Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

2j Felatio posted:

They are correct, I wasn’t trying to argue the curb weight. I was trying to guess what the fully loaded weight would be based on the curb weight.

Congrats on the Jimny sale.

Have you driven a Samurai before? I am curious how similar they feel. I know the Jimny has a smaller engine and the body is smaller since it is a Kei. But they are based off a similar platform.

Apologies, I didn't mean to be confrontational or anything either.

I have not driven a Samurai lately to compare, it was years and years ago when I did. I do know that the Jimnys feel ultra-fun, like a hyper puppy until you hit 55 mph then they want to take a nap :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Went and looked at a '96 Delica today. Was promising on paper - Super Exceed with sunroof + panorama roof, LWB, turbo diesel*, but tyres were rotten and owner had installed some bullshit LED headlights that got them a defect notice (and apparently still got them angry flashes from oncoming traffic after they 'fixed it' with electrical tape on the top half), no paperwork at all. Didn't bother with the test drive but suspension seemed a bit tired too. Yeah nah mate, not for $6500 at 270,000kms.

:argh:

*automatic of course, the 5 speeds are basically vaporware on the L400 body style

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 28, 2019

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Kaker do you split wire transfers up per vehicle or just send one when you are buying multiple at a time. Gotta go send the funds to JCD after work.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Went and looked at a '96 Delica today. Was promising on paper - Super Exceed with sunroof + panorama roof, LWB, turbo diesel*, but tyres were rotten and owner had installed some bullshit LED headlights that got them a defect notice (and apparently still got them angry flashes from oncoming traffic after they 'fixed it' with electrical tape on the top half), no paperwork at all. Didn't bother with the test drive but suspension seemed a bit tired too. Yeah nah mate, not for $6500 at 270,000kms.

:argh:

*automatic of course, the 5 speeds are basically vaporware on the L400 body style

Fuckin' garbage sellers :argh:

everdave posted:

Kaker do you split wire transfers up per vehicle or just send one when you are buying multiple at a time. Gotta go send the funds to JCD after work.

We combine if possible. When we sell a car we ususally try to buy 2-3 with the funds from that. In that way JCD usually gives us a bit of time to pay everything all at once to save on wire fees. We have a business account with a large bank so it's less that we're trying to avoid fees and more like we are trying to not burn up our allotment of free wires in a month.

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, studless tires, interior dirty and scratches, wheels scratched, undercarriage surface rust, small chips in windshield, other dents scratches

Inspection Report posted:

engine starts idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, timing belt sticker from 2013 17,000 km, coolant color and level ok, no oil leaks, studless tires at 50% slight cracks, spare ok, no leaks mold or rust in trunk area, suspension light surface rust, boots ok, windshield chips small, seats good, dashboard ok, ceiling liner ok, carpet worn, no burns, ac ok, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, lights ok, wipers ok

Put in a bid of 278,477¥, sold for 337,000¥ lost by 58523¥, ~$530, and I thought I bid fairly high. I suspect it's because it's a top-end Street, fully-optioned, low miles, excellent condition. Those sorts of vans seldom come up at all and so command premiums within their markets. Kind of like a mini Delica. It seems like Hondas are the kings of cool kei vans for at least importing to the USA. I'll keep a look out and see if this shows up in my instagram, on that Pacific Coast auto YouTube channel, or somewhere else in the USA in the coming months.

:siren: SPEAKING OF :siren: Pacific Coast auto, there is a guy I met through Instagram that had been using Pacific Coast Auto for a while, bought 5~ or so cars through them. The last one he bought was a bad experience with also the vehicle itself being subpar. We talked on the phone about it and man, working with Pacific Coast Auto seems like a right pain in the rear end. I know I've been working with JCD so long so I'm set in my ways but there is a bunch of weirdness with how the Pacific Coast Auto guys run things.

