Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

OMFG there are children reading this thread!!! Mods?!??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

This is the thread except the whisk is the Luchs, still tastes perfect.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

I'm playing the long con, Turmoil my boy. Instead of killing one clan, I can kill them all with one fell swoop.

haha i think russia is in on your moves too

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I'd probably like the Maus if the front of the turret wasn't a slice of butter :shrug:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Playing the 1390 is hell right now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're buffing the Swedish heavies by dropping a shot from the autoloaders but increasing the alpha damage by 10 to 20% and taking 30% off the reload times.

They're doing nothing about the gun handling which is the primary reason no-one plays those loving tanks.

It also means the Kranvagn has gone from a 1600 burst damage potential to 1300 so it can no longer clip tier 8's. Congrats on making a bad tier 10 heavy into the worst tier 10 heavy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Losing the clip potential does suck, but being able to toss out those higher alpha rounds might be cool, I dunno, it will probably be bad.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
No, the truly amazing thing will be seeing what they do to buff the E-100 and IS-4, which are also getting "looked at."

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BadLlama posted:

Losing the clip potential does suck, but being able to toss out those higher alpha rounds might be cool, I dunno, it will probably be bad.

It's 40 extra alpha. If they'd given it 500 I could see it being worth it, because you're still doing 1000 damage or so with the inevitable bounce or miss.

Not touching the gun handling on the entire line is a huge mistake. Thats literally all they needed to do to make that tank much better. Well that and a gold pen increase.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Gorman Thomas posted:

Playing the 1390 is hell right now.

Here's my awful 13-90 session. I could use some pointers on how to play better too.

first match of the day

game 2

wheels lit me on fire

game 4

game 5

game 6

game 7

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

BadLlama posted:

Nope it makes that tank worse than several tier9s. The whole point of an autoloader is the clip damage, you go burst away the other guys health and hide. The shorter reload between shots does loving nothing when the aim time is so bad you're not fully aimed after a shot with the current reload.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah I know I am very familiar with auto-loaders. Having a 440 alpha auto loader is interesting to me but they haven't done enough for that tank.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

No, the truly amazing thing will be seeing what they do to buff the E-100 and IS-4, which are also getting "looked at."

IS3A autoloader for the IS4, no buff for the E100

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

maybe give the is-4 frontal armor that isn't penned by AP from tier 8s

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

They're buffing the Swedish heavies by dropping a shot from the autoloaders but increasing the alpha damage by 10 to 20% and taking 30% off the reload times.

They're doing nothing about the gun handling which is the primary reason no-one plays those loving tanks.

It also means the Kranvagn has gone from a 1600 burst damage potential to 1300 so it can no longer clip tier 8's. Congrats on making a bad tier 10 heavy into the worst tier 10 heavy.

I'm thinking I'd kind of like these changes for the greatly decreased reload time if nothing else. They're still not going to be great tanks, but at least it won't take ~36 or whatever seconds to reload 4 mediocre shells. They definitely need to buff the pen and gun handling, but this is a start. Oh yeah, some mobility would be nice too. And get rid of arty while they're at it. :v:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They're both getting autoloaders. Just you loving watch. :colbert:

Fake edit: They're going to take the E-100 hull, turn it into a Waffentrager, with a paper turret and a 6-shell autoloader with the JT gun. Would you really put this past Wargaming at this point?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The E-100 will get a 5 clip autoloader, no other changes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

maybe give the is-4 frontal armor that isn't penned by AP from tier 8s

Or having a weak spot on the top of the turret...

I want to like my IS-4 again :ohdear:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

the is-4 frontal armor makes no sense. the top plate is 140 mm... the lower glacis is 160 mm? and the two angled shoulders on the front are 180 mm??????? why isn't the strongest armor on the biggest, most obvious surface?

make the upper plate 180 mm and buff the 30 mm rooftop to 50 mm so it can't be overmatched

it will still have weakspots on the front but they'll be smaller

would be good at sidescraping but would suck at brawling because of the weakspots

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 5, 2019

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
is this guy in 2 clans or am i seeing this wrong https://imgur.com/a/LY2bH26

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Turmoilx posted:

is this guy in 2 clans or am i seeing this wrong https://imgur.com/a/LY2bH26

Nope, one clan. It's just that the tag and name have nothing in common.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

is frontline back yet

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

friday

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Uranium 235 posted:

the is-4 frontal armor makes no sense. the top plate is 140 mm... the lower glacis is 160 mm?

well i mean one's at 60° and the other at 40°

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I think YOUJO is one of the "competent" clans and they changed the name (but not the tag) to make fun of 11AD. :shrug:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I came back and played a single game in a Pershing, was one of like 3 or 4 people covering the north flank on Karlia, a blue Super Conquerer and 268 4 come up, focus fire me with 100% HEAT, and then I got hit by a T92 arty shell. Uninstalled and deleted

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Prav posted:

well i mean one's at 60° and the other at 40°

yeah but it's still unusual for the lower glacis to be thicker than the upper. usually they are the same thickness or the upper is thicker

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

I came back and played a single game in a Pershing, was one of like 3 or 4 people covering the north flank on Karlia, a blue Super Conquerer and 268 4 come up, focus fire me with 100% HEAT, and then I got hit by a T92 arty shell. Uninstalled and deleted
congrats, you figured out how to win in world of tanks

here's your mastery badge

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

weird i thought yojou or whatever and 11ad were two different clans

oh man... my body isnt ready for another grind like this :( atleast i wasnt crazy enough to do the ebr challenge thing, reason i didnt do it was i didnt know how long it lasted figured it out but didnt bother since i didnt know right away

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 6, 2019

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

frontlines is back next monday, march 11

https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/frontline-episode-1-regulations/

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Turmoilx posted:

weird i thought yojou or whatever and 11ad were two different clans

The guy's in [YOUJO], which changed its name and logo to troll 11AD.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

McGavin posted:

The guy's in [YOUJO], which changed its name and logo to troll 11AD.

oh that makes sense

team chat "teen heavies" heres one of me haha

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 7, 2019

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Is anyone still in touch with Rossmum? I need to get a hold of him for his weird tank opinions, but he hasn't posted since 2017.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

Is anyone still in touch with Rossmum? I need to get a hold of him for his weird tank opinions, but he hasn't posted since 2017.

Isn't he on the discord every now and then, playing Boats?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

Isn't he on the discord every now and then, playing Boats?

Oh yeah, Discord is a thing. Thanks.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yeah and I actually have the friday that week off, should be easy to max out to Rank4 then. Time for more arty defense play!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

Yeah he streams on twitch (including right now as I type this) and also just started a Discord server.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
got suspended for an hour for shooting a friendly named after Himmler

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Atomizer posted:

Yeah he streams on twitch (including right now as I type this) and also just started a Discord server.

Found him, thanks.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

got suspended for an hour for shooting a friendly named after Himmler

I was going to ask if the game changed at all, but I see that it hasn't changed a bit.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

has anyone managed to get chat banned recently? when i played in 2015 i remember it being fairly routine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I did, but it was in WoWP when a lot of folks were chatbanned for reasons.