Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Boatswain posted:

At what point does the EU push for an intervention in Denmark on humanitarian grounds?

Refer to what happened with Jörg Haider. I don't mean when he gloriously drove himself to death in his aptly named Volkswagen Phaeton, but when the EU took measures to curtail his nazi shenanigans. It lasted just a few months. Then realise that said dead piece of poo poo considered Pia Kjærsgaard too extreme.

Nothing will happen.

Edit: Standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Denmark should get with the times and export the camps to Libya like the EU does :colbert:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Boatswain posted:

Denmark should get with the times and export the camps to Libya like the EU does :colbert:

They said Kenya, but this has basically been tabled by both DF and S already. IIRC, the response from Kenya was sustained, boisterous laughter as they gestured toward half a million Somali refugees. Both parties have extolled the virtues of the Nauru solution, even though a Danish parliamentary expedition to the island was turned away a few years back.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Bornholm

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

No, that's where the politicians go to party with Golden Dawn and Geert Wilders every year.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

There's plenty of room on Grönland, we can build a camp there.

For the Danish politicians, that is.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Collateral Damage posted:

There's plenty of room on Grönland, we can build a camp there.

For the Danish politicians, that is.

Why would you want to inflict that pain on the Inuits? What have they ever done to you?

Unless you mean Grønland in Oslo, in that case it's fine.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 6, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I hear there's plenty of uranium to be mined and the natives deserve reparations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
When will the Danish armed forces get their act together and invade Kenya? They ought to have learnt from the Mau-Mau episode and turned it into a penal colony ages ago :colbert:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Boatswain posted:

When will the Danish armed forces get their act together and invade Kenya? They ought to have learnt from the Mau-Mau episode and turned it into a penal colony ages ago :colbert:

Oh, I would just loooove to see what resulted from the Danish armed forces training for ground missions in Africa. You thought that Lund hubbub was bad, get ready to see some real poo poo.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Some very important customers of Swedbank are pissed the gently caress off that the money laundering business is now out in the open.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/swedbank-blockar-anstallda-fran-svt-s-anonyma-tipssajt

Swedbanks ledning, antagligen posted:

Don't let the plebs know that our illegal branch is vital to the business model for fucks sake!

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Thinking about banks/bankers lately has given me extreme argony.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Potrzebie posted:

Some very important customers of Swedbank are pissed the gently caress off that the money laundering business is now out in the open.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/swedbank-blockar-anstallda-fran-svt-s-anonyma-tipssajt

Extra funny because I use Swedbank and when I borrowed money from my dad he of course took out 10.000 kr and handed them to me because he's an old.

I tried to put them into my account but Swedbank refused unless I went back to my dad and we co-wrote a receipt etc to make sure the money didn't come from money laundering.

I should have made a quip about Swedbank seeming to have no compulsions about money laundering otherwise.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Potrzebie posted:

I honestly don't know what anyone expected. The corporate culture of both Swedbank and Nordea were rotten to the core when the government bailed and bought them in the 90's and it was extremely naive to put them back on the stock markets again. It was just a matter of time. The poo poo I've heard senior bankers say in public at Stockholm restaurants thinking no one is listening, christ.

TLDR; Re-regulate all banks, lets party like it's 1968.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Abolish banks. Strike all bostadslån.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Potrzebie posted:

[url]https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/swedbank-blockar-anstallda-fran-svt-s-anonyma-tipssajt[/

[quote="Potrzebie" post="493157931"]

Seems the PR move of blocking others from informing on their activities will surely work out in Swedbank’s benefit and by no means make them look even more sus as gently caress.

Meanwhile I’ve had to fight with Swedbank to be able to pay my student loans and send the IRS the correct information for the trillionth goddamn time.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

I honestly don't know what anyone expected. The corporate culture of both Swedbank and Nordea were rotten to the core when the government bailed and bought them in the 90's and it was extremely naive to put them back on the stock markets again. It was just a matter of time. The poo poo I've heard senior bankers say in public at Stockholm restaurants thinking no one is listening, christ.

TLDR; Re-regulate all banks, lets party like it's 1968.

How about we make managers and board of directors legally responsible with joined liablility for actions taken by their corporations, and set sentencing guidelines at 6 months in jail minimum.