First, they do not offer third-party inspections. If you go back and watch the earlier videos of Derek's (the main guy there) he makes a big deal about being honest, so honest, in fact, that they will not lower the reported price of the vehicle when exported. That's a fine idea but the nature of how this all works is that everyone intentionally says they sold a vehicle for less. If you don't the only people that benefit is the government doing the taxing, it's a direct loss proposition to the end customer. He makes it seem like he's some sort of goofy honest guy, and he might be! But not offering the third-party inspections is loving wild. If you watch the videos they frame the sheet as being the end-all-be-all, and seemingly go out of there way to not mention that third party inspections are a thing, as most of the people watching those videos just assume how they show it is how it is. Third party inspectors though are just roaming those big-rear end lots full of auction vehicles. When you request an inspection they just mark it on their list and swing by it when they are inspecting all the other cars on their list. This is why it's only around $30 bucks for an inspection, those dudes are out there already! I can only surmise that the reason Pacific Coast Auto doesn't do that is tied into the other thing I'm going to talk about, and also it might not 'fit' with how their structure and business operate.

Second, in lieu of third party inspections, they ship the vehicles from the auction to their lot in Japan, where Derek goes over the vehicle with a bunch of pictures and a video detailing the vehicle in question. If the buyer allows they put it up on YouTube, but from what my Instagram bro says you get a video like that for every vehicle bought through them. Nice, then, that you get all those details but it's after you buy the thing so if it turns out there is a massive oil leak (like a few of the vehicles I've bought have had that the sheet didn't mention, namely the HiAce and Domingo) or a blown headgasket you're SOL since you're already on the hook for paying for the vehicle. Plus you're paying for shipping twice, once to their lot from wherever in Japan, then again to the port itself to be shipped out.

It just seems so dishonest-by-ignorance, you know? Especially since Japan Car Direct doesn't actually touch or physically deal with whatever vehicle you get. Since you have the third party inspection you get a good idea of what the vehicle is like from someone who doesn't give a hot poo poo if you like their report or not (where as with Derek at Pacific Coast is always going to be biased about his inspection since you already bought it), and you only pay the once to ship it to port. When there you get someone that takes a bunch of pictures of your vehicle as I always post mine here in this thread. Yoshi has never actually physically seen any vehicle I've bought, nobody from Japan Car Direct has ever touched them. Seems to work out juuuust peachy! Plus its cheaper.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 1, 2019

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

KakerMix posted:

he makes a big deal about being honest, so honest, in fact, that they will not lower the reported price of the vehicle when exported. That's a fine idea but the nature of how this all works is that everyone intentionally says they sold a vehicle for less. If you don't the only people that benefit is the government doing the taxing, it's a direct loss proposition to the end customer. He makes it seem like he's some sort of goofy honest guy, and he might be!

How does lowering the reported price work? I might have missed this earlier in the thread. Does JCD decide? Are you given any say?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I imported a 1991 subaru sambar ks3. Its in Texas with all the proper paperwork and it cleared customs. Its currently sitting in the driveway of a private residence near Dallas. I imported it under my Dad's name because he said it would be no problem for him to register it and then ship it to me in California. He sat on his rear end and did nothing for a month and now the battery is dead. Then he recently lost the keys somehow and taking the lock cylinder to a locksmith to have it rekeyed is something he cant do. I think hes just broke as gently caress and wont admit it, so anything that costs more than $10 "cant be done"

Does anyone who is familiar with registering an imported vehicle want to take over? About $2500 has been spent total getting it into the US. I would gladly let it go for less as long as I can get it out of his incompetent hands before the whole thing rots away from neglect.

Im also going to contact all the companies selling already imported vehicles but I know they will lowball super hard since they could just import it themselves

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 1, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

kimbo305 posted:

How does lowering the reported price work? I might have missed this earlier in the thread. Does JCD decide? Are you given any say?

