Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

stuxracer posted:

I just rerolled to DH and was struggling. Unity. Why did I forget about that ring already. Thanks for helping this idiot out.

(I’ve played basically every season but first using a class that never uses it so I forgot it exists)

Haha yeah it’s because if you look at leaderboards and diablo fans (RIP) people put the highest possible offense version with the implicit knowledge that you’ll fish at higher rift levels there are usually a few heavy defense items you can layer on as you’re working on your kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rinkles posted:

Isn't rerolling any armor piece really inefficient?

Probably is, but I'm tired of Blood Sharding and just really impatient for more useful Ancient gear.

I'm wearing Ancient Hammer Jammers because I just really needed Ancient Pants, but I can't make that compromise with my belt, since Trove is vital to the LoN Bombardment build.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
how do you guys do those quick gear calculations? with d3 planner?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I try to save my rerolls on weapons but drat if I’m not super impatient. I geared a chicken doc solely so I can run bounties in 5 minutes.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Having a lot of fun this season, especially with the LoN stuff.

I got nearly perfect gear on a LoN energy twister / Arcane Wizard and now I'm ruined forever on everything else. I hold down disintegrate and massive tornadoes fly out of the laser beam, suck everything in and crit for 1.8 trillion per tick while I stand there with 700m toughness plus shields.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Oh god, I've already burned out on this season but that makes me want to come back and try it. Sounds amazing.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Lozareth posted:

Oh god, I've already burned out on this season but that makes me want to come back and try it. Sounds amazing.

If it helps, this is the worst season (IMO) to check out LoN with the RoRG seasonal buff. :)

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I got nearly perfect gear on a LoN energy twister / Arcane Wizard and now I'm ruined forever on everything else. I hold down disintegrate and massive tornadoes fly out of the laser beam, suck everything in and crit for 1.8 trillion per tick while I stand there with 700m toughness plus shields.

I tried to build a Firebirds/Meteor thing last season which sounds similar to this (you just sit there and channel Arcane Torrent and watch the meteor storm), but it was unbelievably squishy compared to Tal Rasha's. This does sound cool, though.

Did some more hammer chuckin on the Crusader yesterday. The first non-starter set to get 5 pieces is... Invokers. Hm, thorns. I set it up with the stuff I had (not cookie cutter, though) and it is both incredibly tanky and tears through single targets. Almost complete lack of AoE, though, even though I'm using a Hack and the Provoke/Thorns shield. I guess this would be ideal for group play where you only engage elites/bosses?

e: using Slash for AoE is much much better

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 7, 2019

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Suburban Dad posted:

If it helps, this is the worst season (IMO) to check out LoN with the RoRG seasonal buff. :)

They tried to buff Lon at the same time seems like a weird combo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Finally.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Probably is, but I'm tired of Blood Sharding and just really impatient for more useful Ancient gear.

I'm wearing Ancient Hammer Jammers because I just really needed Ancient Pants, but I can't make that compromise with my belt, since Trove is vital to the LoN Bombardment build.

2 things:

1. Take it from someone who built LONBomb 5 seasons in a row, it’s so much faster to gamble another ancient belt then it is to reroll and your gonna be kicking yourself for burning bounty mats on something so cheap from Kadala

2. A non-ancient 6 second belt is better than an ancient 7-8 second belt for DPS.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Can't you also do this with DMO?

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

GR70 complete and my prize is...

:negative:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ofecks posted:

GR70 complete and my prize is...

:negative:

Primal Vault.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

that’s how you open uber greed

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

Uh, welp I already sharded it. I wish games told you about this sort of thing without having to consult external sources.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
They're joking. But Puzzle Rings in the cube open the realm of Greed (but there's only one version). In case you didn't know.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

bamhand posted:

Can't you also do this with DMO?

You definitely could - the keys to make it work are the energy twister bracers (I forget the name), then deathwish / etched sigil / twisted sabre. The belt which reduces RoF / disintegrate cost is needed as well.

Stack arcane damage then you hold down disintegrate. The tornadoes spawn and coaelsce into the larger ones, the first one will suck everything into it that's even remotely nearby.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
GoG has Diablo 1 in its original form or with Win 10 support and high res. Is this a new thing or has it been out for a while? I don't think I could play D2 today let alone D1 but it's neat that it exists.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

bamhand posted:

GoG has Diablo 1 in its original form or with Win 10 support and high res. Is this a new thing or has it been out for a while? I don't think I could play D2 today let alone D1 but it's neat that it exists.

They just sent out an email about it, so I feel like it has to be new.

Edit: All the reviews are from today, so yeah this must be brand new (to GOG).

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 7, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yep, they just tweeted about it a few hours ago.

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1103657808027881472

That's cool that it's basically Diablo 1 Remastered, what with the high-res support and all.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Would be nice to play it with win10 support without downloading 3 different hacks and trying to configure them etc. If anyone grabs it please report back how the code updates play out

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mewse posted:

Would be nice to play it with win10 support without downloading 3 different hacks and trying to configure them etc. If anyone grabs it please report back how the code updates play out

It is playing for me with zero issues. It includes an updated version with screen resolution changes to match your monitor, but no battle.net support, and a pure classic version with b.net support.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I said come in! posted:

It is playing for me with zero issues. It includes an updated version with screen resolution changes to match your monitor, but no battle.net support, and a pure classic version with b.net support.

The "high res" version just scales the original 640x480 to your native monitor res right? Does alt-tabbing and everything work correctly?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Yep, they just tweeted about it a few hours ago.

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1103657808027881472

That's cool that it's basically Diablo 1 Remastered, what with the high-res support and all.

Woah, how unBlizzard-like. Cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mewse posted:

The "high res" version just scales the original 640x480 to your native monitor res right? Does alt-tabbing and everything work correctly?

alt-tabbing works for me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

FAQ. Mentions that Warcraft 1 and 2 are also coming to GOG. Diablo 2 gets a "no announcements at this time".

mewse
May 2, 2006

I said come in! posted:

alt-tabbing works for me.

Sweet, thanks

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Well that's real loving neato.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Rinkles posted:

FAQ. Mentions that Warcraft 1 and 2 are also coming to GOG. Diablo 2 gets a "no announcements at this time".

Diablo 2 is still downloadable from Battle.net if you have a key registered to your account.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

big same

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

care to explain?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
If I'm trying to get a better Natalya's Slayer am I better off reforging one or upgrading rares? IIRC reforging armor is useless but it makes sense for weapons?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rinkles posted:

care to explain?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Didn't registering your Diablo 3 key from the CE unlock D2/LoD in your b.net account?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

why the middle finger?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kyrosiris posted:

Didn't registering your Diablo 3 key from the CE unlock D2/LoD in your b.net account?

Apparently not.

Rinkles posted:

why the middle finger?

It's a paperweight.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Goddamn it. I've got about 11 goblins of varying flavours showing up on my map and not enough DPS to kill them all. This is the first time I've seen a rift like this and also the first time this game has stressed me out. And the fact that they're all laughing at me isn't helping any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

XeeD posted:

Goddamn it. I've got about 11 goblins of varying flavours showing up on my map and not enough DPS to kill them all. This is the first time I've seen a rift like this and also the first time this game has stressed me out. And the fact that they're all laughing at me isn't helping any.

Someone should really set up a goon community, this kind of thing is a tragedy. Nothing worse than goblins escaping the deaths they deserve.