Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

fridge corn posted:

Not losing your poo poo over a loading screen is a telltale sign of insanity for sure

Loading screens are annoying, I'd rather play the game instead of starring at a static screen. And in recent years, they have gotten really excessive. It's why I have SSDs in my consoles. Still, PC loading times are much quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Unpopular opinion time.

Im happy skyrim has been ported so many times. Its a very comfy, fun game to gently caress around with inbetween other games, so its nice to literally be able to switch cartriges on my switch, than have to set up and turn on a whole different console.

Skyrim on switch is pretty sick but let's not kid ourselves it's a garbage game and one does not need a "game to gently caress around with inbetween other games", like get a real hobby smdh

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

fridge corn posted:

Not losing your poo poo over a loading screen is a telltale sign of insanity for sure

Who on earth is losing their poo poo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Video games own and the only ones who ever say games are for nerds or whatever are Self Hating Gamers, usually on this forum

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Barudak posted:

You dont need online to play Demons Souls.

Dark Souls 1 is my preference for favorite of the 3 Dark Souls games with two being I did not like and 3 being mediocre. Many people have different opinions but Ill give you the heads up, Dark Souls 1 is the least like Bloodborne mechanically so youll probably dig it the least.

I'm glad about not being the only one that found 3 underwhelming. The gameplay, while improved, felt like it was a weird mish mash of bloodborne's and DS and it didn't feel quite right imo. Also the score had too many faux-epic orchestral suites.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

lmfao the level scaling in anthem is so busted the level 1 starter gun is the most powerful in the game

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pfft who doesn't love waiting for things sometimes I like to go to my dentist's waiting room and just hang out, read some magazines, when the secretary asks if I have an appointment I just say "nah I'm good"

People go to Disneyland just to spend the whole day waiting for stuff, everyone loves it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

People who buy SSDs are just doing it for the quick waiting hit without thinking about all of the extra waiting they're giving up in the long run, truly short sighted

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

food court bailiff posted:

lmfao the level scaling in anthem is so busted the level 1 starter gun is the most powerful in the game

I've never seen anything like it. The same enemy will adjust its level dynamically if you switch weapons. I didn't even know it was possible to do that

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Most games that have fall damage would be more fun without fall damage.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

internet celebrity posted:

man i want a game where you gain life from fall damage so if you wanna heal you gotta do a sick jump back into the action

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jedi knight was cool because you could make such an awesomely high jump that you'd take damage from it

And then you'd shoot force mace at an opponent, causing the gamma on their monitor to get maxed out

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Doom didn't have it. Nor did Portal. Didn't miss it.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

2house2fly posted:

I've never seen anything like it. The same enemy will adjust its level dynamically if you switch weapons. I didn't even know it was possible to do that

You're probably overthinking it. The numbers that pop out of enemies when you shoot them are all just for show.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
There seems to be a bug where the enemies' health doesn't get adjusted properly when using the Lvl 1 weapon, that's all.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

TheScott2K posted:

Doom didn't have it. Nor did Portal. Didn't miss it.

Doom had fall damage you just had to drop down from ridiculous heights twice in a row, I got stuck inside the one tower because I kept falling twice and dying

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Saint's Row The Third has upgrades that can eventually make you immune to almost all types of damage. They kinda obviously make the game boring, except for the one that removes fall damage, that gets about as hilarious as you can imagine in a game with easily accessible aircraft.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i found the best game on steam

:nws:https://store.steampowered.com/app/974420/SEXY_GIRLS/:nws:

:gizz::corsair:

quote:

features:

- free hands mode

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

How progressive of them to make a genderswapped version of the Slender Man game.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
There should be a lot more games like Nioh.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm reading everywhere that the PC version of Nioh is a pretty unoptimized port? I have a fairly old gaming laptop with a core i7, 8gb ram and a GTX 560M. My laptop can run something like Overwatch just fine but I guess Nioh isn't in the cards even on low settings, right?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Shibawanko posted:

I'm reading everywhere that the PC version of Nioh is a pretty unoptimized port? I have a fairly old gaming laptop with a core i7, 8gb ram and a GTX 560M. My laptop can run something like Overwatch just fine but I guess Nioh isn't in the cards even on low settings, right?

I know you can turn off a bunch of bullshit like motion blur and stuff but the 560m is not even close to the minimum card listed in their requirements.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

signalnoise posted:

I know you can turn off a bunch of bullshit like motion blur and stuff but the 560m is not even close to the minimum card listed in their requirements.

Sometimes the minimum requirements don't actually correspond to the lowest settings, I find. I found a video of someone running Nioh on a 760m, but yeah 560 might be a bit of a stretch. I might buy it anyway and give it a try and refund if it doesn't work though. I have basically no demands when it comes to graphics.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Shibawanko posted:

Sometimes the minimum requirements don't actually correspond to the lowest settings, I find. I found a video of someone running Nioh on a 760m, but yeah 560 might be a bit of a stretch. I might buy it anyway and give it a try and refund if it doesn't work though. I have basically no demands when it comes to graphics.

It's a shame because it's a drat beautiful game

I just wish that -

1) It didn't come off like a souls game at first, because it turns a lot of people off in my experience talkin to people about it

2) More games in the crazy lootfest genre like this had this much substance in the gameplay and reward for playing well

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

signalnoise posted:

There should be a lot more games like Nioh.

I have good news for you. Sekiro comes out in like 2 weeks.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

video games are fun, and good to play

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I have good news for you. Sekiro comes out in like 2 weeks.

Not the aspect of Nioh I'm talking about but I am gonna pick that one up for sure. I'm referring to Nioh's crazy lootfest/leveling progression combined with a complex and rewarding combat system with wide open build options. Sekiro looks fun to play but from what I've read about it, progression and builds aren't really a thing in it, and instead you just get really good with the setup they give you.

inkajoo
Oct 4, 2015

nyes

Bogan Krkic posted:

video games are fun, and good to play

This just made me feel a littl sad.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

inkajoo posted:

This just made me feel a littl sad.

Because you cannot play all of the video games?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jokes posted:

Because you cannot play all of the video games?

Probably because it was the worst post in a thread devoted to bad posts.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
There should be a poll

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
The best way to enjoy video games is doing it with middle-of-the-road hardware in 1080p, playing year-old titles you bought for 5$ in the last sale which are running smooth because of that age/res/hw constellation.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

The best way to enjoy video games is doing it with middle-of-the-road hardware in 1080p, playing year-old titles you bought for 5$ in the last sale which are running smooth because of that age/res/hw constellation.

You dodge so much overhyped crap this way too.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Insanely this

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gently caress yeah

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

sometimes i worry about creeping up on system specs with my poorly-optimized programming but as it turned out by the time i finished dragon game, tech had become so cheap that you could play it on a piece of poo poo $100 netbook without dropping any frames

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Open world games are garbage, all of them, bonus points if even more time is wasted in the game in menus ("crafting" lol) than it is exploring a big boring area that looks kind of pretty I guess with some dumb quest on the other side of the map.

I blame Ocarina of Time, that game was the progenitor of big empty bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I watch DMC3's cut scenes again. I think I like it better than 5, it does absurdity humor better. Also the Lady voice actoring in 3 is really good, that's what hold the dumb story together.

5 is good, but Capcom does the "look we can make digital characters look like real people" thing too much and it's distracting. I don't want to keep thinking "did they pay Adam Driver/James Franco" during cut scenes.