Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Vinylshadow posted:

Get used to switching pokemon, because every pokemon that participates gets full exp while the Exp Share is active

Pokemon get full experience for participating in battle regardless of the EXP share in Gens 6/7. The only thing the EXP share does is give them 50% if they didn't switch in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want an exp share that extends to my loving PC box. gently caress it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

cutiefly is an s tier bug

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Joltik is the cutest bug.

Scyther is the coolest bug

Mega-Pinsir is the toughest bug.

Buzzwole is the Sexiest bug.

Heracross is the horniest bug.

Escavilier is the most honorable bug.

Thank you all for attending, I will now take any questions you have.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Why is Golisopod not up there? He's the goodest boy of all.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Flopsy posted:

Golisopod is a dishonorable coward who runs away all the time

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

thetoughestbean posted:

Golisopod is a dishonorable coward who runs away all the time

I think you will find that Golispod makes tactically wise and prudent retreats :colbert:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Um, Shedinja would like a word with you about not making the list.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Unlike the cowardly Wimpod, Golispod is a tactical mastermind.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

All bug types are good... Apart from sandy cloak Wormadam because that's the closest thing to a fully evolved Bug/Ground type we have and it looks like a pizza slice.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Um, Shedinja would like a word with you about not making the list.

I was going to put Shedinja on the list, but someone left out some rocks and he instantly disintegrated on the way in.

Flopsy posted:

Golisipod is a good boy, but unfortunately runs with a bad crowd. He is banned from the list until he finishes his community service.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cutiefly though

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also its super hosed up the best bugs, Scolipede, Araquanid and Volcarona, aren't on your list

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

You forgot Araquanid

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SirSamVimes posted:

Cutiefly though

Cutiefly and Ribombee are both precious and strong and my friends.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

You forgot Araquanid

Araquanid gives me PTSD as a Marowak user.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Cutiefly and Ribombee are both precious and strong and my friends.

Choice spec Ribombee has been my powerhouse in US

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
All this talk about good bugs and not one of your fucks have mentioned Volcarona.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

I think you will find that Golispod makes tactically wise and prudent retreats :colbert:

Yes this exactly.

Neo_Crimson posted:

All this talk about good bugs and not one of your fucks have mentioned Volcarona.

My God you're right!! She's my partner in crime too! I am ashamed of my lack of foresight. Holy mother Volcarona needs her due respects.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 7, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Someone redrew the Gen 1 Red/Green sprites to match the official artwork and here's a video comparing them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4UjvvsSbGI

Some are more or less identical but others have...issues.

EDIT: Huh, I never realized the Dragonite family were after the legendary birds in the Pokedex.
EDIT2: Actually they're not all Red/Green sprites(Pikachu, Mewtwo, ect.). Looks like they chose whichever was worse between Red/Green and Red/Blue.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 7, 2019

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

RatHat posted:

Someone redrew the Gen 1 Red/Green sprites to match the official artwork and here's a video comparing them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4UjvvsSbGI

Some are more or less identical but others have...issues.

EDIT: Huh, I never realized the Dragonite family were after the legendary birds in the Pokedex.
Some of these are impressively close to the official art given the limitations of the console, and others are loving lol forever Charizard.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Winklebottom posted:

I remember enjoying Gen V well enough but looking at the list of the Gen V pokemon, there are some real duds I'd happily forgotten

:effort:

Gothitelle is in the Ubers tier on showdown because of its Shadow Tag ability. It's not on literally every team, but it's present enough that I'm always aware of it

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Gothitelle is in the Ubers tier on showdown because of its Shadow Tag ability. It's not on literally every team, but it's present enough that I'm always aware of it

I believe they sent Gothitelle back to OU after a ton of debate, since the Shadow Tag setup somewhat fell out of vogue in recent meta. They're still a big deal, though!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Xander B Coolridge posted:

a cursed existence, I'm sorry

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I know snails aren’t “bugs,” but I adore Magcargo. If you pet his shell he burns your hand and he has a cute dopey smile. He’s also covering my fire and ground attacks while BusBug covers electricity, ground, and bug attacks. BusBug is also adorable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dear GameFreak

Port all the Pokemon games to the Switch and let me give you lots of money

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

shoutout to the japanese trainers sending interesting/useful stuff over wonder trade

the americans keep sending me wingulls

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Takoluka posted:

I believe they sent Gothitelle back to OU after a ton of debate, since the Shadow Tag setup somewhat fell out of vogue in recent meta. They're still a big deal, though!

Technically speaking Gothitelle can be played in OU. But unfortunately Shadow Tag is banned from the tier. iirc it's in PU cuz it's that worthless without its HA.

I still love Gothitelle's design beyond it's busted ability. Really comes off as exuberantly sassy and that is what I adore about that Pokemon

Also my top 3 bugs are Heracross, Volcarona and Pheromosa. i can't wait for early gen 8 OU to enable me to use 'mosa again

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 7, 2019

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Dear GameFreak

Port all the Pokemon games to the Switch and let me give you lots of money

Oh holy moly this had never occurred to me but wowza yep I would rebuy Gen 3 and 5 at the very least I think

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wonder if being on a 'main' console for once will spell some significant differences for a Pokemon game. They've had console spinoffs before (Pokemon XD and all) but not mainline entries. Might be on a bigger scale than previous Pokemon games.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I want a Pokemon Complete so i can actually Catch 'Em All™ for once

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Winklebottom posted:

I want a Pokemon Complete so i can actually Catch 'Em All™ for once
Hey you can Catch* 'Em All™ in whatever the latest main game is every time.

*own a copy of via trading or shenanigans**

**shenanigans include hacking, weird in-game events, and other things that are definitely not fighting and throwing a pokeball***

***so like definitely not Catching

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I wonder if being on a 'main' console for once will spell some significant differences for a Pokemon game. They've had console spinoffs before (Pokemon XD and all) but not mainline entries. Might be on a bigger scale than previous Pokemon games.

We're talking about Gamefreak.

It's more likely that they'll reintroduce HMs

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
when we hit 1000 pokemon they should make pokemon complete ultimate ultra dx xd arena coliseum ranger conquest catch em all let's go and it will be priced at 100$ and come with it's own console and peripheral.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Ledian is the best bug.

But then again all bugs are great except for Kricketune.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Alxprit posted:

Ledian is the best bug.

But then again all bugs are great except for Kricketune.

I like its cry at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFn2r-iq_4

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

when we hit 1000 pokemon they should make pokemon complete ultimate ultra dx xd arena coliseum ranger conquest catch em all let's go and it will be priced at 100$ and come with it's own console and peripheral.

No mystery dungeon, no deal.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
So I bought Let's Go Eevee at launch, played through Vermillion or so, then put the game on hold because I'm easily distracted by other things. I hit Silph Co. and the game's been a really fun time. I'm loving the reinterpretation of the ancient RBY routes with modern graphics and also current design principles. The cutscenes can be very fun and I was cracking up at the Celadon Game Corner lift key bit with Eevee. It's great stuff and I can see the love and passion the staff has put into the game.

The game's been very easy murdering most stuff with my Gyarados, Venusaur, and Eevee most of the time... but man, suddenly the level curve at Silph Co. hit me hard and stuff actually hurts my Pokemon for good damage. Maybe I didn't fight enough trainers or catch enough Pokemon. But it isn't all that challenging and should be okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Caidin posted:

No mystery dungeon, no deal.

obviously mystery dungeon would get a separate game where you have to recruit 1000 pokemon to defeat reds incredibly OP pikachu.