Or just bring back the guillotine I guess.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 7, 2019

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

Potrzebie posted:

bring back the guillotine

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
At the very least give us a public banking alternative. Goddamn Germany manages, why the gently caress did we privatize everything?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Biomute posted:

At the very least give us a public banking alternative. Goddamn Germany manages, why the gently caress did we privatize everything?

I would switch to a public bank in a heart beat

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Potrzebie posted:

How about we make managers and board of directors legally responsible with joined liablility for actions taken by their corporations, and set sentencing guidelines at 6 months in jail minimum.

Or just bring back the guillotine I guess.

They're already liable if they've commited crimes technically speaking (it's only shareholders who are exempt). Problem is, our loving enforcement agency FI is part of the problem, laws are too lax and these crimes are not prioritised for political reasons (hello revolving doors).

So yes your last sentence pretty much.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dirk Pitt posted:

If you are fortunate enough to live in the right the places, you can use one of three true Sparbanker still alive. They are probably as close as you'll get and somewhat similar to credit unions if I understand it correctly.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Katt posted:

Strike all bostadslån.

Yeah no. Bougie fucks can pay their loving houses up.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

evil_bunnY posted:

Yeah no. Bougie fucks can pay their loving houses up.

But we need some place to live and some place to spend the summer while we serve as vanguards of the revolution.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Dirk Pitt posted:

Don't you have a Swedish branch of DNB? I thought that was a thing.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The state only owns like 30% of DnB, it is very much not a public bank.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Länsförsäkringar is otverwise a decent alternative.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Falukorv posted:

Länsförsäkringar is otverwise a decent alternative.

They refused both my förening and business for accounts citing 'already being full for the year' and I hate them. :argh:

Avanza is fine for savings and investments I suppose.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Retarded Goatee posted:

Don't forget to swisha your local hamnarbetare - it's good, folks.

Allt åt alla

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

They refused both my förening and business for accounts citing 'already being full for the year' and I hate them. :argh:

Avanza is fine for savings and investments I suppose.

SBAB is another option. State owned and all that.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Today's shocking turn of events:

Center Party MP Eskil "Looks Like a Creepy Perv" Erlandsson turns out to be, well, a creepy perv - is kicked out of Riksdagen by his party for groping MPs from the Moderates.

"Får man känna lite? Tackar tackar, tackar tackar"

Really, that's the picture he himself has chosen as his PR pic.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Potrzebie posted:

SBAB is another option. State owned and all that.

Yeah, I was about to say this. They don't really advertise it, but SBAB is state-owned. I think the Hemnet competitor Booli.se is also state owned. It's sorta weird that some liberal hasn't blown their fuse over unfair competition yet but I'll take it.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So L Wikström have been exposed as a money hungry EU bureaucrat, another L in riksdagen have been exposed for paying 500kSek in combined rent to her husband and now C Erlandsson is a perv.
Why does this smell like M is leaking secrets as payback for JÖKen?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Cardiac posted:

So L Wikström have been exposed as a money hungry EU bureaucrat, another L in riksdagen have been exposed for paying 500kSek in combined rent to her husband and now C Erlandsson is a perv.
Why does this smell like M is leaking secrets as payback for JÖKen?

The Liberals were always poo poo, but breaking old alliances sure can lead to interesting dirt being laundered.

With their pretty unimpressive line-up for new party leader, they sure have work to do if they want to clear 4% in next election.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lilljonas posted:

The Liberals were always poo poo, but breaking old alliances sure can lead to interesting dirt being laundered.

With their pretty unimpressive line-up for new party leader, they sure have work to do if they want to clear 4% in next election.

There is a non-insignificant chance of them just not getting the EP.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

There is a non-insignificant chance of them just not getting the EP.

Which would be hilarious given they are the most eu friendly party.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Also same but MP. Vändpunkt is not only this EP elections junilistan/piratpartiet/FI, it literally is what MP kinda was back when people didn't hate them.

Also polite reminder that barely more than 50% of the electorate even bothered to vote in the last EP election.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

S is gonna let Pia Kjærsgaard stay as speaker if they regain power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

MiddleOne posted:

Also same but MP. Vändpunkt is not only this EP elections junilistan/piratpartiet/FI, it literally is what MP kinda was back when people didn't hate them.

Also polite reminder that barely more than 50% of the electorate even bothered to vote in the last EP election.

Hope their twitter is "Turning Point Sweden"