Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Augus posted:

DMC1’s combat is dated as hell by now but man Nelo Angelo is still really fun to fight

Was there any smart way to handle the "levitate while spamming phantom swords" intermissions? I never found a way to safely knock him out of that attack (if it even was possible)

E: by the way, I was rewatching Dante and Agnus' Shakespear-off and now I realize I want a friendly one between Dante and Nico. She clearly takes from her father judging from her reaction to Dante's MJ antics.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

This has regional release times, so I’m hoping someone finds out if you can unlock this early with a VPN.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sleepness posted:

This has regional release times, so I’m hoping someone finds out if you can unlock this early with a VPN.

4pm PST

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pomp posted:

4pm PST

I thought it was midnight EST / 9pm PST? Unless you're saying using a Euro VPN will work earlier.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

fadam posted:

EDIT: Oh lol I think it's because I chose a special Dante costume for this mission, I just got a harsh penalty after finishing the mission called "Super Character."
Yep. The super costumes give you infinite devil trigger and other bonuses depending on the character, like infinite Pandora meter.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Mordja posted:

Oh interesting:

Wonder if this means not just more/tougher enemies?

I’m hoping this is like Ninja Gaiden Black where encounters are just totally redone, and you even end up getting some new midbosses

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

I thought it was midnight EST / 9pm PST? Unless you're saying using a Euro VPN will work earlier.

Ya

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm playing DMC5 right now, seems good

Feel free to post when you've had enough

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Barudak posted:

If thats true thats quite clever and nice even though Im absolutely not going to beat him on my first try.

Or possibly ever.

Looks like it's true. There's also a trophy/achievement for doing it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barudak posted:

If thats true thats quite clever and nice even though Im absolutely not going to beat him on my first try.

Or possibly ever.

I pounded on him for a good 5 minutes and his health bar barely moved so either there's a trick to it or it's insanely tedious to do on a fresh save. I assume the trophy expects you to have a bunch of upgrades when you do it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yymtTsXk7Ws

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

And now you know why Dante eats nothing but pizza.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEuKoeTGVjg

[e]: Also two DMC2 trailers - one seems pretty early on in development.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI4_Q1SplAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDco_GeJRnI

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 7, 2019

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Guys, I love the live action cutscenes so much, you don't even know.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gologle posted:

Guys, I love the live action cutscenes so much, you don't even know.

I didn't get the deluxe edition because I figured it'd be whatever and the extra arms, while cool, I could do without. Now I have Deep Regret.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
After seeing just like two of them, I now firmly and genuinely believe that any game going forward that has motion capture in them should include live action cutscenes. It enriches everything so much.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Gologle posted:

After seeing just like two of them, I now firmly and genuinely believe that any game going forward that has motion capture in them should include live action cutscenes. It enriches everything so much.

Holy poo poo they're amazing! I got the deluxe edition without knowing about this, guess I did the right choice.

With MH:W, the latest RE games and now this, Capcom is really redeeming itself. Please continue doing great work and give us Dragon's Dogma 2 :woop:

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 7, 2019

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Omobono posted:

Was there any smart way to handle the "levitate while spamming phantom swords" intermissions? I never found a way to safely knock him out of that attack (if it even was possible)
If you get very close to him, he stops doing it immediately.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Tim Rogers spins a bizarre verbal web of DMC5 praise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1IoIOjMqxQ

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Spermando posted:

If you get very close to him, he stops doing it immediately.

Or you can shoot him down with DT Ifrit fireball iirc.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Tim Rogers spins a bizarre verbal web of DMC5 praise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1IoIOjMqxQ

Dude is gonna run outta words in the dictionary if he ever does a 30min video.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/HatokTalk/status/1103760511496159232
:lol:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

:vince:

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Sorry if this has been answered already, but does anyone know if the PC version will have an unlocked framerate, or will it be capped at 60?

RE2 Remake was uncapped, and considering DMC5 is running on the same engine I'm guessing it'll be uncapped, but I haven't seen anything definitive. I would very much like to play at 144hz.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Unlocked.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

RBX posted:

Unlocked.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

RE Engine is made of magic that somehow allows this game to maintain 60fps during combat even on base consoles.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pesky Splinter posted:

[e]: Also two DMC2 trailers - one seems pretty early on in development.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI4_Q1SplAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDco_GeJRnI

Itsuno is pretty amazing for even getting a playable game going, given that he had like what, 4 months to fix the broken mess that the game was? Not to mention getting his budget slashed for dmc 4. The guy knows how to work under trying conditions.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I unfortunately just had a lot of poo poo spoiled for me.
Good news: poo poo owned.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

RE Engine is made of magic that somehow allows this game to maintain 60fps during combat even on base consoles.

Not quite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STGlJscl1HA

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
One of the DMC4 combo video makers got a copy and already made a combo video. Not linking it because it's full of MASSIVE SPOILERS but if any of you want to see it you can check the Redgrave Kyo youtube channel.

Also, apparently reversing attacks got removed from the final build. :(

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Feel free to post when you've had enough

:golfclap:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Itsuno followed me back on twitter and i feel blessed on this holliest of holy days.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Zedd posted:

I unfortunately just had a lot of poo poo spoiled for me.
Good news: poo poo owned.

I opened YouTube and had to reactively throw my phone in the bin.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Monaghan posted:

Itsuno is pretty amazing for even getting a playable game going, given that he had like what, 4 months to fix the broken mess that the game was? Not to mention getting his budget slashed for dmc 4. The guy knows how to work under trying conditions.

Don't know exactly how late in the day he was bought on, but it was something crazy like that, with no real direction, just trying to salvage something playable out of that mess.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Vikar Jerome posted:

Itsuno followed me back on twitter and i feel blessed on this holliest of holy days.

drat that's a good one. Seriously. No jokes here.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Did you guys know about the photo mode? 'cause I didn't. Why didn't you tell me?

Glory!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

Don't know exactly how late in the day he was bought on, but it was something crazy like that, with no real direction, just trying to salvage something playable out of that mess.

It was like 6 months at most I think, and they had Stinger working.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

The PS4 does well, but the base XBone struggles to maintain 60 regardless of game situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STGlJscl1HA (Skip to the 21 minute mark). It's bad enough that I'm a little surprised Capcom didn't opt to run the game at a lower resolution like 900p or 720p.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

My sympathies for the Boners.