It's just like when you buy or sell a car private party, what the title says was paid for the car isn't always (or if we're honest, never) what is actually paid for the car. Whatever your invoice says is what gets taxed, be it 2.5% or 25%. This means that everyone and their mom, their mom's mom and their dog always report a lower price on the invoice the Department of Homeland Security sees, it's a ubiquitous thing with in-Japan exporters. Once it's here the state gets their cut as well. Depending on what state though they either go by invoice (like Florida does) or blue book value (lol @ JDM for that) or whatever else moon-values they dream up.

Fauxtool posted:

I imported a 1991 subaru sambar ks3. Its in Texas with all the proper paperwork and it cleared customs. Its currently sitting in the driveway of a private residence near Dallas. I imported it under my Dad's name because he said it would be no problem for him to register it and then ship it to me in California. He sat on his rear end and did nothing for a month and now the battery is dead. Then he recently lost the keys somehow and taking the lock cylinder to a locksmith to have it rekeyed is something he cant do. I think hes just broke as gently caress and wont admit it, so anything that costs more than $10 "cant be done"

Does anyone who is familiar with registering an imported vehicle want to take over? About $2500 has been spent total getting it into the US. I would gladly let it go for less as long as I can get it out of his incompetent hands before the whole thing rots away from neglect.

Im also going to contact all the companies selling already imported vehicles but I know they will lowball super hard since they could just import it themselves

Considering that it would cost anyone else the 2500-3000 to import anything else themselves that seems like a killer price, really. I'd post about it in the chat thread and see if any Texas goons want to take you up on that offer as the hard part is already done.

NoSpoon
Jul 2, 2004
Have you looked into TransferWise instead of a wire transfer? Significantly cheaper and faster for customers paying me from overseas.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

KakerMix posted:

It's just like when you buy or sell a car private party, what the title says was paid for the car isn't always (or if we're honest, never) what is actually paid for the car. Whatever your invoice says is what gets taxed

Does JCD ask you want you want to put on there, or is the invoice something you can write on?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KakerMix posted:

It's just like when you buy or sell a car private party, what the title says was paid for the car isn't always (or if we're honest, never) what is actually paid for the car. Whatever your invoice says is what gets taxed, be it 2.5% or 25%. This means that everyone and their mom, their mom's mom and their dog always report a lower price on the invoice the Department of Homeland Security sees, it's a ubiquitous thing with in-Japan exporters. Once it's here the state gets their cut as well. Depending on what state though they either go by invoice (like Florida does) or blue book value (lol @ JDM for that) or whatever else moon-values they dream up.

Considering that it would cost anyone else the 2500-3000 to import anything else themselves that seems like a killer price, really. I'd post about it in the chat thread and see if any Texas goons want to take you up on that offer as the hard part is already done.

Kinda wishing I had $2500 right now.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

Does JCD ask you want you want to put on there, or is the invoice something you can write on?

They haven't asked me but I asked because I have a van coming in with no back seats.

They put the land cruiser I imported at about 20% of what I actually paid.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

Post pics, etc... and let me know. If it is cheap enough I'm interested

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Same, I'd trailer it back to Arizona.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
AZ-1 boat delayed till the 5th!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

kimbo305 posted:

It's like everdave says. I didn't ask them for request and amount, it just happened and continues to happen. Invoice comes printed out and isn't something that is meant to be altered.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
I stumbled across a Toyota Sera for sale today, which I had never heard of. I love the panoramic views and butterfly doors, but might be too much like a Paseo to really tickle a buyer's fancy.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Seras are awesome but ya gotta find a 5 speed and low mile and super rad audio add ins they had. Just not much money to be made. If you wanted one for yourself totally doable. Love them.

Mtmd
Dec 29, 2008

Fauxtool posted:

If I had not just closed on a house I would grab this in a heartbeat. As an aside, I just this morning finally got the Hiace registered in TX and it's a bit of a pain in the rear end compared to Kaker's experience in FL. Not that surprised your dad was not about it. I'll post the details when I'm not on my phone if anyone's interested.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mtmd posted:

If I had not just closed on a house I would grab this in a heartbeat. As an aside, I just this morning finally got the Hiace registered in TX and it's a bit of a pain in the rear end compared to Kaker's experience in FL. Not that surprised your dad was not about it. I'll post the details when I'm not on my phone if anyone's interested.

