Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gripweed posted:

You guys should stop generalizing based off your own experiences

That's literally all you're doi- ohh I get it you're a fuckwit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Iceman Cometh

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Allah ahyuckbar

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
After nearly twenty years on this site I can't believe the are those of us who go out of their way to still say how un nerdy they are. I realize that not all of us are within spitting distance of a D10 or a katana but I'd bet a nickel that most of us can say that about one of the two.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I have the goon face blindness thing but it's for dice so I might have dozens of D10s or D13s or whatever lying around the house but they all look like D6s to me

I assume that also applies to most people

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

My friend was tutoring a university-level maths subject and for an example said, "Imagine a six-sided die," which apparently blew their minds with confusion. Turned out he was talking to a room of nerds who didn't know all dice weren't automatically six-sided.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I only do D5’s.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
A few years back I freed a wizard who was trapped in the supermarket cart rack and by way of thanks he gave me a wish. I asked for a single-sided die that always rolled 69. You might be surprised how often it's come in handy

literally never

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Biplane posted:

I only do D5’s.

I only use binary dices made of coin flips

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sulla Faex posted:

A few years back I freed a wizard who was trapped in the supermarket cart rack and by way of thanks he gave me a wish. I asked for a single-sided die that always rolled 69. You might be surprised how often it's come in handy

literally never
That's just a marble that someone sharpied 69 onto, that wino tangled in the cart rack may have tricked you

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Well.. I guess that explains the wizard knife and magic blowjob ritual

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Soiled Meat

James Woods posted:

After nearly twenty years on this site I can't believe the are those of us who go out of their way to still say how un nerdy they are. I realize that not all of us are within spitting distance of a D10 or a katana but I'd bet a nickel that most of us can say that about one of the two.

Whenever y'all post something I picture y'all dribbling dice and chicken wings everywhere, even if no especially if y'all talk about working out and banging chicks. I imagine every post on here covered in a thin layer of chicken grease. This helps me immensely dealing with y'all's bullshit. Am I projecting well maybe????????

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Does Mario have two right hands to maximize the rolling of D20s he obviously has lying around his house?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

global warming has revealed your mother's dildo.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

The only time I've been to Bosnia is when I took a bus from Split to Dubrovnik and passed through that area. We were allowed to get off the bus and went to a small store there for a few minutes before getting back on our way. I was in Bosnia for like 20 minutes.

oh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Not "lying around", but I'd assume most people have a D10 and a D20 readily available in their homes. They're pretty standard dice

Lottery of Babylon alternate account? If so, good one!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Perfectly average house:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Perfectly average house:

Must be an Ork player

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Shrapnig posted:

Does Mario have two right hands to maximize the rolling of D20s he obviously has lying around his house?

Yup, they either picked the wrong arm or should have flipped it, now Mario’s hand is on backwards.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Just think of all the things poor Mario is involved in if he picked the wrong hand.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Perfectly average house:

I have been a tabletop game nerd for like 30 years and I'm a bit of a packrat and I don't have even a tenth, probably less than a twentieth of that horde

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Bloop posted:

I have been a tabletop game nerd for like 30 years and I'm a bit of a packrat and I don't have even a tenth, probably less than a twentieth of that horde

I know a guy with about half a shoebox of dice and I thought that was ridiculous.

In D&D a high level wizard can use an assload of dice, particularly d6s, but I seriously have no idea what you'd so with THAT many. You could run a fair size tournament and have extra.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
If you're running a unit of 30 Boyz you're gonna need at least 30 dice to resolve a round of shooting. Or you could just roll ten dice three times, but that's lame

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Guys, I'm sure you all have D20's in your homes in places you're just not thinking of.

Have you checked your Dice Cellars? What about in the Dice Den, or even out in your Dice Shed?

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

The Bloop posted:

I'm seeing plenty of dice that look specific to certain games so I'm assuming whoever took that picture took every last die from every game in their collection and put them on the table. It's still a lot but the dice would add up pretty fast I bet, especially if any games are dice-centric.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Gripweed posted:

If you're running a unit of 30 Boyz

Of course you're an Ork player. You probably play a Malkavian in Vampire and a Kender in D&D, too.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, Momo cleans up nicely!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

DontMockMySmock posted:

Of course you're an Ork player. You probably play a Malkavian in Vampire and a Kender in D&D, too.

At least Vampire used D6 for everything.

Edit: I stole the D6 dice from every board game in my house when I was running Vampire.

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Mar 7, 2019

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Isn't the average closer to D5.5?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Guys, I'm sure you all have D20's in your homes in places you're just not thinking of.

Have you checked your Dice Cellars? What about in the Dice Den, or even out in your Dice Shed?

I keep 'em all in a giant bowl I made in pottery class. It's my Dice Clay.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DontMockMySmock posted:

Orks are the best!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lobok posted:

I-understood-that-reference.gif

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Who has these, though?

or one of these

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Mar 7, 2019

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

DandyLion posted:

Isn't the average closer to D5.5?

This is very unsettling

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Lobok posted:

You are awful. Awfully punny. Is your AV some kind of Trailer Park Boys comic? Did Randy die for my burgers?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aleph Null posted:

Who has these, though?

or one of these

ABout half the population

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I keep skipping dice chat, but I literally have hundreds of dice in my house. I don’t play any nerd poo poo, but I hand-manufacture board games from wood in my spare time for extra cash.

All the dice are regular dice, though. I buy them bulk. My kids also each have a Tenzi game that has forty dice. Lots of numbered cubes in my house.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I thought it was a little dude in the corner until I opened full size, and it's a lady with a grin and very... determined body language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I bought a huge lot of dice on Ebay one year just insanely cheap. Probably a third as many on that table. Hid them all around the house for Easter and had an Easter egg hunt for them.

Stil just find dice all over. Always dice. Dice in everything.

So yes, there's a d10 near me. Probably. Idk.