?

It's me - I'm the guy who never liked Neurosis.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oldstench posted:

Same

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Omnikin posted:

This is good, and/but I chuckled at something from the video description: "Really good stuff, to me it sounds like a little mix of Bathory and Celtic Frost maybe." Big v:shobon:v energy.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Omnikin posted:

I just looked them up and realized I'm seeing them in May when they open for Midnight. And one of my friend's bands is also playing that show...

https://cemeterypiss.bandcamp.com/

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Fenrir posted:

Enslaved just drops the first song on the record, or at least they have for the last 5.

They've been doing one additional track for the last 3 albums. Riitiir was Thoughts Like Hammers, then Veilburner about a month later. In Times was Thurisaz Dreaming, and One Thousand Years of Rain a little while after. E was Storm Son first, then I'm pretty sure the video for The River's Mouth also came out before the album dropped.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DoOWi8mCSk

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Oldstench posted:

their early hardcore stuff was okay before they started buying their own bullshit

but yeah the later stuff they're more famous for it's just dire

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

their early hardcore stuff was okay before they started buying their own bullshit

but yeah the later stuff they're more famous for it's just dire

I'm gassing this thread.

Real talk though their first two albums are due for a critical revisitation. The Word as Law in particular.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Speaking of Midnight, I just discovered Vanik released another full-length last year and it totally slipped past me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enR_OyMzBz4

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

New Children of Bodom and Misery Index albums out today!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

the essential material is souls at zero through to times of grace imo, although lots of people like their later stuff too. unfortunately when i saw them a year or two ago they mostly stuck to the newest album which isn't all that great.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The most essentials for me are Through Silver in Blood, Souls at Zero and Enemy of the Sun.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Snow Cone Capone posted:

New Children of Bodom and Misery Index albums out today!

New Bodom is decent, it's about as good as Halo of Blood

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

The most essentials for me are Through Silver in Blood, Souls at Zero and Enemy of the Sun.

that's just what i said with one less album! calm down pal!

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Omnikin posted:

Your friends band is awesome. Hope they get signed not that it means a lot anymore.

Speaking of which looks like the drummer of fleshogod is now on guitars, before that he did vocals for hour of penance. Fuckin guy can do anything I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Less Claypool posted:

Your friends band is awesome. Hope they get signed not that it means a lot anymore.

Speaking of which looks like the drummer of fleshogod is now on guitars, before that he did vocals for hour of penance. Fuckin guy can do anything I guess.

How Fleshgod became a bigger thing than Hour of Penance I'll never understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qPUcTgblGs