He has yet to complete step 1 and even attempt to fill out any paperwork. He let the battery go dead so that he couldnt drive it to the inspection then he lost the keys ensuring that even if he fixed the battery he couldnt drive it to the inspection. Texas has nothing to do with his self inflicted problems.

Ill get pics ASAP, but it will be a few days.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Ethics_Gradient posted:

I stumbled across a Toyota Sera for sale today, which I had never heard of. I love the panoramic views and butterfly doors, but might be too much like a Paseo to really tickle a buyer's fancy.

It IS a Tercel/Paseo, the whole deal with the Sera is a fancy body on top of a totally bog-standard chassis. Kind of like a boring version of Nissan's Pike cars (Be-1, Pao, Figaro). If you are somewhere with sun and heat I hear the Sera is uncomfortable because of all the glass. I'd only really consider 5 speeds as was already suggested and it will probably be a cool and neat car.

Mtmd posted:

Wanna see and hear about how your HiAce is, going to have ours in a week or so :getin:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’d love to take a Sera to a window tint place just to see the reaction

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I’d love to take a Sera to a window tint place just to see the reaction

I took a telsa 3 with an all glass roof to a tint place. The reaction was "its going to cost more"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This thread makes me want a Cappuccino. Beside the Beat, are there any other convertibles/targas that are easy enough to find?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Fauxtool posted:

I took a telsa 3 with an all glass roof to a tint place. The reaction was "its going to cost more"

probably because they didn't want to be trapped in a telsa 3 while it burst into flames.

This thread makes me want a Cappuccino. Beside the Beat, are there any other convertibles/targas that are easy enough to find?

Nissan Figaro.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mx-5/miata, but there is no point importing one unless you want a really good condition LHD one

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I've been watching kei auctions for years now, and I'm finally in a place where I can almost afford one, but I'm still gunshy from the X1/9. Between the rust, battling the Secretary of State's office for a title that's still stuck in limbo (18 months after my application was submitted and 12 after the car was sold, thanks Illinois!), the amount of time the car spent on blocks, waiting weeks for parts to be shipped from the other side of the planet, etc
I've probably asked this before, but how do you guys like living with them? Are they worth the hassle?

I am quite partial to the Nissan Figaro and Pao, but there's always the AZ-1

Fauxtool posted:

mx-5/miata, but there is no point importing one unless you want a really good condition LHD one

You could get a Eunos badged, RHD model for extra hipsterism

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

If you're into the kei class tiny stuff the only other convertibles that are available within US legality are Jimnys. For convertibles overall the already mentioned Figaro, but the Pao and Be-1 were also available in rag-top form but it was an option, not all of them are convertibles. You get the rare Pajero and Land Cruiser convertibles, paying a high premium on the Cruiser. First-gen Hilux Surfs (JDM 4Runners) are kind of convertibles in that the rear section can come off but the cab will always be covered. The Mitsubishi Jeeps are always able to go topless too. Beyond that the standard stuff but in JDM form, MR-2s, Fairladys, Celicas, etc.

The Door Frame posted:

I've been watching kei auctions for years now, and I'm finally in a place where I can almost afford one, but I'm still gunshy from the X1/9. Between the rust, battling the Secretary of State's office for a title that's still stuck in limbo (18 months after my application was submitted and 12 after the car was sold, thanks Illinois!), the amount of time the car spent on blocks, waiting weeks for parts to be shipped from the other side of the planet, etc
I've probably asked this before, but how do you guys like living with them? Are they worth the hassle?

I am quite partial to the Nissan Figaro and Pao, but there's always the AZ-1

As I've mentioned before, all my wife and I drive are JDM imports, we do not own a LHD car. I think it's worth it for the attention/personality the cars have but ymmv. Parts are a non-issue, the hardest I have to look for things is for the Rugger but who cares it owns hard.

