Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Didn’t expect that kind of anomaly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oxidized copper?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1100482992877776896

Foxrunsecurity
Aug 10, 2008

Scathach posted:

Oxidized copper?

Yeah they probably do copper > nickel > chrome plating and spilled a bunch of their copper solution, not the worst they could've but still pretty nasty.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SCAB?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Would you like to visit with the giant rear end in a top hat in Washington DC?

https://wtop.com/health-fitness/2019/02/why-youll-see-a-giant-inflatable-colon-poop-emojis-friday-on-freedom-plaza/slide/1/

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Goatman returns

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cartoon Man posted:

But which one?

There’s so many of them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I want to say there's a Dave Barry article about this kind of thing from like 15 years ago.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Henchman of Santa posted:

I want to say there's a Dave Barry article about this kind of thing from like 15 years ago.

Ten years ago, yeah.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Russian cargo ship with 'drunk' captain on board crashes into motorway bridge, tearing huge hole

quote:

According to Yonhap News Agency, authorities reported the Seagrand had also hit a cruise ship moored at the same port about 40 minutes before bumping into the bridge.

Here's a YouTube video of the crash, with music by KK Slider I guess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UQdDP5LcNU

SSDDR
Aug 3, 2004

I don't know if I can handle this, y'know?
Grimey Drawer

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Don't go where the Russkies go, and don't you eat Chernobyl snow.

Thanks Nanook

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Carly Rae Jepsen secretly filmed Seal eating an entire loaf of plain bread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Make him clean the car and he'll be punished enough

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Strangely enough, that appears to be a different giant inflatable colon than the one that was stolen in Kansas City a few months back. How many of these things are there?

Edit: Is it just me, or is this a terrible choice of image for an article on the leading causes of death in the world?

Tobermory has a new favorite as of 11:32 on Mar 2, 2019

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I was halfway through this drat article before I realized it did not say a seal.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tobermory posted:

Strangely enough, that appears to be a different giant inflatable colon than the one that was stolen in Kansas City a few months back. How many of these things are there?

Edit: Is it just me, or is this a terrible choice of image for an article on the leading causes of death in the world?

That’s Berlin’s Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, right?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Platystemon posted:

That’s Berlin’s Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, right?

It does help their point. Nazis are no longer the leading cause of death among Jews.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Double Punctuation posted:

It does help their point. Nazis are no longer the leading cause of death among Jews.

not for lack of motivation anyway

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Real-life BlackKklansman sequel as a black man becomes leader of a Nazi association and turns it into an anti-racism one.

https://boingboing.net/2019/03/02/real-life-black-klansman.html

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

Real-life BlackKklansman sequel as a black man becomes leader of a Nazi association and turns it into an anti-racism one.

...is that real

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

The MSJ posted:

"Say what you want about me, but I've done this twice now."

loving lol. Absolute legend

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I love how that author clearly doesn't know that blackkklansman already is the real life blackkklansman.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ada posted:

"Say what you want about me, but I've done this twice now."

loving lol. Absolute legend

That guy is my hero

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

CBS: Hey intern who doesn't know who The Prodigy is, can you post the death of Keith Flint?

Intern: Sure

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

CBS: Hey intern who doesn't know who The Prodigy is, can you post the death of Keith Flint?

Intern: Sure

That's just Google news loving up. That picture is from a woman who's husband claimed that a panhandler stabbed and murdered his wife after she gave them some money, turns out him and his daughter killed her and tried to cover it up. They just got arrested at the border trying to get to Mexico.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Denver Airport has decided to dispel its reputation for conspiracy theories by installing an animatronic gargoyle to make fun of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVOtx7Blfk

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jair-bolsonaro-golden-shower-twitter-video-brazil-president-rio-carnival-a8810186.html

Straight out of old man search: Brazil president tweets "What is golden shower?" after tweeting explicit urination video

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Never stop learning. A strong sense of curiosity is crucial to keeping the mind active and stopping the development of Alzheimer's.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

chitoryu12 posted:

The Denver Airport has decided to dispel its reputation for conspiracy theories by installing an animatronic gargoyle to make fun of people.

He's adorable. I'd definitely make a point of seeing him over that mural.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's not real.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jair-bolsonaro-golden-shower-twitter-video-brazil-president-rio-carnival-a8810186.html

Straight out of old man search: Brazil president tweets "What is golden shower?" after tweeting explicit urination video

It's all part of his quest to prove that the country has been ruined by moral depravity.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's all part of his quest to prove that the country has been ruined by moral depravity.

Someone tell him about SWAP.avi

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Destroying the countries morals to win elections based on the fact that the country has no morals to own the libs.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

How naked World War II sailors ended up riding Mongolian ponies in the Gobi Desert to shoot bazookas at the Japanese

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6777961/Billionaire-diamond-trader-65-dies-penis-enlargement-surgery.html

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If he needed to use a loupe then I guess that explains why he needed the surgery.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I misread that as "Private Parts Clinic" but I guess that's not really wrong.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Sir Lemming posted:

I misread that as "Private Parts Clinic" but I guess that's not really wrong.

I first thought the pic on the right was of something VERY different, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Pro click.

quote:

Indeed, Miles’ number-two, Capt. I. F. Beyerly, estimated (perhaps generously) that between June 1944 and July 1945 alone, SACO men and trainees killed 23,540 Japanese, destroyed 209 bridges and 84 locomotives, sank 141 ships and river craft, and rescued 76 Allied pilots and crew.

The weather reports played roles at Okinawa, Iwo Jima, and Leyte Gulf, a fierce battle in which the Navy sank four Japanese carriers in October 1944.

Coast watchers supplied information that Adm. Bill Halsey used to sink 40 more Japanese ships on January 1, 1945.

Casualties were astoundingly low. One American SACO man died in China, and one was captured but survived the war.

:captainpop:

This would be what they call efficient asymmetric warfare, Jesus Christ.