The AZ-1 is not a targa nor a convertible, it's the least breezy-car in the world. If you like the wind in your hair you will hate the AZ-1 as it sucks huge rear end for that.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

KakerMix posted:

As I've mentioned before, all my wife and I drive are JDM imports, we do not own a LHD car. I think it's worth it for the attention/personality the cars have but ymmv. Parts are a non-issue, the hardest I have to look for things is for the Rugger but who cares it owns hard.

The AZ-1 is not a targa nor a convertible, it's the least breezy-car in the world. If you like the wind in your hair you will hate the AZ-1 as it sucks huge rear end for that.

Ok, good, I just needed to hear that it wouldn't be as bad as my experience with the X1/9

I don't know how, but I was always under the impression that the top windows were T tops :psyduck:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

The Door Frame posted:

Ok, good, I just needed to hear that it wouldn't be as bad as my experience with the X1/9

I don't know how, but I was always under the impression that the top windows were T tops :psyduck:

Nooooooooope

https://limerencemotors.com/inventory/1993-mazda-autozam-az-1

The glass is how it is because the doors have to swing open as they do. The only movable glass in the whole car are the little tiny ticket windows. There isn't anything preventing you from taking the doors off though, and with the doors wide open the wind is great! Though I've only gone parking lot speeds with them up.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Daaaaannnnggggg I want this

2j Felatio
Sep 7, 2018
It is by no means a convertible but lots of the vans have 2, 3, or even 6 moon roofs which can provide lots of light and some air flow too.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
A tale of three misses in a row:

Auction Sheet posted:

5MT, ac, 1kz diesel turbo engine, lifted, crystal lens, cold weather package, rear heater, third row seats missing, front end repairs, interior dirty and worn, undercarriage repainted and surface rust, rear mounted spare removed, right baffle bent, cowl panel slightly bent, right front wheel well replaced, small chips in windshield, other dents scratches

engine starts idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, timing belt sticker from 2008 96,9XX km, oil dirty, slight sludge, coolant color and level ok, engine slightly oily but not dripping, tires at 50% starting to crack, no leaks mold or rust in trunk, undercarriage /suspension painted over what appears to be corrosion, no holes, right rear tail lamp area paint peeling, windshield chips small, repairs ok, no burns or tears in seats but edges worn and creased, dashboard ok, ceiling liner slightly loose and dirty, interior needs cleaning but no burns, ac ok, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, 4wd ok, lights ok, right front turn signal weak, windows ok, wipers ok.

Put in a bid of 916,354 yen, considering it's a former accident vehicle with an R grade. Highest bid was 1,099,000, reserve not met so it didn't sell. Not terribly surprised, notice the pictures have the plate blocked out. It's a private sale so I expected a high reserve.

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, diesel, small chips in windshield, other dents and scratches

engine starts 2nd time, belt noises, no smoke or vibrations, oil dirty, coolant slight oil sheen, coolant level ok, oil pan area slightly oily but not dripping, engine area clean, tires cracked 40%, spare ok, no leaks mold or rust in trunk, undercarriage good, boots ok, windshield chips small, seat covers look installed when new, dashboard ok, ceiling liner ok, interior ok, no burns, ac ok, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, lights ok, windows ok, wipers ok, sunroof ok

basically it's in super condition but there's a little bit of oil in the coolant (no smoke from the exhaust though).

Put in a bid of 305,555 yen, highest bid was 307,000 yen, one single bid increment. That's OK though as I don't know what a 2WD non-turbo diesel Mazda van would sell like, 5 speed manual and low mileage can only get you so far. Is in exceptional quality with the maybe-concern of the oily sheen in the coolant.

Auction Sheet posted:

at, ac, keyless, aftermarket wheels, diesel, ceiling liner dirty, mirrors scratched, undercarriage surface rust, other dents scratches, tail lens cracked

engine starts idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, no sludge, coolant ok, valve cover area slightly oily but no drips, tires at 70% ok, spare ok, no leaks mold or rust in trunk, undercarriage/wheel well/fenders slight surface rust only, boots ok, windshield chips small, body as is in diagram, seats ok, carpet stains, dashboard ok, ceiling liner dirty, interior good, no burns, ac ok, at no shock or lag, check lamps ok, lights ok, mirrors not working, windows ok, wipers ok, moon roofs ok

Put in a bid of 916,309 yen, lost to a higher bid of 933,000 yen. You might reconize this sort of HiAce as the one that sold on Bring a Trailer for 20 goddamned grand, but this one is the fancy KZ turbo diesel vs. the non-turbo 3L that was in the BaT HiAce. Not too surprised we lost on this one, but a bit miffed it was so close, 150 fuckin' dollars.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

KakerMix posted:

Man, that's cool.

Have you seen any of the original Turbo Lancers come through auctions? Those things must be astonishingly rare now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

The Mitsubishi Jeeps are always able to go topless too.

Have you been seeing many of the newer military Mitsu Jeeps (I forget what they are called) in auction at all? What year to those start at again?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

InitialDave posted:

Man, that's cool.

Have you seen any of the original Turbo Lancers come through auctions? Those things must be astonishingly rare now.

I dunno is this one of them? If so first one I've ever seen, also looks rad.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Have you been seeing many of the newer military Mitsu Jeeps (I forget what they are called) in auction at all? What year to those start at again?

Besides that one a while ago, no. I'm looking all the way to 1995 now and haven't seen any others.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Besides that one a while ago, no. I'm looking all the way to 1995 now and haven't seen any others.

Huh, never seen the interior of one of those. Shifter^stereo^climate control, as it should be. Nice, deep binacle, too. Did Mitsu give you two deadpedals(!)? If it had vent windows in the front it would be my father's dream car.

Is it possible to get a test drive in one of your little vans? I wouldn't like to waste your time, but I have no idea how easy/hard it is to drive one of them around here (Central Florida, I'm over the bridge to your north.)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

KakerMix posted:

That generation, yes, though it's listed as 1800cc and I had it in my head they were a 2.0. Might be misremembering.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

KakerMix posted:

Definitely thought this was a Lancia based on the front end.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, keyless, diesel, aftermarket wheels/grill, inspection records, owner's manual, spare key, mirrors not working, aftermarket steering wheel worn, interior dirty and scratched, left and right front wheel wells slightly bent, wheels corroded, mirrors and steps scratched, small chips in windshield, other dents scratches paint waves

engine starts idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, timing belt sticker at 100,000 km, no sludge, coolant ok, valve cover area oily but not dripping, tires at 70% no cracks, wheels/tires inside ok, spare ok, no leaks mold or rust in trunk, undercaggiage good, boots ok, body as is in diagram, front wheel well slight bent part is just the very tip and looks ok, seats ok, dashboard ok, ceiling liner ok, no burns, ac ok, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, 4wd ok, lights ok, wipers slow, windows slow, sunroof ok

Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ80, 4.2 turbo diesel with 5 speed manual transmission. Original cloth seats, no rust, no rot, original manuals, a bunch of inspection records, couple of original keys. It doesn't say one owner (usually does) but with all original paperwork and keys that is typically a hallmark. If you notice the Japanese plates on the truck it means this is a private sale in that someone had USS put the Crusier up for auction. Downsides in my mind are the aftermarket wheels, aftermarket steering wheel, lift, slow wipers and windows. Upside is 118,000 miles and now I can add "FANATIC" to our "OUTDOOR FREAKS" uh, rear-of-diesel-offroader label collection. Paid the highest price for this out of anything, about $1000 more than the really clean AZ-1.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Does it have the stock front and rear lockers too? (looks like a knob, or look for the e-locker sticking out of the front / rear where the diff bolts into the axle)

Those wheels are pretty rad